Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Veteran's What?  Empty Veteran's What?

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:20 pm

The One Armed Orge

Damien Crow

He'd gotten back from putting his master to the earth. Or mourning his death though the old bugger revealed a bombshell. All this time his spiritual pressure had done most of it. He held in his hand a cup of sake sipping from it. Though he only had the one arm to work with. Damien's eyes like coal looked over the accommodations. So this area was the veteran's core. A place where the old were put out to pasture for the young. Well, it didn't matter he was old really when it came to it. I went from being one of the most feared Captains and a respected Kenpachi. To a glorified Lawn ornament. Felt like one of those creepy gnomes humans kept. Or maybe that deranged elf that reported to the Kringal guy. His hand rested on his zanpakuto as he leaned backward. Seemed the days had become more complicated. The brat was arrogant and got himself Maggots Nest. That was a decent cause and effect he considered to himself. He no longer had Bankai or Shikai losing a pretty good chunk of his power. But he felt something close by but something blocked him.

He couldn't hear the voice of his zanpakuto. It was a strange occurrence for him to sit in silence. He'd often tried reaching past the veil between him and the inner world. His master must have done something to him, ever since it's been harder. Like trying to swim with weights on your body. Everything feels heavy and gone from him. Slowly he shifted his frame forward wearing his shinigami uniform. Damien kept himself cool as he leaned back after sitting up again. Sipping from his sake as he crossed his legs. It seemed his days would be like this until the end. Such a boring way to live life with nothing to do. Maybe he could go play with that Combat Division kid. That seemed to be a large degree of fun in his mind. Grinning a bit Damien considered his options carefully. He'd need to continue pressing through his zanpakuto situation. That fog needed to go away at some point. But for now, he could manage without a zanpakuto.

Damien wasn't being arrogant about the subject of saying so. He just knew it wouldn't kill him to not have one.
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Veteran's What?  Left_bar_bleue0/0Veteran's What?  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Veteran's What?  Empty Re: Veteran's What?

Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:23 pm

PREPARE TO ENTER THE VIZARD'S POST

Laskt was no longer the frightened child he had been mere months ago. This much could be seen by his mere bearing, as the cloaked man no longer hunched, seeking to hide himself from the world. He stood taller, holding some measure of pride in himself. The knight hadn’t worked out all of his problems: a millenia of isolation ensured that would almost never be the case. However, after his talks with Crow, Cyrus and many others he respected, he at least felt somewhat ready enough to continue polishing the rust off his once razor-sharp skills. Admittedly, the Vizard was rapidly approaching the apex of his power before his infection, so he had little to bemoan at this point. It was up to him to advance himself, to ensure he would never be weak and helpless again.

To that end, he had sent a message to the recently returned Damien Crow, expressing the desire to meet with him.

Dear Monsieur Crow,

If you would spare a moment of your valuable time, I would like to meet, perhaps discussing ze possibility of training under you for a spell. If you have objections, please send a message back as soon as possible so I can avoid squandering any more of your time zan zis message has already consumed. If you are so generous as to accept mon offer, I will arrive in ze afternoon two days from now.

Best wishes,
Laskt Matiche

Inhaling deeply, Laskt raised a gloved hand, and knocked three times sharply on Damien’s door.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Laskt on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:42 pm

The One Armed Orge

Damien Crow

His lips curved into a smile before sitting down his glass now. Standing up he slipped his zanpakuto through its loop. Allowing for a quick draw or whatever Damien desired. The man's muscles were ripped and strong from head to toe. Damien walked to the door opening it. As he grabbed a wooden kendo stick next to his door. Setting it across his shoulder now. His coal eyes slowly settled upon the boy who'd arrived. "Come on kid, let's step out here..don't want to mess up the joint. House cleaner would give me a lecture. " Damien simply rose in the air before landing in the middle of a grassy area. His frame stretching as his joints cracked. Damien's hand brought the wooden sword to his lips. Bringing his teeth down he pulled off his top revealing a few scars. But the most notable was he had a single arm. Damien took the blade from his mouth as he held it in front of him horizontally. "Hit it here, let me see how much bite your attacks have." Damien said waiting as his reiatsu leaked over the wooden stick. Making it hard as steel or perhaps more so.

His eyes watched despite his many scars including the one across his eye. Damien simply stood and watched now. Merely waiting to see the show this kid had. A single sword strike to determine how strong his offense was. Everything he had in one strike was the idea. To give Damien an idea where he began. "I read the letter, don't worry about introductions Laskt. Swing your sword as hard as you can. I need to asses how strong you are." He said looking through those experienced eyes. Damien had seen more action in a week then most people did in years. He was also old, older then Kyoraku some people claimed. Damien never really said anything about his age. Often preferring to keep to himself in this regard. But the objective was set to teach Laskt some sword techniques. To let the kid learn from an official Kenpachi. He held the title and was a fiercesome warrior in his own right.

He waited calmly with his bare chest exposed as he didn't see the need for his top. No point ruining perfectly comfortable clothing. Also, they got in the way when he fought occasionally. The fabric had trouble with his spiritual pressure. That was the real problem. The one-armed orge held some very potent spiritual pressure. To the point, he could do many things. Just using his reiatsu alone and maintained his rank and respect within the Gotei. Damien held a reputation in this place with history. Other Captains used to respect him heavily for his experience. He'd seen many many battles in his life. Dueled thousands of people living through several difficult eras. But that was neither here nor there. It was time for Laskt's generation to shine. This was going to be their coming out party for what came forward. Old men like him had served their purpose long ago.
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 pm

Enter the post

Laskt inclined his head deeply as the scarred man easily opened the large wooden door, his black cloak rustling in the afternoon breeze. “Greetings Monsieur Crow. I hope I am not interrupting anything.” He said respectfully, staring his prospective teacher in the eye.

The knight opened his mouth to deliver the rest of the pre-prepared speech he had planned for this encounter, but Damien surprised him by immediately telling him to follow, then moving to a nearby field to avoid collateral damage to his home. Laskt cursed himself for not thinking of this fact before, hurriedly sprinting after the scarred warrior and arriving at the field mere moments after his teacher did.

Crow proffered a seemingly normal wooden training sword, asking the knight to attack him with all of his might. Laskt hesitated for a moment, just one, before the man’s overwhelming Reiatsu poured over the blade like a solid mass, radiating a pressure that put Laskt’s greatest effort to shame. The knight’s eyes narrowed Interesting. I wouldn’t have expected a Kenpachi to have such fine Reiatsu control. I wonder what else he can do with zat trick. He though to himself, his mind racing with the possibilities, but not distracting him from the task at hand. The Vizard shrugged off his outer cloak, leaving him in a tight blue undershirt, with no excess fabric to hinder his movements. "As you say Monsieur Crow." Laskt said simply

The knight drew his Zanpaktou carefully, keeping a hawk like gaze on the elder Shinigami in case he tried to pull a fast one. Laskt gripped his blade in a two handed grip, drawing out the power from the depths of his soul. His Reiatsu burst out across the field in a palpable wave, buffeting the grass back as his Spiritual Pressure rocketed across the green field. Unlike many Shinigami, his spiritual energy was not some suffocating pressure, but instead felt…pure…almost clean in a strange way. His Zanpaktou burst alight with a pure white flame, which then died down slightly, seemingly focusing itself around the blued metal.

Laskt’s form blurred as he flash-stepped forward, adding the technique’s momentum to his own as he appeared directly in front of the elder Shinigami, aiming to slash him from shoulder to hip. The blow was one that would have cut a good-sized building clean in half with the sheer force of it. Laskt was very clearly not holding back.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Laskt on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:38 pm

The One Armed Orge

Damien Crow

Damien's eyes followed him but decided to let it play out. He'd seen movements similar to this. He watched the movement of the sword. Bringing his wooden kendo stick up now. It's density on part of that of a zanpakuto blade. Thanks to the large degree of spiritual pressure he encased it in. Bringing his weapon up though with one arm he blocked. Deflecting the blow to the side as he smiled. "Very nice, you've got excellent movements, but..your confidence..is lacking." He said smiling as he straightened his back now. Bringing his sword up towards Laskt's throat despite having one arm. He'd sent his sword downwards and glided his stick upwards. True Laskt could make a slash at his midsection. But the moment he did so he would discover something. Damien's reiatsu wasn't just thick it was absurdly so. Bringing the wooden stick to rest on his shoulder he smiled. "So you use raw strength to pressure your enemies. Favoring a very forward offense against them, right?"

It wasn't a bad method when one had it to them. But there came an issue at some point. When someone had to defend or fight against someone stronger. Sooner or later the kid would face a better muscle. So it was ideal to have a strategy for that. "Your style has three key problems, One's I imagine you've encountered before." He paused resting his kendo stick against his shoulder blade. He stuck it into the ground as he spoke now. "Highly taxing, puts a strain on long term fights. Your movements and use of brute force tax your energy highly right? " He said holding up one to confirm with the young man. Before two came and he gave a bit of a smile. "Against stronger fighters whose strength is superior you are rushing at them relying on quick thinking and muscle." He said making it clear this style didn't work on fighters stronger than you. So he came to the last point now as he smiled showing the third sign. "Lastly, it's young yet and underdeveloped. It can grow and become strong..but it's still in the nesting period. I'm not applying you are a brute, but presently you are focused on strength and keeping the momentum. "

Damien picked up the kendo stick as he stepped back a bit now. "Let me show what I mean..and then we'll begin your lesson." He brought his sword upwards now smiling as he came forward in almost an instant. Bringing his sword down, slow enough so Laskt could block it. But the amount of force generated would very likely put the youngster on his butt. Damien was physical strength and the impact of his one arm. Felt as though two hands gripped that wooden stick. His weakness wasn't so much of a weakness. He put his staff between his belt for now. Offering Laskt a hand up, if Laskt felt his hand he'd feel it. This hand could strike matches on it if someone wanted to light them. He smiled a bit as he knew exactly how to teach the kid. "So do you approve, I can't make anyone listen to me..it's your choice going forward."
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Enter the post

Laskt grunted as his teacher almost casually parried his most devastating blow with a little more than a hardened wooden stick. True, he was somehow channeling his energy into it to increase it’s durability, but the crispness and fluidity of his motions told more than words that this man was a league above him as far as skill was concerned. Nonetheless, Laskt countered Damien’s gambit. He released his grip on the sword the moment it was clear that he couldn’t contest the Shinigami’s deflection of it, whipping his hand down to his side and grabbing his silvery sheath. He then proceeded to use it to attempt to parry Damien’s coup de grace, metal screeching against dense Reiatsu if he was successful. The tactic was one he had only recently started to practice for surprise counters, and the execution was far more sloppy than his usual sword skill.

Regardless of his gambit’s success, Laskt would then step back a pace cracking his neck from side to side as the elder Shinigami spoke again. “Oui Monsieur Crow. I find zat staying overly defensive rarely works against Hollows and adopting a purely counter-based style allows zem ample time to activate zeir powers. I find it best to keep ze pressure on, oui?” He explained, replacing his Zanpaktou’s sheath at his waist as he did so. The Vizard had tried many different offensives styles in his long life, and he had found that this offensive powerhouse style where he greedily kept hold of the momentum of the duel was the best suited for his personal tastes.

Laskt’s interest increased as Damien skillfully broke down his style, picking apart it’s main weaknesses after one short exchange! “Oui, I have found zat keeping such an offensive focus is very taxing to ze body. But to be fair, I imagine it would be even more taxing to simple play ze keep away against an opponent who’s abilities could simply overwhelm a conventional physical defense.” He explained, his tone a lot more confident than it usually was. If there was one thing that Laskt Matiche could give himself credit for, it was his sword skills, and he wasn’t afraid to defend himself in this regard.

Damien’s last comment, however, caused the knight to pause. His instructor seemed to imply that there was something wrong with keeping the strength advantage and hoarding momentum, but the way he said it felt like the swordsman was saying that his style was missing something important, something essential. Frowning, Laskt nodded, “As you say Monsieur Crow. I am ready.” The Vizard gripped his sword in both his gloved hands, falling into a half crouch with the point aiming unerringly at Damien.

The one-armed man didn’t move, he vanished completely from existence, completely escaping Laskt’s perception. The knight barely had time to adjust his blade so that the Kendo stick didn’t shatter his right arm before the battering ram came down, sending his blade spinning out of his hands, and smashing the knight to the ground. Laskt groaned before laughing ruefully, accepting Damien’s hand to get to his feet shakily. “I see your point Monsieur Crow, I am more zan willing to learn from you.” He said, rubbing his strained arm. Laskt walked over to where his blade laid in the dew-covered grass, retrieving it and returning to Damien. “So, what now?”

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Anonymous

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:56 pm

The One Armed Orge

Damien Crow

The counter was good but it would feel akin to hitting a tree trunk. Damien's muscles were in his movement. Making it difficult to out brute force him. Damien simply smiled and nodded a bit. So it was as he ascertained the kid fought that way. Now came the other issue that could help him. In terms of blade combat, Damien was skilled for a one-armed man. His energy helped him a bit it was true but it was something else. Damien after successfully demonstrating part of his point began to explain. "Power's good, but without the proper speed and control it's not as good. Your sword is an extension of your body, something that can move quicker. But there is a way to make your...style more effective.." Damien said finishing the sentence he closed his eyes inhaling. It began bubbling up around him before a blast of quaking went throughout the area. Damien's reiatsu tore into the clouds above. His eyes gaining a glow in them as he held his hand out. "I practice Reiatsu Control, I can control my energy almost as good as a Quincy. As you no doubt notice with my stick trick."

Damien suddenly stopped releasing his reiatsu causing the clouds to reform. "So, I can teach you greater control..but also a few ways to improve your style. To use your power wisely and fluidly with less strain on the body. " But the problem remained the kid would need something rough. Damien reached into his bag grabbing a metal ring. It was a small and formidable little device he held. He held it out for Laskt to take if he so chose. "This is the starting line to everything. I won't make you wear it, it is heavy and will make your training much harder." He kept it held out for Laskt to decide. Damien would explain what it did in the meantime. " This will put weight on your reiatsu and body, increasing them. This training method is something I created on my own. While not many people know it, I do tend to tinker around with ideas. Ain't no genius but I have a couple of things lying around."

Damien didn't imply himself as intelligent or smarter than others. He made some stuff for fighting and combat purposes. He wasn't some guy who could invent anything he wanted. He got an idea in his head and relentlessly pursued the concept into the ground. Somethings came from his teacher one of the wisest men he knew. His mentor passed on a rather interesting skill set for Damien. The science behind the function and manipulation of energy. His education was broader then he let on often. Still, the old man didn't see the point in talking about it. Damien had a long life and was a rather quick study. His teacher had trained him with a relentlessness that couldn't be matched. His eyes looked at Laskt now watching to see his choice. What would this boy choose now, the path where he trusted Damien's judgment? Or the path of denial that he believed Damien knew nothing. It was up to the kid to pick the road going forward.

Damien knew for a fact he could refine his edge to a lethal proficiency. The question was what did Laskt himself desire.
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Honorable Vizard

Laskt Matiche

Laskt raised his arms defensively as Damien punctuated his explanation with an insane burst of power, nearly knocking the knight clean off his feat with the sheer potency of it. The Vizard’s heels dug into the ground as he slid backward, carving ruts in the earth. The gap between them was immense indeed it seemed. He shakily brushed himself off, regaining his stance.“I….see. I’ve suppose I’ve never really tried to attain zat level of control over mon Reiatsu. I suppose it could not hurt.” He said hesitantly, unsure of how to respond to his teacher. Laskt had never been one for the subtleties of a Shingami’s power, preferring for the direct physical power that can from his status. But maybe it was time to change things.

The knight raised an eyebrow as Damien proffered a simple metal ring, explaining that it would greatly intensify his training and put great strain on his power and body. Laskt took it from his teacher’s hands, turning it over a few times in his gloved hands, examining the strange metal. He then slid it on before the elder Shinigami even opened his mouth, not hesitating for a moment.

The Vizard immediately collapsed.

All his bodily control seemed to have deserted him, as his limbs refused to respond to his commands. If Damien was observant enough, he would hear the a quiet, totally uncharacteristic curse escape Laskt’s mouth as he slammed face first into the ground, filling his nose and mouth with dirt. Physical strength did nothing against the sudden paralysis, nor did the sudden gout of holy flame that erupted from the knight’s body, flaring brightly for a moment before dying out. “What….what do I do.” Laskt asked, his tone embarrassed.
Anonymous

Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:48 pm

The One Armed Orge

Damien Crow

The young were so impetuous they just did it without waiting. Damien watched but didn't judge him. He glanced around the courtyard a bit looking. Thinking for a moment he considered options. Damien knew this would first take adjusting to Laskt. So going straight into the harder training would be unwise. He would need time to get used to wearing that bracelet. It was very heavy and required a ton of training. "Walk with me, we'll start there and let you adjust. " He said as he walked towards Laskt now. The courtyard was set in a large square around the middle area they stood. He was planning for Laskt to do laps. But he was going to talk to him during it. Not just sit in watch him go around in circles. "The new crop of youngsters is good this year. You and many of the others who've arrived have made excellent progress." He said as he set a slow pace at first. Not walking too quickly for Laskt. This stage was to give him a chance to adjust. To feel how it felt just walking.

" Certainly different from my time as a Captain. I suppose most of us Veterans are more like retired old people. The Gotei no longer needed our skill sets in some cases." He said commenting on some of those retired. Some were still useful but chose to bow out early. To leave on their terms instead of someone else. It was respectable, he'd gone to see his mentor's funeral and wishes. He'd stepped down at the time to avoid issues. But returned to see an entirely new Gotei. A place that no longer required a Kenpachi. Not in any aspect truthfully was he needed. "As for myself, my teacher passed away of old age recently. I went to see him off when he took ill. Training thankfully has evolved from throwing children off cliffs. " The worse part of that statement was. Damien had been thrown off one as a child. Told to climb back up or he didn't eat that day. His body ached with the memory of that subject. His mentor had a method to his madness.

But it was entirely crazy to expect people to do it today. "I remember being also asked to duel one thousand people..at one point as well. That took a while and cost me my arm at the time. " Damien was keeping a casual conversation as he slowly moved the pace up. But not by much just a little bit at a time.
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Enter the post

Laskt’s struggle was a mighty one, and still the massive weight upon his body didn’t budge an inch. Likewise, his gasped question to his teacher met no answer, as it seemed this conundrum was one he would have resolve by himself. Well, if the purifying flames and my own strength do nothing against it, then it must be weight on my Reiatsu, like he was speaking about. That means…… Laskt thought, gritting his teeth and channeling his power. Unlike the last time however, the ancient Vizard didn’t let the power spill out across the field in a devastating wave, but focused it, contained it.

Every square inch of his skin vibrated like that of a great drum, rippling with the immense pressure built up within the knight’s body. It took immense concentration, and hurt like hell, but Laskt managed it. He tested a leg, then an arm, then struggled to his feet, rubbing his poor nose. “As you say Monsieur Crow.” The Vizard Knight said, his teeth gritted as if a physical barrier could hold back the volatile energy within. Laskt would walk with his teacher, his motions almost jerky in their disjointedness. It was clear that the knight still needed a lot of help with this facet of his training.

Damien’s next comment however, was one that made him laugh, and almost lose control of his power. “I wouldn’t consider moi as a ‘youngster’. I’ve been around longer zan most Captains.” He revealed, his eyes locked on his feet, “Only recently have I re-emerged from la Mouche du Nid, for….personal reasons.” Laskt explained, his tone becoming the slightest bit more guarded.

Laskt would listen quietly as his teacher explained of his generation, of the dead and retired. The Vizard hadn’t thought of his class of Shinigami in centuries, as most of them had long since passed on into the cycle of souls. Many of them had been Captains or Lieutenants, and many had accomplished great deeds, however it was more than likely he was the last survivor. None but the most powerful Shinigami survived much past five centuries, with him being the rare, cowardly exception.

“Such training is rather extreme oui, but in times of crisis such rapid leaps in strength is often needed. If one shies away from ze tools needed to discharge one’s duty, zen zat person is truly spineless.” He replied, his breath hissing in and out of his teeth as he struggled to walk faster.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum