Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Empty Re: A Dragon's Homecoming

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 am

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 6EdIfMt

Zhang was utterly bamboozled by the sudden shift in the woman's countenance. She went from disoriented and ghastly to her cute and bubbly appearance all within the span of a few seconds. The blood against the walls had evaporated, and so too, did her Kimono. Zhang gazed down at the woman as she teased him about holding her like a knight in shining armor.

He blinked as he stared at the woman, who was standing before him as if nothing had happened to her body at all. The blood on her Kimono was no longer present, almost as if it never existed to begin with. How did that happen? He wondered. Whatever the case, Zhang was relieved but also dumbfounded - rubbing the back of his head in confusion as the cultivator provided him with an explanation for the sequence of events that occured moments ago.

He was familiar with hollows but the thought of being possessed by one? No thanks. This woman was full of wonders the rising dragon had not yet discovered. Moreover, the hollow was once one with Lady Auber. Did he hear the name before? He could not say for sure. She mentioned her name twice.

With the way Calypso spoke, she seemed to be quite legendary. He could likely search her name in his phone and find results quickly. If she was a mighty warrior in the world, there was no way she wouldn't come up unless her files were completely erased.

He patted her shoulders, surveyed her body to look for any irregularities, and sighed softly as he sat on the steps. As she said, there was nothing to worry about outside of her inability to fully handle the potent force within her body.

"You almost gave me a heart attack, you know. Still, I'm glad it wasn't anything too dire. It'd be a real tragedy to lose a fellow cultivator whose shown me nothing but generosity so far. Plus, cute girls with good hearts don't deserve to die young. It's just wrong," he quipped with a chuckle.

He crossed his arms as he stroked his chin. He didn't want to ask about how she ended up crippled. Perhaps it was an unpleasant memory she didn't want to recall, and he had no intention of asking about it now. What type of bastard would hurt someone like this, though? He wondered.

For as many well-mannered men and women in the world, there was an equal amount of bastards and wicked souls who cared little for the wellbeing of others.

Last edited by Iori on Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:53 am

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

"Sorry for worrying you" she'd reply, being pretty unstable on her feet. Clearly the cheery persona was just an act to mitigate worry, and she was still recovering. Not one to let that get the best of her however, she'd stand up and shuffle down the stairs, gesturing for Zhang to follow her.
"Come on then. Shock over, let's get where were are meant to go" she exclaimed. A quick detour to the garden to pull a golden apple off the large tree - and then punch the tree - and they were walking through a cave with a slight upwards incline.

"So, while we are walking, tell me about yourself. Any fun stories from your adventures in Japan? Did you learn Kyoka, or sort of just distance from Wulin entirely?"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

Zhang chuckled as he followed the benevolent cultivator, exiting her house as they took a quick detour so that Calypso could find a golden apple. With the golden apple found, she struck the tree down. Their next trek was through a cave with a slight upwards incline. Navigating these places truly felt like a journey made manifest from a fantasy novel.

He wasn't particularly surprised, however. His father had often taken him on many trips through Wulin when they were a better image of father and son than they were now.

Even so, he couldn't help but be awed by returning to his birthplace. It sometimes felt as if he was a newborn here in spite of all the accomplishments he had achieved in a short time. He grinned confidently, eager to assert himself once again and forge a new path.

As they traversed the cave, Calypso decided to start a conversation. Zhang chuckled at her question. He was familiar with Kyoka in a sense, as his mother descended from Japan. His father had always told him of the many styles a practitioner of Tao Chi could pursue. Of course, he had no tales to give her about learning it.

"Kyoka? Ha, man, I wish that's what I learned. My time in Japan was both a nightmare and a dream come true. The nightmare was living a homeless life after my money had run out. I had to manipulate a woman or two or three to avoid living outside for too long. I supposed that was a good idea given how smitten they all seemed with my looks," Zhang said as he recalled those memories of days where he had to do anything to survive; pride was no option.

Zhang continued speaking, following the young cultivator towards their destination.

"The dreams happened when I was taken in by an older man and his wife who thought I was worthy of a second chance. He gave me a home, his wife fed me, and his children looked at me as an older brother. I acted as the family bodyguard while he conducted his business within a Yakuza Clan. I once ended up getting him into some serious shit," he whistled as he tapped at his head.

"But, the serious shit was handled. The patriarch of the clan who came to hold him accountable allowed me to explain that what I did was none of his fault. They beat me instead, of course, but oddly enough - a week later, they accepted me into their ranks and I, too, had joined their clan. In that clan, I met a man who I considered to be my sworn brother. His name was Vanyel Xiaoyang. He was a real asshole at times but his mind was always in the right place. When he loved or cared for you, he did so with a passion."

Last edited by Iori on Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Manipulation, and allowing himself to be beaten by lesser creatures. Was he so against his father and Wulin that he would do everything anathema to it? This man was a strange creature indeed. Though he also claimed to be well connected to Vanyel, Calypso's half-sister. The world was very small, it seemed, that three could meet yet be so spread in birth.

"So that's a no then. I should probably tutor you some more on how to behave before we meet the Queen. You have been lost so long she might flail you alive for three insults you give without notice" Calypso muttered, slowing down to look at him with a more critical eye than before.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:12 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

It seemed his history lesson had left a sour taste within the cultivator's mouth as Calypso gazed at him with critical eyes. He expected that. He was not particularly proud of his life in Japan. It was nothing but a nightmare in the end.

He wondered if staying home and just pulverizing his father's ass into the ground would've been a better idea.

If he had imposed his own will instead of trying to live up to a family name, he would've been married and knowing his hormones, would've had three or four children - each a cultivator born from cultivators. If Calypso gazed into his mind and relived his past, she would've likely wanted to strike him down where he stood. He understood that.

"Oh, trust me, I've done a lot of wrongs. I missed out on a few years of the benefits that came with living in the Tsu Clan - namely the elixirs produced by the Queen. Some of the best in Wulin and I pretty much thought it was a clever idea to seek life out on my own. It stunted my growth. My cultivation processes didn't really improve from where I left off, even though I left off on a good base."

Zhang furrowed his eyebrows as he gazed back at Calypso. If he could imagine a future vision of himself, he would've been an amazing warrior. He could have elevated to the rank of the truly legendary warriors within the Wulin Pantheon.

There was no use crying over spoiled milk, however. He would not make the same mistake again.

"You have a point there. I cannot say I'm proud of where my life left me. I left a family, I threw away my pride in a country unfamiliar to me and I have nothing to show for it. Quite frankly, my life up to this point makes me fucking sick, even if there were pleasant memories along the way. If I had the backbone to stand against my father, I would be in a realm so far beyond his reach that I'd be happy with my life. I'd have children. I'd have a wife. I'd have no regrets."

Zhang slammed his arm against the cave's rocks.

"But... I'm tired of living that way. I'm tired of feeling like I'm some damn beast that doesn't belong in Wulin. I'm tired of ignoring the potential I have, or the man I can be. I have a sister who deserves to see me again, and a father to settle the score with. If you wish to tutor me, I have no problem with that. I have a problem with Zhang Shen returning to the Tsu clan's ranks as some pissant who doesn't belong."

Last edited by Iori on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Well, this guy's heart was full of sorrow. It made her question what dad was teaching his younglings. Maybe she'd tell her cousin, Noctis, and have him commune with the Queen about it. It would not do for someone like Calypso - Dragonblooded or not - to bring it up, but the Lord Of Snakes was a different matter entirely.

"Hmm" Calypso would step up to Zheng and take his hands in hers, looking up to him. "You would have children, you'd have a wife, you'd have no regrets. Or you'd be dead. Or you'd be a Skapning. A...Kuei, as you put it. Or kidnapped by a mad scientist and experimented on, or a slave to a man who took your freedom instead of your life. Or you'd hit a bottleneck at the top of Gold, become entirely unable to break through, and fall into a great despair.

Don't think what might happen if you had done something else. Eyes should only ever be forward, the past is a lesson, not scenery. If you are truly repentant, fall to the feet of the Queen and beg her forgiveness, for the Queen's forgiveness is the forgiveness of the entire world. And then, cleansed of your past, raise again to pursuit ascension"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:22 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

Zhang once again found his hands entwined with Calypso's as she stared into his eyes. Countless hypotheticals escaped her lips, each grislier than the last. Each scenario was a detestable outcome more damning than the current hand of cards fate had dealt him.

Her gaze was resolute, with passionate yellow eyes that bore into his soul. Indeed, his life could've gone in a terrible direction from which he could never return. For one to be considered a Kuei was a great insult to the Wulin. They were malicious cultivators who lost themselves to the jaws of madness, an abyss Zhang had never dared to enter. He was no saint - far from it - but there were certain realms of brutality Zhang would never step across.

She had even presented him with the possibility of a proverbial peak. The state when one reaches such grand heights that mighty duels, strenuous challenges, and harrowing obstacles no longer present the same joy they once did. If he reached that peak, would he be any happier? Would he be satisfied? Ruminating on his thoughts for a minute second, he clicked his tongue as he gripped his hands around her own. She was overwhelmingly correct.

There was no use in ruminating on a "what-if" scenario. The present is all that mattered. Zhang praised the heavens that he had been allowed to meet Calypso during his return home. Her reassuring advice filled him with a sense of strength, encouraging him to move forward, to take hold of his destiny.

Redemption was not yet out of reach - hope had not yet abandoned him. His path to living the ideal life he envision for himself among his fellow cultivators was at his fingertips.

Redeeming himself in the eyes of the Queen was a great step towards that path. Excused of his transgressions, he would be able to achieve his dream - to surpass his father, to make his sister proud, and claim what was rightfully his.

"That's the second time you've encouraged me, Calypso. There is no use ruminating on what could have been. I should look only towards the present and future before me. Why didn't I realize that sooner?"

He warmly embraced his fellow cultivator before he let go; respecting her personal space as not everyone was always accepting of a hug. Even so, it was the only way he could show her the true essence of his appreciation.

"I'm thankful for meeting you today, Calypso. Most men or women will claim they are thankful but never truly show their gratitude. Your advice so far has been better than the roadmap I was gonna use, I'll say that much," he said with a hearty chuckle.

Last edited by Iori on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:18 am

"Of course I am going to help. We are all brothers and sisters in Wulin. Why didn't you realize sooner? Heh" Calypso would give a gentle laugh and hug Zhang, before turning back to the tunnel and carrying on on the journey. "There once was a man, pushing a rock. It was a large rock, of enormous weight, and no man could hope to move it. But he pushed it anyway, because this man was a man of undying passion, and his teacher had told him to move the rock.

He pushed and pushed with all his might, putting everything he had into moving this rock. And failed. The rock did not budge one iota. And so, exhausted, he looked to his teacher and asked what the point of the trial was. His teacher, in turned, pointed to the tracks on the ground, that the man had missed in his all-consuming desire to push the rock. It had moved, two inches forwards, a Herculean accomplishment that had praise heaped upon the Mighty Rock Pusher, and his story told forever more"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:42 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

Calypso was certainly a wonder of a young woman, wise beyond her years and strong of spirit. Zhang doubted many women, regardless of their will, would be able to handle the force of a powerful hollow living within their body, to say nothing of formerly being crippled.

She was an adamant spirit and Zhang admired her for it. As she pulled away from the hug they shared, the raven-haired cultivator continued to follow her through the cave. As they walked, she told him the story of the mighty rock pusher. A tale of a man who had performed a herculean task by pushing an enormous rock two inches forward.

To the average man, one might have found the tale to be mere hyperbole or even banal in its simplicity. Zhang etched the tale within his mind as he imagined his own tale. He wondered where his story would lead him now. Zhang stretched his arms out as he remained behind her, following her towards their destination.

"The rock must have been that enormous, huh? Mighty Rock Pusher. He must have been elated to know his tale would live on forever."

Last edited by Iori on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:22 am

"Not so much large, but more mystically weighed to be almost impossible to move. Only with true grit and determination would you push it after discovering it's impossibility. It was a test that the creator gave to people to see their heart" Calypso explained, finishing the walk and meeting someone who was waiting for them outside. Blue robes and a cap, with a Jian sword in hand, he was clearly not a normal person. And from the way Calypso nodded to him and followed his lead, clearly their guide.

With a guide, they arrived at the Tsu Estate promptly, and the blue robed man vanished as his job was complete. Calypso looked back to Zhang with a supportive stare, and nodded to him.
"Now, go and reclaim your life. So long as you don't spill chili sauce on her and are forthright with your words, you have nothing to fear"
Dragon-Snake | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum