Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  Empty Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]

Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:48 am
Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  Banner-Rio2

Rio Shihoin

Though the battle was won to some degree, the war felt as though it were far from over. The chasm in the heart of Africa remained a presence difficult to ignore, a presence that likely required the earth division's focus moving forward.

Now, in the aftermath of her battle, Rio has set her focus elsewhere. That is, expediently preparing a gift basket and a meal to brighten up Igen's spirits. He, too, experienced a perilous battle that left him with severe injuries that required an extended period of recuperation at the hospital. Truth be told, she was relieved to learn he survived.

There were so many spiritual pressures fading in and out of existence that she wondered who and what survived in the cataclysm of chaos. Politely requesting permission to check in on him during visitation hours, Rio held the basket in her hands, slowly opening the door to enter, closing it quietly so as to avoid disturbing him if he were sleeping. For a moment she glanced around to see if Ko was present, but quickly turned her attention to the man of the hour. Assuming a position at his bedside, Rio flashed a warm smile, reaching in to carefully grasp his hand.

"How are you holding up, Igen? I was worried about you down there, but I'm relieved to see you're still kicking."

END POST | Shihoin Aegis
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  Empty Re: Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:00 pm
Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  Pyq9cnbgl64

Embarrassment was a helluva drug.

He didn't even have to look into the battle reports to know that he was ashamed of his performance. After not only thoroughly exhausting himself, but also practically going delirious from exhaustion, the insult was merely added to Injury. He'd performed....poorly to say the least. And well, he was certainly paying for it. Second Division and Third Division had been able to restore his hands, after almost losing them as little more than stumps. But it wasn't a perfect process. The procedure of regrowing the limbs had been excruciating, and now he had to let his new hands set, to let his body get used to them. And so his hands were wrapped up in gauze and he was on painkillers for the time being. More or less crippled. Well. Mostly.

Sitting in his hospital bed, when Rio entered the room, she would INDEED spot Ko sitting at the bedside, sitting indian style on the table, and reading something to Igen. When the woman entered, the Zanpaku'to spirit let out an irritated sigh of relief.

Let Me Be Your Shield[Igen, Rio]  G4z9cxjogq7

"FINALLY. Get this idiot to stop making me read battle reports to him." She requested a bit tersely, which immediately got a sheepish look from Igen. Yep, since he couldn't use his hands, he'd had his Zanpaku'to get and read battle reports to him. But well, with Rio now in the room, he hastily scooted the stack aside with his bandaged mitt.

"Hey Ri. Uhhh..." Thankfully there was plenty in sight to dissuade Rio from grabbing his hands. Still, he noticed the brief reach and smiled, appreciating the gesture. "A little....embarassed. Didn't quite make the best decisions during that operation. But I'mmmmmm still kickin." He noted with a chipper little smile, perhaps not quite as ...bright and dazzling as it usually was. But there was a gentle warmth that seemed thankful that Rio was there.

"Doctors say that In about a week I should be right as rain." He noted, raising his arms and then wincing as he glanced at a bandage along his side. Ah right, the Cero scours had also been pretty bad. "What about you? You seem all nice and unbandaged. That's my Rio.~" He chimed, thankful that she was so sturdy.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:18 am

Rio Shihoin

"From the sounds of it, I came at a good time. Good to see you again, Ko."

Ko was an expected presence, but far from one Rio would consider unwelcomed. To know that there was someone who remained an ever-present fixture at his side during a difficult period was genuinely relieving. Observing him in his current condition was less so, but as always, his positive aura lessened any dour emotion that may have threatened to rise unbidden.

"And here I was, wishing for your expedient recovery ahead of time. From my point of view now... it seems those worries were unfounded, after all. Your spirit and tenacity never cease to amaze me, Ig. Even so, until then, enjoy these treats that I prepared for you. There's even a few letters from my servants here as well."

Ever so gently, a firm hand rubbed against his face uninterrupted. Another presented a gift basket full of sweets prepared by herself and her servants as a sign that they, too, wished to see him make an expedient recovery. As a matter of course, she knew without his hands, he wouldn't be able to grab them, let alone eat properly, but she was more than acquiscient to the idea of feeding him if he requested.

At his compliment, Rio merely offered a sheepish smile. In truth, her enemy was no easy foe, possessing an otherworldly speed in the skies that left her at a significant disadvantage throughout. Only through Yugiri's assistance could she proudly proclaim she emerged with so little damage. The enemy tested both of them to such a degree that the battle required using her Bankai. As it stood, she would not be able to access that state for some time.

"To tell the truth, I have my beloved sibling, Yugiri, to thank for that. She was an unexpected ally who aided me well in combating an opponent that was, by all accounts, my polar opposite. Without her, I don't quite know how I would have fared. I don't think I would have lost, but she solidified my victory with her otherworldly speed. Of course, in exchange... I had to employ my Bankai. Which unfortunately means I cannot access it for a few months now. Compared to me, you look like you took far more damage to earn your victory."

END POST | Shihoin Aegis
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:33 pm

Ko gave a little wave over her shoulder as she promptly headed outside the room. Leaving Igen with his girlfriend. And a gentle smile budded from that usual big grin of his as he looked fondly to Rio.

"Thanks Rio. and oh. The servants?" He ventured in surprise. Sure, he would talk to them whenever he went to visit the estate, but he was a bit startled that they would reach out to him! "Please tell them thanks~ And to Yugiri as well, for Keeping you safe. Hopefully I get a chance to meet her sometime, I understand she's something of a wanderer similar to Lady Feng." He mused, lifting one of his bandaged mitts to his chin thoughtfully as he pondered the situation. A pause was given as he gave an appreciative whistle. She'd had to use Bankai? Now that surprised him. But well, he had noticed the strength of the enemies in the general vicinity during the conflict. Still, he couldn't help but be surprised she'd been pushed so far.

But even so, he found himself relaxing in her presence as he closed his eyes and let his thoughts drift back to the fight itself.

Doubts clogged his mind. Doubts? No. Concerns. He didn't doubt things. While he had acted a fool, he understood that dwelling on it was...pointless right? HE could feel that burning anger and shame. But he understood it wouldn't help. It was fuel to push himself. But not right now. He needed to heal. And even more, the job wasn't done. He'd still have to try and focus on actually buckling down. Doing what needed to be done. And ...perhaps finding Kyo. Talking to him. Not to mention Rio.

A pause as he ...stared up at her. Ah, right. This was what girlfriends were for right? He smiled sheepishly. "I don't know for sure if we got ours. It had some very ...strange abilities. And as I was passing out. We hit it but.... I'm a bit worried it's ...still out there." He sighed, chuckling nervously as he laid his head back against the bed. "I know I ...you know.. did my best. And I included my concerns in my report. But still its been on my mind this whole time." He murmured, shuffling a bit in his bed as he looked up at the ceiling. "I can't help but wonder if Im' worthy of Third Seat in the division. And I'm even more anxious that I'm out of commission if something happens within the next few days." He confessed, giving a chuckle and a sigh.

"I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I mean....the strides I've made in the last couple years. I guess I just didn't expect to feel so helpless." He mused, more...thoughtfull than under duress. If nothing else, his voice and body language didn't make it seem like he was torn up. More ...thoughtful. Pensive about his situation. After all, he wasn't exactly a guy to be down in the dumps. Maybe if he were smarter, heh.

He turned to look at Rio and smiled a bit wider.
"And I'd like to say. I may be on a lot of pain killers right now, and I may have been stuck in this hospital room for like, three days. But you are looking Fantastic~" He chimed and gave a flirty little smile to his girlfriend.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:41 am

Rio Shihoin

"Oh is she. It is always a tall order trying to pinpoint where she might go next. If we do cross paths soon, I'll be sure to pass your gratitude along."

Voicing that playful promise, Rio silently listened to his recount of the battle in Africa, discerning that his battle had not merited similar results to her own. Even worse, his belief indicated that whatever manner of hollow he faced, there was a likelihood it survived his best efforts. In addition to his injuries, a single glance at his expression told a story all on its own.

It was the familiar expression of any warrior - doubt. Reflecting on her own ineffectiveness at a loss was never easy. Even now, at her current level of ability, she still felt there was more to achieve herself. Her recent battle with Shishiyuki taught her that much. Of course, Igen erased any budding worry by shifting the subject back to her, complimenting her on her appearance. Flashing a warm smile, contrasting with his flirtatious grin, Rio's hand traveled upward to gently caress his face.

"Charming and upbeat as always. My favorite trait. Appreciating the compliment aside, don't judge yourself too harshly. Considering where you started, to occupy the 3rd seat in the First Division is no small feat. To learn what you've learned in such a quick period, even more so. Whatever you lack, we'll simply have to train together until you break past your limit. Until then, it is my duty to make you feel more at ease. That's why I've come here with all these sweets in hand."

END POST | Shihoin Aegis
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 pm
Igen grinned impishly and gave a little wink.
"Charming and Optomistic. Das Me~" He chimed, before sighing and puffing his cheeks. "I really don't wanna piss off the nurses. However." He promptly looped his arms around Rio's hips and scooped her up using his forearms and biceps, gently pulling her into the hospital bed and leaning in.

It wasn't a little peck like the kind he usually gave her in public. TECHNICALLY it wasn't like this was a public space. It wasn't private, but they were in a room. Right?

And so he kissed her. He kissed her like he meant it. A firm meeting of soft lips accompanied by a gentle squeezxe about her waist that kept her secure to his frame. He wasn't trying to escalate this. He wasn't trying to uh... break his orders for rest or anything. But that warm, intimate embrace held within it a gentle but fervent yearning.

He missed her.

He missed her a whole damn lot, it wasn't often he went more than a few days without checking up on her, and so seeing his girlfriend in this sort of situation, he went a bit further than usual, and when he finally pulled back, he sighed, resting his cheek on her shoulder and giving her a sly little smile. The fondness he felt for her a gentle smoldering glow in those eyes as he just quietly looked her in the eye. Tired, still aching from the battle, and frankly, his side still hurt a bit when he scooped her up. But it was worth it, and the sentiment was stamped all over his face. He never was really good at hiding how he was feeling~
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm

Rio Shihoin

To say Rio expected Igen's brazen display of affection would've been a falsehood so severe as to invite disbelief, but that reality proved true through the way he so boldly pulled her into his tall frame, consuming her lips within an earnest kiss that quite readily displayed his passion for the Shihoin held in his arms. There was no protest in her posture, no rejection, simply fond surrender to the moment at hand.

In other words, the act of affection was appreciated, and she returned the favor by holding their lips for a few moments longer until their lips separated. Caramel-colored cheeks growing a touch red, Rio touched her lips, gazing back at Igen - somewhat amused, somewhat dumbfounded, curious as to what prompted such a firm action.

"Words simply can't describe how dumbfounded I am at the moment. What prompted the strong show of affection just now, Ig? Did you miss me that much?"

Spoken with genuine curiosity, albeit lightly hidden behind a teasing voice, she simply held his gaze for a moment, running a hand through his pink hair. Rio hardly opposed public affection, of course, but there remained still, that typical air of composure and grace she intended to maintain in a setting like this. After all, it wasn't her position to make anything awkward for the nurses, let alone worsen his condition, even if she was impressed by the earnest nature of his kiss.

END POST | Shihoin Aegis
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:41 pm

Igen couldn't help but smile from ear to ear at Rio's reaction, a soft chuckle as he noticed the slight shift in color and the sudden shift in her speech patterns. It was pretty darn cute to say the least. "Of course I did. That and you know... I'm just glad you're alright." He sighed, leaning in and gently resting his forehead against Rio's, closing his eyes before givcing a sheepish smile and loosening his grip around her waist.

"This probably isn't the place to do this though. Nurses and all that... Ugh, I really cant wait until I get discharged later. Even if I won't be able to get bakc to full duty, I feel like I've been in this room forever." He confessed, before sitting back and then perking up as an idea popped into his head. Looking up at Rio and tilting his head. "Once I'm discharged, do you wanna go come to my place? We can celebrate you not winding up in the hospital" He ventured, grinning as he did so. But perhaps more than that, he just wanted to spend time with her.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum