Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Empty The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ]

Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:22 am
This was esoteric, dumb, and stupid.

That's what was running through the Koizumi's head as she slaved away over some dumb textbook given to her by one of her squadmates. Yadda yadda, something about needing to learn if she wanted to survive in the squad for long. The thought of returning home to her father after having failed being a healer would be the worst possible timeline, even worse than it is now. So she had to study, she had to learn. But the problem is that learning hakuda was pretty straightforward and simple, punch here and thing dies. Kido, on the other hand, was like learning magic. Good thing there was a magic teacher in their midst or Kokoko would be shit out of look.

"Captain?" She stuck her head into the captain's office, hoping to catch the woman before she left. It the evening by this point so it was surprising that anyone was there, but it was most likely that the captain would have some form of paperwork to stay back to do.

Coded by Slayer

The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Sumera-character-list
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Empty Re: The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ]

Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:51 pm

The relative peace of the Gotei in recent years didn't mean Liana would go sedentary. She remained hard working as ever, and made sure to maintain her division's sharpness. Any day could be the moment disaster strikes, and being steeled for it was the best you could do. That said, preparation didn't come down to just training and drills. There was an order to things, and paperwork was an essential component. And as fervent as Liana was to accelerate her division and put in 110% of her effort at all times, paperwork was not the most exciting portion of the process.

When Kokoko poked her head in, Liana lifted her attention from the desk to her subordinate with a soft smile. There was a feeling of relief, and the captain fought the urge to stretch herself as a greeting.

"Koizumi-san. Please, come in; how can I help?"

The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:00 am
Luckily, Kokoko was able to catch her. If the Captain was't there then things were going to be bad. Not awful, but still pretty bad.

"I had a couple questions about kido if you didn't mind answering them. I was also doing some reading up on you and figured now would be the be best time to get to know you." A weak laugh crawled its way out of her throat as Kokoko's nervousness could be felt from miles away. The captain was a busy lady, approaching her like this was most likely a waste of her time but Kokoko didn't know who to turn to. Taking one step inside, Kokoko dared not to take a seat until allowed to.

"My first question is about the creation of kido. You're sort of popular around here for it, so I'm wondering what your process is when you want to make a new one from scratch?" A legit question and a bit loaded.

Coded by Slayer

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000The Magic Touch [ Kokoko x Liana ] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:10 am

"I'm flattered to hear that." She said it with a smile, but Liana knew of the Koizumi clan well, so being told that she was 'read up on' by a member had her ears perked more than usual. Now, Kokoko had the captain's undivided attention.

She kept herself reserved, but on guard. The two seats facing Liana's desk remained empty, and though she received Kokoko with a warmth in her smile, she made no invitations to sit.

"A wonderful question, and perhaps a long one. Might I ask what sort of kido you are thinking of conjuring? The process and what to consider changes considerably depending on the intentions and functions."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:28 pm
Oh boy, that was the million dollar question.

"So, about that. I'm looking to make a type of Kaido that is both supportive and offensive, as the current standard leaves most medics wide open in a combat situation. Especially as someone who specializes in Hakuda, with both my hands occupied trying to heal a person, I'm basically a sitting duck." This was partly a concern from Kokoko but also one of many. The biggest one would be the fact that Kokoko is still barely able to cast Kido in the first place, let alone having mastered the standard form of Kaido.

But she wasn't going to tell her captain that.

Coded by Slayer

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:24 am

Liana made sure to listen intently to how and what Kokoko precisely said, if there was anything between the lines to infer. What could be the underlying question is not a kido that allows for Kokoko to fend for herself, but an attempt to create an offensive spell guised as a defensive spell. It wasn't a conclusive assumption, though.

"I understand the concerns. Applying medicine and healing kido can leave a practitioner vulnerable. Thankfully, that is what we have teamwork for, and the purposes of training the division to learn large formations."

A flash of brilliance came to mind, though Liana was cautious to recommend it.

"Perhaps, I could offer another solution--one that will be easier for you, and a long-term learning experience? Though, it does, over time, require consistent visits with me to check on the progress, and it will be rigorous. It will guarantee you being capable of self-defense, even with your hands busy while healing, and if you gain mastery, a plethora of other utilities."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:05 am
Concern and curiosity came for the forefront of her mind as Liana posed a new solution to an old problem. Maybe it wasn't new, but rather rare. Either way, if they could physically move, Kokoko's ears would have perked up. If not before, the captain now has Kokoko's full attention.

"I'm willing to try anything you recommend, Captain. I'm rather early on in my career in the Gotei so I'm like a blank slate." A hint of eagerness and excitement could be placed in her voice, though Kokoko tried her best not to show it. The idea of actually learning something was enough to get her hooked. It's hard to know why, because it did not come from a place of greed, neither of knowledge nor power. Maybe because it was the Captain of all people to offer? It's not like Kokoko's admiration for the woman could compare to that of Shishiyuki, but the name Unohana was something that commanded respect. And oh boy, did Kokoko comply.

Coded by Slayer

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:24 am

"Wonderful. Are you familiar with shikigami?"

A small mouse scurried atop Liana's table. It perked its ears up towards Kokoko's direction and stared directly into her eyes, soullessly. There was no presence emanating from it, like it was a pebble by the side of the road.

"When it comes to kido, it might be considered my trademark. And, as it is a kido, it means others can learn it too."

The mouse's body dispersed into floating, visible spiritual particles. As if a gust of wind came by, the particles moved fluidly around Kokoko like the seeds of a dandelion, eventually settling on her shoulder, this time as a miniscule ladybug.

"That said, I don't teach it to merely anyone. It's a large commitment that will take a great deal of effort. If you are able to and willing, it can become a great asset to your skillset, and inevitable teach you a great deal about how kido fundamentally works. Something like a mouse or ladybug might be mundane and unthreatening, but a shikigami can become the exact thing you're looking for. Something to defend you, fight for you, support you as you do your duties as a member of second division."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:29 am
The rookie's eyebrows furrowed as she descended into a deep thought. It was an enticing offer, the kind that only an idiot would refuse. And Kokoko was no idiot, but she was lacking in skills and confidence. Was she up for the task? Well time would tell, but the possibility of failure scared her.

"I-I..." There was a struggle to get the words out. "I think that might be what I'm looking for. And I'm willing to at least try to achieve a high level in it, if you're still willing to teach me it that is." Even when trying to be humble, Kokoko couldn't drop the formalities. It would have felt and been weird if she started to get more comfortable now but at the same point the way she was speaking felt out of place now following the offer given to her by Liana.

"When do you want to start?" This was more asked out of a place of confusion rather than excitement. This was probably something best figured out early on in the process.

Coded by Slayer

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:29 am

"Right now."

The ladybug glowed for a second, once more dispersing into a collage of lights. The spiritual particles danced in the air, settling in front of Kokoko's face as a rotating ball.

"To the best of your ability, try to pour your reiryoku into the ball. Just a smidge, it's nothing too demanding. Doing at least this much would surely be a prerequisite to begin learning the skillset, but as a member of the Kido Division I trust you can do this much."

If Kokoko was successful, she'd see a change in the lights to being monochromatic, in various shades of the primary colour of her own spiritual energy.

"Once you've done that, my spiritual energy will carry your own into an appropriate form. As you do this, try to imagine a simple shape, one with movement that you can control. For me, animals and humanoid bodies are the easiest things to form that are mobile."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum