Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Empty Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki]

Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:09 am
Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] S65mSIF
MASAMUNE ERIKA | VICE CAPTAIN

Work in the first division was generally something that kept Erika fairly busy, particularly given she wasn't the type to sit idly by when she'd finished whatever was immediately pressing. There was always something that needed doing, something to be improved, but it crossed her mind as she finished the last of the day's paperwork that she ought to follow up on something fairly important. She stood from her desk, and then walked briskly toward the Captain Commander's office, knocking twice before entering. Her demeanor was professional as ever, which was to say it was stern, sharp, and still looking generally dour.

"Captain, I wanted to see if you've been keeping up with your kido training."

She wasn't accusing the woman of having not done it, but at the same time, Erika had high expectations for the woman that had taken over as Captain Commander, and even moreso given her claims that she would surpass anyone who had held the title before her. While she might have had the potential, that certainly wasn't going to be the case with the pitiful displays of kido she'd had prior.

There was, ultimately, a correct and an incorrect answer to this question.

END POST | COLD AS STEEL
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Empty Re: Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki]

Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:23 am
Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Murasaki-header
KAGAYAKU-NO-MURASAKI | CAPTAIN-COMMANDER

What a nice change of pace, Murasaki thought looking up from the paperwork on the desk. As hard as she pursued perfection, the sharpening of herself in every possible way to excel in her role, little brief moments of reprieve were always welcome. Even if the petite blonde wore a scowl that she thought would suit her pretty features a lot more if she turned the corners up a bit but she knew how that comment would go! Teehee

"You bet, Erika!"

In its own way it was kind of sweet, or maybe she was a bit to optimistic when it came to her friend, though she liked to think that this check-up meant that Erika cared under that sour look that she kept twenty-four/seven.

"Thanks a bunch for ya pointers, it was real helpful to jog my memory into gear again. I'm feelin' pretty good 'bout it now actually but I've still got a long way to go and don't plan on slowing down yet, hee~heen~"

She was proud of herself and why should she not be? Every achievement mattered and you had to commit to it, when hard work paid off it was all worth it.

"How 'bout you? Ya having any trouble lately?"

let's all do our best | END POST

Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Gamma_Signature
Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] CHARACTER_LISTZatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] GRAPHICS_THREADZatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:56 am

At least Murasaki had given the correct answer, though Erika hadn't come here expecting the worst from her. Despite her high expectations for the woman as a captain, she did consider Murasaki a friend, and Erika wouldn't have been friends with someone that slacked off on anything even slightly important. The casual way she handled their conversation wasn't something she'd ever outright condone, but it didn't get in the way of her performing her duties, so Erika didn't bother saying anything about it.

"Good. If you plan to be better than the Commanders before you, where you are now isn't even worth talking about."

It was a harsh criticism, certainly, but Erika knew Murasaki could handle it. Besides, pulling her punches wasn't remotely in her nature, as both a person and in her capacity as vice captain. Murasaki was cheery, free-spirited, and had asked Erika to work with her specifically to operate counter to that. It would be a dereliction of her own duty not to be so harsh.

"Trouble? No."

But that wasn't entirely true, either. She'd been studying the asauchi in her office for some time now, something she wouldn't have concerned herself with before. Then again, that was true of everything she did these days. Anything in service of the Gotei was a far cry from what she would have done even a few years ago, and yet here she was, having even tried to bring back a former captain, attempting to understand zanjutsu correctly.

"...Zanpakuto matters, I guess you'd say."

Even here, in the most secure office in Soul Society and speaking to someone that knew her infinitely better than most, one could practically hear Erika gritting her teeth at admitting that vocally. But there wasn't anyone better with this than Murasaki, and it was pointless not to bring it up. Results were what mattered here.

END POST | COLD AS STEEL
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:09 am

Now that was a bit a bit rough but it's a good thing she was far from brittle, people's harsh words were just additional motivation to prove them wrong and show them that she could surpass what they thought of her. If a couple of scathing words like that got her in the slumps then she wouldn't be that good a captain commander, huh?

"That so, huh? Well if you'd like to share I'd be happy to help ya out if I can for all ya helpin' me with kidou, not that I'd really need a reason to help my friend out if she needed it anyway!"

She had a suspicion that it'd come up eventually but she was smart enough to know that probing Erika about things would never amount to anything, only create problems between them. Friendship or subordinate, whichever way you wanted to look at it that kind of pressure by being pushy caused problems in both and made a bond shared between people weaker.

Didn't change the fact that she was a lil' bit happy to hear her ask though, it was just nice to try and help people where she could.

Zatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] CHARACTER_LISTZatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] GRAPHICS_THREADZatoichi-ryu [Erika, Murasaki] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:56 am

There was something almost irritating about how cheerful Murasaki managed to be through a conversation like this. Erika was hardly delusional enough to think that was a justified way to look at it, of course, but she was still jaded enough to not exactly be inclined toward that level of optimism herself. Her tone of voice notably more tense than usual, she spoke sharply, as if every word was irritating just to say.

Well, there was no "as if" about it. This wasn't exactly a pleasant conversation.

"I've avoided zanjutsu for a long time. But what I thought was my zanpakuto isn't it. I had time to figure it out when I was on my own, but it's not appropriate for a vice captain not to have a proper zanpakuto."

Of course, this was more than just professional, and Erika was quite sure Murasaki knew that already. She'd put up with Sokobie for far longer than she'd have ever considered "ideal," and the idea of maybe being free of it, of having a proper zanpakuto spirit, had been dangled a little too close in front of her before being yanked away again. In a way, she thought maybe even asking this was pointless. Maybe she'd have been better off carrying on like she was.

But she'd chosen to come here. She'd taken that first step forward the moment she lost to Murasaki and came back to the Gotei. The idea of opening up wasn't something she cared for, and in a way, she knew she was setting herself up for more betrayal, more disappointment. But the alternative was just accepting failure, throwing away any pride she might have in herself.

She'd seen what that could do to someone like her, and she had no intention of becoming someone like that.

"I don't know what I'm missing."

Nothing was more bitter to admit than simple ignorance, but that was the reality of it. Erika couldn't even begin to properly fix this problem if she didn't know where to begin, and every day that she spent not fixing it was an issue she couldn't abide.

END POST | COLD AS STEEL
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:11 am

She leaned forward a little on the desk, chin in hand to think about it. She sure was a special circumstance but Murasaki did suppose that she to was like that, it was just in different ways that they deviated. So with pursed lips to really emphasise how hard she was thinking on this, wearing her heart on her sleeve with what was on her mind, Murasaki definitely didn't want Erika to think that she was being given half-thoughts here.

"So ya got a zanpakuto that isn't your zanpakuto?"

Unfortunately without the full scope and understanding she could not create a clear picture. Stand among the giants in the realm of zanjutsu she might, it didn't matter if she didn't have enough information to work with.

"Well, I think a good place to start would be the fact you're making fakes."

She thought that was a good place to start, Erika had also just described a fake zanpakuto spirit. Maybe it had came about from whatever this ability she had was? Theoretically it didn't sound to absurd to her that whatever power that she used to create fake zanpakuto in turn created a fake zanpakuto itself.

"It was pretty amazing whatcha did when we fought, all the zanpakuto from the old captains an' all, they were just hollow replicas though, not the real ones. So let's start there, with whatcha ya got right now, 'kay?"

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:47 am

"Yeah."

If nothing else, it was good that Murasaki seemed to be keeping up with the situation. Erika didn't exactly relish the thought of having to explain everything about the situation, even if she knew that would probably be objectively better.

"Katanakaji. It was supposed to surpass the zanpakuto, make it obsolete by manifesting a sword without needing an asauchi as the vessel. I wouldn't say it worked. I'm the only one who came close, and Sokobie is hardly the same as a real zanpakuto."

Her bitterness toward the sword crept faintly into her voice as she said that, and Erika's fingers idly tapped against the hilt of the sword as she talked about it. She didn't care for it one iota, but right now, it was the closest she had.

"I can't bond with an asauchi because of it. The swords I make are empty husks. Tools, but nothing beyond that. What I don't know is why, or how to overcome it."

Erika was hardly so sentimental that she considered proper zanpakuto to typically be anything more than a tool either, to be fair. But she doubted Murasaki would want to hear something like that, and in a way, the woman being her friend made that thought seem at least a faint bit wrong, as if she ought to feel guilty about it. But that wasn't here or there, and the thought left her mind just as quickly as it had come.

END POST | COLD AS STEEL
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:08 pm

"I see..."

Her thoughts became busy again while she got to contemplating the situation. It was pretty tricky 'cause well, you know. It was pretty weird and all but she had a few ideas to offer in return of her own. It was strange though, this was the first time that Erika had ever announced that she had a fake sword that held more beyond being a husk to have a name of it's own and everything.

"Ya don't sound like you're much of a fan of Sokobie but that's something else, I got a couple of ideas for what's going on here."

She sat back to reach into her desk and pull out a piece of paper, something to draw her illustration and describe her point easier. After a brief spell her attention came back to Erika and she lifted up the two diagrams.

"On the left is the first conclusion, Sokobie isn't able to. Maybe they're just not capable or its an obstruction to preventing ya imprinting, right? That's number one. Number two is that they don't wanna imprint on the asauchi whether they don't like ya or being made out of that Katanakaji thing means they don't want to imprint onto an asauchi."

Of course there was a third possibility that came to mind which she refrained from bringing up without giving Erika time to think about the other two. The possibility that maybe it was an issue with Erika herself that made the asauchi reject her and it was not attached to the manifestation she had described in her soul.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:14 pm

Either of these options certainly made Erika even less fond of Sokobie than she already was, just by merit of the fact that both of them put that bitch at the forefront of her problem. It hardly surprised her that it might be the case, of course, because there had to be some reason that Katanakaji had kept her from being able to utilize a zanpakuto properly.

"So then it's just a question of getting rid of Sokobie."

A cold, unflinching answer to either option Murasaki had laid out, to be certain, but that was the kind of woman Erika was. She wasn't willing to waste time stepping around this, thinking about whether or not that was the safe or the right course of action--

But, of course, that wasn't the only reason. She just hated Sokobie. A sword that made her life more difficult, and even if she didn't care to admit it, was a constant active reminder of a far worse time in her life. Taking it out of the picture entirely seemed like the best course of action to her, if she actually had the means. But she had a feeling Murasaki wouldn't like that.

END POST | COLD AS STEEL
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:36 pm

"Might work, maybe it'll fix the issue."

Now how to word the third one a little nicer than what came to mind, something about just saying that maybe asauchi didn't like ya, was just a difficult topic to discuss and she was hesitant to immediately jump to the conclusion of killing the spirit so eagerly as Erika. Felt real wrong to just play sidekick to sentence someone to death that you'd never met.

"Might not. I think it's important ya consider that they're unwilling to before they can't. It could be bad for ya to get rid of them and have consequences as a result later, right?"

Murasaki admittedly wanted to meet this 'Sokobie' before doing anything to rash. She didn't want her vice-captain, and more importantly friend, out of action because she got herself crippled.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum