Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Empty Visiting The Host Of The Shadows....

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:36 pm
The young man approached the barracks slowly, his footsteps making no sound as he walked. His entire body was covered, with his black, heartless eyes seemed to be narrowed at all times. He slowly reached for the door, pushing it open silently. He looked around the room, which seemed to be empty, but he knew something seemed off. He slowly reached into the sleeve of his shihakusho, where he kept one variant of his many hidden weapons, which this one happened to be poisoned tipped needles, which he carefully attached to the inside of shihakusho, while the non-poisoned needles where in his sleeve. He could feel someone's presence in the room. He just couldn't see anyone. He took a step inside, making every step slow and ever more silent. Hell, for all he knew, this place could have a Nightingale Floor, invisible tripwires which let off the trill of a Nightingale when tripped. Although these were very rare in the World of the Living, he assumed that Soul Society would have better things than that. Even a ninja could never get past it without tripping the nightingale alarm, and Shinigami would most definitely have better security than his homeland, considering the year it was, and the advanced technology they had, which was much farther than his home did.

Henrex slowly slipped a set of twin needles from his sleeve, the two needles being bound together by a thin steel beam keeping the needles a few inches apart. He slowly looked around, and continued to walk with caution, his heart pounding. He looked around more and activated his Cyberbrain, scanning for lifeforms, and he found....one. One immensely powerful life-form.......Henrex quickly became much more cautious, whirling around and checking everywhere around him, before turning once more, seeing a guy sitting there, as if he were expecting him, shocking Henrex and causing him to back up a little. He slowly moved a hand towards his sword, biting his lip under the scarf covering his nose and mouth. How long had he been there? Was he the one he was looking for? He scanned the person up and down, with his Cyberbrain ticking off features he was scanning for. Scar...Black hand....and the final feature is what convinced him. The mark on his forehead. Very different from the one Henrex had on his head, which was one of many markings all over his body, which was why he kept himself covered at all times. He could feel their sheer power radiating off this person. This had to be him. Kuro Okami. The captain of the Covert Ops, or the Stealth Force. He had similar powers to Henrex, with both of them having abilities based around darkness. Henrex's came from his own spiritual energy. He had no idea about anything from Kuro. He only knew his name. He quickly straightened up, his hand moving from his sword to his side, the gloves on his hands slightly burning him. He silently walked over to him, until he was a few feet in front of him. He looked him straight in the eyes as he spoke, asking him possibly the most important question that he would be asking in this conversation.

".....Are you Kuro Okami?"
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Empty Re: Visiting The Host Of The Shadows....

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

"...Really, that's cheating…" A voice stated, as the figure that Henrex was observing slowly began to vanish, as if it were being sucked into the ground. The voice was coming from all around the room, though its owner was nowhere to be seen. "...But come on…" The voice told him, before the figure reappeared in the adjacent room, though he was now seated in a chair… which could not be observed. It was completely ebony black, dark as night, and unable to be seen through…

As the Captain of Stealth watched the guy observe him, the white garment he was wearing that was not quite a Haori draping along his figure. "…" Kuro's head gently tilted to the side, his almost… hollow looking eyes slowly widening. "Kuro…. Okami…?" He asked, as if the name was distant… as if it had once meant something, but no longer. "...No, no… he's not here…" The almost teenage-looking man stated, his head moving from side to side. "After all, the only one in this room is you."

The figure in the chair looked Henrex directly in the eyes, before his form slowly began to change. Black essence formed around his body, overtaking even the whites in his eyes as the door opened, a man standing behind it. "...Do you think its rude to ask someone's name before you give your own?" At last, the true Kuro had appeared, out from the room where Henrex had been. No other door had been opened, and both rooms had lacked any kind of light. "This is where I monitor… our home." The male explained, walking over to a girdle as he began cleaning out a pan.

"...But yes, rude guy.." Kuro stated, turning the oven on as the lights from the flame drifted to his face, his eyes turned to the side and looking at Henrex. "...I'm… Kuro Okami… what did you want…? I know you're new around here… and you came from…" His eyes seemed to search for a bit, as if remembering something which was just out of reach. "...The assignment office…? Yeah… did they… want something from me…?" Kuro did not seem to notice the marks all over the male's body, and even if he did, he failed completely to react to them...

Who should I pray to... to straighten out this... Crooked Tongue?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Empty Re: Visiting The Host Of The Shadows....

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:44 am
Henrex was taken aback from the barrage of questions that he was asking. Was it rude to ask someone else their name before saying your own? Perhaps....but it depended on the situation, in this one, Henrex was asking to make sure he had the right person. The next sentence confused him. "This is where I monitor....our home?" What did that mean? Home....was he referring to the barracks? The Seireitei? Soul Society? But wait....he said he monitored it....he was making it sound like he was everywhere, seeing everything. It was probably a special skill of his, nothing more. Did he come from the assignment office? No....he simply came to speak with him. Why would he think he came from the assignment office....Henrex looked at him coldly, with Kuro seeming to return the gaze. Although...there was something...off about him. It felt as if someone else was watching him. He waited a few moments before speaking.

"Quite the dramatic entrance there, hm?"

He watched as Kuro walked over to a girdle and cleared out the pan, and Henrex became to get...a creeping feeling. He began to feel...uneasy. His eyes darted around briefly, before returning to Kuro, his gaze not changing from his normal cold, dark expression. He slowly moved a hand to his sword, keeping the needles in his left hand at the ready. Something....was definitely off about him...

"I did not come from the assignment office. I simply came to....discuss things with you."

Henrex felt the uneasiness fade, making him remove his hand from his sword. He took a silent breath and silently made his way towards where Kuro had moved to, his footsteps making no audible sound as they collided with the floor, with the only sound being a slight creak of the floorboards. He sheathed the needles back inside the sleeve of his shihakusho, tucking them safely away, as to make sure the needles didn't jab his skin, or fall out onto the floor. He still did not remove the gloves or scarf he wore, he wasn't sure if he could trust this person with his two "secrets." He allowed his Cyberbrain to deactivate, the light blue tint in his eyes fading, reuturning to black.

"....I came to discuss....joining the Stealth Force...upon other subjects.

He knew nothing about Kuro, so all he could do was stand and wait for his answer, whatever it may be....
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Visiting The Host Of The Shadows.... Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:32 am

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

"...Drama...tic…?" Kuro asked, his eyes looking at the man as if he was struggling to remember what that meant, before the struggle seemed to fade. "...No… that's just how I am, sorry…" He said with a smile, laughing gently as he continued preparing the stove, the heat slowly rising as he took out a mixing bowl.

"Nope, you came from the assignment office." That voice came back, as if it were absolutely certain in this statement. "And because you did… you have something to talk with me specifically about." Kuro muttered, barely audible now, his voice slightly hoarse. Kuro did not seem to mind the way the man was lightly holding his weapons, as if it was of no consequence.

"…" Kuro was silent, turning to the male as he lightly ran the spoon through the batter in front of him. It was pancake mix; water had been added, and now the thickness was just right. "Like why your eyes glow in the dark?" Kuro asked, laughing slightly as his own left eye suddenly became ringed with a gray light, slightly emanating outwards as the rest of the iris turned completely black. "...Yeah, that's fun to do." He spoke, before turning back to the pan as he poured the batter into the bowl.

"...Join the Stealth Force…? But why?" Kuro wondered aloud, his face tilting upwards as his right hand gently flicked the pan, before stopping for a moment, his gaze turning down to the pan. "...No, no… it isn't that simple. If you want to join this division… you must pass my test." Kuro explained, turning around as his right hand whipped out, the pancake flying into the air as Kuro's fingers wrapped smoothly around it.

His hand continued to slide to the side as he opened his mouth, his lips parting as the cake slid between them. His jaw closed as he bit in, and for a moment, his eyes closed, a peculiar smile that seemed foreign on his face reappearing as he enjoyed the cake, small tears forming out the outsides of his eyelids. He did not notice them, but perhaps the stranger did.

His throat muscles contorted as he swallowed it, and a satisfied breath departed from his body. "...You have to cook a pancake, and more then that, you have to enjoy it. You get everything I just used, and more then that… you have to do it all from scratch." Kuro explained, returning the knob back to zero, his eyes looking across the room at the stranger. It truly was Kuro's test, the test which only he could give. There was little else that would properly test the man's dexterity, his attention to detail, as well as his ability to properly learn and follow instructions. "You can ask as many questions as you would like."

With that statement, a light smile came into the Captain's lips again, though this one was nothing like the other one. The difference was… striking. Kuro stood there, awaiting the man's decision, and whether or not he would ask him questions… that was part of the test, as well.

I Still Can't Change the Past.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:51 am
Henrex's eye twitched as Kuro insisted that he was from the assignment office. He was here of his own free will, he had decided to come here to talk with him. He continued to look at what Kuro was doing. Making....a pancake. This guy seemed to get distracted a lot....he went from making eye contact with him, to staring off into space, and now....pancakes. Henrex had to admit....Kuro was a decent cook. At least with pancakes. Eh, who knew how much he could make. Henrex began to draw his sword and glared at him.

"I will tell you once more, and I swear on my life, this is the 100% truth. I did not come from the assignment office, I came here of my own free will so I may talk with you."

He had to make...a pancake from scratch to enter the Covert Ops?! He was working on his nerves, and most certainly near his last one. This was getting annoying. There was no way in hell he was being serious about this. Kuro was just...too..odd to tell. He couldn't figure it out, no matter how much he looked at him. He seemed serious, but he wasn't sure...

".....You're joking, right? No way in hell that can be the real test. This is the Stealth Force. I honestly expected the test to be when I walked into this room, and be ambushed by members, and I would have to fight my way through! You can't be serious about this, are you?!"

Henrex glared at Kuro with immense fury, not even caring if he had lost his temper. He simply needed to hear either a confirmation about the pancake test, or if he would just admit it was a joke.....
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:14 pm

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

Kuro blinked, stopping everything for a moment as the man took an oath upon his life. "...Then…" The Captain seemed a bit lost, his eyes drifting about. It was as if the world had become slightly blurry to him. No, you're both right. He did come here from the need to be assigned, but he doesn't think he ever went to the office. It's simple, you moron! Piero shouted in Kuro's head, before laughing like a maniac. Kuro did not seem particularly phased by this course of events, as his eyes remained level.

"...I used to joke." Kuro explained, his eyes drifting downwards, as if embarrassed. Even in that embarrassment, there did not seem to be hardly any emotion. "And what would that prove…? That you can maim and slaughter and survive?" Kuro asked the male, his hands sliding into his coat pockets as his entire figure… darkened.

The lights in the room began to vanish, as out of Kuro's sides, two hilts slowly began to grow. It did not appear that he had bidden them, but they had emerged all the same. All around the room, the darkness continued to increase, Kuro's eyes becoming clouded as a long shadow was cast by his hair…

Shadowy images began to appear in the corners of the room, of a single figure racing all over the place, destroying creatures one after another, almost desperately. He attacked with wild abandon, and the creatures dealt a great deal of damage to him in response. Bits of shadow were splashed like ebony paint each time this occurred, before the light slowly began to appear in the room. As it did, the two hilts slowly faded out once again.

"...No. What you need, more than anything, in this job… is adaptability." Kuro explained, stepping back as he slowly sat down in the plastic chair once again. "This… is far more challenging." And with that, Kuro leaned in, gently taking a bite out of the pancake in his hands, that small smile returning to his face once again. "Affer ar. (after all)" He said, his mouth full before swallowing. "Facing unexpected situations with that kind of attitude sets a bad precedent. Though, you did question me, I suppose… though not towards completing your task… but rather, because you do not trust me." Kuro said, before laughing slightly as he leaned back in his chair.

"Just like… that shadowy theore...theoretical attack." Kuro paused, trying to say the complicated word. "You have to be able to trust me… That's… what I was always taught… you have to give trust, to get it…" Kuro explained, before letting his gaze drift back to the ceiling. "Now try… and show me… your true skills, your observation, your reflexes, your inquisitive nature… Because being in the stealth squad is about so much more than drawing blood in the shadows."

You Can't Detect True Stealth

- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:38 am
Henrex's gaze softened as Kuro lowered his head. He....used to joke? This...was real? He started to feel bad for losing his temper....Henrex's eyes lowered, his expression darkening. He actually...was feeling...sorry for him. It wouldn't have proven he could kill, but prove that he could survive. Henrex noticed that two hilts had appeared at his sides, and watched as the shadowy image take place. He stepped back, unnerved by this scene. As the image faded, he carefully listened. Lots of what Kuro was saying was right....if he approached a situation with that attitude he had before....it could lead to an undesired outcome.

"...You're right....Sorry, Kuro. I..I guess I'm just not used to things yet."

He watched in slight amusement as Kuro was trying to pronounce theoretical. A little funny. He listened careful as he continued to speak. He wanted him....to show him his...true skills? There was more...to the Stealth Squad than drawing blood in the shadows. That was true...but it didn't mean that he had to act...the way he did. Well, sure, there was more to the Stealth Force than assassination, but....Henrex had assumed that the Stealth Force would be serious, but...assuming is never a good thing to do. Kuro was right....he needed to start trusting him....
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:57 am

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

...Moron… That was the only word that came out of Kuro's Ziamichi spirit as the Shinigami saw the darkening expression on Henrex's face. "...It's been a while… since someone said I was right…" Kuro muttered, his mouth leaning in and continuing to gently chew on the bready substance, before looking back up.

"...Are you going to start…?" Kuro asked, before taking the final bite out of his pancake. "Ah… I'll do it again, I suppose… just make sure you actually pay attention this time." Kuro told him, making no mention of how the man used his first name. Before, Kuro would have been all over him for something like that, but now… he just did not have the energy to care.

So it was that he grabbed his eggs, his flour, his milk, butter, some yeast, and more butter. Mixing them all together in his bowl, he then tipped it down, the mix slowly pouring into the pan with a small hiss. Kuro's hand then slowly wrapped around the pan, his eyes fixated on the cake in the center. The bubbles began to rise, and just when it seemed like there was not an inch of unmarked batter… Kuro flipped it.

The pancake landed down, perfectly golden brown. Kuro's tongue mindlessly flicked out, a smile on his face as he swallowed. Closing his eyes, he gently tipped the pan forwards, feeling the cake move about. So it was that he flicked his wrist once again, and his right hand rose into the air, gripping the cake between his pointer finger and thumb. "There…" He let out with a sigh of relief, walking back over to his chair with his new pancake in hand.

"There'll be plenty of time for maiming and killing... but when you talk with your Captain... you don't need such things. Now… it's your turn…"

You Can't Detect True Stealth

- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 pm
Henrex watched carefully as Kuro, once again, made the pancake. It did look good....ok, getting off topic Henrex, keep paying attention. Why did it feel...like someone else...other than Kuro...was watching him? Oh well. He saw Kuro complete the pancake, and now...it was his turn. He got the eggs first, then the flour, then butter, and then a little yeast. He figured he would try and make it the same way that Kuro did, mixing everything with little complication. He slowly and carefully poured the mixture on the pan, biting his lip, unsure of how the outcome of this section would be. He closed his eyes, expecting the worst. But, what he heard instead...was the satisfying sizzle of the mixture forming into the pancake shape. He allowed himself to smile at that, since he was a novice at cooking, never able to create something...edible. The result would either be burned, or cooked wrong. He didn't hate cooking, but he simply...couldn't do it. He just didn't have the talent.

"Finally....something I cook going right for once...."

He waited a short while longer before flipping it. He struggled to catch it, but got the pancake, with a tiny bit of it breaking and falling off. He took a breath of relief, then slid the now finished pancake on a plate, and smiled sheepishly. Finally, something went right, Ever since he died, not much had gone right. He still hadn't found his sister, even though he could feel that she was still alive. He just...knew it. He shook his head, stopping the thoughts in his head before they distracted him anymore. He set the plate down on the counter, and got a fork. He turned toward Kuro, who looked like he was contemplating on what to say. He held his breath, not wanting to say anything, but simply waited for what he would say....
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

...No way in hell, huh…? The somewhat void-eyed Captain thought to himself as he watched Henrex clumsily perform his given task. Really though, what kind of man doesn't know how to make… pancakes…? Kuro wondered, thinking about letting out a sigh. He decided against it, and gave his focus back to the young man in front of the girdle.

Kuro observed the young man gently biting against his lip, showing some form of uncertainty. ...Caution… Kuro thought to himself emptily, thinking about the last time he had bit his own lip in a similar way… ...Can't remember… been that long, huh…?

"...You should have more confidence…" Kuro said, though his tone was completely flat. Kuro's eyes turned to the pancake, before turning back to the man as he saw his head shake. "…90 points." Kuro decided, his head tilting as he looked at the man. "But can you figure out where the last ten come from?" Kuro asked, the edges of his lips going up into the air as the crumbs dropped from the sides of his face.

It was a bit of a ridiculous gesture, and Kuro's eyes and heart were not within it, but it likely got its point across. Kuro for his part opened up his mouth, finishing the last piece of pancake he had remaining. "After all… that's the way it really goes, isn't it…?" Kuro asked, his white hair gently shining as he slid his right finger along the table, causing for the lights to come on dimly. "When you're out on a mission… the only one who can judge your work completely is you. Having responsibility over your own quality… that's… as crucial as being able to survive..." Kuro explained, looking at the girdle before walking over to the Kotatsu of his Captain's Office, sitting down as he looked at the surface of the table.

Unlike the girdle, which could be seen to be covered in various small bits of ingredients, well-worn, the papers on the small table were completely organized, as if out of habit more than anything else. His eyes blankly gazed at it, before the question finally came out of his mouth. "...So… what position would you grade yourself for?"

I Can't Afford to Care.

- Buddha
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum