Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Left_bar_bleue7380/100The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Empty The Problem with Names [Kei/J]

Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:05 pm
KEI SAIONJI

"Gods above, I swear I'm going to toss you in a river!" Kei stood from a meditative position, gripping her Zanpakutō tight. It was in its full sealed state—the naginata fully extended rather than shrunken into a rod for ease of carrying. It was the only way Senkō Zensen would talk to her—if it would even happen. The two had a unique relationship. Kei only really had the Zanpakutō because she graduated the Shin'ō Academy—she never expected, nor really wanted to use it. But times were once again turbulent. This time, she didn't want to sit idly by.

Kei stared at the Zanpakutō as if her vision would snap it. This continued for a long moment until one of the doors to the practice room slid open. Only a handful of people would dare open the room when she was in there. As the person who dealt with most of the help, Kei was more approachable than her brother, the actual master of the manor. Only the heads of the departments would open it—but even they would knock to give her a warning before entering. Only J or her personal maidservant would come in without knocking at all. It was her older brother this time, and it was both a relief and a new source of tension.

She bowed lightly in respect. "Sorry if my... outburst disturbed you. Just trying to talk to this embodiment of stubbornness." Kei glared hard at her Zanpakutō again. "Do you want to use the room? I doubt I'll get anything more than silence today."

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Left_bar_bleue1570/100The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Empty Re: The Problem with Names [Kei/J]

Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:34 am
The Problem with Names [Kei/J] J_PostingHeader9
Enter: J. Saionji

The exhaustion J had been dealing with brought him to his desk, where he had been laying his head to just rest his eyes for a few moments. That was three hours ago. It was the sound of his sisters rage that jolted him away, though no one could tell the man had actually been startled. His eyes opened normally and he sat up, quickly pulling a stuck pencil and paper from his arms before getting up.

J could tell where his sister was, so he made it to the practice rooms. Sliding the door open, he watched her for a moment before she turned around to see the indents on his face and the grogginess in his eyes. He waved a hand and shook his head. “No need to apologize, Kei,” J said, stepping inside and closing the door behind him. “I see… So, you are struggling with your zanpakuto.” Again…

“Is there anything I can help with?” J asked. He was always willing to help Kei, when she let him. She was a prideful woman, and had a habit of pushing his help off… like that was beneficial… In some ways, she reminded him of Father. J’s zanpakuto lay at his hip like normal. He rarely went places without it. Even though most did not travel with a nuke on their waistline, J was one who preferred it there.

End Post
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Left_bar_bleue7380/100The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:04 am
KEI SAIONJI

"No, no." J's thought of her pushing his help off was true. Kei didn't enjoy being lectured in two directions. Even beyond that, Zanjutsu was far from her specialty. She could was just about proficient enough to have Shikai and even that felt like a fluke. If she had ever done some introspection on the matter, perhaps her lack of confidence here was what the problem actually was with her Zanpakutō. However, Kei was a bit too frustrated at the moment.

"She's just..." Kei let out a frustrated sound something between a hack and a sigh. "I'm trying to communicate more, but it doesn't help when the person on the other end doesn't pick up." She felt the anger rising again. Not wanting to make a show with her brother right there—the resulting spiel was the last thing she wanted right now—Kei tried to find an excuse to change the subject. Noticing new wrinkles on J's face, she took a few steps towards him before letting out a small giggle.

The markings weren't wrinkles, but indentations when someone was sleeping a little too hard. "You do know they make better pillows than a spiral-bound notebook. And I'm sure we could afford one." Kei tapped her cheek where the marks would be on her. "Work's that bad right now? Last time I saw you with marks like those was when you were stressing out over attending that Shihoin kid's funeral..." J had unintentionally stressed himself out so much he was sick and couldn't attend anyway, so it had worked out in the end. But it wasn't that common that her brother didn't at least put a pillow down first for his desk naps.

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Left_bar_bleue1570/100The Problem with Names [Kei/J] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:14 am

J did not expect her to accept his offer of help, and she didn’t. The only time Kei would get help from him is if it was her idea and she came to him to ask. He had some theories about her zanpakuto’s silence, but he would never push them on her. He knew how she reacted to being told what to do, whether the intentions were kind or not. Instead, he let the conversation fall to the marks on his face.

J’s hand rose to the indents on his face. He was hoping they would only be on his arms, but apparently he missed them. He let out a defeated sigh. “There have been a few incidents that have caught my attention; I’m sure you know which. The hospital situation has not been kept secret. I’ve also got some things I need to check into… Where’s Mayumi tonight? She should be attending her lessons.”

End Post
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:33 am
KEI SAIONJI

Kei decided to answer the question first. If she didn't look like her actual father, many might confuse J to be Mayumi's father with how he worried. "The tutor was sick and couldn't make the lessons today. Instead, Mayumi ran around in the garden for a little while... I guess it tired her out, and she's taking a nap. I may have to increase her portions at breakfast if that tires her out so early." She shook her head and sighed. Mayumi was almost at the age of being a handful. Kei was just going to have to hope that the incidents that J mentioned were resolved before that happened.

"Oh, trust me, the hospital situation is on the 1st's radar too. I've been doing weekly checks on the security barriers around the barracks since then... I'm not surprised the Sixth's been extra busy on that front as well. At least you're not having to listen to complaints from other Divisions about certain people causing a ruckus." Kei rubbed the bridge of her nose. "I swear it's only a matter of time before the first has to send someone to do an actual audit."

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:05 am

Mayumi was tired out after a bit of time in the garden? J thought the child might be coming down with something if that was the case. J was never too keen on raising the child’s proportions. He had no interest in her becoming fat, though there was also the issue of proper nutrition. Mayumi needed to grow up as healthy as possible, and for a young woman, he understood that would mean… certain things.

“I recommend doing it and starting with the Fourth. I have little I can say about that, because he gave me no details, but Tsubine has given me a hint to keep an eye on them. I know nothing more,” J said, reiterating that last bit because he was serious. He knew little more. Tsubine kept his mouth shut. Of course, in thinking about that, his expression soured. He did not want to dwell on that any longer.

“Is Mayumi at the age where interest in girls becomes a problem? … or boys,” J said, his expression becoming more focused. “Changing her portions could be beneficial in the feminine development. Put her on whatever diet you were eating during that time.” Though innocent in his concern, it probably was not the best subject to discuss, especially since he was clearly making reference to his sister’s figure.

End Post
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:05 pm
KEI SAIONJI

"Who else would I be auditing, dear brother?" Kei let out an annoyed breath. Though, information from J's Yakuza friend was always interesting. He was Mayumi's actual father, and beyond that, he was a pretty good person if not a lawful one. And if he was giving J a tip about something with the Gotei, it was likely something to look into. "I'll keep that in mind..." She doubted she'd do the audit herself, unless Erika or Murasaki wanted it done by someone of her station. She'd pass it on to one of the middle seats. Before she did that, she'd have to see if things finally quieted down.

J's abrupt subject change cause Kei a bit off-guard. She laughed a little more heartily than she should have, then quickly covered her mouth. Her smile echoed through her words. "At least to me, she's shown interest in neither really. I think you have a bit more time to prepare before then." Kei didn't say that she wouldn't have told J one way or the other anyway if Mayumi confided in her. Although J was her godfather, Kei was more like a god-aunt. She was the one that Mayumi could tell things that she couldn't to a father or father figure. It pained Kei that Mayumi didn't have a mother figure, but that was up to Tsubine to fix, not Kei. "And as for her development, J, you have to understand that some things are determined by genetics. There's only so much we can do. If it makes you feel better, the doctor says she's growing just fine—perhaps a little faster than average, but it's always hard to gauge growth when you have at least one strong parent."

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:51 pm

Finding that Mayumi was not interested in girlfriends or boyfriends brought visible relief to J, as he put his hand over his heart and exhaled that bit of stress away. J was unaware of Kei’s aunt-loyalties. He understood that Kei did not want to be a “mother-figure” to Mayumi, and he respected that. Besides, she was a wonderful aunt to Mayumi and the only woman J counted on to help the child develop.

“Yes, and with your genetics, and grandmother on father’s side, I am sure the child will be as fortunate in the… womanly… assets… area… It seems to be what women and men look for in a proper mate these days,” J said, revealing a disconnect in his mind when it comes to the child he had been raising for multiple years now. In fact, it revealed two disconnects. Most “fathers” would prefer the opposite of what his words entailed. Instead, like many nobles, he was in support of those womanly changes, for the sake of Mayumi’s future! And… Mayumi didn’t share their genetics.

End Post
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:17 pm
KEI SAIONJI

With how composed, cool, and generally a good guy her brother was, Kei had a habit of forgetting the most crucial aspect of J. The man had one braincell at times. Some of the things he would say were so off-the-walls and downright... Even using a thesaurus, she'd not find the right word. Mostly because when J said these outlandishly idiotic things, he was so sincere. He was confidently incorrect, and with J's confidence came a purity that just made you want to say to him "Bless your heart."

Kei pinched the bridge of her nose again. "J... for her to have grandmother's genes, she'd need to be related to us. And no matter how much you may try to will it to be, she's not." With a sigh, Kei adjusted the flow of the conversation. "I didn't know her mother, so I can't say how she'll turn out that way. Tsubine keeps saying she looks so much like her—especially in the eyes. So I can't exactly predict how she'll turn out, but... I think she'll be fine. Even if she doesn't develop... femininity like you're concerned about, there are people who prefer a more petite figure."

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:19 am

Rude, he had two at all times. Thank you very much. One of them focused on the family, the other switched between social situations and job.

With Kei coming back at J with her logic switch turned on, J stared. The moment of realization was obvious, as the man turned away and pinched the bridge of his own nose. It took everything he had not to verbally call himself an idiot. Mayumi was not his child, he knew this, but his considering her family was so natural that he occasionally forgot. He looked over his shoulder at Kei and sighed. “RIght.”

“No matter, I guess. I doubt many people out there are worthy of Mayumi,” J said, bluntly. This was a trait that came from their father. The man was a bastard, but he had been very concerned with Kei’s growth as a woman when they were younger… maybe a bit too worried. J theorized that Kei’s preferences toward women were caused by their Father, but he never had the courage to ask something like that.

"Are you well?" J asked. From him, it was a question that encompassed Kei's entire life, from her job, to her friends, to her love life. He hasn't gotten to check in with her lately, and he preferred to keep up with his sister. Protective brother instincts!

End Post
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum