Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Grasping Futures Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Grasping Futures Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Grasping Futures Empty Grasping Futures

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

'Hajimari no hikari, Kirali... kirali. Owari no hikari Lulala lila'

As Calypso meandered through the Amazon, Hvit was singing. Such a beautiful voice, and such a beautiful song, it was perfect backing to this exploration.

"You going to teach me that one? I don't think I could sing in Japanese like that but could probably make it work in Norwegian maybe?" Calypso commented, pushing through the head and the canopy in search of the Frozen Lightning Bolt.
'You know, maybe I could actually. You'll never summon El Ragna, but maybe we could attract The Wind. You'll need to master Earth-Grasping Step first though. And be careful! while you do. Ulv used it far before she was ready and shattered her legs'
"Well, no worries there, I shall take it carefully. What is this stepping thing? If it is one of Ulv's techniques, I can't imagine it's simple" Calypso commented, sensing something around her and maintaining awareness while talking.

'It's in Nine Yin Manual, just towards the end with her Movement Techniques. I guess you didn't look that far?' Hvit replied, smiling softly to herself. Teaching Ulv's arts to the next generation...that was her calling.
"Mmm. Lightfoot-" Calypso would then cut herself off, demonstrating the very technique as a Hollow lunged for her. Twisting in mid air, she'd lash her foot down, smashing the creature into the ground. "-Is good enough!"

'Hit the mask' Hvit counciled, prompting Calypso to turn on the spot and blast the Hollow's head off with Taiju Snake Palm.

"So how does this Earth-Grasping Step thing work, anyway?"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Grasping Futures Left_bar_bleue16000/1Grasping Futures Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Grasping Futures Empty Re: Grasping Futures

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:42 am
Grasping Futures XmDzQSl

ALEX

While Alex had committed more or else fully to the job of being a husband and father, there were still a few loose ends in his life that he felt like he needed to tie up, and a few things that he wasn't alright with just leaving undone. He'd wanted to come by and visit the old man for years now, thank him for the training back then, but life sure had seemed to get in the way of all that, huh?

It wasn't as if Alex was unfamiliar with South America at this point in his life. He'd traveled plenty through this part of the world, either during his pointless efforts to make Margaritaville or just walking through the jungle for something new. But he hadn't had much in the way of a goal all those other times, really, just been wandering. Was kinda nice having a purpose when you did shit.

Of course, these days his sense for spiritual disturbances was better than most. The feeling of a Hollow rearing its head, and being destroyed just as quickly, would already typically be enough to catch his attention at least briefly. But that wasn't the main concern for him right now. He was positive he knew whoever it was that'd handled said Hollow, but he couldn't place it.

Alex could, of course, have done some tremendous sprint or overblown leap to the point of interest, but that had never really been the sort of thing that was his style. Instead, he just walked over, quickly enough and with enough familiarity with this jungle that he could easily make better pace than most. He didn't recognize this chick physically, but that didn't always mean much these days.

"Yo. You lost?"

END POST | WESTERN WAVE MAN

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Grasping Futures Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Grasping Futures Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:51 am

Suddenly, hunky red-headed muscle men were in her life. If he was a Cultivator, Calypso would definitely have made moves to ingratiate herself here and now. But, he was not, so unfortunately useless to her in that way. Instead, she'd look up and give him an amicable smile so he knew there was no need to be threatened by her.

"No, I am looking for a Frozen Lightning Bolt. They are good for people of my level, and getting more power would be helpful" Calypso replied. Her Sulphur yellow eyes were a common sight to anyone who knew Vizards, though she was very much a human...

"And what about you?" She'd ask, shifting over some to be closer. It was rude to shout across the room, or wherever you were talking at the time. "Why do you wander into the deep jungles of the Amazon?"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Grasping Futures Left_bar_bleue16000/1Grasping Futures Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:40 am
Grasping Futures XmDzQSl

ALEX

"Last I checked, those don't freeze, but you do you, I guess. Hopefully it gets you big and strong or however that works."

Alex wasn't exactly the sort to dissuade someone from their aims regardless of their possibility, if only because that would have suggested more care for others than he really had in him. He was a nice guy and all, but he wasn't that nice of a guy.

"I owe a guy a favor or two. He lives around this part of the world, so I figured I should stop back in and say hey. Been a few years, I'd say he probably wonders what I'm up to but that drunk fuck probably doesn't even realize that much time's passed."

He noticed the yellow eyes, of course, but they didn't really draw much of a reaction from him at this point. He'd run across so many fucking weirdos that even a human with those eyes wasn't much to him. Hell, he'd been keeping a Hollow around in his chest for a hot minute or two.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:54 am

He seemed so passionate and engaging, despite knowing absolutely nothing about what he was engaging with. It made Calypso let out a soft giggle, and then extend her hand.

"Well, then I guess we should go check again to make sure, hmm? I'm Calypso Gandr. It is nice to see men of fire and heart in the world. It fills the world with delight to exist in alongside"

She'd give him a hearty and appreciative nod at that, seeming to be quick to make a new friend when that friend showed himself to be one who cares for others who might not care about him, and one who would acknowledge and engage, even if he didn't know.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:04 am
Grasping Futures XmDzQSl

ALEX

Alex met Calypso's hand with his own, giving her more of a high five than a handshake. Whether that was what he genuinely assumed she wanted, or whether that was just what he preferred to do, wasn't really clear, but either way it was certainly quite fitting for his personality.

"Alex Vaugrenard. I guess I am a man of fire, but you might have to check with my wife about the 'heart' thing. I don't really think too much about that, I just do whatever."

It occurred to him that Ulv had generally spoken of him in the same sort of way, but that wasn't necessarily a positive or a negative. For him, that was just the way things had been. His own mother had been nice to him sometimes too, but that didn't change anything, now did it?

"Well, if you wanna come along then I won't mind. Don't really know the way too well but I'll remember when I see it. Few pretty defining landmarks, nice waterfall we used to drink by."

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:11 am

A...medium five was certainly not what she was expecting, but she rolled with it because why not. It seemed to be the way the man lived as well, as he explained that he just did whatever. So she would nod to his offer of following, and speak as they headed in that direction.

"There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who contemplate before acting, and those who act. Neither is wrong, only what you do with that that truly defines your personality. One could argue that the man who thinks of his evil before doing it is more evil, but then you could also argue that the man who is naturally evil and needs not think to do it, is worse"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:26 am
Grasping Futures XmDzQSl

ALEX

"You put a lot more thought into this than I ever have, lemme tell ya."

Alex didn't say that disparagingly, of course. Despite the simple life their household lived, he knew pretty well that his wife was the sort of girl who put a lot of thought into those sorts of things. He sort of wished he could keep up with her, but he didn't actually think she wanted to bring those things into their peaceful little life. Better to just stay ignorant, really, and he was just fine with that.

"I'm not really the type of guy to care much about who's more or less evil. If they're both evil, then they've both gotta go."

Of course, that had hardly been how he'd seen the world a few years ago, had it?

"Guess it's just about perspective."

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:43 am

"Putting thought into things is what we do. People see Cultivation and think it spectacular flashy amazing martial arts. But, to excel at that you need to know yourself, and to know yourself you need to know others"

Calypso would trounce through the jungle with her new friend, Hvit gently humming to create a soft background without disturbing, and the day was generally...good. Plus, philosophy was a great thing to discuss with a fascinating stranger was one of life's true delights. Just needed some tea now.

"Mmm, I see it as scale. You can't fight the whole world, and most of the world is evil to some degree. So you need to know in your heart what you will stop. Some allow lesser evils for the sake of focusing on the destruction of greater evils. Some allow greater evils because they can not be stopped or slowed, and focus on the destruction of lesser evils. I personally, currently, fit in the latter. There is nothing I can do for the evil that walks as good, so I must content myself with stopping the evil that is evil. Maybe one day, I shall have the power to do more. But not knowing the limits of one's self often ends up with not having a self left"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:10 am
Grasping Futures XmDzQSl

ALEX

"I've heard about that stuff, but I don't think it'd be my style. I'm a little too in the moment for all that. 'Sides, there's plenty of people I just can't be assed to give a fuck about, so I'm never gonna be that understanding."

It didn't exactly seem like Alex was particularly bothered by that thought, really. This whole sort of conversation was just idle chitchat in his head, not something he really put much serious thought into. After all, moral quandaries weren't his area of expertise.

"I'm definitely not out here to fight the world. No plans on it any time soon. Maybe once upon a time I thought I had to get stronger and keep my friends safe from whatever might be out there, but I'm not doing them any good dead. If it's in front of me and it's evil, then I'll deal with it, but at the end of the day it can't be that evil if it's not causing any problems, can it?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum