Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Broken Melodies  - Page 2 Empty Re: Broken Melodies

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:23 pm
[PLAY POSTING MUSIC]

=

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 1901

He knew just the piece, and it reminded him of his beloved wife so. His fingers began moving to set about the melody as he began speaking. Carefully his fingers moved along delicate as though holding a child. It was almost like a vision of her appeared before him, a reminder of her beauty. "Once upon a time, ages past, a boy met a girl; the world had been colorless for him. Each color in it served a dull reminder, and she brought vibrance into his life." He paused, remembering the moments between him and her as children. Never letting it distract from the performance.

"As the sun sets and the moon rises, so did the days pass. She and he shared many adventures, none greater than when they both said I do." Those days and years that he spent with his wife and beloved children were the most precious. They brought about more joy for him than any victory on the field of battle could ever accomplish, from days of toy airplanes and camping trips. Every moment was a beautiful cascade of memories.

"They welcomed their first child in the winter, through the summer, spring, and fall. They had each other, and that was enough for the modest family. " HIs melody grew somber more so as the tale matched the melody slowly. Beginning to come towards the tragedy of this story. Love and sorrow were something that melded together in a pot. Ghislain's memory of Elizabeth was sharp as the day they met. And his love for her was more passionate than a thousand fires.

"Years flew by, and it became apparent one of them stopped aging. As he sat at her bedside, his heart knowing only love. She passed on, leaving him and his children alone. His heart remains frozen to this day, in love with her and those gentle moments. Some say that he still roams this world today, finding the color that reminds him of her." Inhaling a breath, his fingers came to a halt upon those keys. Having finished his piece and story, he sat thinking about it.

The color, in a way, died when Elizabeth went; no woman on this earth could encapsulate the sheer volume of color she brought. The joy he and her felt when they welcomed their children. The joy of one another's company and purity of that couldn't be painted or drawn enough. Though if one came into a home, he owned his wife's visage was present. Until Death does us part, he didn't believe in that and didn't let go of it.

He was a human in that sense, at the very least.

Graphics by: Forsaken Crow
Coding by: [THEFROST]
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Broken Melodies  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Broken Melodies  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:31 pm

Broken Melodies  - Page 2 CjpDEaF

Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi | Musical Wanderer

His own piece had been emotional, certainly, but there was a true difference to the substance of Ghislain's tale. To speak of a lost wife, taken by the sands of time, and little more of the child that came too, cut a little deeper than Rose's own unrequited love. That was a true loss, even if the years had eaten away at the pain until only distant memories remained, whilst his own was the price of his selfishness.

So, as they played together, the Vizard wept. Tears lined his cheeks as his fingers worked the guitar nimbly, not a note dropped nor a beat missed and yet he knew he had been bested. But to lose with style was the finest of ways to bow out, and so he continued to perform until the tale was fully told and the piano began to quieten. At the completion, he was among the first to rise in vigorous applause, sparing only a moment or two to clear his eyes.

"Bravo, bravo. A wonderful story indeed, Ghislain, right from the heart."

A hand was offered out for a firm shake, a show of respect from the defeated party to the victor. Even if it had never formally been a competition, there was always that sense of a challenge when two great talents met.

"I was no match for you. Or perhaps we were in a different league from the start, and I was too blind to see it."

He chuckled softly to himself and strummed a few dissonant chords, still, his fingers playing with impressive dexterity. A talent wasted, or perhaps a life misspent on other pursuits rather than music.

Looking for a rhythm | END POST

Anonymous

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:58 pm
[PLAY POSTING MUSIC]

=

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Ghislain sat still for a moment, reflecting on that time that was gone. His digits gently running along the locket worn around his neck. A small piece of her favored flower and a portrait to remind him of her. "Thank you, the best stories are told from the heart." He got up from the piano, moving to sit back down next to Rose. Having had both men share stories of their love. His love was unending for his bride. Even now, all these years later, his happiest moments were those 90 years that Elizabeth lived.

"You weren't any of those things Rose, you are young and still gaining new perspectives on this world. I am over five thousand years old, I've spent almost all of it on earth. I still to this day love my wife, even though it has been that long. We met all those years ago, I carry on her memory both now and forever."

Ghislain didn't mind admitting his age to people; most didn't believe it. His eyes were the giveaway of just how old he was. Despite his youthful countenance, one glance in those eyes told people. There was something ancient about the cerulean crystal eyes he had. Ghislain had the wisdom to offer to those who desired it and wished to learn. This world was in constant motion, and there was always something to learn.

Ghislain decided that he would let Rose react to that fact. The man sitting before him was here before most people. There were likely not many left alive from his time period. He'd had more names than he cared to remember over the years and had seen evolving perspectives from his life. Given tasks and things, he didn't care to be involved with. But in his time dealing with the two other Emperors, he saw many things. But now wasn't the time for such bitter experiences and memories. He was enjoying an evening with Rose.

"Love is a complicated thing, no matter how old or young you are. You could be seventeen, and it won't make sense. Even I can't give you solid advice on it, and I've been around a while."

His eyes looked at the ocean as he decided to use it as a way of explaining it. The waves were different in subtle ways and not always the same. "Love is like a wave; they are never the same. You can detect subtle differences if you watch. They don't fall the same or fall faster or slower. Love is like the ocean in so many ways. Trying to decode it isn't the answer. Just flow with it and be true to who you are. The results may not always be pleasant. But would you take away that love and what it taught you? "

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Broken Melodies  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Broken Melodies  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:01 pm

"I had sensed you were an old soul, but that is still an intimidating number of years to have lived. For you to still hold on to a love after all that time is no less impressive though, thousands of years at your fingertips but you hold one century so close to your heart."

His smile transitioned from one of sadness to that of hope, that even after all his time there was still so much he had not truly experienced. The pace and discord of his playing changed to a more concordant tune, the despair fading away. He had his own memories, his own storied history, and maybe it was not on the same scale as Ghislain but he had travelled across the world and into the stars beyond.

"I heard a hundred different people describe it, even tried to do so myself, but I have come to realise it is hard to quantify love behind a simple comparison. Each of us experiences it in different ways, interprets it in different ways, but it is always beautiful even when it hurts."

With a flourish, he tossed his head back and basked in that moment of clarity. Lilac eyes now following Ghislain's own as they looked out over the ocean before them.

Anonymous

Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:33 pm
[PLAY POSTING MUSIC]

=

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Ghislain was a good listener; if nothing else, he proved to be a man of the people. Even his time as Emperor was a great contrast to the prior. HUlderic wanted them to run with Mana, Yhwach wanted to use them for Godhood. Ghislain had no such designs or beliefs. His single motivation was for them to enjoy normal lives without the risk of annihilation looming on the doorstep. "Elizabeth loved our people, this world very much. It's why I decided to take this one last journey. " He said, his gaze coming back to the small spot they sat in. His ears could still hear children laughing and playing.

"One thing no matter the thousands of years have been certain, men do crazy things for those we love." He said, acknowledging the fact it was a crazy mission or even a goal. To try to end this back and forth of war that has prolonged the human world. Ghislain mused for a moment as he considered the situation.

"I suppose one thing has changed; humans aren't the ones starting wars anymore. Yet they are still fought here on earth, so places like this end up battlefields. " He'd seen more war than most people could ever imagine. Wars of men, Shinigami, Hollows, Demons, Quincy, and yet they were similar. People would die for something—a greater good or because someone told them to do so by some force. It was that exact thing he grew tired and bitter towards. Ghislain had seen war evolve and change, and it always had one common factor. Death drank deep, and people destroyed the lands.

"My wife loved this world, and she adored every little thing: nature, people, just an absolute adoration. So while I detest war and fighting with all of my beings, I'll fight for this world just this once. I hope your journey doesn't get caught in any of it." He said with sincere concern, Ghislain didn't want Rose to come to any harm. Ghislain enjoyed the musician's company and his earnest nature.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:14 pm

"If this is to be your last journey, then I am glad to have shared a moment of it with you. Wherever it takes you, I trust that you will not forget that love."

With a few final strums, Rose's guitar accompaniment came to an end. Standing now, he turned and began to put the instrument back in its case. A moment was spared to look at the sword that lay within, the orange handle protruding ever so slightly before he tucked it away once more. They had their own battles to fight, even if he did not wish to.

"Conflict comes as naturally to this world as the passing of the seasons, but humans are hardier folk than most give them credit for. No matter the catastrophe, they continue to persist and even thrive. That is one reason why I travel, the reason why I play for them, because they are an inspiration."

Sealing the locks with a practiced ease, he slung the case over his back just as it had been when he arrived. With a final exhale, Rose turned back to face Ghislain and offered him a respectful nod.

"I've been caught up in it all before, no doubt I will be again before my journey is over. But do not worry for me, I can take care of myself when I have to. So I would not mind it, should our paths cross again on these winding paths."

Anonymous

Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:21 pm
[PLAY POSTING MUSIC]

=

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Ghislain's hand laid upon the violin for a moment as he leaned his head back. Feeling the wooden frame support his neck and skull for moments. He listened to Rose quietly as he thought about things. The scope of the world and what he was doing. At one point in life, he wanted to die; his age and being alone consumed him. Students he had thrown away everything for greed. This entire process made him tired, maybe one part of him that was old.

"I suppose in one sense I am old inside; I'm tired." A yawn escaped his lips as he felt weariness tugging at him. Slowly he began to rise, and the instruments weren't his. They belonged to the people here, and anyone could use them. Ghislain's smile waned a bit as he looked towards the sea. It was about time for him to go. To return to Kokuryuteshi territory and rest his eyes and mind. The world was a place filled with wonder even now—another old soul traveling around in its wake.

"It has been a delight, Rose to meet you; I am going to return to my home now." He did something Ghislain didn't often do; he held his hand out for the man. Ghislain rarely shook hands with people anymore. He didn't mean in a disrespectful sense. The day had grown tiring, and after this action, it was time to go.

Ghislain's frame walked out of the vestibule he was in with Rose. His feet were softly touching upon what seemed to be air. But within moments, he was gone, having put his foot on reishi. It allowed him to move similar to Hoho for a Shinigami. Perhaps Rose would recognize it and the movement of the action. But that wasn't important too, Ghislain. The act of meeting Rose had made this journey worthwhile for the man from a different time.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum