Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Empty A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon]

Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:49 pm
A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] M3tlKQc

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

Yumiko's time in the Vandenreich certainly had been... something. Aside from the occasional necessary desk work, inventing, and maintaining the technology of the Vandenreich, Yumiko hadn't had time during work to properly polish her skills; which led to a rather sour taste in the young Quincy's mouth. Instead of asking for time, after all she was a new employee, Yumiko took her personal time to train her body; using the facilities provided by the Vandenreich. Wearing what might be considered "training attire", workout clothes, Yumiko entered into a few stretches in a nearby area; wholly intent on limbering herself up before she began.

Most of the woman's initial stretches focused upon her legs, which were mostly covered, as always, by her prosthetics. With stretchy trimmed yoga pants on, the stretches were a breeze. Doing the splits, stretching out her lower body's muscles, and otherwise limbering up her legs before the woman had finally reached her upper body. After what was certainly a long training session in which she made each stretch look a bit too easy, Yumiko finally entered into an area that was more for training.

For the current moment, Yumiko was alone, or so she believed because she had chosen an area where she may be alone. Like this, her prosthetics drew more attention thanks to her clothing. It's not like people would truly guess, unless they knew their technology, but some would certainly think they were some odd boots. However, Yumiko wasn't worried about that as she pulled a bo-staff from a nearby wall to use in place of her spear. It didn't have the same weight, of course, but it was good for practicing her form.

And practice she did, working with movements in exaggerated slowness before she began to pick up speed. Yumiko flowed through combat with invisible enemies, stabbing, slashing, parrying, spinning, and otherwise simulating combat with her own imagination. All the while, she had very little knowledge of the world around herself; if only because she was so focused on her imaginary scene. To anyone who may come in while Yumiko was practicing, it was an impressive sight to behold.

END POST | PRODIGAL DAUGHTER

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Left_bar_bleue0/0A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Empty Re: A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon]

Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:00 pm
A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Nc14v0I

SOLOMON RICHTER

Training was a necessary stepping stone in cultivating and refining one's ability as a warrior. Even with those possessing inborn talent and exceptional technique, there was much to gain from the refinement of one's skill. Solomon adhered to that indomitable law religiously.

Entering the training facility reserved for the Vandenreich, he has arrived intending to maintain his edge for combat. Losing a step would be unforgivable, counterintuitive to his vision of defending his city and the honor of his division. A stern azure gaze, curious, turned to the current occupant of the room, likely a member of one of the other divisions.

Indeed, her efforts were a sight to behold. The unique pattern of fierce steps, a poised, almost rhythmic movement of the bo-staff, the studious display of evasion against the invisible enemy - truly, there was no flaw in her technique. For an unfamiliar member, the natural poise and agility was undeniable. Allowing his jacket to flow through neatly through the air against a corner, Solomon chanted softly.

An azure glow emanated from his hand, thrumming with the pulse of thunder as Keraunos roared into existence. Tightening his grip around the hilt, he would quietly settle into his own pattern of combat stances with the blade. He could have introduced himself, no doubt, but he was so impressed by the young lady's effort so far, that it would have felt somewhat rude to interrupt her.

THE ONCOMING STORM

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Empty Re: A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon]

Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:22 pm

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

Yumiko practiced with the Bo staff for a few more repetitions, swinging the weapon around with seemingly unerring accuracy. However, after a small chain of attacks, Yumiko finally ceased her mock fight with invisible opponents. Breathing heavily, Yumiko finally looked around to see that another had joined her within the training area. As Yumiko believed it would be nice to at least say hello, Yumiko waved at him but, with the same desire to introduce herself, but not wishing to interrupt him. Yumiko took this time to return the staff to where she had obtained it, and conjure her own spiritual weapon in turn; or at least, one of its forms.

As the spear seemed to digistruct itself into existence, Yumiko gained a firm grasp upon her weapon, which had a faint blue glow around the weapon aside from it's shape. Two blades on each end, a long haft in between, and with a look that spoke of something oddly futuristic. Although the design wasn't simplistic, the blades were obviously sharp. However, Yumiko didn't settle into another stance to exhibit her prowess again. Instead, she watched the man before her practice; waiting for an opportunity to introduce herself. Introvert or no, sparring partners were important; and this wolf needed someone to dance with.

Once Solomon had reached a break in his own training, Yumiko would move up to him and give a friendly smile; proffering her right hand for a handshake if he was willing. Short as she was, the woman likely had to look up at Solomon during this exchange. To Solomon, with a clear look at Yumiko, he may find her very attractive; especially given what was normally considered workout clothing for women; with a partially exposed midriff to display her gentle abs to boot.

"Hello there, I hope you don't mind my interruption... I'm sure you don't recognize me, I'm still pretty new to the Vandenreich; my name is Yumiko Kamenashi. It's nice to meet you~"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Left_bar_bleue0/0A Wolf Needs A Dance Partner [PRIVATE: Yumiko/Solomon] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:42 pm

SOLOMON RICHTER

Solomon would eventually reach a momentary pause where he required a brief repose from his own training. His coordination with a blade was still remarkable, but he still demanded more of himself. He could clearly do better. Of course, he could resume that in due time. Currently, it appeared that the first occupant of the room intended to approach him first.

His azure gaze turned to face her entirely. Comparatively speaking, the size difference was the first thing that drew his notice. Since she had trained from a distance, it wasn't immediately noticeable. At close range, it was a tale of two stories. Either way, all it required was a simple downward turn of his head to maintain eye contact. She was certainly lovely on the eyes, but his intention hardly lay in evaluating her appearance. Offering a hand in return, he shook her hand with a smile.

"Not at all. I had intended on introducing myself first, but you were so remarkably sound and in the zone that I felt it a touch insincere to compromise your flow. My name is Solomon Richter. It's a pleasure to meet you, Yumiko. What division do you belong to?"

THE ONCOMING STORM

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:09 pm

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

Much like Solomon thought Yumiko was lovely, but wasn't looking at her for evaluating her appearance, the young Quincy was doing very much the same. She thought Solomon to be a handsome man, even if he was quite a bit taller than she was... Height didn't really matter to the woman, but looking up too often may hurt the neck. In the moments after Yumiko shook Solomon's hand, and listened to his voice and words, she had to admit she was quite in the zone and she worked up quite the sweat. However, after contemplating for a few moments, noticing that he too had a more melee weapon than most Quincy; something she appreciated.

"You could have interrupted me, I wouldn't have minded. Well, Solomon, I'm in the Albedochiffren, the Steingruft specifically. What about you?"

Yumiko listened to whatever Solomon's answer may be, Yumiko's silver eyes focusing upon Solomon's eyes to maintain a respectful eye contact. Frankly speaking, Yumiko didn't meet every single person in the Vendenreich given where she worked, but she enjoyed meeting someone who appeared to have some expert with melee weaponry. After a bit of time in which Yumiko listened to Solomon politely, and attentively, Yumiko carefully gestured to Solomon's blade with her spear, smiling warmly.

"If I may... Could you spar with me? I'm sure both of us can practice alone well enough, but my mother always said the best way to train was within a spar."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:03 pm

SOLOMON RICHTER

"Even so, your spearmanship was impressive to such a degree, that I simply couldn't find it in myself to interrupt. I'm a member of the Sternritter. It goes without saying, but it appears the members of Albedo are all capable warriors."

Come to think of it, this marked the first time he crossed paths with a member of the Steingruft. He was rarely tasked with transferring messages, and any other meeting simply amounted to him gathering his battle data to study any flaw in his technique.

Following the woman's gesture with her spear, Solomon tilted his head in curiosity. A spar, hm? He was not opposed to the idea. If anything, it was a welcomed proposal in his eyes.

"Your mother taught you well. There is more to learn against a physical opponent than a virtual one."

Much could be gained from refining one's ability in a duel with a sparring partner, and there was a measure of excitement that painted his heart at her challenge. They were facing imaginary enemies moments ago, now they would clash blades and test each other's respective skill. If her elegant flow with the spear was anything to go by, Solomon dared not underestimate her. Forming a degree of distance between them, moving a few steps backward, Solomon assumed a defensive stance.

"Since you were the first who entered, the first move is yours."

THE ONCOMING STORM

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:06 am

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

Yumiko was glad to hear that her mother's teaching was being praised by someone she didn't know. Then again, Solomon may know of her... Maybe. She was, after all, an ex-member of the Vandenreich herself, and at least some may know of her. Regardless, Yumiko was also glad to hear her skills being admired. Frankly speaking, despite her extensive training, she wouldn't gain some form of recognition for her skills. Even if it was only one man, one person, it was gratifying. After a few moments in which Yumiko also arranged herself into a position for combat, the woman gave Solomon a smile.

"Thank you, Solomon~ I think my mother would be proud to hear that. Now then, you insisted I start first..."

Yumiko spun her spear around her with practiced ease, slashing the blade through the air with enough direction and force to create a small gust of wind. It was nothing more than a flourish, in truth. However, in the moments that followed, Yumiko started her attack. Beginning with a thrust towards Solomon's left arm, to test the man's reaction, Yumiko began to examine every inch of his body in a singularly calculating way. Yumiko appraised Solomon for the sole purpose of figuring out how his body moved, and how to counter the movements he made.

After that test thrust, Yumiko began her attack in earnest. With an additional thrust, this one aimed much lower, Yumiko swung the spear around afterwards in an attempt to sweep Solomon's feet out from under him; or at least hit him on the leg with the spear's shaft. In the following moments, Yumiko increased her speed in order to try and throw Solomon for a final loop in this brief clash. However, all things must come to a conclusion, and Yumiko used her spear to create a bit of distance between herself and Solomon with the intent to give herself breathing room. In those moments, it was likely obvious how intensely focused Yumiko's gray eyes were upon her current goal; to sharpen her fighting style against a man who was certainly a worthy opponent.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:23 pm

SOLOMON RICHTER

As expected, his opponent proved no less impressive in a contest of combat. Steel met spear as thunderous sparks of azure filled the air. The ambitious spearwoman's gaze evaluated his form for potential flaws in his form, but he offered her none. His stance maintained a calming pace of neutrality, offering little more than the barest inkling of where and when he wished to strike. Of course, that was far from an easy feat in and of itself.

No, to maintain a proper defensive stance against her, Solomon increased the pace of his feet, shifting from right to left in deliberately evasive patterns. At the conclusion of her first offensive, the fierce sweep of her spear nearly caught him unawares, her spear scant millimeters away from altering his balance. In an instant, springing off of his ever-shifting heels, he leaped from one point forward to one point backward, evading the weapon by a hair's breadth. In a contest between opponents of differing statures, consistent awareness of one's position was essential.

In those such duels, the slightest misstep could lead to an easy victory. In addition, the sweeping flourishes of that spear was an immense boon in battle. Thrusting, parrying, striking, sweeping - within the hands of a capable spearman, it was a formidable weapon worthy of acclaim. Solomon, impressed by her spearmanship, offered momentary praise in response to that salvo.

"Truly impressive, Yumiko. Even in a direct clash, you hold your own with little flaw so far. Had I proven any less mobile, I would have been swept off my feet just now. In any case, allow me to display my own prowess in this dance. Prepare yourself."

In a natural flash of speed, Solomon shot forward like a bolt of lightning, his stance lowered. His body was positioned enough to avoid being caught within the range of her spear, his blade swung downward in a overhead cleave from above. However, there was little satisfaction in one strike. As such, in concert with his body, his spirit weapon formed a masterful arc of slashes, filling the air with a marvelous array of blue.

THE ONCOMING STORM

Last edited by Iori on Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:06 pm

YUMIKO KAMENASHI

There was much Yumiko had expected from this spar, from this rather spontaneous event, and much she did not expect. While she had not expected to have the upper hand, as she had no honest clue to Solomon's strength and capabilities, she certainly was surprised by how evenly matched they were. Their dance was like one of a matched pair of blades clashing against one another, meeting and reacting, keeping to the same pace, striving one against the other back and forth with no honest ground gained. In that break within their clash, where Yumiko's breathing likely seemed surprisingly even despite her small frame and her efforts, Solomon complimented the woman, upon which Yumiko smiled gently.

"I extend the same to you, Solomon. Your swordsmanship is excellent. I find myself unable to find much ground, our skill seems oddly matched~"

Yumiko let a gentle smile disrupt her features only for moments longer until Solomon shot towards her, Yumiko spinning her spear carefully before settling into a ready stance. She met Solomon's assault with a dancing counterattack in which she met every single blue arc of energy with her own swift smack of her spear. She used each side of her spear with alacrity, using her skillful demeanor to perform what Solomon had done previously; barely avoiding injury or defeat by her maneuvers. Imperfect as she was, as no being was truly perfect in combat, Yumiko did get a few minor scratches upon her arms from the force of their clashes. It was nothing, and Yumiko barely even noticed them, and Solomon likely wouldn't notice them either. After all, they were scratches, not cuts.

In an effort to counter attack, Yumiko suddenly lunged forward in a break between Solomon's beautiful concert of slashes, stabbing forward towards Solomon in a flurry of blue and black. Of course, as it was a spar, she did not truly intend to injure Solomon. Well trained as she was, it was easy for Yumiko to show her expertise with the spear, and with the methods she tried to keep Solomon back once more. The way Yumiko's body moved, the flashing blue of her spear, showed a beauty likely unseen to Solomon. The way Yumiko acted, moved, and attempted to circumvent Solomon showed a woman who wasn't of a mere eighteen years old, but someone whose life was far longer, and perhaps filled with greater hardship than one of her age. If Solomon had time to consider, it certainly was odd for one of Yumiko's age to seem so experienced; or was it truly in such a world?

Regardless, with a flourishing slash, and a shove, Yumiko aimed to push Solomon back and gain some space for both of them to breathe and recover from striving against one another. Yumiko smiled once again, seemingly breathing with a tiny bit of labor now, and carefully gestured to Solomon with her free hand.

"I think I must correct myself... Your swordsmanship is beautiful, Solomon. Truly, we aren't fighting, but we are dancing; a most beautiful dance indeed. I believe you would have given my mother reason to train me even harder. Better yet, I think you have already given me that reason... I wish to see how our dance shall evolve, Solomon. Will you be kind enough to indulge me while our strength lasts?"

With that, Yumiko smiled and readied her spear once more, awaiting Solomon to resume their dance. Truly, this dance of theirs was a beautiful one, and Yumiko longed to see just how their dance would evolve and shape. After all, dances were fleeting things and became best enjoyed in the moment.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:36 pm

SOLOMON RICHTER

Each thunderous swing was promptly met in kind with a graceful parry of her spear. Observing her technique in practice was one thing, but as an opponent, there was an even greater degree of admiration to be found in her execution. Though it was a spar in nature, and it was hardly his intent to overwhelm her to any unreasonable extent, she was holding up relatively well.

If there were minor scratches on her arms, the momentary connections of her spear blows had left a series of small welts on his arms and legs. They hardly impeded his performance, of course. They were simply something to take note of from his observational point of view. After their second engagement, he allowed himself to be pushed backward by the young Quincy, a proud smile lining his lips.

"Your words do me a great honor, Yumiko. Of course, allow me to extend a similar flattery in return. The elegant nature of your spearmanship is magnificent to behold. If this is indeed comparable to a dance, then I will humor my dance partner till her heart's content."

After all, he truly was enjoying himself here. It was a worthwhile departure from the grisly nature of his spars with Lukas. Here, he was allowed to display his swordplay with resounding freedom. Furthermore, the clash of steel he shared with her was nothing short of extraordinary. As such, to fulfill her request, he decided to take the lead in their dance by assuming the offensive this time.

"May I have this dance?"

Like a bolt of lightning soaring through the air, his body pulsating with lightning, his blade thrumming with electrified reishi, he flew forward like a peerless shooting star. From overhead, to above - from the diagonal to vertical - his blade slashed through the air, forming thunderous arcs of reishi to push her even further.

THE ONCOMING STORM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum