Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Empty Re: Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian]

Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:03 pm

Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 QBwp8R0

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

Well, this sucked. Asami concluded as she continued to pick through the paperwork with her new companion. What little scraps she had was about to slip through her fingers and she could do nothing but sit here and smile about it. Doing anything would only get her in more hot water, but there had to be some way to make progress. Still, for the moment, she had nothing to do but keep up the ruse.

"Of course, I know I would not wish to displease the good Captain."

There were tales of Captain Kurotsuchi that had done the rounds, things that a scrupulous shinigami like herself had taken with a grain of salt, but it did not mean she could be careless. Julian's words were no doubt chosen to play on that information, another hint that she was in over her head.

"Can't be too much longer, if they're in here at all, right?"

Burning the midnight oil | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Empty Re: Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian]

Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:44 am
Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 LeCMmz3

JULIAN ST. VENDEMIAIRE

"That would be the hope, yes, but it is of course always possible that someone has already accessed these records ahead of me, and taken them for some other purpose. That would be rather unfortunate, wouldn't it?"

Pulling a file out after a bit more rifling through, Julian tucked it under his arm, rather unconcerned with the idea of simply removing it from the archives. Chiefly because, frankly, he had not a single doubt in his mind that there were other copies already at the Gotei's disposal. They were no longer so antiquated as to rely on mere paper record, after all.

"My apologies, miss, but I realize that I have yet to ask your name. Do forgive my rudeness."

END POST | WHEN TOMORROW COMES
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:21 am

"It happens from time to time, I imagine, but the files always end up back here in the end. It just slows the process down."

She saw him pull out one file and that only hastened her pace, if there was a chance that she might come across one of the files first then it could give her something to go off. Elsewise she would be the one waiting to see if anything ever returned.

The mention of her name was a little unfortunate, but it changed so little in the grand scheme of things. A pseudonym would never have done her any good were she confronted by anyone of authority anyway. So, she resolved to be truthful and just see where things went. Perhaps it would set off the warning bells, perhaps it wouldn't mean anything.

"Asami Furukawa, sir. From the 5th Division."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Overly Inquisitive Minds [Asami, Julian] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:23 am

JULIAN ST. VENDEMIAIRE

"That may be the case, but I do not intend to be held up on this particular matter."

That didn't give away much of anything, which was of course the whole intent of wording it that way. Even when it wasn't a matter of any security, Julian was a naturally guarded man. It just came with experience, he supposed.

"Ah, the 5th Division? I'd taken you for a member of Realm Enforcement. I am surprised to see the 5th interested in these matters."

Why was a member of the Stealth Force here? It didn't necessarily cause too terribly much trouble, but it was certainly a hurdle that he would have quite preferred not to deal with. Why was she even here? He naturally would not immediately accuse the division of treasonous surveillance, as that would be a grave matter.

But the possibility was still there.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:20 am

Asami bristled at his accusatory tone, her back straightening out a little to show that she was somewhat offended at him for even asking. A purposeful response, in truth, to feed into the illusion of wilful ignorance that she was trying to cultivate. She did not stop moving through the files, but her pace did slow as she moved one hand to her chest.

"I was attending to 5th Division matters before you arrived, likely I will be doing so when you leave. But my curiosity was my own, as I find it generally pays to be a little inquisitive in my line of work. I did not mean you any trouble by it."

Whatever tension there had been, it probably hung even heavier in the air now as she went back to focusing on the task at hand. She still had no idea what those names meant, what was going on beneath the surface, and why it seemed more and more like it was a scheme involving half the divisions of the Gotei, but at least this whole exchange was a sign she was on the path. Where exactly that path was going definitely remained to be seen.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:07 pm

JULIAN ST. VENDEMIAIRE

"I am quite surprised to see the 5th Division interested in these particular matters. Studying assorted Earth mercenaries and the like is quite unusual, though I suppose it has something to assume with an undercover assignment of yours."

Julian certainly didn't feel any particular reason why he ought not continue with this line of questioning. He naturally had all the authority to do so, but it was mostly a matter of responsibility for him. This was a tremendously important assignment, after all.

"Some of these files were rather recently acquired, were they not? I am surprised they would already be of such import."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:45 pm

"Only as surprised as I am to see the 3rd Division digging up such information, I assure you. But, again, there are more than a few names in this cabinet. When a report hits my desk with names that I cannot cross reference, I find a source that can. Diligence goes a long way, it prevents misunderstandings from spiralling into messes all of their own."

He seemed to be growing more intense in his investigation, but she was beginning to dig her heels in. She could feel it. What else was she meant to do? Backing down would only make her intentions more conspicuous, so instead she simply had to push through until he had nothing left to latch on to.

"I do not know when these specific files came in, though I am sure a clerk would have a fair idea. Unless you have some other relation to this data?"

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:48 am

JULIAN ST. VENDEMIAIRE

"Captain Kurotsuchi is quite fond of using outside resources for her research. Not on account of lacking any creativity of her own, mind. She simply seems to relish the challenge of surpassing others."

Julian had no issue with lying, of course, and he was a thorough natural in doing so. Of course, it was always easier if one could simply tell the absolute truth in such a manner that it still obscured other truth.

"I do not, no. It is simply my due diligence to seek out the information that my Captain requests. I feel it only right that I also inform her of any reasons I may not be able to provide her said information."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:07 am

"As we should all do for our Captains when we are unable to carry out their commands to the fullest extent. "

Asami did wonder exactly what he was trying to get out of her at this point. Prying into her business was to be expected, but she had done a decent job of stonewalling his lines of inquiry so far, right? She stopped in her filings as her fingers landed upon one of the names they had been searching for. As much as she wanted to take a peek inside, there was a time for patience and this was it.

"Here's another one then. At least that is some progress for you to add to your report."

Offering it out, she smiled pleasantly and waited for him to take it. To think that a clue to the plot that she knew was ongoing likely rested between her fingers and yet she could not see it, it was all she could do to mask that behind the warmth of a smile.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:25 pm

JULIAN ST. VENDEMIAIRE

"Thank you quite kindly, Miss Furukawa."

Julian took the folder from her politely, setting it with the first that he had tucked under his arm. In all likelihood, his misunderstanding of her position had already given away more than he would have liked to let slip. He ought to have made sure there were no other visitors first, but he had hardly even considered the possibility. Perhaps Elyss had been right, and he genuinely did need a bit of rest. How troublesome.

"I suppose if I spend much more time rifling through each of these, I will presumably have much more to find than can reasonably be achieved tonight. I will take these and return later, and next time I will hope the bureaucrats have better organized the files, hm?"

Laughing quietly to himself, Julian stood to leave, taking only the handful of files he'd actually found. Frankly, staying here would do no good, both for his official purpose and for handling this woman.

"Should I expect to see you again the next time I find myself here?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum