Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Left_bar_bleue174500/99999My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Empty My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you;

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:12 am

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; 6EdIfMt

It was strange how one little choice could set your life on a drastically different path.

The king of Vastime was gone for today, replaced by a man more simply known as Desmond. Rarely seen in the world but one might argue equally important, one who was perhaps enjoying his final moments on the earth. There was no telling what awaited the man in the great beyond, that perhaps he was leaving a legacy behind no one could match. But it was a leap of faith, a belief that there where worthy men and women who could uphold the mantle of Vastime. Yet, today is not that story. Today is a different story, one focused on a man and a woman.

A callous hand turned into a fist knocking softly on the door to the residence of Abalia, the sound heavy as it vibrated upon the thick walls of the residence. For the briefest of moments his eyes seemed to go to the long corridor of her hallway which led up to the stairs. Perhaps in his emotional state he was applying non-existent qualities to things, but he couldn't help but mirror his life with that of a staircase. It was a long journey, step after step rising him higher and higher. But now as he stood at the height of his life, of his power, there was one final barrier in his way. A door, a door up until this point he refused to open.

And he had the choice to walk away, to leave a parting note, or to steel his nerves for one last grandiose act. All where equally valid choices for the man, a choice he had earned time and time again but yet there was truly on choice. The weight of his coat pocket seemed heavy, filled with a letter which had been carefully written a day ago. It was his heart, his soul, made incarnate in ink and paper written for a woman who his affections for transcended words. In one final fate sealing decision, he had decided tonight he would hand them this letter— and speak to her three words which consumed his waking being.

Thus, emerald eyes which had been set on the stairs turned to the door. Awaiting, quietly, for the woman he knew would answer. She, who would always answer. Abalia. Abalia.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; JfH75kA
My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; H8Tyk70
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Left_bar_bleue16000/1My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Empty Re: My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you;

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:30 am

ABALIA

Artist: Turnabout Jazz Soul - Song: Steel Samurai

There were only a small handful of people who would knock at Abalia's door at this time of night. But there was only one of them who would knock in such a way, and so she took a brief moment to change from her baking attire into her uniform. If she was to meet with her king, it would be wrong of her to do so in such casual clothing. She tied her hair, straightened herself out, and went to the door, opening it with a straight face.

“Your highness. What brings you here this evening?”

She already could tell that there was a great deal of weight pressing upon the king, but she said not a word about such a thing. It was not her place in this sort of situation to simply bring it upon him. If he wished to speak about it, he would surely do so, and she very much expected that he did. So she stepped aside, gesturing in and opening the door just a touch wider.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Left_bar_bleue174500/99999My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Empty Re: My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you;

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:54 am

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

"Desmond. It's Desmond tonight."

His answer was quick, an uncharacteristic softness to it. There where few times he permitted someone to call him by his first name, an naturally intimate act for him. A sore spot in his history, a reminder of a past. But he'd step inside following where ever she so decided, sitting where she may offer. Her uniform was not absent in his mind, he understood why she wore it.

He wish she didn't.

But he'd remain quiet only for a moment, his eyes briefly going around the room a familiar landscape to when he last visited. Despite the two being such a short distance away, he felt further. But that was not here, nor there as he tried to collect his words for her. What was a man to say when confronted by this monumental task, other than to get to business.

"The war approaches like hounds at our heels, and with that I have taken every last precaution to leave a foundation should I be embraced by a warm immortality. I have three letters currently.." He'd reach within his coat inner jacket holding them tightly for a moment, feeling like lead weights within his hand. "I had planned for all three to be sent upon my death, two to be made publicly. A tribute to my mother and father, of which I'd like to be committed to the public."

He'd allow his voice to fade now, placing the two letters on her table. The last letter was held more closely to his chest, callous fingers holding it tightly. There was a weight to it, a visible one as he held it. A slightly present A which she could see not obscured by his chest. But finally he spoke, slowly extending his hand.

"This is where, Desmond shows more than 'his highness.' I speak a lot, when, I do not know if I'm making— when I— Perhaps I should get to business." He'd clear his throat, shifting forward leaning on the front edge of his seat. Awaiting for her to take the letter he spoke.

"I have spent many nights pondering how to deliver this, I briefly toy'd with the idea of having this letter delivered should I meet my immortal demise. But, I have come to realize, I do not want my last memory to you have been one of cowardice. That I have always met my challenges, and my failures, with my front to them prepare for anything. I would be a lesser man, undeserving of your praise, if I did not give this to you and allow you to read it. So please, allow me to stop my ramblings, Abalia. And read this."

He'd close his eyes briefly, emerald hues hidden behind darkness. Before slowly he opened them once more, his gaze focusing on the entirety of her. He did not falter in his gaze, he did not meek in her presence for that was not who he was. For all his faults, and all his virtues, it was the brief glimpse of her which brought steel to his heart.

He was prepared, there was no going back.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Left_bar_bleue16000/1My heart, in all it's pieces, will forever love you; Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:25 am

ABALIA

Abalia, of course, let the king sit wherever he may. It was not her place to direct him. Yet, as she listened, it was clear that even her own judgement on the weight that lay upon him tonight had been incorrect. She expected him to have been in pain, but his words on mortality, on the war soon to come, gave her some pause. It seemed even she was wrong now and again.

She nodded as he handed her the letter, unsure of what to say to him. As she inspected it, she suspected that she knew all too well what was inside. A part of her wished not to open it, for the sake of propriety. This was a topic she had not broached with Hayden even once, for she knew that it could have harmed him far more than she ever wished to do to her king. But now, he had been the one to bring it to her. She could not turn him away, for he was the king. And so with a heaviness in her hand, the silver-haired maiden of Vastime opened the letter, and read its every word closely.

“...my dearest...”

Abalia was a woman who knew well the etiquette of letters. She knew fully the weight of even those two words. She knew moreso that her king was not the kind of man who often put such level of thought into his words. It was a good trait, one that made him a good king. He did not mince words as she did. But that was the difference in their positions, or one of many. It stood out to her, even nagged at her. Try as she might, those red eyes trailed back to those two words more than once. She could not but hope that it had simply been a misunderstanding on Hayden's part.

It was a foolhardy notion for her to even think such a thing. Every word that she read of this letter was as if pumping ice water into her veins. She had known that he felt this way about her. She had never once addressed it, for she had simply considered it something that might pass with time. But as she took in what her king had so obviously labored over, to put these words to paper, it was clear just to what extent his feelings for her eclipsed anything Abalia had envisioned they might be. Such words of praise that she knew he could never speak in dishonesty, and which she felt almost ashamed to see now attributed to her, caused her something near physical in its painfulness.

The face of divinity.

The best of women.

Yet, above all else, there was one word which caused her the most pause, to which she forced herself not to wince as she saw it, as it echoed in her mind and her soul.

Love.

In truth, it took Abalia mere moments to read the letter to its every faintest detail. But she stood in silence for several minutes, staring at it, running through it again and again, taking in its every word so that she could truly weigh it, to determine what she might say to him in the face of an admission of this level. Even now, she noted idly, she did not think much of herself, how she felt about it. She would not have, normally, but for her king, and in these circumstances, she forced herself to do so.

And she did not much like what she saw.

“...You must give me a moment, to collect my thoughts.”

Abalia Sesshouin did not lie. She did not believe in deceit. But in this moment, she had lied to the one man she respected the most in this world. Her thoughts were collected long ago, but she simply could not bring herself to speak them so quickly. For his sake, she wished to convey so much more than her words ever could. For the truth of the matter was that Abalia knew all too well exactly how she felt about this letter, and its weight was so severe that Abalia felt it would tear her in two.

A void in her chest greater than even the vacuum of space sat heavy in Abalia's heart as that very thought constantly repeated itself in her mind. She tried in vain to push it away, to fill it with even a single, faint drop of emotion. To feel sadness, to feel joy, to feel anything at all for the king who had professed such love for her that she truly could not comprehend it. But all that her soul held was simply a blackness she could not escape. Words Ulv had spoken to her long ago filled her mind once again, haunting her like a specter she could not escape.

Just Abalia.

Just who you want to be.

If she were a more emotional woman, she might well have screamed. But instead, Abalia's grip on the letter simply tightened just a touch. The faintest mist of tears formed in her eyes, but not one fell. It was, to those few who knew her, the most emotion she could ever show. But she did not feel it for the letter she had read, nor the feelings she could not return. Such emotion came instead from a far greater pain. That Hayden had poured his heart into this letter, that the vastness of what he felt for her was so overwhelming as to shock her.

And yet she felt nothing at all.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:58 am

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

There was a surprising grace to her features as she poured over the words again and again. He could not describe the emotion as he watched wordlessly, but as the gears within his head started to turn there was an undeniable truth to it all. She did not love him, as he loved her. And yet as the world shattering revelation seemed to become finally in the clear his shoulders would relax, the tension in his body seeming disappearing as a release of stress dissipated from within him.

The emerald eyes of Desmond seemed to just watch her, listening to her when she spoke of how she needed to collect her thoughts. He knew this was a lie. For in all his years of knowing her, in all their talks and all the reports of her actions there was never a pause in her actions. Abalia, did not stutter. Abalia, always was prepared. Articulate and meticulous in what she did there was no hiding that. Perhaps if it was a lesser man more concerned with the worldly pleasures provided, but this was a man who well and truly in some capacity understood her. One who, by design, had fallen into the tragic tidings of love.

Thus he'd stand slowly, his body holding a assertive grace to his form. For a moment he didn't notice the ever soft pitter-patter of rain striking the window. The distant sound of thunder as the clouds wept, as if some foreign god themselves began to shed tears on the tragedy which was happening. But for Desmond, there was a supreme calmness to this a weight which seemed lifted as he took a single step to her. Perhaps he had stepped closer than what was normally respectable, and certain close enough to violate some type of royal law.

"I have known you for long enough that you always have your thoughts collect, a sharp mind and tongue. A wit, which I outlined with the utmost detail my uncouth hands could muster."

He did not assert she lied, he did not have to. There was no point in speaking something they both knew, his eyes spoke it all. Emerald hues which seemed not to reflect a hatred, disdain, or upsetness but one which held a spark of relief. An affection which ran deep, now unburdened and displayed to her. This was ok. She read the letter, and his words may never change her.

But, these would be the words spoken to her. Perhaps in some years time they shall find a dusty tome detailing this conversation from the his perspective, or her own. Perhaps they will write of the great tragedy which they might regard this as. Yet, in his own vibrant eyes so keenly aware of the woman in front of him none of that mattered.

"I am not.. dismay'd. I understood the outcome. I accepted it, Abalia, long ago. But now I must use my words, speaking in their finality of which that letter could never do." There was a lowness to his voice, as his hand tentatively lifted stopping half-way rising. "They will call me a fool, for having done this. But I say to you, and to them, that there will never be another woman who holds my affections as near. That ultimately, regardless of the outcome, I shall always hold that opinion of them."

The man seemed to stop for the moment his head turning to gaze outside of the window, the softness of the rain almost too fitting. The faint sound of music, a soft piano tune, seemed to be distant in his ears. Perhaps simply his imagination. But as he turned his hue's back onto her, he'd place his hand upon their cheek in the first real level of intimate contact he'd ever have with her. The corner of his lips tugging into a smile, the mere sight of her brought a happiness to him.

"Of all the terrible events I have suffered, I would not rate this as one. Do not weep. I.. wish I could inspire hope in you. But I have learned, from our mutual friend, action is your hope. So perhaps in my actions of coming here, of speaking to you, I will plant the seed of something I may never get to see."

The man thumb seemed to caress alongside her cheek, the room silent. Disturbed by only a distant crack of thunder, and the constant theme of rain.

"From my lips, and my lips alone, my last wish is for you to hear this: I love you, Abalia. And I shall love you until my dying breath."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:59 am

ABALIA

There was something akin to a gong in Abalia's soul as those three words left Hayden's lips. Like a bell being rung, a hollowness within her that she tried with all her might to stamp out. Yet it would not go away, no matter how much she tried. Desperately, she clawed toward anything in her mind that seemed like it might be even the faintest regret, or despair, or anything at all.

But it was all in vain.

Abalia normally could not have stood a hand touching her. Even her king was not someone she wished to have much physical contact with. She was distant from others in that sense, and it was the reason she always wore gloves. But she could not bring herself to take herself away, to step back, to remove his hand. She did bring hers to his wrist, and yet it simply lay there, holding it but unable to push him away. She could not hurt him more than she already had.

“...Thank you.”

It was all that she could say to him, in the end. There was so much more she might have wanted to know, so many questions she could have asked. Even a faint number of questions of duty wandered into her mind, but none of those things mattered to Abalia in this moment. This was a man who had given her nearly everything that she was. Her life would not be the same without him, and yet she could not return even the most basic of human emotions. Why? She was not sure.

She was quiet, for a good while, as she contemplated that question. She had no more words to speak, not that she thought were worth burdening him with. His wrist was released, and her arms hung at her side in what almost seemed to be defeat. But that was not enough for her. Words could not express all that he meant to her, even if it was not so much as one iota of what she meant to him. Even so, she wished for him to understand however she might.

One glove went away, dropped to the floor. The other soon followed it. It felt strange to her, to do such a thing. But in this moment strangeness was scarcely relevant to Abalia. She stared into Hayden's eyes for a long while, and she noted that, even with everything that he was, so much more than a mere man, they seemed so much more human than her own.

That was good.

She took one step forward, and wrapped her arms around Desmond. He was not her king in this moment. He was her friend.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:24 pm

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

He didn't understand the foreign gestures she was doing for a moment, the removal of her gloves was never an action he had seen nor fathom'd. But as she did so, his green hue's seemed to stare back into her own. He could see she was searching for something within his own, and perhaps she found it. For the next action she took seemed to be entirely driven by her own desires, a completely selfless or selfish action that he couldn't decide which. A step forward, follow'd by a hug which caused him to do a sharp intake of breath.

The profoundness of the moment was not lost upon him, his mind running a million miles per hour as her arms wrapped around his torso. His body temporarily frozen as he came to terms with the action she did, the soft rising of his chest was felt. But now that she was pressed to his chest she would feel the thrumming of his heart, beating steadily and quickening in pace. A heart which she knew beat for the nation he— they made. In that moment his arms rose softly finding themselves around her, bronze arms tanned with scars from a lifetime seemed to wrap around her slowly. Tightening enough to commit this moment to memory, a memory that not even a thousand lifetimes would ever vaporize.

He held her there, silently, for who knows how long. He did not wish to let go, to ever let go of this moment. A shaky breath was inhaled his figure only bent ever so slightly due to their height difference, before finally he spoke. A voice which was his own, but hushed and tinted with far too many emotions to fully understand.

"If there has ever been one common trait between life, death, and love; dearest Abalia, it is that it does not discriminate between us sinners and saints."

For all his strengths and faults he had perhaps fallen in love with a woman who could potentially never return those feelings, but that was not his tragedy to claim. It was her own, and perhaps the sole reason that as he held her he resolved himself to face the truth of the matter. Every flirtation, every wayward look, was not his attempts at finding a partner— it was his attempt to push these feelings away. And despite it all, despite how foolish he was being he could not. This was not a choice on his part, to love this woman, it was a feeling so deeply interwoven into his heart that he purpose had slowly began to change over time.

The heart which beat for Vastime, had changed. It now thrummed with reckless abandonment for a woman, and if he was to perhaps find peace before his timely demise, he would need to reconcile the two. But there was the question of, what if he survived? What then? Does he go about his days as if this never happened, do they return to business? As much as they both might hope for that, in his heart of hearts he knew things would never be the same. Not tonight, and not ever again.

He closed his eyes his face contorting into something like pain, a heavy breath being taken.

"I believe, I had no choice in this matter. If it was destiny, or perhaps, a feeling which I could never shake. But I choose to pursue it. I choose to be here. I choose to, gods be damned, to try."

The man would pull back ever so slightly, if only to look at her in those sharp eyes. This, perhaps, would be his most human and beautiful act. But the greatest foolserrand of his life. But that it seemed impossible, to this man, was not a reason to strive. He had came into this night with the intentions of baring his soul and leaving, to accept the reality had given him. But as the night progressed, as everything began to change he could only bring his hand to brush a stray piece of hair from her face. Someone like her should never have a single piece of hair out of place, immaculate and unwavering. But in this moment, that facade was breaking. His hand didn't move once it moved the hair.

He saw the humanity within her, or perhaps it was his imagination. But it was enough, it was a spark that consumed now his every waking moment in a inferno.

"If there is a reason, why I am here, when so many have tried. The gods be damned, I'm willing to wait for it. I will never, love someone as I love you. Even as I walk towards my inevitable demise, I have done the impossible all through my life... what is one more?"

Indeed. Even as his eyes seemed to become misty, a heaviness to them. Not because of an overwhelming sadness but just how raw he felt. An emotional vulnerability to him that had been buried so deeply, that she was only one who saw it with no strings attached. If there ever was a man who had braved the impossible, who sought what others deigned as unobtainable, it was he. That it was impossible, was not a justification to stop. It would never be.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:20 pm

ABALIA

Abalia could not begin to describe the agony that filled her as she still yet felt so little for this moment. She understood fully, on an intellectual level, what it was that he felt. What it was that she should have felt. But all of it would not come to her in any more than this embrace. She did not hate it. Perhaps that, in itself, spoke volumes more than any amount of fondness might have.

She hung on his every word carefully, with perhaps a greater attention than she had ever given before. It astounded her in the very depths of her soul the extent of what he was willing to do for her. She could understand it, and yet something about it still managed to shake her. It was difficult even for her to explain. She simply could not understand, she supposed. Abalia Sesshouin did not understand the hearts of men.

Yet, did she not try even so? Did she not work her very hardest to be everything she could, for everyone who needed her? She sought to help in all ways, and in this moment she had known that this embrace was everything Desmond needed. She had undertaken the action without so much as a second thought, and she knew that though it was so much less than he deserved, the King of Vastime would hold this single moment in greater esteem than any other.

It was for that reason that she could not simply let this be enough.

She lived her life for the good of others, but always she had kept those people at an arm’s distance. She understood what those she called friends had told her. The life Abalia lived in this way was incredibly lonely, and that was okay with her. It did not upset her. But now, here, she saw- no, she knew that such an impersonal approach to her life was a detriment even to her own goals. To bring happiness to all those who deserved it, to see them smile and to give them a life they deserved, to grant them everything that she, in her life, had never once held. It was that thought, marked against Desmond's own words, that stood out to her.

“...You are a brave man. One that I admire more than any other. You see that which you hold to be impossible, and still you pursue it. I can never be the same way. I seek only those things I know can be achieved. I wish only for a world I know I can create. Yet it is you who have sought so much more than I. The whole of the world is not outside your grasp. To seek the impossible… That is something I want to do.”

Abalia may never have felt anything in her life. It was wholly possible that, even in a thousand years, nothing would ever bring any more emotion into her heart than this faintest of griefs. But she could only ever live in a manner that Desmond could be proud of. That Vastime could be proud of. And so she looked inward, for this briefest of moments. She knew what it was that she held to be truly impossible. If nothing changed, then so be it. But if they did, then this course of action, she suspected, would be inevitable.

For the second time, Abalia hesitated. It was not out of embarrassment, but rather her own tentative nature. She saw the life that all wished for her to be impossible. But she then thought of the happiness she might well bring into the world with this single action. She thought of a future that she may well, in the end, never see. But such an everdistant utopia was the embodiment of all she held true. All that they held true. And so with absolute conviction in Abalia’s voice, she spoke merely three words to the man she held in her arms. They were, perhaps, the closest to a command she would ever give him.

”Marry me, Desmond.”

It was not merely for his sake that she spoke them, but for that impossible dream she now sought. Even if she never did feel love, there was none else in this world that she would wish to feel it for. This was what Abalia now held for herself, not for anyone else in the world but Abalia. A single modest dream, to feel something that perhaps she never could. And as her arms held Desmond just a touch tighter, her lips turned upward ever so slightly. It was subtle, even more so than her tears had been. To most it may have seemed nothing more than a neutral face, one she wore every day. But there was only one person in this room to see it, and he would most assuredly know it at even the slightest of glances.

Abalia Sesshouin was smiling.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:02 am

KING OF VASTIME

DESMOND HAYDEN

In all the infinite realities of the world, of all the designs that had been made, never had one expected something like this. Authors will spend eons writing epic tales, weaving words and letters together in a way to describe the scene before the audience. But they would need to understand the two years these two had spent together, the quiet feeling which the man held to his heart for so long— the effect of their mutual friend, and the woman's own personal struggles. In truth, it could not be put into words to fully explain the beauty and marvel of this. Only those who knew these two, would understand the epic which had just been composed with three words from her.

Thus, Desmond would be caught wordless for a moment. No not a moment, for what felt like eternity. That had not been what he expected to hear, not what he had come to know of her. As he stood close to her, emerald hues widening and shaking ever so slightly as the rain outside seemed to grow silent to him. The world became endless, motionless, to him. As he could only stare within her own eyes, his heart thrumming wildly so much that his arms seemed to shake from it all. His arms had never moved, still holding her with an affection that transcended his being. With three simple words she had consumed his entire waking being, turning him into a man stunned to silence.

He wondered briefly if this was some sort of consolation prize, some type of selfless action that he knew she would no doubt perform. But as he stared back into those eyes seeking for any sign of deception, anything to confirm his beliefs he found nothing. Instead, he saw it. The brief glimmer of a dream, of something which was not solely for his benefit but for her own. A dream, that perhaps he didn't know or entirely understand but one which he could be apart of. And that was enough. That was more than enough for him, to be apart of this story, her story.

Callous fingers seemed to tentatively remove themselves from her hair sliding down to rest against her cheek. A tear seemed to form before it slid down his cheek, dropping down onto the floor as a smile began to form on his surprised face.

"I.."

The man seemed to speak hoarsely, stopping as he became overwhelmed for a moment. Before steadying himself, and his voice.

"I don't pretend to know, everything which goes inside your head, the challenges you face. But, I'm not afraid of it. I know who you are. If I could, somehow ease that, be apart of your story. That would be enough. Let this moment, be the first chapter where out stories become one."

He'd close his eyes. Is this how his father felt when he met his mother, was this what it all felt like? Is that the future his mother wished for him? In his mind, he had found it. That in this moment that had been building for more than two years these two people where finding something in one and another. He didn't claim to be the answer to all her problems, nor did he know all of them. But he was not afraid to struggle beside her, to find those answers. If this, this action, could lead to her dreams being realized then he would say yes a million times. He'd speak it to the point where he lost his voice, till his vocal cords became dust, and he was but a mute.

"Yes. I will marry you."

It was not an answer, but a reaffirmation. Did he truly need to say anything on that? Of course not, but as he watched the faint smile on her lips his smile could only grow.

"I wish to kiss, my fiancee. My queen. May I?"

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:23 am

ABALIA

Abalia did not like seeing even that single tear come from Hayden's eyes. It almost surprised her the extent to which she was displeased by it. It was not so much an emotional reaction as it simply was a very primal idea that it was not good. So she pulled a handkerchief from her breast pocket, and wiped the trail it had left from his face. That was better.

“I could hardly begin to express all that does occur within my mind. Even to myself I find that it operates faster than words could properly convey. I imagine were I to speak with another of myself, it would be all too confusing. But the trust you have in me is more than enough. The day will come, I suspect, that I need not use words for you to understand me.”

In the abstract, Abalia understood that a normal woman would likely have blushed in this exchange. Even in this situation, she had not quite been ready for the question that Hayden now posed to her. But she took it in stride, as she always did. This was simply the nature of her life now, she supposed. She would not turn back from it now.

“You need not ever ask.”

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum