Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Empty Re: Life is a Bed of Roses

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Daniel_Steiner
Enter: Daniel

"He is good at being your brother, eh?"

He let out a little laugh at her struggling to find something to put into words in terms of a compliment for her brother, but he understood that feeling as well. He really didn't know how to describe his brother outside of him being skilled and a much better heir to the title of head of house than he was, that was about all he had to use as descriptors. Still, he could tell there was love there, even under the harshness of it, and that was important. Family was important and he was learning that more and more as he moved down the path he wanted to walk. He noted her dislike of doctors and a quick dropping on the upbeat nature of her tone, but tried his best to not to pry. He didn't want her to unload all her problems, not because he didn't mind talking about them, but because he knew the pain of having to put words to one's issues. She seemed like a great lady and he didn't want her to be pained by her having to talk about her personal struggles. She did quickly get back into her previous attitude, he couldn't tell if it was a facade, or if she was just naturally capable of handling the crap she was dealing with.

"I would say he is smart, but I would also say he is a bit too strict with everything that he decides on putting me through to mold me into a suitable heir. These last few years have been a pain, but family is extremely important, as such you put up with the good and the bad in those situations. I mean, your dad must be smart too, being a professor, and all!"

He wondered just who was stronger between their dads, but he supposed there were multiple types of strength, he had been learning that the hard way. Still there was once again a very weird response about her brother and he wondered just what sort of relationship the two had. It made him curious to meet her brother, though that would be a bit forward of him to ask to meet her family, and that might even be viewed in a weird way. Still, his curiosity was there, and he doubt it would go away any time soon.

"You would think the point of doctors would be to treat the sick and cure them of their ailments, but most of the doctors I met today are nothing more than vampires pretending to be doctors. Kind of sickens me a bit, especially with how far we are advancing in medical technology, and treatment methods, yet they still want to be stuck in the past. Practicing the same methods they always do and hoarding the trial drugs and cutting edge treatments to only the exuberantly wealthy. If my dad's goal was to make me frustrated with the systems in place, he has been doing a hell of a job. Still..."

He let out a sigh, removing one his hands from his pocket to rub his chin, and trying to find a way in his mind to confront her on her own health. He doubted it was a 'fun' subject or even one that he could traverse without stepping on a landmine, but sometimes one needed to tread a minefield to try and help someone in need. That was when he was flicked on the forehead, he had been so distracted that he had been open to a sneak attack. He decided to put all of the questions to bed, it wasn't his place to dig through another's problems, no matter how curious he was about it, and he wouldn't do it unless she wanted him to. And if she did, then he would ask the questions, but for now he had to be his normal entertaining self.

"Do a back-flip? Would that be cool?"

He laughed a bit and then shook his head before asking himself internally what he wanted to do in terms of a life trajectory. She kind of knew how to hit the deep philosophical questions that he didn't really ask himself. With a shrug of his shoulder he began to reply.

"I wanted to be an entertainer before all of this head of house stuff was dropped into my lap, but as of late I don't even know what I want to do anymore. To be honest, after dealing with those bloodsuckers, I think maybe I want to make serious changes to medical science...though that is going to require a lot of reading and a lot of effort, but it would be worth it in the long run. My family has money, I think when I get to take over, that is what I will put it to use to do, and screw whoever doesn't want the change."

He smiled a bit, thinking over what he just said, and realizing that might be a good goal at the same time.

End Post

Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 OlBPPj4
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 VewULRr
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 AQodtc6
Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 pm
A loaded question, but one that she could answer quickly.

"Of course he is"

Though she would think about it for a moment wanting to add some more details on the matter. While she did she made sure she listened to Daniel explain his family. Honestly, Nanaly could relate, maybe that was what Daniel needed.

"That's similar. My dad is very strict and protective you know? Doesn't let me stay out super long. My brother is always checking on me, It's nice but sometimes I feel suffocated. My dad is smart, Yeah. He teaches me a lot. About all this Quincy stuff... my brother is a lone wolf kinda guy. He lives alone but is always talking to me" She explained briefly. Turning her attention towards Daniel, before chuckling lightly. "But hey, that's just how the family is right?"

Nanaly tried to relate to Daniel, I mean that's kind of how ALL families were. She chuckles

"I've taken the same medicine for the last 6 years and I don't feel any different." She paused hoping not to give too much information. "I know the doctors are helping, but it feels stagnant. I don't wanna take meds for the rest of my life..."

Once all of that was finished, she would chuckle as he spoke about the backflip. "Sure! It would be pretty damn impressive~" She clapped almost cheering the man on. "That... would be good. you should do that. People like me would appreciate that-" She was shocked to hear that, honestly if it could get Nanaly cured? She was on board.
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Yesterday at 4:24 am
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 Daniel_Steiner
Enter: Daniel

"I think it is a good thing your brother tries to reach out and be close to you, hell I would have loved that sort of interaction when my brother was alive."

Dropping a casual bombshell like that wasn't really his style and his eyes went wide as he realized that he had just let that slip out before waving his hands frantically in an attempt to wave it off.

"You are right though...family can be a real pain in the neck, but it seems like your family means well. I don't even know where to begin with mine. Forcing me to take on a role I'm ill fit to do and all, but I guess they have some faith in me. Even if I don't have that much faith in myself in that regard. Still, I love my family, and I want to do right by them, I guess that is why I'm putting all my dreams on hold to fulfill their wishes of me so that they don't have to worry about the future so much and can just focus on living their own life and doing their own thing. They deserve that much."

He looked off into the distance, rubbing the back of his head as he spoke honestly about his situation from the bottom of his heart. Maybe he was too much of a people pleaser? Trying his hardest to make everyone else happy at his own expense worked when he streamed, but in the real world trying to do this with people with loftier expectations than a quick laugh really was a struggle. He was working so hard to make it work, but it really made his life feel overburdened. He doubted he could just tell his parents about it and they would lessen the load, but maybe he should talk about it, and see if they would at least listen to him about it?

"I get not wanting to take medicine for the rest of your life, but if you don't feel any different then at least it is working in keeping you stable. I know that isn't enough for you though and that you want to be cured, but at least it is a start. I wish I had all the answers for you in that regard, but I'm still a novice at most of this medical business."

He felt like the conversation was turning south, so he quickly put a smile on, and turned to look at her while trying to send as many positive vibes her way as he could. Sometimes the best medicine was positivity.

"But I will do everything in my power to not only find a cure for you, but a cure for a lot of people who suffer from these long-term diseases. So just give me some time and until then..."

He reached into his pocket, procuring his wallet, and pulling out a rather fancy looking card from within it. He would go to hand it to her.

"I think you should talk to my mom and dad. My dad is a medical researcher and my mom is a doctor, if anyone would know about new medical breakthroughs and fringe treatments that aren't in the public eye it would be them. Just tell the assistant you know me and I'm sure they can help you out."

He really meant well and he wanted to give her options because seeing someone's life be burdened down due to illness was not something that he could bear. Maybe that is why it WOULD be ideal for him to take over, even if he begrudgingly didn't want to do so.

End Post

Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 OlBPPj4
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 VewULRr
Life is a Bed of Roses - Page 2 AQodtc6
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum