Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai]

Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:28 pm
Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 TdyEUBx

Katori Nobuko

"Hm? There's something wrong with my speech?" She'd tilt her head, uncertain of what her friend was trying to say, though the subject quickly slung back to Zanpakutos. Ah, Igen...

She'd smile and shrug, "Yeah, I suppose we do get along pretty well. Though, they aren't extremely talkative; i've always assumed they're shy." was a friendly way of sugarcoating the true ominous nature of her sword, "It's hard to guess what yours may look like.. It could be anything. Maybe it'll be something on the stubborn side, or full of conviction, or pretty, or pink. Something like that!"

Katori would smile widely as she tried to give some words of endearment to her friend, "Just keep on top of your jinzen and treat your sword well! I'm sure it'll speak back eventually... Don't think you have too much going on for it to be incredibly difficult to form."

END
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai]

Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:54 pm
Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

Igen chuckled just a little at that question, briefly thinking it was a joke. However, once he clocked the look on her face, he blinked, surprise written on it. "Uh....yea? You can be kinda condescendin at times. I mean, I dont' mind, I know you don't mean it. But theres some sour bitches around these parts. You gotta be careful around some of these peeps." He pointed out simply enough, as if it were the most obvious thin in the world.

As they shifted onto the subject of Zanpaku'to he snorted. "Tch, you make it sound like it'll look exactly like me. Is that even a thing that can happen? A clone of me. Sounds awesome. Or maybe boring..." It'd be hard to have a conversation if they already knew what the other was thinking right? All the same, he smiled a little ruefully as he promptly noticed that shift in tone. "See, now I know you're being sincere. But I dunno. Something about your voice... makes it a little hard to tell. " He pointed out.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:28 am

Katori Nobuko

A slight bit of worry trickled into her smile as Igen put more focus on her tone and how she spoke to people. There was a problem with it? To no one's knowledge, she had spent several years rehearsing the personality she portrayed to others, polite and proper, stressing for other's success and wellbeing and the like. It definitely had gotten her through years of the academy and into her work up into 13th seat, even if a lot of her interactions were either work related or shallow. She was content with that thin pool until recently, she felt she had to take more responsibility as one in a higher position, especially if she was ever going to make it into the higher seats.

"I'm always sincere?" She'd reply with that worry dripping into her words, "My intent is simply to bring up others around me and understand what they're going through, how could that be condescending or hard to read?"

Though her tone remained soft and light, she did seem a bit more insistent than a moment prior, "It's my responsibility to be looking out for everyone, how could that be misconstrued as wrong or unpleasant?"

END
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wish You Well [Katori, Igendai] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:01 am

Igen let out a WHEW and shook his head. Holy shit she DIDN'T already know? Woof well this was ...quite a situation! He stretched a little and sighed, straightening his back as he .... took a moment to process what she said and find out how to word this. "I mean. Hm. You certainly come off as .....TRYING to sound earnest. But it kinda feels.... off? It feels like ....an employee, being polite because it's their job. It was hella weird at first to tell ya the truth. But yea. It does come off as kinda shallow. IT's not like...blatantly insincere. It's too rehearsed. You never stammer or pause like...you know... a normal person does. which you know. Yea, that's what you expect when you're on duty. But you also talk like that in private, so its a little confusing." He pointed out.

He paused. "Consider this. Like...hey, Katori. I don't mind like...helping you out with this kinda thing if you need help. HONESTLY I had no idea you didn't like...INTEND to sound like this. But you ARE my friend. So I'll help." He noted with a big smile. Before raising a finger. "Now. Compare that to....."

His face brightened up, but it was .....different. It wasn't that unrestrained, big, cheesy earnest smile he always had. This time, he was smiling much more placidly. Restrained. And gave her a calm serene look. "Ah, Katori-chan. I had no idea you were having so much trouble. Talking to others is pretty hard isn't it?But don't worry, Igen-kun will happily help you through this. What do you say?" He asked, extending a gentle hand toward her. To show her what the disparity was. TRUE, he was TECHNICALLY being polite. Hopefully seeing it from the outside might help? Hmmm. 'Actually, it might help to see yourself talk. Maybe we can get you like... a camera or something? I guess that would be kinda conspicuous onless it was like...small. I dunno. But yea. It's something like that when you speak sometimes." He noted. Having no idea that he was basically telling her that her little constructed act wasn't as airtight as she'd hoped.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:16 am

Katori Nobuko

She seemed mildly surprised at Igen's surprise; was what he was seeing truly so noticeable? She'd hear him out, only giving an even more confused expression with his explanation, "Rehearsed? Well, that can't be right..." Of course she was feigning ignorance - those hours in front of the mirror couldn't simply be disregarded, but there was no reason for Igen to be privy to that level of her, none in the slightest.

Igen's little mock presentation of how she came across certainly was accurate - that was exactly the impression she was going for. She didn't appear bothered or even upset by his example; it was her intended pattern - kind, helpful, aware of one's troubles, a happy face to those in need. She couldn't be tripping over herself in her role, she needed to be the exception, the example, the dependable. She couldn't just fall apart.

"That's very sweet of you, Igendai," She'd begin after short contemplation; she couldn't just turn down his offering - it would do poorly for their friendship to outright deny him, "I am quite normal, I feel though; I haven't been in any fights and I get along with everyone rather well. You're a dear friend for being concerned for me, though, I don't mind trying your idea if it will make you feel better about this."

END
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Igen blinked and frowned. "Normal people don't say 'I am quite normal' Katori. And like....it's whatever. If you're not concerned about it then you know. That's your business. But like, it DOES make you seem like a bit of a bitch to some people." He pointed out. Was it mean? A little, but was he just gonna LET her go on talking like that without warning? HELLO no! He was a GOOD homie. He wrinkled his nose just a little at that 'offer to try his idea if it made him feel better. The WORST part is that he knew she was trying to be sincere. "Nah, if you don't think it'll be necessary then I'm not gonna put ya out there." He noted with a shake of his head and a yawn, standing up and slipping his top back on.

"Anywho, thanks for checkin up on me. We should talk more often actually. It HAS been a while since we just like....you know....chilled." He pointed out. Some small part of him kinda.....didn't like what he'd discovered about Katori. But well .......it wasn't bad enough for him to just like...stop being friends with her. Especially since he KNEW that, EVENTUALY, that was going to cause problems for her. Just because she couldn't see that yet wasn't her fault. He sighed and smiled a bit to himself.

"I think I'm gonna go get something to eat. Find someplace quiet and watch the clouds while I have lunch. I'll seeya around, okay?"
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:20 pm

Katori Nobuko

Katori seemed visibly taken aback with Igen's sudden indignation, her perfect expression changing to a half smile and wide eyes. She kept quiet as Igen spoke to her of her issue, turning down her attempt at compromise, and overall seemed to be in a hurry to go. This wasn't the Igen she knew prior; he would often go through their conversations without much concern of how she was coming across, at least that was what she wanted herself to believe.

"..Have a good day, Igen." Her voice had dropped from it's cheerful tones to more of a neutral one as she walked out of the office and off on her own.

Reaching a quieter place with none around, she would take her zanpakuto onto her crossed lap, her fingers touching the blade as she'd meditate, the uncomfortable creep of thorny vines crawling across her flesh as those orchids snaked to meet her ears,

"How long can you keep this up?" Their layered, cold voice hissed with amusement, "Watching you squirm with that mask upon your face is getting boring. You recall our exchange, yes? Boring is very bad for you."

She didn't respond, her gaze having darkened from that sunshine-spewing look, her smile nowhere to be found.

"Why not just cut it out? Are you scared of throwing it away, after using it as a crutch for so long? I wonder if there's even anything underneath it at this point... Or... Perhaps you're scared of what others would see? How dull. What happened to that starved girl who ran bloodied screaming for her freedom and convictions? Have you grown complacent?"

Her fingers tightened on the sharp edge, drawing blood. Yokudansui only squeezed her flesh harder like a constricting snake.

"Well, get a grip. If you really want to keep that boy around, you figure yourself out right fast. Otherwise, this will be the death of you, and that is certainly not good for me."

END
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum