Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Empty A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner]

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 am

THE BLADE MAIDEN

KAGAYAKU NO MURASAKI

To most people, the heat of Africa would be a rather stark reason not to visit the nation of Vastime in the first place. Kagayaku no Murasaki was, however, not one of those people. It did help somewhat that she had already been through the place a great many times before in her travels, and so she knew all of the basic ways of avoiding a potential heatstroke. Besides, she was in a city, not simply riding across the savanna on horseback this time around. Sad as that made the Captain of Seventh Division, she knew all too well that she had a purpose for being here.

That purpose was, admittedly, nothing spectacular. She wasn't visiting for some grand diplomatic visit to the king in order to ensure good relations, nor to bring down some rampaging, powerful Hollow in the area. No, this was simply an everyday, rather routine patrol. Normally, a Captain wouldn't even be doing something like this, but the Seventh Division was still pretty new, and you would be hard-pressed to get Murasaki to call it anything even resembling “fully-staffed.” It was a little disheartening, sure, but she understood that these things took time, and that she couldn't just expect a whole division to pop out of the ground like a carrot.

Still, though...it would have been nice to maybe have a proper subordinate or two that she could just tell, “Hey, head on down to Vastime and...keep an eye out!” But there were still only a few members, way too few for her to be putting patrols in otherwise safe areas that only needed a cursory glance-over. Man, maybe she should have brought a horse. At least that way she'd have something fun to do as she wandered about the capital city, no real direction in mind. What was a girl to do...

Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Left_bar_bleue40300/10000A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Empty Entertainment at Its Finest

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Divine Crusader

Steiner Franz

Vastime. The great nation that was built upon the back of martial superiority had so far, without a shadow of a doubt, proven to be the country where anyone who sought knowledge on warfare, martial studies, or the like could come to learn. It was here that Steiner had spent many weeks and many months diving into the culture. Enriching himself by proxy, studying by book, and learning from first hand experience of more experienced warriors. However, there was indeed a limit to how much one could absorb by merely studying and Steiner had unfortunately reached that limit. He had grown bored of sitting under the familiar trees of his camp ground, scouring some book that he had read one too many times for any tid-bit of information he could find. He had, in fact, exhausted many of the local libraries of their stock of combat texts, and irritated quite a few veteran warriors by begging for actual combat exercises. They didn't have time for that sort of thing.

These warriors were much too busy with their own personal agendas and though they saw Steiner as an eager apprentice, they knew that their time was vested into their own affairs. So they would, one by one, send him off to the next veteran, and then that veteran would send him off to the next. This cycle had continued for quite a while, so long in fact that Steiner had just stopped asking entirely. He had grown far too irritated with being handed around like platters of food at Thanksgiving dinner and dare not ask another one of the grizzled veterans for their time. He understood that they were busy with their own lives and he hated to be a nuisance to them, so out of equal parts anger and respect,he had let them be. It was far easier to live in the capital if you didn't have enemies, especially enemies with military training, and ties to the local armed forces.

So without a way to hone himself through actual combat, Steiner had returned to his old methods of training to continue his growth. He had began to set up an obstacle course. Using his books, he had set up a wonderful course for himself, mixing and matching different ancient obstacles for different purposes to maximize his workout regiment.The course comprised of training dummies, spike pits, pendulums,and many other devious traps that required quick thinking, impressive reaction times, and agility. No expense had been spared on this course,a small fortune had been spent for the sole purpose of training his skills. It reminded him a bit of his old training grounds back in Karkura: a massive obstacle course that seemingly extended from one side of the camping ground to the next.

Many people had come to watch him construct this wonder of a course.
It had almost become like an attraction, people who passed by came to see him working hard on making the best possible course, and cheer him on as he engineered the engine of his personal growth. He would stop from time to time, chat with a few of the locals, and then return back to working on his masterpiece. Days went by, blending into one another until finally the fruits of his labor could be revealed for the whole world to see. Standing before him was the most majestic obstacle course that he had ever seen in his life. A smile spread across his face as he let out a deep sigh of contentment.

"It's finally done! All that hard work and it is finally done. Guess I really am my father's son.", Steiner said to no one in particular as he waved at the crowd who had come to see his masterpiece completed. Walking away from it to join the crowd of people, he was congratulated for a job well done, and warned that the new sheriff in town might come and tear it all down. He brushed it off, much too happy with himself to worry about whoever the sheriff was,and too busy thinking about what he would do next. He decided to take the day off, maybe go in town for a bit to pick up some things, and enjoy the day. After all, his course would be here when he got back. So he left the course in the care of an elderly couple who had been there every day and after changing his clothes made his way in town.

He passed by many different kinds of stores on his way in, ignoring many different things that didn't catch his eye, and only stopping on occasion to see about a price on one thing or another. He made it to capital square without having spent a cent of his pocket money and sat down with a thud on a nearby bench, deciding to take in the calming mixture of warmth, and the sounds of local birds chirping in the few trees in the square. That is when he felt it, a weird spiritual presence that he couldn't put his finger on, and he turned his head in the direction of the source. His eyes spotted the source, a young female with green hair, and blue eyes walking around with little aim to where she was going. He found himself interested in the weird energy that she seemed to emit from herself, having never sensed anything like it before in the short time that he had gained his powers, and decided to investigate.

He walked over to her casually, mainly to not spook her as she seemed to be engrossed deeply in looking around for something, or another. "Miss are you new around these parts? I see you glancing around as if you are lost, if you need help I could provide you with directions.", he spoke with warmth in his tone and choosing not to ask about why her energy came off so weirdly, but instead focusing on helping her if she needed it.

A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] OlBPPj4
A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] VewULRr
A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] AQodtc6
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Empty Re: A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner]

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:22 am

THE BLADE MAIDEN

KAGAYAKU NO MURASAKI

It was true that Murasaki could best be described as completely engrossed in the area, though that was in no small part due to her keeping a keen eye out for any trouble that she should be handling. Of course, there was always the question of trouble she shouldn't be handling, like legal stuff that probably fell outside her purview, but what were the chances that something like that'd come up? Hm, but then again, if she helped stop some crime, that could always be an even better way of reaffirming good relations between Vastime and the Gotei, and that was part of her job after all...

So enraptured by her own thoughts was she that, when Steiner approached as casually as could be, he still managed to faintly startle her, if only because she had simply fazed out entirely. Of course, she could hardly blame the guy, and she luckily wasn't the type to just draw her sword as soon as something spooked her, but she did find herself faintly embarrassed at it nevertheless.

“Uh, lost? No no no, I'm definitely not lost. Well, I don't quite know where I'm going, but I wouldn't say I'm lost really. Usually gotta have a destination in mind to be lost, you know? Ehehe...”

Man, she sure sounded like an idiot there. Nice job, Murasaki, professional as always. She sighed inwardly to herself, but outwardly kept up the smile and her best composure. She wasn't great at this, but she certainly tried her best at it anyway. Only way to get better was to try and all that.

“Oh, um, I'm Captain Kagayaku no Murasaki, of the Gotei. Um, you can call me Murasaki, or Captain Kagayaku, whichever. I don't think I caught your name, Mr...?”

Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Left_bar_bleue40300/10000A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] Empty Re: A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner]

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:57 pm

DIVINE CRUSADER

STEINER FRANZ

A Matter of Duty [Murasaki, Steiner] 6EdIfMt

His very casual walking had seemingly startled the shinigami and in turn also startled him as her minor jump caused him to instinctively jump himself. Letting out a nervous chuckle, trying his best to laugh off the fact that he himself had jumped, Steiner would place both of his hands in his pockets, and display a confident grin. He hadn't meant to spook her and to act at least in a cordial manner would probably put her at ease while making himself more relate able. After all, he wasn't a bad guy, and was merely looking to help her find her way if she was indeed lost.

"So you're lost...but not lost? How does that make sense?", Steiner said the smile not leaving his face as he let out a little chuckle at her expense. She seemed to be nervous and she probably wasn't used to social interaction. Or maybe she just wasn't used to random strangers walking up to her and prying into her business? It was probably a bit of both, but he was already here now, and he wasn't going to just allow someone walk around without a direction as she herself had stated she had no destination in mind. To the young man that seemed rather crazy as well. Who walked just to walk around? People on patrol? He supposed that was possible as just about anyone was hired to be a city guard after the events that took place in Vastime. Security had ramped up since the attacks, so she was probably a new guard who was getting used to the beat.

"Captain Kagayuku... that would make you a captain of one of the guard squads!?", he exclaimed causing a few eyes to dart over to the pair. Clear concern seemed to be washing over the crowd behind him, but Steiner was more in awe than concerned about potential conflict on the horizon. He had never met a guard captain before and the amount of times he had seen a shinigami he could count on one hand. The fact that he was meeting one of the highest of the highs in terms of the shinigami chain of command gave him an unusually large amount of excitement. He had so many questions, but as the information had began to settle he realized just how odd it was for a captain to be out and about in the middle of the capital. Wouldn't the chain of command dictate sending a lower level member of their squad to deal with routine and rudimentary tasks? Unless if this was everything, but rudimentary and routine.

"Is there something going on? Shouldn't a captain such as yourself be in Soul Society? Are you here on diplomatic business?", he found himself asking a great deal too many questions. His excitement of meeting a captain and his concern for the general populace and their safety causing him to become almost fervant with his questioning at this point. "I'm Steiner, Steiner Franz. You can just call me Steiner.", he said as his mind currently raced a mile a minute trying to figure out just what a captain was here and what was going on that would require a captain's oversight.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:18 am

THE BLADE MAIDEN

KAGAYAKU NO MURASAKI

With a short, girlish giggle, Murasaki shrugged in response to Steiner's own reaction. If he'd jumped too, well, now they were on even footing, weren't they? She listened into his words, nodding cheerily at his question about the matter of being both lost and not lost. She might have elaborated, but it seemed like he had more to say, and it'd be really rude to interrupt, after all. So the nomad stayed silent for now, listening carefully to each word Steiner said. Like an old stoic monk! Yeah that was a cool mental image. Her with a bald head in some robes with the big old prayer beads around her neck... Sure thing, Murasaki. Oh, she probably needed to reply, didn't she? It'd be rude to just stand there and give him a nod and an “mhm, that's right!” Right right right, so first things first...

“Well, ya know, the way I see it there's no getting lost if you're just kinda going wherever ya feel like. Been a lot of places in my life, but I'd only call myself lost maybe once, twice at most.”

Hearing his question about her being here for something important, or some diplomatic business, elicited another short, small laugh from Murasaki. This guy was definitely one to jump to conclusions, but then again... She did have to admit, a captain like her wouldn't have normally been out on patrol like this. It was usually their job to send other people to do that, but it wouldn't make her sound good at all if she just said “oh yeah, we don't have too many members yet.” So, thinking quickly, she shook her head and put a finger to her lips.

“That's right, I am a Gotei captain. Unfortunately, Mr. Steiner, what I'm doing down here is classified info. Can't go around telling everyone about my captainly duties, right?”

Her tone was as upbeat and joking as ever, and it was clear that, though she was withholding info from Steiner, it wasn't out of any maliciousness. It really was, all things considered, just so she and her division still looked professional. They always said to dress for the job you wanted, and this was...something like that. Right?

Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 pm

DIVINE CRUSADER

STEINER FRANZ

She had been too many places? Well so had Steiner, in fact he had visited a pretty wide breadth of places ever since his powers had woken up, but he kept on coming back here. This was his home base after all, not really a home home, but a place where he could go to continue his training without bothering anyone. Still, it was beginning to become dull staying in this place, and he didn't know how much longer it would be before he finally packed up base for the last time and began his metaphorical riding off into the sunset. Still, her words held weight in a way. Couldn't really get lost if you didn't have a destination after all. Still it worried him that if she was on an important mission and she had no idea where she was going in order to complete that mission that things could probably go sideways. Maybe he could be of service? He doubted a captain would find him useful in the slightest, but maybe he could aid her in some way or another?

At being called Mr. Steiner and being told that her mission was classified, Steiner scratched his head internally, and outwardly in confusion. So if she was on an important mission and she had no destination, then how was she going to complete her mission? His original assumption that she was patrolling around for something came back to mind. But for what? "So you like to travel too?", Steiner asked as he shoved all of these questions underneath the classified rug and decided to allow the Gotei to do their business and instead focus on being good company to the lady he had spooked only moments ago. It would be much easier on the both of them if he didn't push the subject after all. "The last place I went to was Russia, went to see a classical concert at one of their big concert halls. It was pretty nice, cold as hell, but pretty nice.", Steiner said as he became more relaxed, allowing himself to enter a state of ease.

"As a shinigami you've probably been to some really awesome places I bet! Like Soul Society or the Sugiuran Realms, I've heard they are both lovely places to visit, and one day I'm hoping I can visit them...alive hopefully.", Steiner said with an odd chuckle at the realization that most beings went to Soul Society when they died. His curiosity over what Soul Society looked like had always been something that plagued him, but being a living being there was just no way that he could enter into their realm. Well, at least as a tourist. He could probably visit there with some form of military clearance, like the type of clearance that he would still have if he were a member of the Vanguard, but as a civilian, there just wasn't any dice. Oh well, he could always dream about it right?

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:49 am

THE BLADE MAIDEN

KAGAYAKU NO MURASAKI

At the mention of travel, Murasaki lit up like a Christmas tree, excitement and a certain level of child-like glee apparent in everything about her, from her change in gait to a seeming glimmer in her eyes. She leaned in slightly toward Steiner as he talked about his own interest in travels, nodding occasionally as he spoke and with more and more excitement each time.

“Oh, yeah, I love to travel! Like I said, I've been almost everywhere on Earth by now, but I gotta say it never gets old, even when you go somewhere twice or more. You said you've been to Russia? I liked it there a lot, super pretty during a lot of the year but when winter hits, oh boy does it get cold. Lemme tell ya, riding across that place on a horse is trouble when it's that cold out, yes sir! Of course, that's when a yurt comes in handy, they're super warm and that's really number one when you're traveling! Even when you're somewhere that you wouldn't think would get cold at night-”

Murasaki didn't stop talking, of course, it was more that she just continued rambling for quite a while, about the importance of staying warm and how South America was really pretty terrible and the steppe was definitely the best place to be at any given part of the year, barring a small handful of local holidays that made certain places more exciting. It took a good while for her to actually realize she just hadn't stopped talking, and it really only even occurred to her upon having to stop for breath and noting the abrupt silence as her own voice was no longer dominating the area.

“Eheh... Sorry about that. Um, anyway, I've actually never been to the Sugiura Realm. I've heard about it a few times, but never really needed to go. I guess I could end up there at some point, but that would probably need to be something pretty serious. Wouldn't exactly be my division's job to be there.”

Shrugging, then, Murasaki tilted her head to the side curiously and put her hands on her hips, gauging Steiner rather obviously. She didn't really see why she'd hide it, after all. Better to just let him know than be all weird and shady about it, staring at him when he wasn't looking like some kind of creepy stalker girl.

“So, got anywhere in mind to go?”

Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 pm

DIVINE CRUSADER

STEINER FRANZ

Steiner nodded his head as he listened to her go on about traveling and it became very clear to him that she actually really enjoyed the adventure of exploring new places. Probably as much as he did to be honest. The thrill of seeing culture and learning about an areas topography were almost like training to him. "Yeah, I didn't really have the opportunity to stay in a Yurt, but I did read a few books on how to build them. I find history to be quite exciting, I almost went to university to be a historian.", he said with a confident smile plastered on his face as he remembered the good old days when he had just been some powerless student. He had studied real hard to get into the university in Tokyo, but life had a different plan for him, and he was quite happy with how things had turned out. Minus all the pain he had been through, but then again even the pain and struggles he had gone through had helped define himself so he couldn't really complain.

That is when she began to speak, much like a teenager going on about her first crush, about her explorations and exploits. He found it quite interesting that she had been to so many places and done so many things, but then again it wasn't too hard to believe that with a Shinigami's long life span that something like that could be done. Still, it was exciting in a way to listen to her reminisce a bit, and he didn't dare interrupt her out of respect and curiosity. Everything from the trip to South America and her talking of special holidays held for different cultures intrigued him quite highly. He didn't care if she rambled on about it and in fact had hoped she would have kept on going as this was far more interesting than sitting around and listening to a lecture on history from Sylvia or training in an obstacle course. She eventually took a breath and he could tell she was tad bit embarrassed, but he really didn't know why.

"What is there to be sorry for? You are passionate about it so you should express just how passionate you are for it. To be quite honest, I was only so quiet as so that I could listen to everything you had to say as I felt like it all came from the heart. And those are the most important things in life.", Steiner said appearing to be much wiser than his young age would probably show, but even he had some ware and tear on the old tires. He put his hands into his pockets and nodded his head before continuing on. "So you haven't been to the Sugiuran realms? I here it is quite nice....also if you don't mind me asking...what division are you a part of exactly, Murasaki?", he asked as he dropped all the honorifics and began to speak to her as an equal. They were both globe trotters who were trying to defend the living realm after all. All the while he stared at her, not in a way to freak her out, but in a way that showed he was trying to evaluate her for more than just the title she brandished. She wasn't too hard to read, but he couldn't help, but feel that there was quite a bit more to her than the eye could easily distinguish.

"I would like to go all over Soul Society to be honest. There isn't just one thing I would like to see in particular as Shinigami culture is something that I barely know anything about despite all the texts and information floating around. Still, if I was going to be specific? The Rukongai, the Shinigami academy, and the walls of the Seretei themselves would be sure fire picks for me.", he spoke with honesty as he removed one hand from his pocket to rub his chin in thought. "I'm all about learning about the structures, culture, and even the martial talents of a civilization and those places are the best places to see the core identity of the people and their way of life bar none.", he said while also gauging her reaction to what he had to say and wondering just what she thought about his choices.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum