Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Scars Left_bar_bleue101000/99999999Scars Empty_bar_bleue  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

Scars Empty Scars

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:34 am

Scars Os4pQd9

Law

Artist: YYH OST - Song: N/A - Word Count: N/A

It was a snowy day in Karakura Central, and Law had decided to take a break from the usual routine of fucking around to explore the city a bit. He enjoyed being out in the snow, it had a certain feeling to it, especially when he could manage to be alone. Unfortunately, the city seemed to be more active than usual today, even in his favorite locations, and so he ventured further than he normally did. He'd lived here for a long time, so of course he'd seen everything the city had to offer, but there were some places he didn't visit as frequently as he did others, and it looked like today was a day to do a bit of traveling down memory lane. As he neared the building he'd died in, Law noticed a dark haired woman sitting against the wall, snow falling around her. It was the same wall he'd leaned against all those years ago, hole in the center of his chest, cigarette hanging out of his mouth, and rain falling around him in a final sendoff. All in all, it had been a pretty alright death. He wouldn't want to try it again though.

The coincidence was just to much for him, so he decided to approach her and find out what exactly it was she was doing here. As he walked up to her he could see that she was starring at the scars that lined her hands and forearms. Seemed like she'd seen her fair share of combat. When he was near enough to reasonably begin to speak, he pointed to a dark spot of the wall directly to her right, and began to do so.

"That's the stain from my death. Mind if I catch a seat next to you?"

He didn't wait for an answer, and simply plopped down directly on the same spot where he'd been all those years ago, pulled a cigarette from his pocket, and lit it.

"What brings ya here?"

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
lionus
lionus

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Scars Left_bar_bleue10/100Scars Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)
Tiers:

Scars Empty Re: Scars

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:03 am
Melissa Lionus

THE LITTLE LION

I. Scars

Her mind often wandered, it felt so surreal to be back within this place, her life seemed to shift and change from so long ago. The years she spent here the paths she took to try and erase the shit she endured, the things she did. But now she was here, the past seemed like it had just washed away, it didn't matter anymore, it never really did. The girls mind had been a mess for years but now just standing among the bustling streets of Karakura it seemed slightly clearer. The roads taken through her life had purpose but no matter the purpose it all lead her to the same point, she could avoid that reality or she could come to terms with it, and seemingly acceptance wasn't her strongest feature ... but she was willing to try.

She never liked to be alone, loneliness built out of necessity but never desire. These streets made her a little happier, the presence of people meant she wasn't forgotten, she wasn't gone. As she leaned against this wall it honestly felt like she had a hole within the center of her chest an empty place that she had to live with forever. The snow fell around her as she stare to her hands, the scars buried in them brought nothing but memories she wanted to be rid of, after all everything she did helped others but they also reminded her she couldn't help herself.

Her eyes flicked towards the voice as she hear it approach, her cold demeanor was abrupt but she never really knew how to switch it off. The hands where the first thing she noticed, it was odd to think about, here she was marked by her past unwillingly and he stood there the ink staining his hands marking them by his choice, she envied that. This dark haired man had an interesting air about him, confident and capable. Thus as his words came out a cigarette taking its place in his mouth as he moved she could only shrug gesturing to the spot he remarked about.

"Cool... mines in Russia, though it doesn't really live up to the hype, didn't really achieve its purpose i guess."

Her words came forth bluntly, almost serious in tone, overly calm for such an odd situation. She couldn't help but look over this person as he lit his smoke, the wafts of it coming to her reminded her of the old cabin her mother took her too, a memory she hated but loved at the same time. She knew she was never a social butterfly, these situations were just an occurrence she sat through waiting for the other person to leave, despite her not wanting them too they always did, after they'd had enough of her shit. She could try to maintain a smile and a happy attitude but why should she lie? she was cold, she was blunt ... she was her.

"It's home i guess, or some shit like that. i like this spot by the way .... could be worse places to die i think."

It was hard to think about, the past she had here. Truth was that by now it was probably all gone, nothing stays the same forever she supposed but it was a hard reality to face. Karakura seemed less like her home and more like a beginning she wasn't exactly ready to face. And as the cold took this place her eyes stared to the white remembering everything that had come with it previously... she truly wondered if she could ever outrun it, at this point facing it just seemed pointless.

"I fucking hate the snow."

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Scars M9rTQZk

Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:30 am

Scars Os4pQd9

Law

Law couldn't help but become more interested in this woman as she spoke. There was no haughty air around her like was so often the case with many of the women he'd dealt with. It was incredibly refreshing, if he was being honest. She was a bit blunt, not exactly the most welcoming, but wasn't he the same? He listened to her as she spoke, actually interested in what she had to say.

"Oh? Just mostly dead then, I suppose."

He wasn't sure if a joke about someone else's near death experience was something that usually went over well, but it wasn't like he actually gave a fuck. Law had always been one to speak his mind, and when he had a thought he expressed it, regardless of what others would think about it, or about him.

"Yeah, it wasn't the worst. Rather not try it out again, if I'm being honest. The pain wasn't too bad after a while, but the cold was. My cigarette kept getting rained on too, that was a fuckin bummer. If you don't like the snow, well..."

With a flourish of his hand Law activated his Room, the snow that had been falling on them now being directed away with great efficiency. This wasn't normally something that he would use his ability for, but he liked this chick for some reason. It felt like they had a similar mindset. That wasn't something he'd ever really come across before.

"You seem to have been all over the place. Russia, Japan, a real globetrotter huh? Seems like you've been in a lot of fights as well. I noticed you looking at those scars."

He pointed to her hands and arms as he said this.

"Do you like them?"

He already had the suspicion that she didn't, but he felt it was best to ask before he actually took any action based on an assumption.

Coding in Template By:
lionus
lionus

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 14, 2020 1:18 am
Melissa Lionus

THE LITTLE LION

II. Scars

Mel was a person that had oftentimes questioned where life was leading her, and it constantly surprised her. She found herself within this situation questioning the way it all had unfolded, all the choices that lead her here, the chances of all this happening were always in flux all that needed to change was a simple shift in where she stood. But she was glad that she was here, glad that everything lead her back. Her eyes shifted to the man as he spoke, a small and short laugh exclaimed forth at his joke, truth was he didn't know how correct he was ... "mostly dead."

She listened as he spoke of his own passing, she watched the man speak but even she felt like she wasn't really listening. Platitudes and niceties of socialization, she didn't know how to understand what he went through, she wouldn't pretend to understand, all she'd do was offer a nod to acknowledge it. The man followed his statement with a flourish releasing his ability leaving the two free from the snow that surrounded them. It was an interesting sight, she found herself moving to the edge of this area reaching out just before the edge of this "room" a small layer of air dissociating her from the world outside, It was like being in a reverse snow globe and without her own knowledge her words came forth.

"Beautiful."

Mels attention would stay firmly planted upon this phenomenon as the man behind her spoke, her gaze staring to the sky as the snow fell but never reached her. But as the man started to bring forth questions the world seemed to begin moving again, everything seemed no longer to sit still ... but for that moment, it was truly peaceful.

The scars that littered her body, coated her hands and arms, often she found herself wanting to be rid of them, rid of all the memories. But it was an odd thought of a life without them anymore. It would never go away, marks could fade or be healed but she was never free of what was there. her hands raised running along the opposite arm, every small mark and bump being traced her eyes darting to Laws as she simply stared in silence for a few moments, almost contemplating about his question. Her black hair contrasting the white behind her, the girl touched by snow that desperately wanted to be free of it. Her words came forth blunt and simple, practical ... real.

"I don't give a fuck about them, pride is for fucking idiots, it gets you killed."

Scars M9rTQZk

Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 25, 2020 12:18 pm

Scars Os4pQd9

Law

Law watched curiously as the woman approached the edge of his room. She seemed to be quite interested in it, or so he gathered. He was glad she recognized the intricacy of the ability, most people never stopped to think about it, let alone inspect it up close. It told him something about the way they viewed the world. Letting things occur around them, never really appreciating them, sometimes not even noticing the change. It was why he hated them. Useless ignoramuses drifting through life, without a care in the world. They gave no thought to their situation, had no deeper understanding of what they were doing or why they were doing it than "because I want to". They were lacking the essence of what made one whole. It disgusted him.

He was glad to see that the woman in front of him was different. He'd known it from the moment he'd seen her, but to see it was something else entirely. He took another long drag from his cigarette as he listened to her speak. She certainly said exactly what she though. After a moment's pause, he responded.

"I can attest to that, I guess. My own pride definitely played a part in my death. I don't know if I would say I was an idiot though."

Law stroked the wispy beard that adorned his chin with his thumb and index finger, as if in deep though.

"An idiotic move, perhaps, but I wouldn't say I was an idiot. Young and lacking wisdom, yes, but the intelligence was definitely there. I just didn't use it properly. I suppose I still don't use it as wisely as I could, even now. Although these days I do tend to plan things out more thoroughly."

He stopped speaking for a moment, as he thought about the past. It wasn't something he did frequently. It was only really useful to relive something when you still had lessons to learn from it. He'd gleaned all he could from the circumstances of his death long ago. Perhaps it was the fact that he was standing here that caused him to ponder it once more. After a second he spoke once more.

"I'm Law, by the way. And you are?"

He wasn't really sure why he cared, but it wasn't every day that you encountered someone who was as unique as this chick was. He figured he might as well see where he could go with this interaction.

Coding in Template By:
lionus
lionus

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:37 pm
Melissa Lionus

THE LITTLE LION

III. Scars

It was an odd feeling being watched, she knew that he still there but never the less she just continued to stare out at this world. Coalescing snow hit the pavement below as it almost seemed like the sky itself was falling. buildings streched to the summit of the sky rising through as if they were attempting to pierce the heavens themselves, how small they seemed in comparison. His words came forth speaking of his own past experiences but the coldness that she presented was all to obvious upon her face, perhaps it could be misconstrued as disinterest but the truth was this was simply her. She never meant to be like this however the scars of her past shaped who she was, changed everything about her, she would never be the person that would sit there with a smile on her face while someone talk to her. However the truth of this girl lay within her eyes she was following every word the man stated clinging to them, wanting to know more or perhaps just appreciating the company.

"Im glad your not an idiot. I'm Mell"

Her feet shuffled beneath her, pushing the snow from the ground around her, the white canvas that surrounded them was a destinct reminder of change soon this thin sheet of ice would turn to water, then evaporate then become rain, the cycles that pushed this world were forever in motion ... so how was it that it almost felt like time has ceased for her, ever since she was little it felt like this. And in this moment something felt different, the world around them still moving but this small place seemed to be free of the shifting weight of it all.

she found herself staring at the man unsure what to think, he talked alot but it retrospect compaired to her that could simply mean he was open enought to talk. her cold eyes stare in silence digging into this man almost looking for something. The quiet was palpable she was never good at conversing with others so simply she stood here doing what she always did, looking through the words. Her eyes scanned him the tatoos a part of the man she did envy but beyond that there was so much more... something hiding, behined his eyes. And as she made direct eye contact with the smoking man it was piercing and cold dark and unnatural, many where off put by her stare but the truth was she couldnt help it.

"... i can't read you, thats fucking annoying."

The words she stated harborded no aggression or irritation, hell it had no real emotion attached whatsoever, but even still the statement was clear. The man had no care or concern in his eyes... he had no purpose here than simply to be. She moved back beside the man retaking her place against the wall balling her hands together as she warm them with her breath. her eyes returning to the city beyond.

Scars M9rTQZk

Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:14 am

Scars Os4pQd9

Law

Law paused for a moment before responding. Something about the way she spoke continued to catch him off guard, even though she didn't say much at any one time.

"I'm glad I'm not an idiot as well... Nice to meet you Mel."

He watched as she shuffled about somewhat awkwardly, although it didn't quite seem awkward when she did it. She seemed to be uncomfortable to some degree, but he didn't think that it had anything to do with his own presence. She kind of gave off the vibe of being uncomfortable in general. As she looked into his eyes, he returned the stare. He wasn't quite sure what prompted him to do so, but he wasn't one to back down from a challenge, so why start now. As he stared into the deep black of her eyes, the slate grey of his own remained unchanging. He kept this up until she eventually spoke, and moved to stand beside him once more.

"Yeah... I'm not easy to read. There's a lot going on up there. More than most would care to understand, and some of it's kinda fucked up, if I'm being honest."

He paused, and thought about what he was going to say next for a few moments, which was not something that he generally did. Still, it felt appropriate here, as this was someone who he didn't consider normal, no positive or negative connotations attached. She was simply different, and he found that interesting, and because he found her interesting, he would prefer to keep talking to her. This was the sort of logical process that went on inside of his head as he pondered his next words.

"We kind of look like weirdos standing here against a wall in an alleyway. I'll treat you to a meal. I know a nice place that isn't far from here, and at the very least, it's warmer inside that it is out here."

He didn't quite ask so much as state his intention, but it wasn't as if he'd force her to accompany him if she weren't so inclined, so he saw no real problem with this. In fact, he found it to be the better approach more times than not.

Coding in Template By:
lionus
lionus

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:45 pm
Melissa Lionus

THE LITTLE LION

IV. Scars

Her eyes cut through the mans own as she stare to him. The words he spoke were long but seemed to convey more and more about the man as he stated each word, he was an odd soul he seemed to show a lack of emotions yet his speech had a littany of his thoughts and expressed more than expected. The words were simple but it resulted in him explaining his own analytical side and others lack of understanfing, even the underlying things going on within his head. He was straightforward this was true but everything about him was unconventional.

From the way he took her stare as a challenge back to her own to expressing as he had to a random stranger, even showing his ability... he was wrong in so many ways, yet mel didnt feel worried or concerned about the man. Something about Law simply felt different.

She could already tell the man was taking his time analyzing the situation, contemplating his every move. She had seen this exact thing so many times before, calculative response, figuring out exactly how to get from point A to point B. The funny thing was it was an uneccesary tactic, for as his words came out a slight smirk would be on her face a small chuckle under her breath as he stated what she expected. The truth was, she was already content to keep learning more about this man and was willing to put forth the same offer he did, he just said it first.

"You want me to follow you to a second location? fuck it why not."

Her feet began moving before she had even finished talking. her hands retreating to her pockets as her blank stare faced towards the end of the alleyway. Her head didnt turn back despite not knowing her detination, her back turned to the man continuing forward with no concern for what was next.

"Come on then don't take fucking forever thinking about it."

Scars M9rTQZk

Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:59 pm

Scars Os4pQd9

Law

Law hadn't exactly expected her to react the way she had. He had expected her to agree, but he hadn't expected her to immediately begin moving. Especially considering he was the one who had the destination in mind. He stood still for a moment, rasing one eyebrow as he watched her take her first few steps. After she spoke, he began to pick up his own stride, reaching her side rather quickly. He began to think to himself "this chick is somethin else". He wasn't wrong.

They walked side by side for a few minutes on their way to the restaurant. During this time Law didn't speak too frequently, but he did keep up the occasional comment in passing. Eventually, they arrived. The sign above the door was in English, instead of the usual Japanese, and read "Southern Kitchen". Law had discovered this particular restaurant a few years back, and had always enjoyed its food as well as its atmosphere. He opened the door, and gestured for Mel to move inside first.

As they entered, the intoxicating aroma of the food reached Law's nostrils. Fried Chicken, Collared Greens, Corn Bread, Chicken and Dumplings, Mashed Potatoes. Everything here was the food of gods, and he didn't waste a second gettting them a table. He told the man seating them to give them a spot in the back, and that he wasn't interested in being bothered by other customers or the general hustle and bustle. The man told him that wouldn't be a problem, and immediately led them to a table that was not entirely removed, but distant enough that there would be some peace and quiet, which Law appreciated. After he sat, Law began to speak. The menu had not yet arrived, so there was a bit of downtime.

"So, what do you think of this place so far?"

Coding in Template By:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum