Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Artix
Artix
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Ability crisis! Left_bar_bleue0/0Ability crisis! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Ability crisis! Empty Ability crisis!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:58 am
Making a character is all well and good for me, but trying to create an ability that goes along with that character is alot harder. I want one that reflects my characters personality and if possible for it to be really unique. I've seen fire manipulation, I've seen magnetism, I've seen water: Boring! Anybody think they can help?
Dai
Dai
'Dat Bishie

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Ability crisis! Left_bar_bleue10/100Ability crisis! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)
Tiers:

Ability crisis! Empty Re: Ability crisis!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 am
Lesse... What sort of ability are you looking for? I'm pretty good at making heavily defensive abilities.
Artix
Artix
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:06 am
Well my character is more of an offensive kinda guy. I'm not really sure about specifics other than I want it to be based on my character personality.
Dai
Dai
'Dat Bishie

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:30 am
Hmm...

Silent loner, would rather be alone, refuses orders, intimidating looking...

But has a kind side that doesn't get shown.

-thinks-

Battlehammer is my first thought. Something large and scary and intimidating.

As for a shikai name...

"Mu no Shōgekiha" (lit. Nothingness Shock-wave.) You can be a little more creative with this, if you want. I was just making a simple idea for this. The name helps with the powers.

So, a battlehammer, with a name that referring to a shockwave of nothing. What if... as a passive ability...

It sent out a shockwave every time it collided with anything solid. Just to start off with. Then, to continue...

Senritsu-ha - (lit. Shudder-wave) - When this ability is used and the hammer hits the opponent, it sends out a shockwave through their Reiatsu, which disrupts their Reiatsu-based abilities for, say, three posts. You can elaborate/modify. Also, it has a cooldown of six posts. To make things fair.

Tsumazuku nami - (lit. Stumble-wave) - When this ability is used, and the hammer strikes a solid object, a shockwave of Reiatsu is sent out from the collision point. This shockwave causes all enemies standing on the surface, and within 10 meters to stumble. Cooldown of three posts.

Want more? Just ask. ^_^
Artix
Artix
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:55 pm
I was rather fond of the overlarge longsword I had planned Artix to wield.
Dai
Dai
'Dat Bishie

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:58 pm
I only noticed that bit after I'd checked your app once more...
Raiki
Raiki
November SOTM 20112nd place
November COTM 2011 : 1st place Zefonse

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:20 pm
Lets see what the Raikis has in his folder of powers within my mind.....

Kazen- This technique channels a large amount of lightning to the Artix weapon. The amount of energy is so great that it becomes visible. The high concentration of electricity produces a sound reminiscent of many cracking metal . Once the technique is completed,Artix charges forward and thrusts the Kazen into the target. This produces heavy amounts of damage that is usually fatal. This technique is normal as an assassination technique because of the speed at which it is performed, despite the loud noise it produces., Kazen can also be used to simply give the opponent a large electrical shock without impaling them. The speed at which the attack must be done, combined with the fact that Artix must attack in a straight line, causes a tunnel vision-like effect for for the blade. This allows the enemy to easily counter the attack, making it a potentially.

AND

Gravity manipulation- This power is from his blade, allowing him to repel or attract objects or people. However, it could not perform these techniques in rapid succession, leaving him vulnerable for a short period of time after each use. This period of time between usages varied from five seconds to several minutes, depending upon the force of the repulsion or attraction that Artix had used.

I has one more skill to share

Hakke Kūshō-To perform it, Artix has to precisely pinpoints the enemy and releases a high-speed sword thrust. A "vacuum blade" compressed using air is formed to violently push the opponent away. Likewise they can be pulled in, the target of this is temporally stun due to the shock of the “vacuum blade"

Ability crisis! XmGUKMS
Ræn
Ræn
Pimp Cloak

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:34 pm
So, you look for powers that match your character, you have come to the right man.

Allow me to refer to Een as an example of matching powers and weapons with personality. Although I have yet to give Een any sort of power, it should be obvious to most of you that he is to obtain the Black Lotus soon.

For personality, Een commits himself to nature, following the unbroken devotion of his ancestors. He follows the dictations of nature, and truckles before no one else. He takes natural law into deep consideration when doing things that are foreign to him, or entering strange, new places. Like, relating "hooking up" to how Birds of Paradise entice one another with a great show, or how insects tend to blend into the scenery, using deception and mimicry to avoid from benig prey to bigger animals, similar to how some people act or pretend to be know it alls, or trustworthy men to either avoid trouble, or to get what they seek.

Een sees all aspects of nature to just as important and valued as another, not deeming anything as "evil", "unecessary", or "bad". He pays tribute to all pieces, seeing them linked together to a single, uniform purpose, being order. Life brings Death. Death brings Life. Destruction leaves room for creation. Fire is just as important as water, etc. This type of ideaology seperates him from the rest of the world's population, being that almost everyone has commited at least a good portion of their life ensconsed within society.

Een is extremely obstinate when others try to change his ways. He stays true to Nature, through thick and thin, and cares not for what anyone else has to say about him and his æons old, natural ideaology. He is willing to oppose absolutely anyone who tries to force him to reconsider his commitment to something as abstract as Nature. He sticks to the idea that "the end is always worth it, regardless of the journey requisited." Being a powerless human, he is to be brittle, to the point that even a Demi Hollow can kill him. As the story progresses, I intend for him to suffer, fail, and bleed a great lot, to test his trust in nature, as well as himself, in a style similar to Guts in the Beserk MANGA. (If you ever read that, you should now how much shit he goes through).

His weapon of choice is the Black Lotus, a brittle flower that only he can wield without it falling into pieces. The flower symbolises Een's devotion to nature, acting as a conduit to the vast, plentiful energy of the Earth in order to bring about unique "spells" that resemble a certain aspect or quality of nature. Although the rewards that the Black Lotus bring are bountiful and especially helpful in combat situations, it comes at a dear price. The Lotus brings about a manifold amount of negatice effects and dangers to Een, ESPECIALLY during the beggining, where it is arguable that the negative aspects outweigh the positive. These limits, drawbacks, and risks will remain with Een throughout the length of his journey, albeait at a steadily decreasing calibur. This means that Een will suffer dire consequences for using the Lotus, some of which can even KILL HIM. As you can see, this weapon is styled much like Een's persona. (Don't fret, Tsubine. All will be fully exlained in due time... please save the shit storm for later. ಠ_ಠ).

For your character, I would think that a worn looking blade, or coarse hammer would befit him well. Possibly a large sort of warhammer that is used to crush the opposition, the kind that a barbarian would wield.
Ability crisis! 45278446_Loxodon_Warhammer
Or maybe a blade that is permanently stained with blood, which cannot be washed out.
How about a Jagged sword? The worn look could give it the feeling of much battle experience, and endurance.
Ability crisis! Sword__by_Ameba
Those are my ideas.

Smiley face
Artix
Artix
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 pm
Thank you for all of the awesome suggestions guys! =D
In the end I've decided not to use any of them but rather use one of them and adapt it. Thanks Raen for giving me this idea, I took it from your "crumbling sword" suggestion. ^w^
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Ability crisis! Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Ability crisis! Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:09 pm

«ARCHIVING THIS STUFF HERE»

I'm going to be moving this thread into Old Feedback Section because it's a bit outdated and it seems that Dai/Raen/Raiki handled this case very well in the past.

Ability crisis! WVMWLOu
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum