Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Empty Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond]

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:19 pm

LIANA UNOHANA

The infirmary was quite conveniently located adjacent to the training grounds, as Liana had it moved there. Expediency was often important in the matters of medicine and health care, and being nearby was important.

The large shikigami which bested Sol was also responsible for carrying him to bed. Liana personally saw to his restoration, being sure to attach his arm and stabilise his energy. For all intents and purposes, he was in tip top shape--maybe even in better shape than he was before their duel.

After assuring his health and wellbeing, Liana left it to the on duty staff to change him into clean clothes and other amenities. In the meantime, Liana changed into her own uniform. By the time she returned to check up on him, Sol's eyes were open attentive.

"Was it dissatisfying loss?"

END POST | THE BLOOD MOON

Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Empty Re: Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond]

Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:02 pm

Solhammond Palliser | GROWTH

He is silent to her question.

He lays in the bed staring at the ceiling. His mind replaying the events in his head over looking for something he might’ve done differently. As if there was anything he could have prevented the outcome, a futile gesture at the end of the day. His eyes closed as if wanting to shield light from his gaze, before his lips cracked into a smirk followed by a chuckled huff of air. Her question was amusing to the wandering soul that was Solhammond.

“Hard to answer that, Captain. I feel like all paths led to failure but…” He trails off for a moment as his eyes open to be greeted by the ceiling lights. The bright lights of the medical area always seem a bit too bright. “I wouldn’t change anything. It makes me wanna fight harder, smarter. To know how much more I have to go; it’s… it’s… it’s wonderful.”

He slowly tries to lift the arm that was cut off as if by habit, it feels sore at the point it was connected at. But he was happy to have it, causing a smile to spread across his face. He felt light like a feather, in a way which he wasn’t before. It was strange. The reaction to the beating should be anger or perhaps the drive to get back out and train. Maybe that was what she expected from him.

But for him it wasn’t so easily surmised. Like being in a car driving down a serene countryside, he was merely basking in the moment. Not rushing towards a destination that would disappear if he delayed. His head turned to the side to look at the window briefly, in thought for a moment.

“Thank you, Captain Liana. I do not find the loss dissatisfying.”

END POST | WHITE KNUCKLE BRAWLER

Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] JfH75kA
Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] H8Tyk70
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Empty Re: Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond]

Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:42 pm

LIANA UNOHANA

Liana couldn't read his mind--mostly. But she knew that he spoke no lies. He seemed calm, focused, and brooding. Which was good.

"What you should do from hereon--though I suspect you already have an idea of doing this--is to review the progress. You achieved a glimmer of what you could achieve. Now, you simply need to find the path to your success and begin building a framework to it."

The captain's hands waved in the air as she walked forward to his bedside; spiritual particles illuminated into the picture of a road branching off innumerably, like branches to a tree. The lines of one road became brighter, thicker.

"Once you discover your path, you fortify it. You create a foundation for it. You strengthen yourself, quicken yourself, smarten yourself. Foundations are important."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Good Work Out There, Champ [Liana/Solhammond] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:14 pm

“I think I can do that.”

He’d go to sit up slowly with some level of pain evident on his face. But like many things in his life he persisted through it to rest his back against the wall. His long hair seemingly a mess for now, not that he cared about appearances right now. The path ahead was hard and tedious but something about it excited him. It reinforced his will to improve, no not just improve, but cultivate something unique in himself.

“I’d like to keep doing this, more training with you. I know you’re probably busy, but I don’t think it’ll be a waste of either of our time.” He was straightforward in what he wanted, that much was clear. No point in trying to convince a captain to train him more, they either would or wouldn’t. He offers a grin to her, his lips pulling into a toothy smile that showcased the genuineness she suspected he had.

Where others felt sadness or shame in failure, Sol found something else. And he was quite content with it.

“I certainly need to work on my Kido foundations. I suppose I should study some more theory? Any advice on that front?”

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:33 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Liana already felt certain in her assessment of Solhammond, but it was pleasant to see that it was accurate. More so, it was pleasant to see the budding of strength and vigor in a shinigami.

"I'd be happy to oblige, Palliser-san. I share the same sentiment. If our schedules align and I have the time to offer you guidance, I will let you know."

Liana's door was always open, so to speak, and it was in her genuine interests to see the members of the Gotei blossom in all the ways that they could. Though this was yet another responsibility and task on her plate, she felt more than capable of taking it on. The captain made note of her schedules and calendars; she'd be sure to confirm with her notes before making any promises, of course. To her memory, however, she considered there to be an appropriate amount of time to sit down and review their sparring for the moment.

She walked forward and summoned an illusory chair on Solhammond's bedside, sitting down and crossing her legs.

"The strength and stability of your kido need some work, but your form and execution is quite good, and you know how to transform your energy and manifest it into different spells well. I believe acquainting yourself with the flow and control of energy external to your body would do you some good."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:10 am

When she went to sit down he’d sit up as best he could in the bed, still feeling somewhat sore as he rested his back against it. He’d nod along with what she said, considering her words and what they meant. He’d wish he had something to take notes along with, but committing them to his memory would work too. He had a pretty good memory, at least according to him.

“Could you give some examples to that, you’re meaning the portion of casting when it becomes it’s own external… construct or spell? Or do you mean how energy works in general in the world around him?” He’d inquire, figuring that no question would be bad at this moment, even if he did feel a bit silly. He’d bring his hand upwards, staring at it for a moment, as if visualizing the spiritual particles that floated around it. Replying to the events of casting a kido in his head, trying to remember how it felt once it becomes one independent creation outside his body.

“Ah, I wish I had something to take notes with.”

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:31 am

LIANA UNOHANA

"Here you go."

Liana stood from the chair, went to retrieve a tablet from the medical desk behind them, and gave it to Solhammond before sitting back down. There was a notepad app opened that he could send to himself afterwards. It was also loaded with other entertainment applications, offered to patients that would be required to stay in the infirmary for check ups. Just something to keep them busy. It wasn't infrequent that shinigami--especially those of the combat division--with too much time on their hands told to rest still became unruly and problematic. Liana made it standard to have a tablet available for every bed.

"I can see that you're fairly well acquainted with hakuda and hoho, methods of translating the energy within yourself into physical phenomena and actions. You seem to know your way around martial arts in general, so perhaps it comes a little more naturally to you. Kido more or less functions similarly in basis--translating your spiritual energy into physical phenomena. The key difference is that the phenomena extends beyond your body, and it requires a continuous focus and control of that energy. The further from your body, the less control and sharpness of action. Though it's the same in concept, as I'm sure you've realised, it feels different."

As she spoke, Liana demonstrated a light emanating from her abdomen expanding outwards until it coated her whole body. Her spiritual energy could be felt warmly, and eventually the movement of the energy, still alight, moved to the palm of her hand. It then left her body, forming a ball, and then turning into a silvery fire. The fire floated away from her, and the further it traveled, the more erratic the flame became, until it eventually wisped away into nothing.

"It's practice and understanding more than anything. You need to focus on being able to stabilise your energy, and in doing so, the more energy you can pour into your kidos while still maintaining the effects and intents of the spell."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:40 am

It took him a second to find a proper app to start recording information in, but he began to do so with surprising alacrity. He had one of these for personal usage, and one back home before he died. It was a good way to keep track of a lot of his health statistic, as a fighter had to make sure to not break weight or become too unhealthy between bouts. For now however he was using it to annotate what she said as notes he could remember, looking up with a nod as she began to show the light.

“Understanding and practice, it’s not too dissimilar from working a muscle.” It was a simple comparison but it worked well enough for the purposes, after all doing this over and over again would grant him better understanding and a stronger way to perform it. “But you gotta work it the right way, know proper form and all that so you’re not wasting energy doing ineffective actions.” It was clear that he was understanding the concept, it was more dedication than anything after that point.

“That’s useful, are there any exercises I can perform focused on that?”

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:48 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Liana clapped in affirmed excitement, "Exactly like working a muscle! Of course, there's more complexity in manipulating your spiritual energy, but the idea of improving it is the same."

Liana stood up for a moment. The seat beneath her transformed into a wider platform, enough so that she could comfortably sit on it in a meditative position, her cross-legged, her zanpakuto placed in her lap.

"It's unfortunately not too commonly practiced because of its difficulty, but the best of way of exercising control of your spiritual energy and strengthening its particulars is the same as establishing a better connection with your zanpakuto.

Of course, the difficulty is exceptionally high if you have yet to establish much of any connection with your zanpakuto spirit. However, once you overcome that, there is no faster path."

Around her body, two wisps of light conjured, gradually coalescing into more tangible, solid figures.

Spoiler:

They rotated around her, whispering tones too subtle to fully understand. Though it would normally be imperceptible, Liana made it apparent the spiritual connection between her and the two rotating bodies. It was without verbal conveyance, but as a shinigami, feeling it was something else. It was, in a sense, a sort of enlightening experiment to vicariously feel the connection between oneself and their zanpakuto spirit, and the degree of preciseness and strength that came with the manifestation through spiritual energy.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:12 am

Ah man. That was cute. Why did she clap?

It was a subtle thing as he watched it, she was after all insanely strong and his superior in every regard. But the almost girlish way she went about that did cause him to smile involuntarily, looking at his tablet as if to write something trying to gather his thoughts before deleting what seemed like an incoherent thought. He’d then look back up to her, the smile fading slightly as she manifested her spirits.

“That’s been hard.” He’d sigh, it was surprisingly one of the aspects he struggled with the most regarding his skills. His Zanpakatou had been quiet to him thus far, and he didn’t know why. He could feel it in the abstract, the reflection of his soul. But it was… intense. “My Zanpakatou and I haven't established that connection, and not from a lack of trying. It’s strange to put into words.”

He places his tablet on his lap, a hand coming to rub at the side of his neck in thought.

“I think this shows me the path forward, and something to work towards. But it seems like the next steps rest squarely on me. I guess the intensity I feel from my Zanpakatou, it’s something else. It’s honestly a bit scary, if not exciting. But, thank you, Captain Unohana this has been insightful.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum