Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Left_bar_bleue59000/99999Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Empty Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden]

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:42 pm

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: N/A
Sitting upon a bench in the open courtyard in the midst of a military complex, one girl whose golden hair shone like precious metal in the light sat under the boughs of an aged, gnarly tree. At the rank of private, this girl was unassuming as the grunts that surrounded her, a tiny pebble who could be overlooked on the roadside. The girl raised a pure white hand into the air, letting delicate fingers feel the warmth, even though the smile that adorned her lips failed to cause her cheeks to rise. To the passerby, she looked like a part of the mundane, easily overlooked.

Yet, to the studious, her gaze was sharp like a knife. Nothing escaped those eyes which looked out upon the realm around them; there was electrum that lingered with every passing glance. A clarity that sought to unravel the world around it, to tear it open and lay bare it's inner mechanisms. It was a gaze that was far too smart to have the wool pulled over it.

Even so, those eyes seemed to find the interactions around them to be futile. It was like watching a butterfly struggling in the web of a spider, the happy times of these soldiers did very little to satiate the woman under the tree. Eventually, that woman brought a bottle to her lips. Seeking the sweet release of fire which ran rampant down her throat, even though she knew that it would only be a momentary reprieve. Even so, a heated exhalation of release blew past slightly ajar lips as the world grew dimmer and the noise stopped just for a little while.

Her head to rest against the rough, warped bark of the tree behind her. The jarring feeling of pressure that came with the less than graceful action brought an unwanted clarity to the fuzz in her mind. The sun seemed to be almost painfully bright as Animum brought a pallid hand to cover her eyes, effectively blocking the rays that beat down upon her from the harsh African sun.

Peeking from behind slightly askew fingers, the woman marveled at the blue, uncaring sky above her, and how small and insignificant she seemed before it's majesty. She truly did enjoy the quiet in her life currently, fading from existence to hide away in an unassuming barrack, it was a life that in the beginning that she never thought she would consider being fulfilling. All those years ago as a lieutenant of the gotei 13. Then again, so much had happened that she never thought would have taken place.

In the corner of her eye, she noticed another individual walking amongst his men. A person who she had only really met once, on the inauguration of his majestic empire. Some called him a fierce monster, others a dignified ruler who was befitting of his post. Those trademark golden eyes of hers would study the man silently from her tiny corner of paradise that she had carved out for herself. While individuals like kimitsuki, and nizhuan had climbed the ranks into higher posts, Animum had been more than happy to remain where she was, the lowest of the low, a grunt. There had been a kind of release, having no one know who she was, or what she was capable of. The eyes of her squad did not look at her with expectation, nor with fear or hope. She was not an asset to them, a person to be used. She had not shared with them the monstrosity of her power either.

Thus, a soft chuckle escaped golden-eyes mouth as she took another sip of an unidentified bottle that was hidden within a small brown paper bag.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] LzZCuy7
Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] BtXe12b
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Empty Re: Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden]

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:49 pm

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] 6EdIfMt

The lives of millions rested in his hands, and here he stood among them. A man who was elevated beyond any reasonable position turned from a mere soldier into the epitome of valor. He was the sole arbiter of the will of Vastime, the man which would bring shadowfall to it's knees. It was through that belief he had brought millions of people together to fight under the same banner: his banner. The iron banner, one which would in due time outlive even him. That man was currently in the courtyard of this military complex and his emerald eyes seemed to be unhappy.

It was a rarity to see the king with a smile on his face in private, as he spoke with soldiers and dismissed them he began to blend into the world. As much as one could who stood first among equals, the man which seemed to harbour a deep feeling of malcontent within himself and the world. It was that malcontent he had refined into a tangible force, like a rusted blade brought to glorious shine through time and effort. But now, that blade was idle yearning to know purpose beyond it's creation.

It was why the King could only stand in the courtyard, a frown on his lips and a tiredness in his eyes. His body seemed tensed and strong, easily powerful enough to bring amount destruction on an unspoken scale. Muscles seemed to exude their own lethality, but in this moment he seemed to just be standing under the shade of a tree. A shine of blonde hair seemingly the only presence which seemed to illuminate the grey world around him. As if by some unseen force he was prompt'd to look towards them wordlessly.

Emerald eyes, shining in their own right, seemed to focus on the woman. He knew her, he had met her with what felt like so long ago. But his eyes would cast upwards staring at the branches of the tree which they where under, his hand resting against the solid trunk. There was something about the strudyiness, the power and reliability of a tree. That the base of a tree was a support for the branches to extend into the world and sprout it's fruit.

In some regards, Vastime was a tree. But in that moment of though he'd speak as if to break the silence between them.

"I have been told I am relentless; that my nation is a beast among prey. That we attract the degenerates, the broken, and the lost and we give them purpose. It makes me wonder, which catagory you fall in. And what purpose you have found."

Blunt. Tired. Honesty.

The voice of the king wasn't grandiose, but it was majestic. It commanded an authority, but what was foremost in the baritone was his tiredness.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] JfH75kA
Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] H8Tyk70
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Left_bar_bleue59000/99999Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Empty Re: Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden]

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 pm

"If I told you it was all of thee above, would you be amused?" Golden eyes met Hayden's empowered emerald gaze. Within the depths of those golden eyes was a magnetic sort of force, electrum that roiled like a thunderstorm.

Those golden eyes vanished, breaking the gaze that lingered between them to stare out across the courtyard. Animum's lips pursed, the little brown bottle set beside her as she deliberated on what she wanted to say. The golden eyes that leveled themselves on the kings gaze now swept across the privates and the grunts, the officers, the leaders. It was hard to pinpoint exactly what she was feeling, her gaze didn't betray much after all. A faint smile appeared on the corners of her lips, a faint curve lingering on the corners of her mouth.

"If I said I had no purpose would you be offended?" Animum said without glancing at Hayden. Her words whistful and whimsical. It was the voice of someone who had withstood atrocities, the voice of the worn-out husk of a woman that remained.

"I'm here for these men and women. When I look at the lives they lead, it allows me to feel at peace. I haven't had many moments in my life where I can be at peace, where I could enjoy the life I have." Animum finally met the man's eyes, her golden gaze studying the man as the sound of drills went on in the background.

"I'm not proud of the things I've done, but I've more than paid the price for the life that I've lead. I have nothing left other than this slice of peace that lays before me. " Her voice was even, resigned and tired as she brought the little brown paper bag, with the bottle back to her lips, letting the fiery liquid that was held within the bottle slip down her throat.

"Do you believe that we are degenerates?" After a spell of a few moments of silence, Animum asked Hayden this question in a faintly bemused tone; this disrupted the rather apathetic, somber mood that was being projected into the atmosphere around them.

"Or do you believe that you give people purpose? " Animum plucked a little dandelion from the ground, studying the little weed before her as she awaited a response from the king of the iron banner.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Bright Bastion Crumbling [Animum, Hayden] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:55 pm

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

"As amused as one can be."

He'd remark idly standing under the cool shade of the tree, his own verdant irises scanning the horizon. Between all of the fighting and running he had taken into account the potential for their little experiment. Men and women with so much of it, he couldn't believe that they where sqaundering it. Rather he had to hold onto the belief that through some means he was bringing about some type of external and internal change, but in the presence of Animum he was able to converse openly and honestly.

"It sounds to me your purpose is with them, if I was to be so bold." He'd remark taking a deep breath turning his gaze on her, she wasn't simply a machine of death and destruction for him. She was a soldier, a civilian, a person of Vastime. For one of the first times in his little experiment, this grand chance, he was offered maybe the potential to share some of that malcontent he felt. It was strange but he would speak. "I think you'll find many of these people agree with you."

He was referring to the peace she found, as they looked around Hayden could feel the internal struggle within their souls. He saw killers, thieves, and sinners but among them he also saw those seeking redemption- seeking for callings bigger than their previous lives. But as his gaze fell on Animum he couldn't see her clearly- but he saw her pain. Hell he even felt it.

"I think we're a bit of both. We came from the former and now we're the latter. But if this small peace is what gives you purpose than it is best we protect it? Cultivate it." He'd hum slightly taking a seat next to her, resting his elbows on his knees as he looked at her. He'd smile, worn and tired. "Truth be told, we're all lost childern trying to make sense of it all. But I like to think... this thing I've created. We created. Is something worth protecting, worth fighting for. Don't you agree?"

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 pm

"You know, you have quite a way with words. " The bottle in her hand vanished; dispersing into the particles. The faintest of smiles curved on the corners of her lips, those weary golden eyes of hers drifted to meet eyes of an enchanting verdant green. Even if she didn't let him know her thoughts, it was clear that he could feel her hurt. Hurt was a strange thing, after all, those with scars could identify similar individuals, it brought them together.

"I think you may be right to an extent. I would lay down my life for these people. Even if they don't expect me to." Animums voice was soft, wistful as she watched the drills that the common soldiers were undergoing. The marching that took place across the fields, or the gun exercises that took place on ranges, all of the methodical, practiced motions allowed her to have solace.

"However, you underestimate what you have created." Animum stated softly as she rose to her feet, the static halo that adorned her head making her look like an angel descended from the heavens above. Her golden eyes glanced down at the man who had been sitting down beside her, her eyebrows raising faintly.

"Even if we aren't here to keep kindling the fire, It's going to continue to burn on brilliantly. " The woman's words were bemused as she held her elbow out, it was probably kinda funny looking, but to a man of good pedigree and upbringing it'd probably be clear that she wanted him to lead her elsewhere.

"Shall we take a walk? I'm rather tired of sitting." She eventually said plainly if he hadn't gotten the hint, her smile growing a tad bigger if he actually got the hint before she had to verbally spell things out for him.

As they walked, she allowed Hayden to direct the path of their journey. Her golden eyes drifting across the military grounds as she began to speak nonchalantly.

"I'm surprised that you recognized me. I'm not terribly eye-catching these days." Animum said, her eyes glancing sidelong at him as she enjoyed the feel of the sun as it radiated downward onto her flesh. The sensations of the warm breeze ruffling her long hair causing her to let out a soft exhalation of relaxation.

she had a kind of naturality about her as they walked. She blended in perfectly with the environment around them. It was as if she was a part of the landscape, rather than a passerby admiring the scenery. She smelled like ozone, giving off all the sensations of a thunderstorm to those who could discern the tell-tale signs.

"Tell me, what is the hardest thing about being a king?" Animum asked after a few minutes of silence. Her large golden eyes studying him, genuinely curious of his answer.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 pm

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

"It may indeed keep burning once I'm safe in my grave, but it must burn properly with the right kindling. Least we fall astray and become that we protest." He'd chuckle to her but his tone was agreeing, it was true that at this point this massive grand experiment was set to keep going once they both where laid to rest. But it is important to focus that kindling into something amazing, something pure.

Taking the hint he would begin to walk, through the courtyard with her before she spoke. His callous hands going behind his back gripping each other, verdant irises scanning the world around them. In each soldier and civilian he saw unlimited potential which if they could harness he knew they would see what he believed. But even in this quiet introspection he listened to the woman.

Before turning his gaze upon the woman a smile on his lips. "I recognize most soldiers, It is the least I can do for those who swore their lives to me." He'd speak softly, the weight of a crown on his head seemingly all to strong today. But with that being said she would almost ask a question which struck home, a hard sigh escaping his lips. He'd lick his lips as if to remove the burden from his throat.

"The hardest part.. I suppose it is the mere weight of handling so many lives. To decide what is worth a life and what isn't.. it's evil. To place these values on lives, on each bright flame which must be extinguished. Every life a brief spark in the darkness to become an afterimage in the grand scheme.. and I am supposed to pick and choose which sparks are worth fading." He'd speak softly voicing the Damocles sword which hung above his head, his burden. To perform such an evil act as to implace value on lives- a burden he wore everyday.

"That is my burden as a King.I cannot speak for others, but it is that knowledge and faith my people place into me." His voice would fade softly, before exhaling. His majesty's gaze would convey something wordlessly,a pain.

"I.. yes. Yes it is hard."

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:26 am

Sometimes, some things were unpleasant to say. As Animum heard the words that left haydens lips, about correct kindling, of becoming what they protest, it struck a chord deep inside the woman. It mirrored too closely, what the original owner of this body wanted for herself.

"If that day ever comes, I'll raze this kingdom to the ground myself." There was a rare rawness that broke through the sullen, muted mask of emotion that Animum wore. If the pain of her choices was a dull, lingering reminder of her transgressions, then the pain that was momentarily revealed in Animum's statement was the bottomless abyss that started it all.

It was the kind of pain that drove even supernatural beings to seek an end to their nigh-eternal existence. A pain so sharp that it could break anything, including god-like beings such as Animum; no being deserved to have pain such as this. Or rather, from the momentary darkness that lingered in her gaze, it could probably be deduced that the price paid to continue existing with that pain, was unimaginable.

As the solace of silence lapsed between them once more, Animum had time to think; She was a remnant, a ziamichi spirit that had been forcibly created, and the last fragment of her host spirit that existed in this world. Every day now, she felt the pull of something on the other side calling her, beckoning her to become whole once more.

When she closed her eyes, she still could see the memories, of her host spirit in anguish; Willing to shatter her own existence, to escape the pain that plagued her. It hadn't been tenacity that allowed what was known now as Animum to continue to exist; Instead, it had been a karmic stroke of bad luck. At that moment, when her fledgling existence opened her eyes, she knew this was the retribution the world had given her.

Then, she had tried. She had joined the gotei 13, tried to become what her host spirit had lost so long ago. Only to be forsaken. That was why, Vastime mattered so much to her, here she did not have to worry about being so utterly, and completely broken.

"Sometimes, to bring meaning to the lives that stride willingly to do good, you must enforce retribution towards those that do bad. It is the unfairness that any good ruler must face." Animum said as she gave her king a faint, sad smile.

When she so clearly could see the pain that lingered in his voice, from the words he spoke of his duty, how could she not bring her hand to rest upon his shoulder? Words often could convey emotion, but intrinsically all beings could say so much more with their actions. Like the hand that rested on Hayden's shoulder; conveying through it that he did not need to seek solidarity in his strength, that he was not alone.

"The path of a ruler is one I have often found is like a rose. It can be beautiful, captivating to all that look upon them in adoration. But it is also daunting, painful, and agonizing at times. However, you can feel it right? Every choice you make further tempers the iron will that allowed you to found this nation. The hardships only serve to make you stronger. " Animum said softly, not wanting their conversation to be overheard by the odd passerby in this portion of the military grounds. After she spoke she once more allowed silence to lapse between them.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:57 am

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

"You forget, you shall not always be around. The failure of every empire and great nation, was it not being prepared for the passing of one generation to another. I intend to set the example, by trusting the next."

The man conveyed to her, the feeling of the hand on his shoulder was not a bad one. In fact it was appreciated as he took a deep breath before looking around. It was quite the sight, all that he had accomplished. Before ultimately he settled his gaze back onto his ally, someone that would surely prove to be useful in everything that was coming to pass.

"The weight of command is high, but I believe I shall rise to the occassion."

Such was what he believed before ultimately placing his hands behind his back, for the moment becoming stuck in his thoughts. It was not the matters of goverance which made him cautious, but the matters of the heart. Of life. Of all that he had yet to experience and perhaps will never experience. He was but a mortal, given immortality, yet retained enough humanity to struggle against what called hopeless odds.

"Truth be told, I wish to know; did I give you purpose? Have I done right by you, as your king? I think if you have answers to those questions my purpose will be fulfilled."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum