Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Portaliya
Portaliya
Experienced Member
TOTM November 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
[Open] Reaper Reborn Left_bar_bleue20/100[Open] Reaper Reborn Empty_bar_bleue  (20/100)
Tiers:

[Open] Reaper Reborn Empty [Open] Reaper Reborn

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:32 am

EMBERS OF REINCARNATION

NENKA FOTIA

He'd seen all of his friends die. He felt judged as guilty and sentenced to a lifetime of weakness for his inaction. He had nearly relieved himself of this guilt by nearly dying. However, he was not permitted - he had not yet served his sentence. He lived and now the young, androgynous male found himself finding the purpose to keep going in Karakura Forest. He needed a relatively calm, peaceful environment to get away from the intrusive thoughts in his head - telling him he deserved to die.

He was near a mountain, with his eyes shut. He had been told meditation was good for fighting negative feelings, accepting what you are feeling and just going with the flow. However, he had no idea what was actually occurring at the top of that mountain as he sat next to its base. The flame reaper, Poliro Tensol had ended his life. One of the mightiest vizards known to this world. Even though he had not fought in many years, the spiritual energy he possessed was monstrous by most standards.

With that passing, the cycle of life and death would claim his existence and his spiritual energy would come gushing out of him to be redistributed into this cycle. Nenka would suddenly feel a huge spike of a monsters spiritual power which sprung him out of his meditation to immediately check his vicinity, when he was able to deduce it was coming from the top. This release of reaitsu would be felt far and wide - possibly covering the entire Karakura region. Such a powerful spike would not go unnoticed and would definitely prompt swift investigation from the peacekeepers in this area.

However, it wasn't going to end there. Even though Nenka knew where it was coming from, the next moment was going to be a complete change of his destiny. The spirit and energy of Poliro felt an ember within this young human.. the fire of resistance. The determination to keep on going, even if he felt like he deserved to die. A part of him wanted to live and keep fighting so he could be the hero his friends wanted him to be. Maybe that's why it was drawn to him. An ember, that could blossom into an inferno.

The energy and spirit began to close in on Nenka as he felt a powerful, overwhelming feeling enter him, like he was going to explode. The energy and soul of Poliro wished to transfer its self into him, so he may fulfil his purpose where Poliro could not. Even though this energy was not "alive" - it had a primeval desire to burn and shine brightly and with Nenka as a host, it felt like it would achieve this.

Nenka felt overwhelming power that he could not possibly handle as his entire body erupted into flames as he began to scream from the sensation. causing a massive pillar of fire to reach out into the sky. Luckily in this area the trees were sparse so a massive forest fire would not start. This would likely also cause concern and draw more attention. In that next moment, Nenka heard something. It sounded like a voice, but he didn't know where it was coming from. His senses had all been overwhelmed, he wasn't even sure where he was anymore. He couldn't feel anything but the power to burn.

"Succeed where I failed. Save this world. Become the next Flame Reaper.."

He didn't really understand what it meant. But what he did understand, is that this power had been handed to him. Whoever it was on that mountain, intended to pass on the torch. He felt a connection to Nenka, because of that burning spirit he has to become a hero. A "flame reaper" sounded pretentious though... maybe he could come up with a better name. As this transfer of energy complete itself, Nenka could not contend with it and the flame spike stopped. The reaitsu level could still be felt throughout Karakura though, so it was going to ring some alarm bells.

After that overwhelming experience though, Nenka fell to the floor in a near unconscious state. He needed some time to process what had just happened, but one thing was for sure. He was now the heir, to this "flame reaper" who had passed away. He'll never know what he was like, or who he was but he wanted him to save this world, to do what he couldn't. He felt way stronger than he ever did, but he had no idea how to control this power. Nenka was not a very experienced combatant by any stretch of the imagination.

He hoped with training this power, he would truly be able to come the hero he wanted to, and reedem himself to his fallen friends who he had let die through his own powerleness. But as a young adult, he was still naive. He had a lot to learn about the universe, earth and the geopolitical landscapes and about morality. Not everything is truly black and white. Many grey areas do indeed exist. This was going to be the start of a painful, hard journey for Nenka. What ever happens now is down to the response of the reaitsu release.

They may very well decide the fate and journey of Nenka, the Reapers Heir. Carrying the will of fire, will he change the world as he dreams of, or will his childish ideals crumble and what will be left of him if he does? Only time would tell in the beginning of this journey. Right now he was in a very weak state so it would be troublesome for someone to show up looking for a fight. But it didn't really bother him, he never feared death, he embraces it. Or just maybe, someone would come to help.

It was up to lady luck and fate now.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
[Open] Reaper Reborn Left_bar_bleue16000/1[Open] Reaper Reborn Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

[Open] Reaper Reborn Empty Re: [Open] Reaper Reborn

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:33 pm

[Open] Reaper Reborn Nk4KYfU

Valentine R. Carter

Dear him, barely just back on Earth, and already something to grab his attention? Valentine had almost forgotten how fascinatingly unpredictable life on the Blue Planet could be. The methodical, consistent life he had at home was far more appealing to him now, made all the moreso by the fact that his partner and, soon, his child were there. Still, he had made many promises to many people regarding the safety of Earth, and so the Chairman of Intelligence decided he should personally investigate this eruption of flame. Just as a matter of courtesy, of course.

It took very little time for the Wizard of Mars to arrive on the scene, and though he knew by sight and by the numerous sensors that the spiritual energy in this area was surely enough to scald lesser men, such a thing was wholly inconsequential to a child of the Red Planet. His aim was only to find the source of this explosion, but seeing as his initial scan brought up nothing major, he sent out a few doves to help in the search.

Ah... There it was. A young man atop the mountain. Well, that was not so peculiar, relatively speaking. Carrying himself to the peak effortlessly through his kinetic force, Valentine dusted himself off and approached the boy, any danger from the supernatural power totally inconsequential to the spiritual foreigner. He gave his usual small smile to the fellow, and extended a hand of greeting, seemingly unconcerned with the myriad strange circumstances at present. He then spoke, his voice far too casual for what was actually happening at the moment.

"Apologies if I am interrupting something, but might I ask if everything is alright here?"

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Portaliya
Portaliya
Experienced Member
TOTM November 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
[Open] Reaper Reborn Left_bar_bleue20/100[Open] Reaper Reborn Empty_bar_bleue  (20/100)
Tiers:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:35 pm

EMBERS OF REINCARNATION

NENKA FOTIA

Nenka was still on the floor recovering from what had just occurred. He had essentially passed out at this point, but by the time this new individual had approached him, he was somewhat conscious. He opened his blazing purple eyes to make contact with this rather softly spoken individual. He could still barely feel his body for the most part, being barely able to move. Nenka gathered that the events that just occurred would likely draw concern from anyone in this area, since it usually could mean something seriously bad is happening.

He couldn't help but smile back though, He was quite thankful that the first person to reach him happened to be a gentle soul. He couldn't sense a desire to fight or harm him in any capacity, so he finally gathered some strength in his new spirit to reach out to his hand and pull himself up slowly. It was extremely difficult to stand, but Nenka just about managed.

He finally spoke after everything that had happened to him today. "Ah... thank you." The man that approached him naturally did have some questions since the vast majority would have noticed that unreal level of spiritual energy being unleashed. The problem is, everything that just happened was one massive haze for Nenka. He would try his best to answer the question and recount his experience.

"I think its over... I was sitting here by the mountain and then I felt this.. powerful energy, like nothing I've ever felt in my entire life. It was completely overwhelming. It felt like my body was bursting and erupting. I heard a voice.. it seemed like whatever it was, it chose me.. to be a hero."

For the state Nenka was in, this was a pretty solid description of what happened to him. The man would be able to definitely ascertain a level of power now coming from him, but not quite the same as what drew him here. If what he was saying was true, then he didn't gain the full power, or maybe he was just not capable of using it.

Either way, this would clue Valentine in on what happened here and get an idea of who was dealing with. He spoke that last line proudly. It was always his goal to be a hero of justice after all and now he had felt like after all his suffering, he had been chosen to carry out that role.. but what does it really mean, to be a hero? Is such a thing even possible in this world? It's never that black and white. But the grey morality was irrelevant. Its what he was determined to do and now with this event of power, Nenka would do all he can to strive for that ideal.

Last edited by Portaliya on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
[Open] Reaper Reborn Left_bar_bleue16000/1[Open] Reaper Reborn Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Valentine R. Carter

Hm... Well, wasn't that rather astoundingly strange? Most, perhaps, might have felt all manner of spiritual phenomena in the area, but Valentine was left only with what his array of sensors told him, and what he could discern through the birds that he had taken in as Drones. It was apparent that the young man had little grasp of how much power was currently contained within him, and for that matter, of its source. The Old King, however, found something almost endearing about the idea of being simply chosen by some outside power. Perhaps not as a "hero," but, well, not everyone was exactly the same, now were they?

"Chose you, hm? There are stranger things, I suppose. I suspect I am not the most qualified to assist you in understanding this power to any significant degree, but I will be more than happy to guide you to those who would. Ah, and to provide any other more interpersonal assistance you might need, of course. My name is Valentine Ransom Carter, by the by. Might I ask yours?"

He wasn't especially worried that this boy would be a threat, but even if he were, giving his name away was not something Valentine was hugely concerned about. This was, in no small part, simply because he was already a public figure, the face of Lux Orior on Earth. It was not in his job portfolio to remain some enigma.

Coding in Template By:
Portaliya
Portaliya
Experienced Member
TOTM November 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:05 pm

EMBERS OF REINCARNATION

NENKA FOTIA

So this guys name was Valentine. Nenka couldn't help but find that to be a pretty endearing name for a guy so softly spoken and kind. He could tell Valentine didn't quite understand what he meant by being "chosen", but Nenka didn't understand too well either if he was being completely honest.

It felt like someone from up above had granted his wish for power to do the right thing and be the hero his friends and family wanted him to become. Nenka was smiling a lot as he hadn't received any sort of compassion in a while even if it was just a simple friendly exchange. Nenka wanted to know more about what happened to him. If this Valentine could guide him there, he would gladly go. He won't be able to utilise this power well without understanding it first, after all.

"If you can take me to someone who can help me understand what exactly has happened to me, I'll gladly take you up on such an offer.. thank you. My name is Nenka Fotia. I'm just a human from Saburo. So as you can imagine.. life is a little rough. I've been trying to get stronger so I can defend my hometown and whatever just happened might be the breakthrough I've needed.. to become a hero!"

It seems that being a hero was not just something this mysterious force chose for Nenka - it was a desire of his own. A desire to save his rough, perilous city from the dangers it has faced over the long years. However, such a grand goal may not be so easy to achieve, regardless of how much power you hold. But it was still a goal that he had resolved to make happen many years ago. Gaining this power ultimately validated those ideals.

Something Nenka also failed to consider just how powerful some of the evil forces in this universe are. The energy released by that mysterious man was potent, very strong indeed. But there are evil spirits that exceed even that. He couldn't imagine how a battle with something so incomprehensible would be. But even then, he didn't care.

He had already prepared to die for this ideal a long time ago and believed if he had to reach that level aswell to be a hero, he will do it. The grand question is, can he? Whoever Valentine knew that could help Nenka, maybe could also answer that conundrum.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:50 pm

Valentine R. Carter

"Ah, from Saburo? Yes, that would be a rough upbringing indeed. Well, if you feel up for it, we can certainly begin the trip to Karakura proper, hm? It sounds as though you may be a ziamichi, if not something similar. The former Yayjuu operatives within Lux Orior will likely be able to discern that for certain... Can you walk on your own, young man? I can carry you if not."

That was not meant with his own two hands, of course. Valentine did not much care for physical interaction with any other than his mate. The words he spoke were quite optimistic, and gave the Martian a moment or two of pause. Very peculiar, indeed.

"A hero, hm? That is quite the ideal. Do tell me more, as we make our way. I wish to hear what you intend to do from here on."

Coding in Template By:
Portaliya
Portaliya
Experienced Member
TOTM November 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:59 am

EMBERS OF REINCARNATION

NENKA FOTIA

Well, he made it onto his feet, so surely walking wouldn't be too much of an ask for Nenka now. What Valentine talked about made little sense to him. What the hell was a Ziamichi? He figured he'd get the answers if he went along with the gentle man. He talked of some organisations that he was not totally familiar with. He had heard their names mentioned, but without much idea to who they were or what they stood for.

Nenka answered enthusiastically as he began to feel some joy at the prospect he finally be able to fulfil his purpose and that he'd get help to that end. "Don't worry.. I can walk!" he didn't want to be a burden on another person, so even though walking was in reality still pretty difficult at this point, he would grit his teeth and bear through how rundown he felt in order to reach this place Valentine described.

The man then presented Nenka with a rather deep question. He wanted to know about his ideal, the foundation of who this person was now. However, it was one he could easily answer. After all, Nenka's aspiration since child hood had been to protect the city he had witnessed destroyed and attacked over and over again, like a repeating nightmare.

"I nearly died trying to protect my city. Many of my friends are already dead because I was too weak. Even though I tried training with more experienced fighters in Saburo, who defended the city as I was young.. there was just such a great difference in power. Now maybe this will tip the scales in my favor, and I can protect my city.. and then try and save other places in this world ravaged and attacked by monsters."

His intent was clear. It wasn't going to just stop with his own city. Once his own city had been made safe, he would move to other parts of the world. Nenka would never be able to rest while he knew other people were suffering the same fate as Saburo. This was part of what it meant, to be a hero. It wasn't realistic, and many others like Nenka have tried and failed. But it didn't matter. He was compelled, and didn't care if he lost his life trying.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:11 pm

Valentine R. Carter

To call Valentine observant would be quite an understatement, and he saw rather handily how tired out Nenka still was. Even so, he wouldn't press the issue. If the young man wanted to walk on his own, that was his prerogative, and Valentine continued on ready to help only if necessary. There was more to listen to, after all, more to discuss.

"That is an unfortunate truth of the world, isn't it? That mere desire is not enough, that to wish something would happen does not make it so."

That comment, to Valentine, was almost a tragedy about the people of Earth. They would never know the lives of Mars, of a people who could simply believe something into the realm of truth. Yet, as his own beloved mate had taught him, there were far more things that Earth had to offer which Mars had never found. He supposed it was a worthwhile exchange.

"Be sure you do not become overconfident in your power, though. It can seem far too easy to throw oneself into a problem simply because you have the strength to do so, without realizing that you do not have the strength to see it through. Others might rely upon you, and too late it will become clear that you were not ready to defend them. But I believe that spending time among the people of Lux Orior will help to prevent that damning confidence."

Coding in Template By:
Portaliya
Portaliya
Experienced Member
TOTM November 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:23 pm

EMBERS OF REINCARNATION

NENKA FOTIA

Valentine wasn't wrong. It was truly unfortunate that it took immense power to make change on a global scale. Even more than just power, it took resources and influence. History had shown that power alone does not mean something will last as the fall of many regimes over these hundreds of years have proven. But even in the face of such a tall order, Nenka had the determination to rise to that challenge to try and be the difference he wanted to see.

With time passing, he was able to slowly regain his form walking and seemed relatively unscathed by now as his body was recovering from the event that had occurred. As the event was spiritual in nature, his actual body was not directly affected and thus could recover quickly. Nenka was paying close attention to what Valentine was saying now as he got an aura of wisdom, he felt it was wise to hear him out.

Nenka found it pretty interesting - a lesson on the burden of power and the arrogance it can cause. However, the problem he had suffered up until this point was that he was throwing himself into lethal situations without the power to see it through because he had no regard for his own well being or life. It was after all what a hero must do. He felt the need to make this clarification with Valentine.

"I don't disagree with you, but in regards to myself, its not a matter of arrogance, but rather a disregard for myself. I feel like if I want to be a hero, I must stand in the face of life threatening situations if no one else will and I have no problems with that. I don't have much regard for my own life anymore after seeing my friends die. Dying a hero would be the only way I could make it up to them.."

The survivors guilt Nenka had built up after failing to save his friends lives time and time again came to the forefront again. He felt he must perish doing what his friends wanted him to do, in order properly grace them. This led Nenka to ask their own question about Valentine and Lux Orior and in doing so, would expose his deeper rooted issues.

"You think Lux Orior could help me? Rather than prevent me developing an ego, I think they need to convince my life is worth something. Do you think it is?"

They had only just met this man and already they posed quite a challenge. It was almost manipulative in a way; if they said no, they'd make themselves give the impression they were a bad person and upset Nenka, if they said yes then Nenka would get the short lived validation he was looking for, but probably feel the same regardless. This was the consequences of years of a brutal upbringing. He wanted to feel like he could make a difference in this world, Nenka wanted to simply... matter.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:11 am

Valentine R. Carter

"If you give your life, how will you know you've succeeded? It's irresponsible to die when you wish to change the world."

It was a very curt response, but it was also the only one that Valentine felt appropriate in the circumstances.

"To die, whether a hero or a man, means that your time to act has been brought to an end. Your legacy, your heroism, will mean nothing if in your absence it's undone. A hero has the responsibility to live on, even if perhaps he wouldn't wish to do so. And, sometimes, a hero must accept the nature of the greater good. Then again, I suppose the idea of a hero isn't one I fully comprehend. I consider a hero to be one who bides his time, thinks carefully, and acts in the manner most appropriate for the common good. A far cry from how many would picture it, I'm quite sure, but I digress."

Though Valentine kept his eyes firmly forward as they gradually made their way to the city proper, he had more than a few birds in the area keeping watch over not only the surrounding lands, but the young man who accompanied him. He thought about the second question posited to him for only the briefest of moments, and could only shrug in response.

"I think life is always worth something. There's no such thing as a meaningless life when the common good is considered. The question is whether you use your life in a worthwhile way, and in that sense, I think Lux Orior provides a suitable avenue for such a thing."

Coding in Template By:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum