Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto]

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:05 pm

The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE WANDERING DEMON

Artist: SilvaGunner - Song: Hip Shop

Getting any kind of mail that wasn't genuine crap was a welcome surprise -- getting an invitation for something was even more of one. Simply labeled with his name, Kokuto opened the letter and skimmed through it's contents, raising an eyebrow. A formal invitation to some demon's manor in the Vicara Plane.

Shrugging as he slid his coat on, tucked his phone in his pocket, gave notice to Ichijou and her adoptive mother as to where he was going and that he'd be back soon, Kokuto stepped outside, opening a portal to the Demon World, and walked through the portal, arriving right outside this "Mat's" manor. Which...damn. It was called a manor for a reason, that was for sure. Whistling softly as he chuckled quietly, the devil stepped forward, entering the building.

As he walked, the man reached into his pocket, pulling out a packet of cigarettes and pulled one out, igniting the tip of his thumb, taking a long drag from it as he tucked the packet away. As he did, he took a glance behind him, sensing another presence as well as a collection of noises of another portal opening, closing, and footsteps behind him -- revealing the tiny form of Arianda Vael walking behind him.

He gave a brief wave, stopping for a moment in order to let her catch up with him and walk with her. He didn't really know her too terribly well -- mainly her involvement in bringing Ichijou with her to the Demon World to look for him and her assistance in helping him control his Eris Seal, unlocking his Chasm Revival and helping him -- at least as much as she could -- with controlling the Eris Child within, to help tame the desires and urges of the Makhai, ancient spirits of war and battle.

"Heya, little lady, been a while. Judgin' from the fact that you're...well, here, I'm guessin' you got an invitation to this place too?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty Re: The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto]

Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Song: Funkyard - By: Arrowhead & Zentra - Word Count: N/A

Apparently, someone aside from the Asthavon's in demon world had business with Ari. An invitation, a rather old method to deliver such news all things considered, was delivered to the woman. Whomever had sent this had invited her to a manor in the Vicara Planes; someone by the name of "Mat". Arianda's head tilted as she read the name. It was... It was odd. Some part of Ari felt like she should recognize the name, but it was akin to the feeling Arianda had once known whenever she wished to recall her parents; either way, it was an odd sense of deja vu. Without seeing the problem with meeting this being called Mat, she gave Kita a gentle kiss goodbye; promising she would be back before long.

Afterwards, the demon stepped into a portal; emerging a couple of yards behind a man she vaguely recognized from behind. She chuckled softly as she glimpsed Mr. Burnt himself; Kokuto. She waved after he did, letting out a chuckle as she caught a good look at his face. Burnt to shit as always, the smaller demon caught up with Kokuto; humming softly as she fell in step with him. Indeed, their relationship was an odd one; the boyfriend to a certain friendly Sueki. She had helped him with a few other things, demon and Eris Seal related, but she had also helped him come back to his senses when he decided to leave Ichi to keep her safe; and by helped she meant dragged him back by his ear.

After the two fell in step, moving towards the manor, one that Arianda simply looked at without any impression. She had been in Mana's palace many times before... Not much else could truly impress her unless they managed to fully trump what Mana's own palace was like. However, she turned her thoughts away from such things and listened to what Kokuto had said. Indeed, she too had been invited by this "Mat".

"Indeed... Albeit, I'm not terribly keen on this meeting. I got an odd feeling when I read this person's name... as if I knew it, yet I cannot remember it whatsoever; nothing surprising... I can't help but wonder, Kokuto, what exactly this Mat desires from our visit..."

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty Re: The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto]

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:46 pm
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Rsz_220210203_160708

The Devil You Know

The building they approached was definitely fitting of the title manor, but it was by no means exceptionally grand. It was almost a restrained appearance in contrast to beings like Mana or other affluent demons. Even with the moderate golden fluttery which ordained some walls and what have you, it was exceptionally quaint to some. However, in it's modest look there was more to the observant eye which they may soon find out. As they approached the double doors, without prompt, they would slide open to reveal the Demon whom written them.

Standing at six feet tall was a man of bronze skin, who's black hair seemed to fall towards his ears in a restrained mess. A well kept appearance with but only a few hairs seemingly out of place, but even those seemed to be carefully constructed. His body adorned with a white and purple toga, his hands positioned behind his back in a clasped grip. One side of his chest on display showcasing a body which looked hardened and well-maintained for his size. A single emerald irises stared at them, and in his other eye a blackened sclera with a crimson eye also stared back.

As they laid their sight upon him a distinct whisper in the wind could almost be felt, for an innate instinct inside of them called to him. As if by some design within their bones, he felt all too familiar like an image which had not been stared upon for many years. But the emotions it invoked was the same, a soft calling and relaxation as he gave them an easy smile. Like that of a father gazing upon children whom he had not seen for some time, and feeling of warmth which exuded from him almost enveloping towards the more common of demon kind.

"Ah, Kokuto, Arianda, how pleased I am to see you two."

The words left his mouth in an affection which was almost strange to demon kind, but certainly fit him. For all his mannerism there was a distinct feel towards him, like upon his visage was demon hood in it's most distilled form. As he removed his hands from behind his back, he'd beckon them both forward with his hands. That calm smile still on his face, as he lowered his hands.

"Please do come inside, it would be awful if you caught something out there."

Could demons become sick or catch diseases? Mat certainly knew they could.

END POST | The Patriarch

The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] JfH75kA
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] H8Tyk70
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Artist: SilvaGunner - Song: Hip Shop

Just so much as stepping into the boundaries of the manor felt strange. Maybe it was because he hardly ever stepped foot in Demon World anymore, preferring to stay with Ichijou in the Living World, keeping her safe and away from the dangers that his homeworld had. Perhaps it was because he knew nothing about this man that had invited him, seemingly out of the blue.

So, turning over to Arianda as he took another drag from his cigarette, exhaling softly as a billow of smoke passed by his lips and cheek.

"Your guess is as good as mine. I don't even know the guy, so I don't got a damn clue why he's pullin' my torched ass out here."

Taking one cautious step after another as the large double doors opened, Kokuto's eyes slowly moved around to gaze at the inner workings of the manor as he walked in. "Tame" was certainly the first word that came to mind when the insides of the building were revealed. Not nearly as gaudy as someone like Mana, but still boasting some level of pride and wealth in them, showing his level of power and influence as a fellow devil.

Yet again, each step he took in the manor was cautious, the gentle echoes of his footsteps through the halls resonating as he came to a stop not too far away from Mat, taking a moment to give him a look, up and down, truly acknowledging his attire and overall appearance. The way that he spoke was...strange -- the tone of Mat's voice made it sound like he knew Kokuto. So, turning to face Mat fully, the quiet raspy, yet calm, deep voice of the demon broke the brief silence,

"Sorry if I'm bein' rude by sayin' this, but...I don't have a clue who you are. So how the hell did you find out where I live, but more importantly, how do you know me, and why did you call us out here?"

Despite the serious questions that he wanted answers to, there wasn't any hostility in the Devil of Power's voice -- merely concern and curiosity. Why would someone who seemed so powerful and influential ever want to come near some random former Sinner, as well as a former Shadow Fall Royal?

Template By:
[THEFROST]
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Arianda blinked in minor surprise as the doors in front of herself and Kokuto opened of their own accord. Once again, Arianda was unamused by the decorum that erupted from behind the door of the manor. It was certainly fitting for demonic royalty, something Ari herself was quite accustomed to despite the year she had spent away from Shadow Fall and Demonic royalty. It was like putting on some old clothes that still fit perfectly. However, the demon was still unamused and unabashed as she peered towards the man who had, apparently, beckoned them here. It was quite, extremely, odd really. Neither her nor Kokuto knew who this man was; the one who had invited them to his manor. It made Arianda frown, and frown even more so when he seemed so familiar with them.

However, as Arianda looked at the man in -- what was that a bed-sheet? -- a type of clothing that Amphy told Ari was a "toga"; the demon felt an odd... familiarity. It was like she had seen his face once before and maybe even heard that voice long... long ago. A shiver stole down Ari's spine as the odd sense of deja vu once more visited her. It was strange. How could she know a man she had never met? Even Amphy had barely idea who the man was. Albeit, she was having a similar sense of Deja Vu. At least, in Amphy's case, she was over two millennia old; there was far more to sift through as far as elder memories went. Regardless, Arianda shoved aside the odd sense of familiarity and deja vu; pouring all of her faculties into a very similar question as Kokuto's.

Indeed, who the hell was this man? Arianda took steps up the stairs a small bit behind, and to the side of, Kokuto; a calculating stare boring down upon Mat from the demon's silver eyes. Not to mention, the way he spoke... it was quite unlikely they would catch a cold; it was far more likely they were to catch a stray murderous demon than that. After all, most demons did not frequently become sick. The demon, despite her questioning stare, did as the demon asked and did make her way towards the door. However, she stopped at the threshold, her silver eyes once more boring holes into Mat.

"Kokuto's right... Neither of us have a clue who you are; yet you know us if the tone of your voice is anything to go by. Not to mention, why do you want to speak to us?"

Arianda had voiced her own questions after Kokuto did. Indeed, Arianda's question was quite similar to what Kokuto said. However, a why they were they and why he wanted to speak to the pair of unlikely demons were certainly two very different things. Regardless of this, however, Arianda was still morbidly curious to know why some random demon, who had a manor the status of a shadow fall royal, wished to see, of all the demons in the world, the two of them.

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:36 pm
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] Rsz_220210203_160708

The Devil You Know

"Being inquisitive is always a desirable trait, but to be so bold and direct in the face of the unknown is quite brave as well."

His words poured like honey into the air, sweet and tasteful. It was as if even if he insulted them, it would sound pleasant. However he seemed to be speaking genuinely despite the implication of brashness which followed the question, walking towards them he'd stop short. Enough so that the figure of the male loomed over head, that single crimson irises glowing slightly. His eyes closed however as he took in a deep inhale, his chest rising easy, before it lowered with an exhale leaving his lips. Once he opened them again his other eye would now be crimson, with the black background.

His very presence seemed to reach out into the world around them, his existence it's self worming it's way into every nook and hole of this demonic world. As he listened to both of their words with the focus of a patient adult, before finally allowing an amuse smile and chuckle to leave his lips. He'd step off towards the side to a table which had precariously seemed to just be noticed, with perfectly laid out glasses and a pitcher filled with a deep crimson liquid. As he began to pour his own drink, he'd speak.

"Would you like some wine?" He'd inquire without missing a beat, as he finished pouring his own. Lifting it to his nose he inhaled it deeply, a pleasant smile on his teeth as he tilted it back. The liquid flowing down his throat as he drank deeply, before lowering it. It would be at this time he deigned it important to answer their questions.

"Who I am, is a question which holds many answers, young Kokuto." He'd impart onto him. "The more important question, is what I am. But the name 'Mat' is currently what I go by, feel free to use it at your pleasure." He'd speak to both of them, as his free hand came up to tap the edge of his glass idly. His gaze falling onto Kokuto for a brief moment, and in doing so a weight was felt. It was not malicious persay, but heavy. Like something eldritch, and old, peered deep into the person of Kokuto. For lesser demons, or people, it would distintly make their blood run cold. There was never more truth to the saying 'the abyss stares back.'

"I always take note of demons whom seem to find themselves embroiled in greatness. How could I not know of Arianda Vael, the angel of conflict. I do not need to recite your accomplishments and deeds within that organization should I?" He'd inquire raising an eyebrow, before pausing. As for Kokuto he allowed his lips to curl into a smile.

"As for you, I take great interest in the events you managed to wrap yourself up in. I merely wished to extend greetings and pleasantries to two demons whom have, or nearly have, touched the cusp of greatness. I would be delighted if you'd stay for dinner."

The First Born Ability:

END POST | The Patriarch

The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] JfH75kA
The Nature of the Beast [Mat/Arianda/Kokuto] H8Tyk70
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:24 pm

Artist: Persona 3 - Song: Living with Determination

Upon hearing him speak more, Kokuto found himself more on guard. He sounded so...ancient. The way he spoke, the tone of voice that he had -- it felt like he had lived for hundreds of times more than him, which, wasn't surprising, but everything he said had this uncomfortable weight to it, and, it bothered him. He kept his eyes on Mat as he approached them, zoning out as he tried to keep his focus on what he was doing.

As Mat offered a drink, Kokuto snapped back to reality, shaking his head to collect himself before giving a firm nod, quietly stepping over to the table that seemed to have just materialized into existence, bowing his head lightly as he graciously took the glass, his raspy voice lowering to a mumble as he gave his gratitude.

"Thank you for the drink."

Taking a few steps back, Kokuto began to raise the glass to his lips, only to stop and turn his gaze back to Mat as he responded to his question...by not fully answering it. A twinge of annoyance picked at his mind and heart, and just as he was trying to form what he was going to say, the man's gaze fell on him, and the thoughts instantly vanished.

If he had not thought before that Mat was an elder demon, someone who had lived for hundreds of his own lifetimes as human and devil, this would have been a colossal wake-up call. Crimson dots seemed to gently worm their way into his very soul, showing him a man who had lived for a time that could possibly rival the earliest demons in recorded history. It was as if he was gazing into infinity itself -- and if it had been more than a glance, perhaps there was a chance he could have gone mad from the weight of someone such as him.

Taking a step back and shaking his head to bring himself back to reality yet again, Kokuto's eyes briefly glossed over Arianda as Mat referred to her, only for him to come back to the Devil of Power, and his face contorted into a partial frown, his head turning down as he suddenly found the contents of the cup to be far more interesting and appealing to look at.

"I wouldn't mind stayin' for dinner, but..."

He took another glance at Mat, taking a brief drink from the cup to cool his nerves, before sighing.

"I'm not anybody special. I haven't reached greatness or any kind of shit like that. I'm just a member of the Eris Family. The only thing I got involved in was when Algos went ballistic against Caly and we all gathered in the Demon World after what happened in Minatumi last year. All I've been doin' now is trying to keep my girlfriend away from all of this. It's not a place for her, and I don't want her in any danger."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Arianda still felt so... on edge. She had no idea who this man was, yet a part of her felt as if she knew him; as if she had known him for a great majority of her life. Even Amphy was still stumped, albeit she did appear to recognize the face before her. Regardless, Arianda followed him and Kokuto to seats; where she was offered wine. The demon stared at the man before her, before gently shaking her head at the offer of a drink. However, she did give an apologetic smile afterwards. She was here to meet, not stay for long hours; after all, she did indeed need to be home before dinner.

As Arianda listened to Mat speak, the demon noticed that her body felt... relaxed. An odd sense of calm had washed over her as she was in the presence of Mat. AS soon as the demon realized it, it sent her into a small panic that caused her to become even more on edge; the demon keeping herself from making any aggressive noises. She had far too much experience with her emotional state being controlled; and even if Mat wasn't doing this on purpose, it didn't change the fact that it put Ari at alert. It didn't change the fact that Arianda's opinion of Mat was already being colored poorly. Even as Arianda relaxed, she mentally fought against the feeling. She didn't care for being made to feel relaxed.

As Arianda struggled to remain in a state that SHE wanted to be in, not forced upon her, Amphy slowly started to fill Ari in on this Mat; and listening to Amphy helped Ari somewhat ignore the relaxation that was causing her to be so on edge. Mat was, to put it simply, ancient; many a millennia old, perhaps even more. It was perplexing, because Arianda now had an idea why she recognized this man; perhaps he was the reason why Arianda escaped from those who took her from her parents so long ago... However, that didn't change the fact that Arianda's impression of him had been colored poorly. She quite disliked being made to feel a certain way by someone; it pissed her off. However, she controlled herself, doing her best to not feel relaxed, as she looked at Mat; all the while listening to Amphy explain.

"No, I'm sorry; I'm afraid I cannot stay for dinner. I have someone to return home to; and I don't intend to leave her alone for longer than I need. And please, do not call me the Angel of Conflict; it is a title that died with my Eris Seal. If you must refer to titles, use Fallen Angel; otherwise, please call me by name."

Arianda let out a small sigh. That title, Angel of Conflict, was a painful reminder of what she had lost that day; Fallen Angel was no better, perhaps. However, at least that title reminded her that there was still better to come. Which was why Arianda preferred to be known as a "Fallen Angel" rather than what she used to be known as. However, the demon let out a small sigh and looked once more towards Mat as Kokuto spoke. Arianda let out a soft sigh, shaking her head. Indeed, he did not need to recite what she had done. However, it was in the past; something she didn't care much for. Currently, however; she wondered near the same as Kokuto. Then, the demon soon smiled softly as Kokuto spoke.

"She won't be in any danger as long as you stay close and protect her, Kokuto. However, I still can't help but wonder what exactly it is you wish to do, Mat. It is nice to extend your greetings and invitations, and even if I wouldn't exactly call being Mana's chew toy greatness, I never truly reached such a pinnacle when I was part of Shadow Fall; Archduchess of the second circle or no, I'm still just Arianda Vael. I just... I can't see a reason why I would be important now after everything that happened."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum