Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Zaz
Zaz
Ballsy-Kun

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Left_bar_bleue27500/99999Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Empty_bar_bleue  (27500/99999)
Tiers:

Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Empty Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5)

Sun May 08, 2016 10:32 pm
☨ Demon Template ☨

Basic Information

☨ Name: Bernadotte Le Roy
☨ Titles: Chloranthy (He doesn't use his name)
☨ Age: 20
☨ Appearance Age: 17
☨ Birth Date: October 10th
☨ Original Nationality: French
☨ Known Languages: French, English, Japanese.
☨ Height: 5 ft. 11 in. / 180.3 cm.
☨ Weight: 200 lbs. / 90.7 kg.
☨ Gender: N/A - Identifies as neither gender
☨ Affiliation/Rank: Rogue

☨ Shifter Appearance Picture:
Spoiler:

☨ True Appearance: A jet black, featureless figure in the shape of his shifter appearance without clothing.

Personality

Chloranthy has no soul. This predicament has its side effects. Chloranthy has lost the capacity to feel emotion, and this has effected his personality very significantly. As he has no soul, and no emotions, to define his personality, it is instead defined through other means. The major source of input into his personality now is his ability to see the world from a now purely logical standpoint. What he believes as ideal is what he sees as the most efficient possible situation.

This situation would be a controlled one. A world in which there is enough competition to drive it forward, but still kept in check. A world without conflict dividing it into warring pieces and constantly setting it back; a unified and efficient world without disruption. He wishes to make this world a reality, and to do so he must abolish all of the conflict that time and time again has played a major role in defining history. He must unify the world and make sure it is kept in check.

While Chloranthy understands that at times violence must be used to achieve a goal, he will act without it at any time possible. This is because he believes that acting with violence will only generate more conflict, unless others view your cause as righteous. In order to well represent his cause, he too must act righteously. He will only use violence when necessary and against a foe that cannot be swayed, and in these necessary situations he will strike swiftly and without indecision.

Chloranthy will try to act kindly to those around him. This is in an attempt to better sympathize with the people around him and because he remembers his former self being a kind person and remembers responses to him being usually kind in turn. Since kindness is usually better received, Chloranthy views that acting with it will make it easier to achieve his goals. However, he also remembers how easy it is to take advantage of too much kindness. He knows that being too kind can also prevent someone from effectively dealing with a situation. So while trying to act kindly, he also keeps himself strict and unwavering. He will call out something if it poses a problem, and will not be afraid to deal with a problem that would come his way.

Background History

☨ History: Bernadotte was born into and grew up in a normal household. He had a father, a mother, and an elder brother. He was an average student, good grades, upper portion of his class, very curious but still relatively normal. Up until highschool, Bernadotte's life remained this way. However, shortly after his highschool life began, Bernadotte started noticing changes in his brother. After his signature curiosity got the better of him, Bernadotte investigated his brother, finding out to his dismay that his brother had started hanging out with a notoriously bad crowd.

Bernadotte soon confronted his brother on this subject, only to be shot down aggressively, told to leave what wasn't his business alone. Bernadotte, not one to give up, pressed onward with this issue, though his brother soon became even more aggressive, even getting violent in order to get Bernadotte off of his back. This soon came to strike Bernadotte even harder, as he soon became his brother's target for venting his anger on a regular basis. Bernadotte soon brought this to the attention of his parents, and his father, angered by this, reassured him that it would be resolved.

This soon turned out for the worse, however. Bernadotte's father went out to find his brother, Bernadotte having located where his brother's usual hangout was. His father and his brother never came back. He found later that his father had been the victim in a case of gang related homicide, and his life crashed after that. How could his brother do this? His mom fell into depression, shutting herself away, leaving Bernadotte alone and broken in this new harsh reality.

A few weeks later, his brother finally returned. Enraged and broken, Bernadotte angrily confronted his brother, met immediately with violence. Bernadotte wouldn't take this anymore, and so he struck back against his brother, his mind snapping and conscious thought coming to an end. When he came to, his brother was massacred, cuts and stabs everywhere, and Bernadotte was covered in bruises and blood. Bernadotte, horrified, ran away, seeking any way out of this life that had become so cruel.

It was shortly after he ran out the door that he found himself several blocks away, still soaked in blood and wandering aimlessly, emotions long dead. He was confronted by a peculiar person who seemed to know more about him than should be known. They offered him a contract: his soul for his freedom. Bernadotte didn't think long on this, his soul was what was causing him pain after all, wasn't it? Why would getting rid of it be so bad if it made this pain stop forever?

Bernadotte woke in his new existence to be immediately assailed with profound emptiness. For a while he pondered what reason his new existence had to be. He searched for a meaning for him to still live and couldn't find one. And so he looked at the world around him for a reason, and eventually come up with one himself. He would change the world around him so such things like this need not happen again.

Powers

☨ Natural Abilities:

A Body From A Strange Existence: Chloranthy’s body is quite unique. This is in the literal sense, as his body is different from any other substance known. It is, of course, obviously composed of some kind of matter. However, beyond that it doesn’t truly fit into any smaller category. It is not organic nor metallic nor does it belong to any other such categorization. Even its state of matter can not be definitively stated as it behaves oddly at times. It reacts as a solid, and the majority of the time it indeed appears to be solid. However, while in motion there are many times when it will appear to flow and look very much like a liquid instead, yet even then it still reacts as a solid.

Chloranthy’s body is immensely non-reactive. Because of this, it is largely unaffected by things that other matter would, well, more strongly react to. It is majorly unaffected by things relating to temperature that is not extreme, and also doesn’t passively generate heat of its own except in small amounts while in motion. It is passively entirely non-conductive to electricity. It is entirely non-reactive to any acid that doesn’t have the capability to destroy all forms of solid matter.

Chloranthy can control his body even in very small pieces, and is able to move, detach and reattach these pieces freely, relevant to his general speed (Note that the speed of all movement, including detaching, splitting, and reattaching, is still dependent on his general speed. As a result, splitting will never be instantaneous and cannot be used to dodge an attack unless the attack would be quite a bit slower than Chloranthy's speed, at which point it would be quite possible and probably preferable to dodge through other means.) As long as some part of him still remains he will remain alive and conscious. Chloranthy can also control many aspects of his body. For one, he can control his state of matter.. sort of. His body has the tendency to act like a solid and move like a liquid at the same time, and he is unable to really mess around with that aspect. However, he can turn a part of his body into a vapor, although he loses any control of its movement when he does so. This is also a very tedious process of ripping the bonds of his particles apart, and his body isn't very keen of being in a vaporous state. Because of this, his vaporized body will constantly attempt to solidify and the act of vaporization takes a lot of energy to pull off and also energy to maintain. He can also attempt to will his body into behaving like a plasma, which can also be quite draining depending on how much energy he puts behind it. This process is ultimately unsuccessful, although it does succeed in making his particles extremely agitated. This results in his body generating large amounts of heat in short amounts of time, relevant to his power level. Chloranthy can increase his body’s reactivity to the point of making it extremely volatile. What this essentially means is that he can make parts of himself explode with force and heat relevant to his power level.

Chloranthy can control his body’s shape, texture, and color freely. Unless altered, his body is smooth and mildly rubbery to the touch and jet black in color. The speed at which he can change these properties is relevant to his general speed. An interesting way that Chloranthy has found to alter his body is to make his surface deflect light that touches him in such a way as to redirect it to the other side of his body. This results in light refracting around his body in such a way as to render him invisible. This invisibility is not perfect, however, unless Chloranthy were to stand entirely still. With any movement, the area he occupies will appear to blur with severity relevant to the speed of his motion. If the surface of his body were to be altered while he did this, the effect would fade and take a few seconds to reinstate. Even while not moving, there can be a very slight apparent distortion of objects seen through him if one were to look closely enough.

Chloranthy’s body is also capable of duplicating its particles by consuming his demonic energy, which he also uses as stamina of sorts. The speed of this duplication is relevant to his power level. There is a separation of his main body and excess that has been generated. Any excess material that he has generated past an amount that is equivalent to his main body requires focus relevant to the excess amount in order to maintain. When this focus is broken, the excess amount will deteriorate at a moderate pace. The strange makeup and structure of Chloranthy’s body also promotes particularly adept physical qualities. His body’s material is denser than many others, and this serves to bolster his body’s strength and durability some. Chloranthy’s strength and durability are higher than those of the same category (who are average for that category) by about 0.25x. However, due to the excellent weight distribution of his body’s structure, Chloranthy’s grip and weight capacities are about 5x that of those of the same category (who are average for that category).

Random Note: Chloranthy's voice may sound a bit strange to some, and a little unnatural perhaps. If one listens closely it sounds as if it could belong to a female, yet the pitch is lowered until it dips just a bit into masculinity. This is purposeful and meant to make him sound as gender neutral as possible while still sounding imposing and authoritative.

Skill-Sheet

Racial Skills
  • Za Koa Skill: Beginner
  • Demon Magic: Beginner
  • Shadow Movement: Beginner
  • Akuma Kyōdo: Adept

General Skills
  • Durability: Adept
  • General Speed: Beginner
  • Strength: Beginner
  • Weapon Skill: Beginner

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination: Beginner
  • Mental Deduction: Beginner
  • Pain Endurance: Adept
  • Focus: Beginner

Last edited by Zaz on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:02 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding note about voice... because why not.)
Gamedragon
Gamedragon

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Left_bar_bleue0/0Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Empty Re: Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5)

Mon May 09, 2016 12:40 am
Application Checklist
  • Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
  • Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
  • 10 sentences for personality [X]
  • History is of appropriate length [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [0]
  • Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
  • Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
  • RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
  • RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination:
  • Mental Deduction:
  • Pain Endurance:
  • Focus:

Comments/Notes: Alrighty, I'll be handling this check! First off, I'd like to get this known. I'm very open to talking and conversations, and if for any reason you dislike something I said, it is totally fine to speak to me on PM or respond here. With that out of the way, let's continue on with the check!

First thing's first, could you get me the name of his shifter appearance? Just so I could check if it is claimed or not. I'm not familiar with the character, so I can't exactly search it myself.

Secondly, his only power seems to be a bit hard to understand. From what I could tell, he's naturally a rubbery being that follows those textures, non-conductive and hard to hit. What he can do is break himself down, split apart, create multiple types of energy, and even soak all of that back up? For a single ability, that's quite a lot that can be done, and when someone can create multiple types of energy, it's typically a powerful ability. I'm fine with him being able to break himself apart with a lot of his own energy, down to a limit. What I'm not fine with is the radiation letting him do both electricity and heat.

Secondly, his durability aspect. It's also a little bit confusing, but I think I understand it. I'd like for it to be mentioned that his durability still derives off the durability stat, and that even if this ability makes him naturally more resistant to damage, a strong enough punch from someone with a strength skill higher will still do a lot of damage. Let's simplify it to something like...

'When his body is in a stable state, it's bond to itself strengthens to allow it a total defense increase of 1.5x. When it falls into an unstable state to use different energy types and break itself apart, the broken bonds means there's less cohesion, reducing his defense to normal, or even less than normal if the changes are great.'
Tier:

Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) QYEibkj
Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) F2mrTYb
Zaz
Zaz
Ballsy-Kun

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Left_bar_bleue27500/99999Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Empty_bar_bleue  (27500/99999)
Tiers:

Mon May 09, 2016 2:17 am
In the FC Center, his FC will be listed as follows.
"Yoite - Nabari No Ou - Zaz - Chloranthy"
This application is a remake of the character after a period of absence.

I changed generating any type of radiation to only generating Electricity.

The durability doesn't derive from cohesion. Chloranthy can control his body even when in pieces. He does not have any internal systems keeping him "alive". As such, if you were to stab him, it would only damage him slightly. The defense is less on the scale of the whole and more on a small scale throughout his body, the more his material itself is resistant to being damaged as opposed to split apart. A strong punch from someone could spray his body across an area, and while that would damage him and portions of his body would deteriorate and be destroyed, the majority would be able to recollect itself. Though, the amount remaining would still be dependent on stability and just how strong the attack was. I did add percentage values to his defense.

Hope this fixes things.

Edit: I'm also going to add an amount of time required to transition between full stability to instability.
Gamedragon
Gamedragon

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Left_bar_bleue0/0Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue May 10, 2016 12:23 am
Alright, since I looked up the original character, you really do not need to remake him. Many of the things are still similar, while the character was only archived. An easier way of getting your character back would be to head over and use this link to get them archived - https://www.platinumhearts.net/t9712-the-staff-request-thread-for-moves-archives-locking-or-whatever-else-you-need-staff-for

I could be the one to unarchive them, if you want, rather than going through with the rest of the check. If instead you'd rather me finish the check and grade the character on a bit more modern standpoint, I'm fine with that as well!

Zaz
Zaz
Ballsy-Kun

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 10, 2016 1:17 am
This character has been remade here and there. I didn't quite know what I wanted with him, but, at least hopefully, now I'm finalizing him. I'd prefer if he were to be checked as is now.

Last edited by Zaz on Thu May 19, 2016 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing because I edited the wrong post.)
Gamedragon
Gamedragon

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 11, 2016 8:55 pm
Application Checklist
  • Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
  • Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
  • 10 sentences for personality [X]
  • History is of appropriate length [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
  • Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
  • Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
  • RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
  • RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination: Beginner
  • Mental Deduction: Beginner
  • Pain Endurance: Adept
  • Focus: Beginner

Comments/Notes: Well, with everything said and done, I think this character's all ready to go! If you have any issues with the skills or tier given, feel free to message me, though his lack of powers and real presence makes me think that his tier and abilities match him perfectly. If there are no issues, then this character is ready!
Tier: 4-3

Zaz
Zaz
Ballsy-Kun

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 am
Update: Specifying power with some notes.

Notes: Certain physical properties' speed of change are not based off of the stability of Chloranthy's body. These physical properties are shape, color, density, and anything that only requires the movement of his body. All physical properties related to energy of some sort have speed of change relevant to his stability.
^Getting tacked onto Natural Abilities.
Zaz
Zaz
Ballsy-Kun

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:05 am
Gamedragon
Gamedragon

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:14 am
[mod]This character is being moved on over to inactive. The author of the character has not posted since the 30th of September, and by rules, the character must be moved and a notification must be left. I really hope that you're doing alright and okay, and we all hope that you can come back soon! To bring your character back, just leave staff a message here! https://www.platinumhearts.net/t9712-the-staff-request-thread-for-moves-archives-locking-or-whatever-else-you-need-staff-for[/mod]

Last edited by Gamedragon on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:31 am
[adm]Gonna move this back into active demons since this account was last logged in on Oct 14th. There was a miscommunication on my end and it wasn't Game's fault.[/adm]

Bernadotte Le Roy (3-5) WVMWLOu
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum