Joined : 2016-10-29
Posts : 544
Karma : 7
Age : 19
Location : The Dance Floor
|Subject Post 1Subject: Ky'rin, Lord of Thought [Other Races | 1-5 ] [Hazard Rank: D ] Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:19 pm|| |
INFORMATION DOSSIER ○ Name:
Lord of Thought, Founder (title)○ Age:
None. Grew up in a realm known as the Womb where time is dynamic, meaning that age as a concept cannot really apply to it as it could have been born yesterday but has been active 20, 50, 100 years prior.○ Birthday:
None. A concept that can’t be applied to them as there are no real roles for it to fill socially nor are any of its organs similar to human reproductive ones. For pronoun sakes, it goes by “it”.○ Race:
Elder God○ Affiliation:
Because Iota was the one who found Ky’rin once they awoke, it is affiliated with her. Through her command, it is also part of Moksha Tisrah and the founder of its own chapter.○ Alignment:
True Neutral○ Marital Status:
None○ Religious Standing:
Itself○ Sexual Orientation:
The fuck? Because her species can in theory live forever, they don’t have an innate sex drive. Ky’rin also doesn’t have any natural attraction to anything, so this section doesn’t really apply to them. However, in theory if you really
wanted to for some reason that it could be classified omnisexual to assign it a term.○ Height:
70 lbs○ Hair Colour:
White with a streak of green○ Eye Colour:
Psychological Analysis○ Charitable
Merely something ingrained into her nature. Most Elder Gods exist to be a line of defense for mortals against the unknowns of the galaxy. While most of their eldritch brethren have their own personal goals and own desires, the Elder Gods have significantly fewer freedoms when it comes to their lives as they exist purely to fulfill this purpose of defense. In comparison to the other eldritch beings, they tend to be considered the "benevolent gods".○ Loyal
In the case of Ky'rin, it doesn't really have a bad side like most other mortals. Ky'rin tends to be a nice and caring individual and lends a hand when in clearly senses distress or fear coming from another being, even if it is the cause of said emotions. It can generally be said that Ky'rin doesn't harbor any ill will towards anything and is quite capable of forgiveness. From its perspective, its life is so long that focusing on little slights or minor aggressions towards it would be minuscule and generally a waste of time.
Ky'rin is loyal to both those that help it and to those that it helps. Through some weird compelling that stems from her Elder God origins, Ky'rin has a strong sense of duty. Iota has even gone as far as to call it reliable, as Ky'rin rarely returns from a mission without completing it, knowing how much it means to those that asked it--trusted it--with the task. The Elder God is also one that you can trust deeply with your troubles as it doesn't really have anyone else to tell, nor would it if it had the chance, assuming that it understood the magnitude of what was being told to it. On occasion, it might slip up, but that is more of a social issue rather than a question of their loyalty.○ Curious
Outside of the Womb and information about its people, Ky'rin does not know much about anything. Because of this, they have a sort of impulsive curiosity about the things they come across as they learn more and more each day. There isn't a moment where Ky'rin is wondering about something and often times it wanders off to go explore the world before quickly being reminded that it had a purpose or a task to get back to. Deep down somewhere, there is an adventurous nature to Ky'rin, but it is highly unlikely they will ever find it, let alone indulge it.
If you were to ask Ky’rin where it came from, there would be a load answer. To itself, it has always existed and has never existed, or rather it has been alive for so long that it feels like it has been around forever. It’s home
Its birth--its conception-- was something unusual and honestly impossible given the situation. The Elder God of herself was born at the moment they were “created”. A mere thought was given a body, given a voice, and as more and more people started having this same thought, over time it became belief. Its people thrive off of faith as children of ideas, so even in its infancy, Ky’rin was a phenomenon to behold. That’s the thing about these Elder Gods, as they are Gods in name only. In reality, they can live and die like any other species but their natural occurrences and their existences are purely reliant on other races, making them almost entirely a parasitic race when you really think about it. Anyways, in the realm of their birth, a place they would simply come to know as the womb, they slept. Subconsciously, here and there they would meddle with those that lived for its nutrients, causing a little hysteria there and some chaos here, though nothing long-lasting. Most of these events, to those that were witnessing them, were merely coincidences or ended up being urban legends as time went by. Meanwhile, Ky’rin grew and grew. From a baby to a toddler, and most recently, a child. All the while they were both conscious yet asleep, aware of their surroundings and their movements but also a mere observer to the world around it. The Womb was definitely an odd place for it, however like most children it eventually got around to calling the place home.
It should be noted that during this time, Ky’rin was alone. In the Womb, it was just it and its thoughts, along with the occasional kicks or spasms of movements. Those moments, while merely a blip on a timeline, would cause catastrophe for those that existed, whether it be on Earth, Mars, or deep into space.
Eventually, like with most children, came the Birth. Elder God birth from the Womb is an endeavor and tends to be a cataclysmic event for the worlds on which it happens, but for Ky’rin it was a bit more… potent. They were born recently, only a week ago from this retelling, and its spawn point was the Black World. In its process of being born, the realm itself was destroyed and turned into nothing, thus breaking the seal as well. In essence, the Black World had ceased to exist once Ky’rin came to be, and in desperation, it was transported to the Demon Realm.
In the process of transferring realms again, much of Ky'rin's power was lost, however, it still had a large amount considering the fact it was still a being from another realm that has been incubating in its power for an eternity almost. As it now interacts with other beings, Ky'rin had thought it to be fitting to assume a form for others to comprehend, as its previous appearance was much more of a blob with scales, tails, and free-flowing organs.
racial abilities○ Elder God Physiology:
A pretty simple trait in the grand scheme of things, Ky'rin has the body of an Elder God, meaning that fundamentally she differs from most other mortals at a genetic level. Most of the explanations for its makeup will be in comparison to humans as they are the race that it is currently mimicking.
One of the biggest differences between Ky'rin and humans is that it is not limited to a few vital spots. Where humans tend to die if decapitated or attacked in the hear, Ky'rin is not that way. Harboring exactly five different organs that function similarly to hearts, it would require all of them to be destroyed before Ky'rin's health were to be in any real danger. Another difference is that it does not conform to a bone structure. Many Elder Gods are merely formless and only exist in an area in which would be convenient for them. In Ky'rin's case, while it takes the form of a human-like creature, it has no bone and is merely mimicking appearances. What this means in terms of combat is that they can take a lot of damage before going down, being able to be folded 4 times over before any feeling resembling pain is registered.
Don't get it twisted, Elder Gods can be killed. In fact, the soul-erasing properties of Quincy are actually highly effective against them at destroying limbs and organs while also hindering any sort of regeneration for a temporary amount of time.
○ Born From The Womb: As an Elder God cultivated in the womb, despite being a child in the views of the rest of her kind she is comparable in strength to some of the Old Gods. The main reason for this was the Womb, which actively strengthens the beings that are cultivated inside of it. To put it in perspective, it's as if a human was bathing in steroids and the longer they were withing it the more they would absorb, assuming that would still find its way into the bloodstream.
At its peak, Ky'rin could have been world-ending. In fact, it did end a world technically, but that act reduced its overall output and effects from the Womb. It is still nothing to scoff at though.
○ Speech Incapable: Though it looks like can, Ky'rin cannot speak in a normal way like others. Its mouth can open, though only noise comes out. It is virtually impossible to describe this noise, however, it is not pleasant to listen to and nothing can really be discerned from it. To combat this roadblock, most Elder Gods and Ky'rin use their powers to covey its feelings to those that hear the noise that comes from its mouth. So for example, while it tries to speak, those it was talking to will feel the anger or the happiness behind its speech. Basically, general emotions are conveyed but nothing incredibly specific. It can understand anything spoken just fine, having a sort of universal translation in its head.
○ Eldritch Presence: Merely by existing, Ky'rin causes fear in those that cannot handle the fact that it exists. A common trait among the Eldritch family is that their mere existence is something not normally comprehensible by most mortals. Those who try to sense it and have less than Advanced Focus feel a constant feeling of dread, fear, and confusion as long as they continue trying to sense it. Those who are able to pass this check are still affected but at a lower rate, though over the course of 3, 5, 7, and 10 posts respective to each level at and past Advanced have their mental state deteriorated down a full level once their posting limit is reached. It does not go past one level lower.
Over time an immunity can be developed to this ability, but it requires at least 3 threads with the character.
SPECIAL ABILITIES○ Lord of Thought:
Most Elder Gods exist with a purpose and an element, Ky'rin is no different. From having sisters that rule over cats to brothers that purely exist as colors, Ky'rin's domain is the mind and its weapon is thought. Quite literally, their form of fighting can be described as mental warfare. Whether it is ethical or not is up to debate, however, a semi-cosmic being does not really care much for ethics in the first place.
This domain gives it the ability to manipulate the thoughts of itself and those around it, while also being able to materialize its thoughts into the physical world. For a more concise explanation, any thought in which Ky'rin has is formed in the Womb. It can then bring forth this idea from the Womb to where they currently are. For affecting others, Ky'rin merely invades their mind to alter what they think. It can change how they feel and has limitations as to not be a form of basically controlling another person's character, so it is more like planting and removing seeds instead of moving entire plants.
○ Cease: A simple alteration of memory that removes Ky'rin from memory. It has to be stated that this move is active once entering a thread and cannot be turned on after the fact. Basically, it blocks any long-lasting thought of it for as long as it is in the vicinity. The memory of the situation still happens, but just without Ky'rin being there. Those with Advanced Mental Deduction can come to the realization that something is missing later and gain back their original memories, however, they must actively do this.
Requires OOC player permission.
○ Dedication: Ky'rin brings itself to the forefront of the target's thoughts, meaning that whatever they will think will someone incorporate Ky'rin into it. These thoughts are not always relevant to Ky'rin and don't need to be the sole focus, but rather it sort of crawls its way into it. This lasts for 2 posts after being used and can only be used once a thread, those above Advanced Focus can fight against this but have to actively do so.
○ Rebirth: This was mentioned earlier, but this ability allows Ky'rin to make thoughts a reality, both it's own or someone else's. It is restricted to nothing larger than 20 square meters and cannot weigh more than 90 kilograms. Another restriction is that if there are specifics to this item then it must be known by Ky'rin. For example, if one thinks of a book, Ky'rin can create it but it will be blank on the inside unless every page is thought of. Most of the time Ky'rin can use this ability on someone that allows her, but if there is resistance then it becomes Ky'rin's focus versus the targets. If it loses then it takes damage and operates at half its mental capacity for a post following.
○ Theft: Ky'rin takes a thought from another and makes it its own. In combat, this has to be preemptive, and the act of doing so takes away the action in which the person is going to commit. For example, if against a swordsman, it can take away the thought of the next attack and cause them to lapse at that moment. To do so, no other ability must be active from Ky'rin, the target must be within 5 meters, and Ky'rin has to concentrate on them for an entire post. The defense against this move is reliant on a Focus vs Focus once again. Does not work on those who act on instinct.
○ Assimilation: An active thought copying-technique, letting Ky'rin peer into another's mind and then duplicate the thoughts going through them. While useful, any thoughts copied this way will override any thoughts that Ky'rin is having at the moment. Lasts for 4 posts but can be used again after a post. The check to resist this is Focus versus Focus and can be foiled if one purposely thinks of ways to harm Ky'rin. Can be disconnected at Ky'rin's will.
○ Joint:Links Ky'rin's conscious with another, letting them mutually share thoughts. This ability requires permission on the target it is being used on as any resistance will sever the connection, and those who have a Focus of Adept or lower will slowly be driven mad temporarily while connected. If they are being driven mad and stay connected for more than 10 posts then it will start permanently affecting that target's sanity. While linked together, if another skill is being used that takes thoughts, while Ky'rin acquires them, so will the linked person. Can be disconnected at Ky'rin's will.
releases?○ The Allthought:
TBA. Locked for 1-1 or other special circumstances.
SKILLS SHEETS AND INFORMATIONGeneral Skills
- Durability: Master
- General Speed: Untrained
- Strength: Untrained
- Weapon Skill: Untrained
- Willpower/Determination: Untrained
- Mental Deduction: Beginner
- Focus: Master
Last edited by Slayer on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Joined : 2011-09-01
Posts : 2751
Karma : 14
Age : 23
Location : Google Maps
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: Ky'rin, Lord of Thought [Other Races | 1-5 ] [Hazard Rank: D ] Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:58 pm|| |
- Name [X]
- Appropriate Age [X]
- Gender [X]
- Appearance Present [X]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
- 10 sentences for personality [X]
- History is of appropriate length [X]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
- Skills are not filled in[X]
- Willpower/Determination: Untrained
- Mental Deduction: Beginner
- Focus: Master
Hazard Rankings A
Comments/Notes: OTY wish. Masters approved with clause that everything else other then mental deduction will start at untrained.
Discussed via DM’s Cease will require OOC player consent to be used. Other abilities approved as is due to being a OTY. If abilities are abused the app will be moved back to pending and reviewed again at that time.
Hazard Rating: D [/adm]