Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair]

Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:31 am
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 S9p2qbp

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

If nothing else, Claudia found Mr. Eisfluch's sheer optimism to be somewhat endearing, like a puppy yipping at one's heels. But even a puppy could certainly overstay its welcome, and despite her hospitality, it was not as if Claudia suddenly placed any genuine value upon her guest. Still, this was rather genuinely enjoyable for now.

"You are correct that the Vandenreich has not yet demonstrated those failings of all others before them, be that in your willingness to accept the help of others or, frankly, your practical outlook on the world. I even have a measure of personal admiration for your Grandmaster, if for no other reason than his boldness. Tell me, have you ever heard the reason for the hostilities between Vastime and the Vandenreich?"

It was true that Claudia found that aspect of the Vandenreich's leader to be thoroughly respectable. She did rather wish she could be so brazen as to simply tell the world that she would have her way, but alas. Not yet.

END POST | THE QUEEN OF CARRINGTON

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair]

Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:46 pm
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 CNkWtvq

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | Tourist

For a woman that had just professed her disinterest in politics, it was still of little surprise that Claudia was so knowledgeable about such matters. He had, of course, read several dossiers on relations between Vastime and the Vandenreich prior to undertaking this mission. But even they were redacted in places, information held behind clearances that he did not have. It was likely the Duvalier Group had the means to work around such bureaucratic restrictions, though even then perhaps there was a value in hearing of events from a different perspective.

"The Grandmaster is indeed quite the figure of renown, he inspired me to put my faith in an organisation that has so failed my kind times in the past. As for relations between the two, I have read reports and studied articles but I would not call myself an expert on the matter. Much like yourself, I would rather leave politics to the politicians and focus on what actually matters. But perhaps you can illuminate me on matters I was not yet aware of? I am not well versed in local customs, though I believe there was some bad blood between the Grandmaster and local leadership?"

His questions were broached carefully, there was some truth mixed in with his absence of knowledge after all. But if she was perhaps using him for some purpose or another then the least he could do was pick up a few answers along the way. Not that he felt particularly used, toyed with a little but hardly anything to write home about.

Browsing Incognito | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:00 pm
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 S9p2qbp

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

"I was present in this very city when the relations between the two soured. I had, in fact, been preparing for a meeting with several members of Vastime's military leadership on that day. Your Grandmaster simply spirited himself into the throne room. The whole of the nation, was suddenly on high alert for days on end."

Setting aside her now-empty wine glass, Claudia gestured for Eliane and Arlette to go and fetch dinner. She hardly needed to say anything, seeing as the two were a well oiled machine. Claudia was enjoying telling this whole story, anyway. It was so pleasant to speak ill of her benefactors, even if in the most roundabout way.

"I of course do not know what was specifically said between the two, but Vastime and the Vandenreich have maintained their cold war ever since. It is quite peculiar, particularly seeing as the king and your Grandmaster seem to have maintained a perfectly cordial working relationship. Perhaps it is all simply some nationalistic pride."

Claudia almost found herself pleased at his questioning, pushing past what she would have called reasonable propriety to continue the flow of conversation. She doubted this was information that most could simply come across, after all. Why not throw the little puppy a treat?

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:23 pm
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 CNkWtvq

"There are times when actions speak louder than words, I suppose. Though perhaps it is the relationship between the King and the Grandmaster that averted further conflict, especially in the face of greater foes. There are lessons to be learned from both sides, I am sure, for pride only goes so far."

There was more to it than that, they both knew it, though it was not like the answers were just out there waiting to be said. Alastair knew where the red tape began, and continuing to pry was only going to put him in a more compromising position when it came to his business here. If she had more to offer him, of course, he would listen and be both appreciative and concerned by how she had come into such information. But it would not surprise him. Assuming Claudia Duvalier knew everything and working backwards was a good policy to have, that was something he had quickly deduced from her reputation and continued to maintain.

At the mention of dinner or even just the suggestion of it, Alastair did wonder if they should relocate to a dining table or the like. They had been perched on this sofa for a while, sitting side-by-side, perhaps they would be face-to-face soon enough.

"If anything, it shows the value in forging bonds outside of our respective organisations so that we can come together to overcome that which divides us."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:25 pm

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

"Pride has been the bane of this world since the beginning of civilization. I think perhaps that is the simple reason that the world remains as it is now, rather than having returned to the bright utopia that the world seems to have been before the Third World War. Those with power know how important they are, and they do not wish to lose such an enviable position."

That was, of course, what differentiated Claudia from the others in power, at least in her own mind. She was certainly a proud woman, who knew her value and what she could leverage. But none of it mattered to her. She was, in fact, perfectly content even if none knew her name. So long as her plans came to fruition one day, none of that needless fame mattered.

Standing as the twins carried in the meal and set it up in the kitchen, Claudia offered Alastair a much more kindly smile than her earlier ones. Was it false? Ah, well, who could say for certain? She did quite appreciate those who knew their place, and those who provided her with something irreplaceable. It was so rare someone was willing to speak with her like this.

"Well, let us not continue such serious conversation into dinner. I would prefer this to be a pleasant evening."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:01 pm

There was a conviction to Claudia's delivery that did take Alastair by surprise. He had known that the woman was driven, resourceful, and oddly charismatic yet it seemed ever so genuine when she spoke so harshly of pride. Perhaps she was pandering to him, but he had hardly been overly vocal of his opinion on where exactly pride had got them. Suddenly he caught himself looking at her with a genuine feeling of intrigue, and then, just as suddenly, the rug was getting pulled out from underneath him.

"I cannot help but wonder if the world was once a utopia or rather that is what history wants us to believe. But I would be interested to see what a world without pride looked like."

Rising to his feet a moment behind Claudia, Alastair looked towards the kitchen and offered a polite nod to the twins as they went about their duties. At her direction, he began to follow her in the direction of the food.

"Of course, this is hardly fitting talk for the table. So, I am a guest in your home, but is there anything you might ask of me?"

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:38 pm

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

"Only that you enjoy the rest of your evening here, Mr. Eisfluch."

Of course, there was so much more that Claudia could have asked of him, but she would have none of that in her home, and certainly not over a meal. A meal was one of those very few things that Claudia held to any degree of importance; she had, after all, lived a life where even a scrap of food decided if one starved to death. No matter how far she climbed, how influential she became, she would never allow a meal to be poisoned by business or serious matters.

And, so, the meal was filled only with idle chatter. Small talk, pleasantries, the like. The food itself was, naturally, the very best that possibly could have been afforded. Wealth allowed for delicacies few could ever dream of, and if nothing else, Claudia certainly treated herself extravagantly when it came to food. When it was finished, Claudia stood once more, and gestured out toward the balcony which overlooked the city.

"Outside and to the right is the pool. Do enjoy it. I will join you in a few moments."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:11 pm
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 HbjsNIZ

The meal had certainly been pleasant, extravagant compared to the meals that he was used to in the City of Lights, but so too was the company. In a way, it was alarming that he could sit down with the head of the Duvalier Group and enjoy a quiet dinner like they were old associates. Who was he to her, but a small part of a larger tool, yet she went to all of this trouble on an idle whim? Standing as Claudia did, Alastair offered her a thankful nod as he headed for the balcony with a rucksack slung over one shoulder.

"That was much appreciated, Lady Duvalier. I suppose I shall see you in a few."

The evening sun still hung low in the sky as he stepped out onto the balcony, a city bathed in the orange glow lingered beneath him, yet he did not focus upon the scenic views quite yet. Turning right, as instructed, he made for the pool at a leisurely pace. Leaving his bag tucked away in a corner, he took out a pair of swim shorts and hunted for a place to change. If there was nothing out there then he would head inside and use a bathroom.

Eventually, bereft of most of his clothes now, Alastair found himself slowly sinking into the pool. It was refreshing cool against the ambient heat of the country, which remained present and somewhat oppressive well into the night here. Slinking deeper into the water, until he was nearly up to his neck, he rolled back his head to look up to the sky and awaited Claudia's eventual arrival.

The Deep End | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:36 pm
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 0LFS2sV

CLAUDIA DUVALIER

Naturally, Claudia herself had a more convenient entrance to the pool than Alastair himself. The darkened, reflective windows that overlooked the pool were in fact the entire wall of Claudia's own suite. Of course, those windows were all inches thick, and spiritually reinforced several times over. It was hardly a security risk, but she did find the view aesthetically pleasing. Stepping out of a door in one of said windows, wearing what could really only be called a fairly modest two piece swimsuit, she greeted her guest with the same cordial smile she had worn all night.

"I am glad to see that you find these accommodations agreeable. Do be careful not to swim off into the skyline, hm?"

Though, in truth, she had seen a body or two plummet to the street below from up here. Corporate assassins were a rather tremendous nuisance, but it earned her a touch more leverage with the government if the matter of her safety was one that could indirectly spill into the safety of Vastime's people. Ah, well. That was not important at present.

"Though I must admit that I doubt this can compare to having the pleasant seas of the Pacific available to you at any time. The City of Lights is nothing short of any realtor's dream, I should think."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:11 am
A Little Mouse, In Over Its Head [Claudia/Arlette/Eliane, Alastair] - Page 5 HbjsNIZ

Alastair did jolt in surprise as the door was cracked open in what he had once thought was an opaque glass wall before he rotated around to face the source of the commotion whilst resting his arms on the side of the pool. The sight of Claudia in her bathing suit was a pleasant one, he supposed, but it did suddenly make him think about what was on the other side of that wall and whether it was as opaque as he had so naively assumed. Thankfully, he had been prudent to change elsewhere, but it still did feel like he had been putting on something of a show for her. He dismissed those thoughts quickly though, Claudia had plenty more about her than to be spending her precious time sneaking in a look or two.

"There are only so many compliments I can pay you before I begin to sound like a broken record, but the views are to die for."

Casting his gaze away from Claudia and back out over the metropolis, he began to swim towards the edge of the water that looked out over the city. It was a slow stroke, purposefully done to disrupt the water as little as possible. Eventually coming to a stop near the cusp, he continued to look out for a moment before turning back to his hostess wearing a smile similar to her own.

"There is a certain homely comfort to a conventional pool compared to the vastness of the ocean, but I would be remiss if I did not also pay respect to the City of Lights. Regardless of your affiliation, I think none can deny it is a rare beauty. A jewel in the midst of the Pacific. I would certainly recommend visiting one of the many beaches to a passing tourist."

The Deep End | END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum