Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Big Strong Man Upgrade Left_bar_bleue101000/99999999Big Strong Man Upgrade Empty_bar_bleue  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

Big Strong Man Upgrade Empty Big Strong Man Upgrade

Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:41 am
Big Strong Man Upgrade QerxJ3c

» Name Of Character: Law
» Link To Character: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t20169-law-vizard-2-3

» Upgrading:

Mental deduction to Master. I think Law has displayed in every thread he's ever been in, including all of those linked below, a reliance on using his intelligence to come out on top. In addition his powerset is directly tied to his intelligence, so even when it isn't explicit, it is still being utilized. His entire character and personality has always been about using his intellect, and I really don't think it's a stretch at all to say that he would be at this level, albeit at the lower end, at this point.

Durability to Advanced. I mean, he got the shit kicked out of him over a multiple page thread by Ulv, and spent a year in which he was severely injured in Demon World. I think it doesn't really make sense for his durability to be at beginner any longer.

Bankai Unlocked. I'd already discussed this with Frost before I was banned, and was using it in a powered down state. After all of this time, I think it reasonable for him to have understood its full power.

Tier to 1-4

» Why: Upgrading because he's been in major site plot threads, he led Vastimian forces against shadow fall in WW4, he spent a year in Demon world fighting for his life,and his last upgrade was in 2018.

» Extra:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t19911-plan-and-execute
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t19773-harboring-a-burning-passion
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t19068-a-land-beset-by-destruction
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t19596-qatar-hero
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t21309-pesky-hollow-law-ulv
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t21830-a-year-of-madness-private

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Big Strong Man Upgrade Left_bar_bleue16000/1Big Strong Man Upgrade Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Big Strong Man Upgrade Empty Re: Big Strong Man Upgrade

Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:04 am
[adm]Most of this is approvable, but for the sake of documentation I'd ask that you list his most significant feats + threads for the MD Master justification before I can approve it.[/adm]
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Big Strong Man Upgrade Left_bar_bleue101000/99999999Big Strong Man Upgrade Empty_bar_bleue  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:56 am
Alright, so I'm missing some threads, one specifically where Law calculates the speed at which Ulv is transporting him by measuring the change to the horizon and the frequency at which objects which are nearer pass him by, and some others that I don't remember the exact specifics of, but which I certainly know existed. Regardless, Law originally had a Master in mental deduction, and when the change came through it was understood that he was on the very top end of elite, I imagine this can be found in the staff channel. It is also apparent in the combat or planning in all of the already linked threads that he is constantly using his brain to get ahead. Just by the very nature of his powerset he must have an innate understanding of the physics of the world around him so as to manipulate them as he wishes. In his fight with Ulv he uses his intelligence to put up some level of resistance, even while being severely outmatched in pure physical prowess. In Qatar Hero, he inherently understands the dangers Stefan poses through subtle clues in the mans movement, although he isn't entirely sure of his full strength.
The entirety of Plan and Execute is Law showing his ability to plan around assets he has only a partial understanding of, at the same time demonstrating the fact that he knows what he doesn't know, and plans around that as well. He displays a strong strategical, as well as tactical mastery of the battlefield, and of the political landscape at large.
All of this, in addition to the fact that he is canonically mentored by Urahara, who praises him for his intelligence, if not for his pride, I think places him well within the range of a Master Mental Deduction.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Big Strong Man Upgrade Left_bar_bleue16000/1Big Strong Man Upgrade Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:13 pm
[adm]I'll give one of the two necessary approvals for this.[/adm]
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Big Strong Man Upgrade Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Big Strong Man Upgrade Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:15 pm
[mod]
    "Regardless, Law originally had a Master in mental deduction, and when the change came through it was understood that he was on the very top end of elite, I imagine this can be found in the staff channel."

I do remember this discussion. I do not think this is a valid argument for Master. "originally had a Master" is semantical error. Insofar as what Master constituted back then, effectively what Law originally had was "Elite" under a different name.

"All of this, in addition to the fact that he is canonically mentored by Urahara, who praises him for his intelligence, if not for his pride."

Given that's historical and a part of his app, that's part of the argument for why he was considered Elite. That's less of a valid justification for an upgrade up to Master.

Now, all that said, I'm giving a second approval anyways. I just wanted to make it clear that those to notes in particular weren't why. I think Law has, as you said, demonstrated mental deduction characteristic of Master well in many of his threads, constantly considering many variables are discerning the truth of the matter in his threads. Also as you said, Law's powerset very much requires a great level of Mental Deduction, and pairing that with how you've roleplayed him thus far, and how much you've roleplayed him in portrayal of greater Mental Deduction, I think Master is appropriate.[/mod]

Big Strong Man Upgrade 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum