Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
RaiderJoseph
RaiderJoseph
Starter Member

Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami Empty Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:26 pm
S H I N I G A M I

B A S I C I N F O R M A T I O N

Name: Joseph Sarrows

Appearance: Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami Kenny-3__________________________________________________________________________

[size=12]P E R S O N A L I T Y

Personality: A excited young person he is very very expressive in his movements and personallity. He is loyal to his friends to an absurd degree but has no faith in himself which he masks by saying stuff like..."Even if I get last place I did my best"...which he doesn't really believe. He likes nerdy stuff and the works of John Lennon and The Beetles in general...He wants to meet John Lennon SO bad in the afterlife. He actually spent 140 years tracking him down. He claimed it was totally worth it. He has an obsessive streak with whatever he is into. He relishes any chance he has to talk about things made on earth. He seems to enjoy earth more then the Soul Society which some find annoying. He also talks about his mother's cooking a lot which 99% of sentient existence would find annoying. He has decided to not talk about it as much as he used to anyway...for the sake of his health.

B A C K G R O U N D

History/Background: He was born Joseph Sarrows on a cold windy day in september. He lived most of his life in the hottest part of Georgia where he learned he was not only unlike the rest of his family of jocks that also he was extremely weak. He was especially bad at swordplay which his father took while he lived in japan for 6 years. He was so bad that his father and the rest of the family gave him the moniker: Slow Step. He was bad at sports too. Don't get me wrong his family loved him very much...but he was too diffrent. One day he found a tv show called pokemon on the tv...and that was it He was obsessed over it. Then came star wars, anime, over the years he became obsessed with japanese animation. He became a loyal nerd...he did poorly at school though his teachers say he was brilliant if not lacking...the abillity to use his own brain?Best way to describe it. He had no idea how to talk to people either. He, after watching some anime, decided to try Kendo again...to which he had somehow gotten WORSE. He seriously began to wonder what his life would lead to...one day at 17 he visited Japan with his family...he was...killed. I can't say he knew about the incoming car. But his last thoughts were..."I can't believe I left a failure..."

He became a spirit...for weeks he spent wandering...he was nt bound to his street he wandered all over. Saw movies, read books over people's shoulders, he even watched in on families..it made him long for compainionship...he was attacked by a Hollow on the 67th day of being a spirit. The Hollow was slain by a shinigami and he was sent to the soul society. He was told all about the afterlife...he decided...one day after much deliberation to become a shinigami...however...you see he well...he lived far away from the main city so he had to come to a whole other culture...it was hard. Now he has come to the Shinigami Academy hoping to join the ranks. But before that he has something he needed to do Kill time as he was told you have to be 200 to join. He decided he would quit that whole idea. What made him want to be one in the first place? So he went to plan b...John Lennon...you know how big the Soul Society is? BIG. VERY BIG.

You most likely don't know but Joseph spent years searching for him. Along the way he heard stories...hitchhikers often tell good stories if they are not gonna try to kill you. He heard about how they all were saved by the Shinigami and how great the Shinigami were...He occassionally found some other geeks to hang with and it was nice. He talked about Star wars, Star trek, Starship Troopers and Lord of the Rings. He found himself alone...he wandered alone. He traveled alone. He missed his family. He was most likely never gonna see them again. One day...on the 140th year...it was raining. He was far away from where he started his journey. He began to wonder what would have happened if he stayed. He began to realize...after hearing all that talk about how important Shinigami were...he was envious of them. He was stopped by a man he didn't reconize...
???:You okay?

Joseph:Must find...John Lennon...

???:John lennon huh?Come with me.

The kind stranger gave him dinner and a bed.He even game him a jacket...the same one he wears now.

???:Why are you looking for John Lennon?

Joseph:His songs and the Beetles made me realise how much good I should do for the world and helped me cope with life. Which was bad.

???:Well im flattered. We always loved when people told us our songs were nice.

Joseph:You...Your...

???:Thats right...Im John Lennon. And you must have had one bad life to be so greatful to me to travel as this way. Did your family hate you or something?

John Lennon smiled and Joseph was awestruck. He tried to say something.

Joseph:No..but sometimes I felt like they did. I was never good at the sports they did.

John:Well im sure they miss you. You must have left years ago.

Joseph:It was hard...finding you that is. I died before they did. Long before.

John:Well then they are probably dead now. Waiting for you. They must be heartbroken.

Joseph:I don't know...

John:Exactly...why don't you find out. Life is an adventure but you have to venture out into life. Whats the most impossible thing you could do right now?Do you know?

Joseph:Yes.

John:Then do it.

Joseph...having been guided by John Lennon's dead fans was able to make it back to the soul society on his 190th year. He did find his family. Old but not without remembering him. He spent 10 of the happiest years of his life reunited with them...but those words were stuck in his head...and when he turned 200(217 technically)he announced he was going to become a shinigami despite having absolutley no chance of becoming one.

He joined the academy...barely...to go into detail about the circumstances of his acceptence would make it sound like a bad jim carry movie. So I will skip ahead to his training. We have yet to figure out how but he retained the nickname "Slow Step" and was the bottom in the class...at everything. He barely passed tests no matter how hard he tried. Covering up lack of self confidence with simple lies like "I did my best." or "I wasn't last in my book.". Which I suppose IS the right attitude to have. How he passed the final exam is yet to discovered. But it had something to do with a sucker punch with his Zampakto...we still don't get it. His obtaining his Zampakto is a story in itself. When he graduated he was able to find his Zampakto...but he decided to name his sword "Sting" anyway. He went inside and talked to Zion. Zion began to explain to Joseph that being a shinigami was going to be the greatest challenge of his life. Joseph was going to have to bunker down if he wanted to survive. Hollows wouldn't show any mercy. Joseph understood all this...he was much more interested in the fact that he was flying. FLYING. Zion spent 30 minutes teaching him how to fly. Again we don't know why he took 29 more minutes to decide to learn to fly. Either way he graduated and now he has to go through life. He has to face his demons and prove his worth!

Zanpakutô Spirit Name: Zion

Appearance: A man in a black mask with two yellow spheres for eyes.He wears a cloak whose sleeves cover up his arms. He wears black shoes and has a deep voice.

Personallity: Zion is a teacher by nature and often talks to Joseph about his life revealing what he is doing wrong. Unlike Joseph, Zion is super intelligent and often gives Joseph good advice which he 70% of the time ignores. Zion is calm and collected and doesn't seem to understand or comprehend anger.

Inner World: A endless sky where all beings have the power to fly. There are birds and even fish that fly in the sky.

Sealed Zanpakutô Apperance : A shortsword. It is a simplistic shortsword that looks western midevil in origin.

Release: (What you have to say in order to release into Shikai. Try to be original please!)

Shikai Description: (Your character or your sword's new appearance)

Shikai Abilities: (What are the abilities your Shikai has? Do not overpower your shikai.)

Racial Skills

• Hoho: Beginner
  • Kidou: Beginner
  • Zanjutsu: Beginner
  • Hakuda: Beginner

Bankai Description: (This does not apply until you learn Bankai)

Bankai Abilities: (This does not apply until you learn Bankai)

R P S A M P L E

Roleplay Sample:

Here is one of Joseph's adventures on his quest to find John Lennon:

Joseph was running...why you ask? Because he stole some bread. Why you ask? Because he was a hitchhiker who had lost both his towel and his way. Joseph was running down a alleyway with the bread in tow trying to get away from the huge baker with a rolling pin."You thief!Get back here or I will kill you!" Joseph having nothing to lose shot back."Im already dead!You are too!Isn't the afterlife a blast?"He knocked over some trash cans which slowed the baker down enough so he could get away. After finding a safe spot with some fellow hitchhikers and hobos he decided it was best to eat his bread quickly before someone took the advantage of age to take it. "So none of you know where he is?" He said swallowing the last of his bread."Nope sorry."Said a man in tattered clothes.

"Hey...your awful young to be poking around so far away from the starting city. you must have died...id say 50-60 years ago."He said. Joseph nodded. "67." One guy with a backpack spoke up. "Man I remember what that was like. I got attacked by 3 hollows and just BARELY survived each encounter. Then the shinigami found me." A hobo in a overcoat spoke up."Whatever higher deity exists bless the shinigami." Joseph spoke up. "I got attacked by a hollow once. It was awful." He remembered he was once going to be a shinigami but he gave it up so easily. Just as well...he would have sucked at it. He decided to lie down and sleep for a bit. He was too tired to care about his safety and he needed rest for his journey.

Last edited by RaiderJoseph on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sakuya
Sakuya
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami Left_bar_bleue0/0Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami Empty Re: Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:21 pm
Application Checklist

• Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
  • Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
  • 10 sentences for personality [X]
  • History is of appropriate length [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
  • Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
  • Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
  • RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
  • RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]

Comments/Notes: Nothing to really say, but good app.
Tier: 4-3
Raiki
Raiki
November SOTM 20112nd place
November COTM 2011 : 1st place Zefonse

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami Left_bar_bleue0/0Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami Empty Re: Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm
ahrived

Joseph Sarrows: Shinigami XmGUKMS
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum