Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Empty Re: Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:55 am

KENICHI MURATA | RELENTLESS DRAGON

"The Nine Yin Manual? Of course! Simply reading the book only adds to the grand warrior she was and how she so effortlessly blended those crazy techniques together. I never got the time to sit down and truly learn from her. She was the mayor of a city and a busybody at that, though she always humored me anyway in spite of that." Kenichi reminisced on the type of woman Ulv was from first impressions.

She was the embodiment of uncontained energy and her spirit and zeal for life had always made him feel that, even if he did harbor regrets in life, her firm and resolute spirit always kept him motivated, to improve and one day, perhaps, win against her in a duel. Such things would never come to be but she had certainly left a permanent imprint on Kenichi's soul that would never be lost to time, even when his youth was no longer present.

"Facing against her in battle was truly the epitome of unpredictable. To describe a duel with her, I'd say I never felt a battle where I was lost in admiration, awe, and frustration all at the same time! She was a warrior who never used the same technique twice nor did she rest on her laurels. As you can imagine, fighting someone like that with such a repertoire of techniques... it was truly something to behold."

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Empty Re: Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:47 am

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

"Currently working on Earth-Grasping Step, myself. It's a hell of a technique though. Gotta be really careful with it. The first time I did it properly, my whole ankle just crunched from the force. Though, according to Hvit, Ulv didn't do much better with her first attempt" Calypso put in, finishing her meal and graciously accepting some more food from the tray that had been brought.

"But, really. How does it help a person if you do the same thing every time? You'll not grow beyond a point but rather adapt to their flow and deflect not by skill but rote memorization. The ability to switch up every day at random, to have so many forms mastered that you do not impede the training at all by deciding this time you have Taiju Snake rather than Muay Thai...that is spectacular. Having practiced 10,000 kicks, 10,000 times..."

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:20 pm

Kenichi was elated to observe Calypso helping herself to as much of the food he had - or still intended on - ordering. Food was essential to a cultivator's diet! Kenichi listened to her as she continued to speak, pulling another plate from the fine array of cuisine, using the chopsticks to savor his morsels with one hand while he helped himself to a meat-bun.

Even though he remained silent - partly due to the fact his mouth was full - he never once let any of Calypso's words pass through his ear. Indeed, there was no questioning the level of excellence achieved by mastering and adapting to various forms of martial arts in such a fashion that allowed her to shift seamlessly between an array of disciplines without missing a beat.

Kenichi viewed her in a similar light to a Yu-Shan cultivator, a cultivator where the rules no longer applie and they performed otherworldly techniques that left any mortal spirit speechless. Swallowing his food completely, he decided to speak again, excitedly adding to the conversation with his own experience.

"You might be more bold than I am, Calypso. I attempted Earth-Grasping step once and failed horrendously. I figured until I could learn the proper mechanics and nuances of the technique it would be more beneficial for me to work on the techniques I could execute through muscle memory and yet... even I still remain awestruck by some of the feats listed out in that book."

Kenichi couldn't help but finding himself reminiscing on those halcyon days when he pursued Ulv in Minatumi, issuing a challenge every time he crossed paths with the Flame of Resolve. Leaning back into his chair, he sighed somewhat longingly, wishing he could relive those days - even for a second.

"She was a fun woman to be around, too. When you meet masters of their craft, you expect someone stoic but she was anything but. Ulv was a woman, who, even if she beat you into the ground, she'd heal you up and tease you about the whole event."

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Reconciliation Between Dragons And Snakes - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:33 am

"I hate it. She makes it seem so easy in the book. Like 'Just lean back, lift your leg, become enlightened to the natural state of the universe and the flow of all things within, and then kick'" Calypso would laugh, shaking her head.

"Never saw much of Ulv though. She was less public with her fights so there is less footage to watch. Mostly, I watched Mirja, who is Ulv...somehow. Anyway, she was known in the fighting ring as 'The One-Hit Wolf!' because of her legendary strength, famous for ending her fights with a single thunderous punch that blew her adversaries across the ring.

She was only matched once in her entire life, when she fought Ren Hakarai. His Leeching Fist style managed to totally stop her strikes. So he goes of blocking these blows until she throws this......fucking....Hvit calls it an Utsusemi Fist, which means nothing to me, but in essence, She threw a punch and then the punch vanished as he blocked it and the real one blasted him in the gut. And that's that, game over. One Hit Wolf just hit him, clean and proper.

Only he got back up! Not only matching Mirja's martial skill, but surviving her iconic, eponymous blow as well! Though, surviving is the right term for it. I've watched that fight a dozen times, and Ren's legs were shuddering trying to keep him stood. Chances are he would have collapsed himself in another minute. But, through pride or civility or the fact that she didn't like the idea of being called the Two-Hit Wolf, Mirja submitted and Ren won"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:50 pm

Listening to Calypso, Kenichi found his mouth somewhat ajar as his eyes lit up when Calypso retold a most engaging tale. Mirja? He could not particularly recall if he heard that name before nor was he aware of the relation it held towards Ulv.

He may have had an opportunity to socialize with her a few times and even follow her around out of curiosity, but they never spoke at length about anything in particular. Kenichi would leap in front of her whenever he felt he had sufficiently cultivated his skills and trained, challenge her to a battle, and suffer a resounding defeat.

She was and remained to this day - the most frustrating yet awe-inspiring opponent he had ever faced. Even so, Mirja - whom according to Calypso was also Ulv - seemed as if she were an equally enticing opponent he would have salivated over and challenged to a duel, regardless of his limitations.

Kenichi was a man who leaped headlong into battle, oftentimes heedless of the danger his enemies may have presented. He was learning to temper his excitement and passion, developing an acute sense of composure over the last few months.

As she finished the riveting tale, Kenichi felt a wave of electricity run through his body, that sort of indescribable sensation felt wherein one felt as if they had experienced a breathtaking moment.

"That must have been one display of endurance - to withstand such a strike, survive, and remain upright... I must say, Hvit has certainly spent some time around women who exist in a realm of martial prowess exceeding our own skill. Still, it motivates me to grow stronger and cultivate my own skill in hopes that I may reach their precipice."

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:54 pm

"Mmm, and even more, Mirja was different. Like Futsunushi before her, she had a body of marble. It did not yield or flex as most do, even those of supernatural durability. It was just as hard as the mountians, and struck like them as well. Implaccable in defence, Inexorable in offense, once would not be wrong to call her unparalleled under the heavens" Calypso exclaimed, golden eyes shining with delight.

'Ibiki still kicked the crap out of her though. And Stefan, and Demonica. Admittedly neither of them fought her at her peak but the point stands ' Hvit commented. Calypso acknowledged her saying it, but ignored the implication. She was finding it hard getting through the idea that one person was Mirja's equal in this world. The idea that there were dozens...didn't bare thinking about.

"Apparently Mirja was Ulv's equal in raw skill, just lacked the talent and mental wherewithal to polish her skills to perfection. Mirja was...unfortunate. Not quite a Kuei but definitely Tao Deviated"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:22 pm

To place Mirja on equal footing with the venerable Futsunushi only heightened Kenichi's awe tenfold. Kenichi, a man familiar with many of the legendary tales of Wulin Lore, had always admired Futsunushi's approach towards life. He even came to embody a quote of his in some aspects yet learned to reign in the ones that may have lead him into trouble. Futsunushi did fight a man over his wife before.

Even if Kenichi was madly in love with a woman, he didn't know if he'd go that far unless he sensed a mutual interest and the woman felt unhappy in her marriage. None of that mattered at the moment, though. His attention was wholly placed on Calypso speaking about Mirja, the type of opponents she faced after Ren, and, of course, the relation she held towards Ulv. Since Calypso mentioned her, why not learn more about Mirja, too?

"Tao Deviated? If you don't mind me asking, Sister Calypso, why was she considered unfortunate? What type of life did she lead? To be honest, there's also the relation she has with Ulv as... we never spoke about personal matters like those. I always sparred with her more than hosting conversations over a cup of tea," he'd sheepishly rub the back of his head as he chuckled.

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:02 am

There was a sad smile on Calypso's face as Kenichi asked her about Mirja's life.

"Hvit has told me that it is not a tale for children. Or teenagers. Or adults. Or ancient multi-century beings. So I inferred that it was...not good, and didn't ask. Though, she was forthcoming with Mirja's relationship, as forthcoming as you can be with that topic anyway. Apparently, Mirja died and her soul was caught by some sort of soul catching device and placed in Ulv's body, which gained it's own identity and was a being who was once Mirja, but subsumed the woman into a greater gestalt mass known as Ulv.

As you may have guessed. Steam came from my ears when she told me that"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:47 pm

Kenichi tilted his head as he observed Calypso's sullen expression. If Hvit had not retold Mirja's past to her host, it must have truly been a harrowing tale wrought with tragedy and torment.

Holding the regal woman in a high regard, Kenichi would snoop any further than was allowed. At the very least, Kenichi now understood the scope of Mirja as it related to Ulv.

She was a soul that was placed into another body but in time, what was once Mirja eventually became Ulv. It was a bit of a peculiar phenomenon to wrap his brain around but he understood the base idea well enough.

"What an interesting origin story... I kind of always had the feeling there was an otherworldliness about her but I could never properly pinpoint what it was. Her body and the way it was structured did feel as though it was more than meets the eye, among other things... of course."

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:11 am

"That's because she's a Vizard, dude" Calypso commented, finishing her food and putting the chopsticks down. It was impolite to eat like a pig in a restaurant. "Her body was biologically human, which was how she was able to Cultivate, but her soul belonged to the blackrobed Swordsmen of the other realm"

Cleaning her Chopsticks off and spinning them about to put them back, she'd stand and stretch some.
"But! As nice as chattery has been, a girl has things to do, and I am sure you can't spend all day hanging around here. It has been a lovely time though, and I very much enjoyed it"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum