Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Empty Re: A Dragon's Homecoming

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:53 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 6EdIfMt

Zhang quickly followed Calypso's direction as the young cultivator beelined to a street vendor that caught her fancy. The aroma smelled nice and Zhang had no issue with enjoying a meal, in whatever form it may come. Street vendors - based on his own experience back in Japan - tended to sell really good food compared to going to an actual restaurant.

He heard the ones in America weren't anything to scoff at, either. As she placed her orders, Zhang flashed a grin in return, eagerly curious to see just what she'd ordered.

He wasn't a picky eater. Life in Japan had humbled him. No meal was promised to him and so he learned to appreciate the values of having a meal, a home, and a support system. So far, the support system was going well. It was going to get even better with time.

Calypso managed to be full of so many surprises, though. Zhang was happy to see she was confident they could bring their beloved brother back to a human state but then she threw a whole avalanche in the form of admitting her dog turned from a dog to a buxom dog-woman. Now, zhang's imagination sort of roamed into a territory where he simply could not help but make a naughty implication.

"Me? Adventurous? Pfft, you've no idea. I was a party animal during my time in Japan. Even so, you don't get as adventurous as owning what certain men back in Japan would die for to own. A Man-beast metamorph, huh? Teach her any new tricks," he'd chuckle as he winked at the benevolent cultivator before chuckling. He wasn't sure if Calypso would catch onto the "tricks" part of his humor but if she did, even better.

"If she ever needed a new home, you know just where to find me. Well, you'll know soon."

Last edited by Iori on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

"No, I didn't know anything that was proper for a Man-Beast. She found one in the clan libraries though, so that all worked out in the end" Calypso replied, not getting the idea of tricks at all. Oblivious to the innuendo, she'd just sit around and wait for whatever it was she had ordered.

"Though, if she needs a new home, that means my clan has been wiped out to the man. So I really hope she never does need a new home. Losing everyone would kind of suck" Calypso would speak about the genocide of her clan in rather a simplistic manner, which was...not exactly the best thing to hear, but at least clued in the mentality of the woman.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:00 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

Zhang's attempt at humor flew over Calypso's head, soaring into the distance never to be seen again. He likely chalked it up to her not having a total grasp of humor in his realm of thoughts, and so he chose to move on from it immediately. He stroked her shoulder softly as he shook his head.

"Don't go thinking about things like that. it was a simple attempt at naughty humor. Japan has some rather interesting tastes, both in the past and even now. They draw about animal and monster girls, among many other things. And besides, now that you've met me - the last thing you have to worry about is losing anyone," he said reassuringly while they waited for their meal.

"I mean, you've probably got a better grasp on your cultivation technique and skill while I'm fairly rusty but, I'm confident I'll be at a level beyond my wildest imagination sooner rather than later. We're gonna change Vanyel back into a human and we're all going to be legends together, got it? None of this genocide business."

Last edited by Iori on Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999A Dragon's Homecoming - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:59 pm

Calypso would give him a slight stink-eye at the exclaimation that she'd never lose anyone because he was here.
"A promise you can't keep is a dozen times that of betrayal. For you cause pain in false hope and then lying, as well as the deed itself" she'd tell him, making sure he took that to heart before settling into her meal of...ramen, with a nice soup stock. It certainly smelled good.

Calypso would then get onto brighter subjects, and give him a smile. "Don't actually have a Cultivation Technique. I've been looking, but none of them really vibe with me. I am thinking of giving in and looking for Dragonblooded Techniques. I hate to rely on it, but at what point are you explicitly hampering progress the the sake of pride?"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:54 am

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

A sheepish smile formed on Zhang's lip as he stroked the back of his head. Calypso's little glare showed how serious she was about making false promises. Even so, Zhang was confident in his potential going forward. A little foolish bravado never hurt anyone now did it? He took it to heart nevertheless as the food finally arrived - a bowl of ramen with a pleasant aroma that made his mouth water.

He sat down beside her as he pulled his chopsticks apart, the two cultivators engaging in a conversation about cultivation technique.

He took a moment to allow his food to cool down as he turned to her, somewhat surprised by the revelation that she didn't possess a cultivation technique.

"Huh... I'm moderately surprised. I guess I assumed with all that wisdom and knowledge in that mind of yours, you had some neat cultivation technique that blew mine out of the water. To tell you the truth, mine's kind of simplistic but I guess when I put my mind to it, it gets the job done."

He'd place his fist forward as he explained his cultivation technique.

"Thousand Mortal Thrusts. When I'm not utilizing any gloves or wraps around my hand, my martial prowess can improve tremendously. For example, the more I strike a physical object with my fists, the more my martial cultivation improves. More than that, I gotta strike hard or go home. If I half-ass it, the whole technique goes to shit. Silver-rank is where I left off when I left but had I stayed, I could've gone a lot further. As I came from a Tsu Clan branch, the elixirs helped my process along a lot. When I left, it went without saying that I sort of hit a brick wall. Here's to hoping that changes going forward, yeah?"

With that light description, Zhang felt his food was still warm enough to enjoy and started eating.

Last edited by Iori on Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:25 am

"The knowledge is from reading, mostly. That and talking to the elders. When they aren't driven to partially hysterical incompetence, the elders of the Great Clans are exceptional for that sort of thing. Also, a lot of reading trained my eyesight to be able to pick out small details even when they are hampered like they are. So, smart book girl"

she'd suck some noodles up from the bowl and look up at him while he explained his technique. Simple, but easily executed with plenty of upward movement for him in the future. Developing it a bit more to make it a Gold Rank would be a great boon for him.

"Well, after you get everything settled with your clan, we'll go shell-diving. A Screaming Shell will help you get back on the horse"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:52 am

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

"No shame in being book smart. It's essential to one's growth. I recall loving to read my family's literature growing up and learning of the Tsu Clan's esteemed history. I'd like to return to that when I settle my differences and take my rightful position in my family's branch."

Zhang would slurp a few of his noodles while he listened to Calypso talking about shell-diving. He raised a questioning eyebrow as he continued to eat. Had he ever heard of a screaming shell or was it something he likely forgot? Well, he would ask. He held no shame in knowing much of his knowledge with wulin terminology was unreliable.

He momentarily paused savoring his meal to ask her about those screaming shells.

"I'll gladly take you up on that. One question though... what's a screaming shell?"

Last edited by Iori on Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:27 am

Giving him an unabashed stare as he asked that question, she'd look to the vendor as if he was going to do anything, and then back to Zhang.

"How many braincells did you kill in your journey? Were you so aggrieved that you expunged everything you've ever known about Cultivation from your brain?" She asked, spinning her chopstick around and sinking it into the tabletop. From there, a very unladylike gulping of the bowl followed, and she wiped her mouth on the napkins before standing up and turning to him.

"Screw returning to your family branch, I'd not trust you to muck out the Gandr stables right now. You need to walk before you can run, and right now you aren't even on your feet" she'd tell him, shaking her head.

"Cultivation is martial arts, true. But it is also internal introspection. It is learning and coming to terms with your place in the universe while you endevour to physical perfection. Your Dantian is always the size it is, but can shrivel with long unuse. I didn't think it a problem at first, since it is not hard to get back to where you were. But, you might need more help than I thought"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:35 pm

The Rising Dragon

Zhang Shen

As if on cue, Zhang expected Calypso to lose her marbles at the revelation of how much Zhang chose to forget in his life outside of wulin. He contemplated on whether or not he should've asked it - in fact, he was wondering if he could've gotten away with glossing over the subject and simply waiting until he could ask his own sister - surely she'd spare him such a vicious tongue, no? Well, Zhang continued to eat his food while he gazed at her. She was justified but this ramen was delicious and he felt perhaps that she maybe should've expected that. Even so...

Finishing his ramen at a respectable pace, he tapped his belly and nodded his head as he allowed her to speak. Turning towards her, he nodded his head and simply agreed, though not before he explained himself.

"Hey now, I didn't expunge everything. Some things are still rooted in memory but I'd be lying to say if I actually expected to return after the falling out with my father. I lived recklessly during my time in Japan. I indulged in anything from drugs and alcohol to constantly sleeping with multiple women. I'm surprised I have yet to receive messages about me being the father of a child or two."

Zhang let out a soft sigh as he turned to Calypso, scratching the back of his head.

"It's a difference between drinking for the sake of cultivation versus getting shit-faced just because. On top of that, I'd take any drug just to experience some sort of high though a lot of them tended to fall flat. I think women were my biggest distraction, and so none of my time in Japan involved wulin because I thought I'd never come back, or be welcomed back for that matter. I... didn't think there was a place for me here anymore, truth be told. My father had often told me if I didn't measure up, I was a failure to both our clan and the Tsu."

Zhang cracked his neck before standing before her, gazing into her eyes with a fierce glint in his eye.

"Any help, any guidance, any advice... I'll take. Be it through you or the support systems I'll develop going forward. That said, sheesh.. you'd be a hell of a teacher. Do I have to manage what type of questions I ask?" He'd quickly transition back into his playful nature as he tapped her shoulder, laughing heartily.

Last edited by Iori on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:53 am

"You really don't get the whole 'we are outlaws' thing, huh? You think drinking, drugs and casual sex is unique to you? People do that all the time. Focusing exclusively on cultivation to the exclusion of all else is dangerous for the mind and soul. Some cultivators are the biggest degenerates. Futsunushi literally advocated for degeneracy in his speech of life.

'Fight, and eat good food. Fight, and drink fine wine. Fight, and sleep with beautiful women. Fight beautiful women. That is what it means to live'. You think far too shallowly. You believe Wulin is a small part of China, not The Entire World. There is nowhere you can go that is not Wulin, even by stint of a single man"

Calypso would exhale and stare at Zhang. He was certainly beyond lost, and she didn't know what to do with him.
"Nobody is a Cultivator all the time. But the world in which you live is one which you will always live in. If you need help with anything, ask. It shall always be given"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum