Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue174500/99999I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Empty Re: I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana]

Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:37 am

Solhammond Palliser | GROWTH

It was not the water which brought fear to Solhammond Palliser, it was the unknown which seemed to be waiting beneath it’s surface. And as they descended into that darkness he felt his throat seize up, his breathing becoming ragged for a moment. As Liana was brought to overwhelming awe by the creature before them, Sol was on the opposite end of the spectrum. A primal fear which was embedded into his soul, something ancient and unknowable that told him to run even if it meant death.

When she asked him to release her it was met by no resistance, a simple autopilot which heard her and listened. It was clear that something deeply troubled the man, as he sucked in a deep breath. That fear was soon channeled into a fight or flight response, his chest bucking upwards as he took a step forward. Hands flexed before tightening into fists as he leaned forward, as if prepared to throw himself at the monster which had resisted the captain.

If it was perhaps in great part of the Hands of the Redeemer that he didn’t do something drastic. For but a moment he felt a hand upon his shoulder, one which radiated warmth that was not here but felt. An old memory brought to the surface, of a man and three brothers. Sitting upon a wooden dock in a faraway land, with laughter filling the air.

The tension in his body was lessened, but it did not leave as he swallowed. He steeled his nerves as his chin picked up.

“Beautiful… is one way to put it.” The man would remark as he looked around what felt like an endless void, and in turn one of his greatest fears. To know all this lurked beneath a lake he frequented was frankly both awe inspiring and terrifying. He moved closed towards the wall of the bubble, his hand pressing against it testingly.

“I don’t like this at all.” He’d mutter mostly to himself, as he peer’d deeper into the water. Some level of anxiety filling his soul. He noticed a light off into the distance, and definitely felt like that might be a trap. One of those weird deep water fish with the glowing bit. Who knew! Regardless he’d turn to look at her. His face is trying to have a smile as well.

“I guess we should… move back to the surface?”

END POST | WHITE KNUCKLE BRAWLER

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 JfH75kA
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 H8Tyk70
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Empty Re: I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana]

Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:45 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Back to the surface was the plan, it's just--how? That was the current predicament they were facing, given that whichever cave and tunnel Liana's energy or shikigami went through--all relaying information back to her--gave no hopeful results. Still, it was in Liana's nature to not sit still on the matter. The stress Solhammond was visibly undergoing took priority, and taking them out of this situation was for the best. She held some vestiges of disappointment for not being able to succeed in her first catch, but that hardly mattered as much in this situation. Besides, whatever air was in this bubble was limited.

"Okay, I'll start moving the bubble, then."

At random, Liana selected a tunnel for them to float towards. It was a fortunate venture that brought them into another expanse filled with yet more crevices and tunnels. This one, however, felt different. Her senses--Sol's senses as well--would be unable to pick up much from this area. It wasn't nearly as illuminated as the other expanse.

Any attempt to exert energy outside of the cavern came to failure. Any energy that touched upon the walls of the cavern were repelled off as well.

"Strange. Palliser-san, can you sense anything around here? It feels as though my energy is blocked, or something. But, not by any sort of counteractive spell."

They were out in the wild Outlands. It might've been possible that this was a small--well, small being a loosely used term here--deposit of Sekkiseki. Perhaps the fish from earlier had parts of the mineral embedded into it, which was why the well of spiritual energy it possessed could only be felt when up close to it.

"I could pick yet another tunnel to go through at random, but if you have any ideas on what we could do to find which way is the right way out, I'd like to hear it."

END POST | THE BLOOD MOON

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue174500/99999I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:19 am

“Call me Sol.”

His voice was a hushed whisper as his eyes seemed to take in the sights around him, like a kid witnessing something they’d never expected to see. That mixture of curiosity and fear that couldn’t help make itself known to an African kid. As they neared closer to the walls if only by merit of the currents he almost reached out instinctively, a look of intrigue on his face when paired with what Liana said next.

“These… they kinda remind me of Seki-Seki.” His pronunciation of it was slightly off, indicated by his accent. But he had a feeling she would know what he meant. He’d turn his head towards her, a look of thought on his face. “I spent some time with Suika, before I joined the academy. They mined that stuff, and this, it kinda reminds of it.” He’d remark turning his face back forward, his shoulders loosing some tension at the mention of his found family.

In some ways remembering the lessons he had learned all those months ago brought some calm to his nerves, unrelated to Liana’s spell. His shoulders squared themselves as his head nodded, his nerves coming back to him. Like whatever cloud was around his brain was dispersing ever so much, bringing back the young man.

“We should find a current, and follow it. If we’re lucky, it might take us out of this cave system. Upwards is always better.” He’d mutter as if trying to recall any lessons in his life that might save either of them, but the raw truth of the matter it was mostly about keeping their wits about them. Not to panic- wait was that a mouth?

Before Sol would have time to say anything else, something struck the bubble with enough force to sent it shooting through the tunnels. Like a pinball within a machine, Sol cursed as they seemed to be ricohetting every which way throwing Sol and Liana around in the bubble. They seemed to be crashing through the tunnel, with whatever that struck them chasing behind at dizzying speeds.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:03 am

LIANA UNOHANA

"Remarkable."

She held the same intrigue as Solhammond; Sekkiseki was a rare and valuable material, after all; to come across a deposit of it in this area, large for the rarity, it felt fated. Not that Liana was a particular believer in the sort, though it surely was an impressive finding. She'd make note to report it back to the Gotei for its moderation. She'd have to come back out here for verification and appropriate handling.

"What an interesting experience, Sol-san. What is it like, working amongst the Suika clan? Though they've become fairly prevalent and integrated into our communities and society, they're still a very different people with their own culture. To my understanding, they're very open people."

Just as she was expressing her interests in Solhammond's experiences, something collided with her bubble, which in the moment acted more as a force field. With urgency, Liana reinforced the barrier, forming protrusions on it to grab onto and places to put their feet and remain stable. With the strength of the two, they'd be capable of keeping steady despite the bouncing around.

"We'll do as you instructed, Sol-san. Just keep holding on, and I'll accelerate out."

Due to the sekkiseki, Liana's senses couldn't get ahold of what just collided with them. It seemed unlikely that it was the large fish from earlier--it was far too large to fit through these tunnels. At the same time, even the glow of her bubble and the lightings of the luminescent walls failed to reveal it; either it was invisible, or camouflaged enough to remain hidden in the area.

Liana thought for a moment of retaliating in all directions, wherever the assailant might be, but it remained too dangerous. She was unsure of the structural fortitude of these tunnels, and a collapse would surely spell their doom. Since she couldn't manually sense the creature, let alone see it in this lighting, the most Liana could manage was to send a burst of a spiritual energy out and see if any of the energy bounced back. Unfortunately, with the speed and violent manner of the bubble's movements, it was difficult to notice anything significant. The most she could surmise was that the creature didn't chase after them beyond initial contact.

Solhammond's suggestion had yield, and soon enough Liana caught wind of a rising current carrying on away from them. With a push of the bubble, progressively stabilising their travel the entire time, the two managed to catch onto the current and be carried out from the tunnels.

The exit revealed an enormous expanse of water, like they had just entered the vast and open ocean, wide enough and far up enough to allow the light from above to reach them.. Creatures of all kinds wandered about, though Solhammond in particular would likely recognise them to be distinctly of Earth.

"It seems we've succeeded? Good job, Sol-san. An escape well done!"

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:44 am

Sol was just along for the ride, and that much was clear as he sprawled out on the floor of the bubble. If his eyes could make dizzy circles, they certainly would be. Instead he was merely laid on his ass with his arms spread out, a groan of pain leaving his mouth as he blinked twice to see a sunny blue sky. A far better sight than what he was looking down in the depths, slowly causing him to get to his feet within the bubble he’d look around with a face of puzzlement.

“Thanks… I’m a little confused about where we are.” He’d remark looking off in the distance for anything that might be akin to a landmark, or something to figure out where they might be. Before eventually turning his attention back to Liana. “Good job on getting us out of that place.” He’d compliment slowly, still trying to get his bearings, before casting a look off in the distance to what looked to be a landmass.

“Sorry your first fishing trip ended up like this, it has certainly been more eventful than my own. I spot something up ahead too, it looks like land but I’m not sure how big.” He’d comment pointing slightly off to where he spotted the mass. “I never even got to tell you about my story.” He’d chuckle, which felt more amused than tired at this point.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:52 am

LIANA UNOHANA

"You're more than welcome to tell me another time."

That was an earnest response. This trip had already yielded far more fun for Liana than she ever could have predicted, and a fair amount of catharsis. An affirmation of the path she currently walked.

Liana directed the bubble to rise up towards the surface and towards the landmass Solhammond pointed out. The fish swam around them, avoiding them, and being away from the sekkiseki enabled Liana to appropriately digest her surroundings spiritually. The area was definitely, significantly, less dense in reishi. In fact, it felt the same as the Realm of the Living. For the time being, Liana held her tongue on explaining anything excessive. If the cave from earlier turned out to be a natural path from Soul Society to Earth, an area in which the veil between the two realms was so thin it had been punctured, it would be a considerable issue. Not just because a deposit of sekkiseki was along the way. If someone else found the cave, it would be an easy, undetectable travel between realms. She'd have to report that much back, and with urgency.

"I believe we are on Earth. Do you recognise where we are?"'

Perhaps it was silly to ask Solhammond where they might be, with so little indistinguishable information to go off of. At most, they could see the infinite ocean and the nearby shore they were arriving at. Perhaps the nearby wildlife and underwater flora might hold an answer. Though Liana was unfamiliar with any of them, near the seafloor swam chagos clownfish, and off in the distance they could make out a silky shark.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:45 am

Sol took a moment to look around fully, taking in the sights and sounds of the area. While it might prove to be difficult to pinpoint where they are, he was more than to be on earth. Furthermore the fishes seen in the area might prove to help show where they are, as he knew those where clownfish. Not that he had ever caught one, they were just sorta an iconic fish.

“Not quite sure exactly…” He’d remark looking around, before going to sit on the bubble. “But if we’re on Earth, then it shouldn’t be hard to get back to the soul society right?” He’d point out, having become somewhat of an expert on travel between Earth and Soul Society. Or at least experienced enough that he could take them back with no real issues. With that he’d go to sit down on the base of the bubble.

“Do you mind opening this up?” He’d comment waiting for her to open the bubble to the air outside, once she did he’d go to lay down on his stomach at the water’s edge. A hand would dip into the cool ocean water, swishing his through it. It had been a long time since he had been to the ocean, or at least this deep within the waters. “A long time ago I would actually be worried to be stranded out in the ocean, like maybe a shark or something might eat me. Now? Now I just wanna go for a swim.”

He seemed to be musing that thought, knowing that he was no longer the young man he once was. Instead he was something of a fighter, warrior, and even a father. He had traveled the earth and set his roots down in another realm. To think all of this was started by dying.

“I think I’m gonna go for a swim.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum