Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling]

Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:15 am
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

The impact of his fist to Shaoling's kick was enough to be felt even through the shell of kido covering his fist! Even though it was just the woman's foot, it still FELT like a solid brick wall! His fist turned, fingers aiming to latch onto the limb that had met his fist and tug, using it as leverage as his whole body twisted a knee rising up. That burning kido coursing along his body to collect in his own leg before it snapped out, aiming an explosion of that blue flame down on Shaoling. Assuming he even got that far. But that would be far from the top of Igen's worries. Whether that kick connected or not, it was still a large expenditure.

And as soon as that burst of flames exploded out onto the wasteland, charring the ground itself, the kido that was coursing through his frame promptly went out like a light. And Igen, be he on his feet, or just as likely: on the floor after a counter from the Ex-Captain, would be completely out of breath, almost the entirety of his own spiritual reserves spent in just those two attacks. HOLY CRAP! His head spun all on it's own, he had taken SO muich energy and effort just to get CLOSE to an actual Shunko. However, he'd discovered that once he actually WAS pulling something off recembling it, IT USED SO MUCH ENERGY!The sheer concentration of moving that energy made it almost impossible to actually control and contain it. Punches, kicks, every decisive move came with a powerful burst of some of that energy letting fly. It was unlike any Kido he'd ever tried to do before.

"HAha...yea.... definitely lacking." He would croak out, conceding to Shaoling's assessment. But as tired as his words were, there was no lack of vigor to them, and the look on his face was anything but disappointment. "But.... not as lacking....as it was yesterday." He panted, with no shortage of excitement in his voice.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling]

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:38 am
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 O56jPf1

SHAOLING

Indeed, Shaoling wasn't remotely inexperienced enough to be caught by someone at this level; it simply wasn't feasible. Even so, she recognized that to attempt that move at all was fairly impressive, and as one of her fists moved to crush Igen's strike, she offered a very faint smile. His effort, if nothing else, was worthy of praise. She simply wouldn't be the one to speak it.

"You have a long way to go. More optimistic sorts might say that a long journey begins with a single step. That's foolish. The first step decides everything, and a wrong one will end all your aspirations before you've even begun."

To most, that was a rather damning statement, but it was the sort of thing Shaoling considered worthwhile advice. Not wasting any time with empty reassurances, simply offering the truth of the matter.

"Without better control, and a greater pool of energy to manipulate, you're wasting your time."

HORNET WITH NO NEST | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:32 am

Under normal circumstances, Igen definitely would have been a lot more pleased to see that smile. But frankly, he only barely noticed it before that first SLAMMED up into that incoming kick, obliterating the downpour of red flames before Igen promptly collapsed onto the ground, blinking rapidly and craning his neck a little as he listened to a surprise assessment! Promptly perking up and staring up at her ...well...sorta, Watching her upside down from where he'd collapsed as she gave her two cents on the matter.

It made sense to him. He definitely was...close. So he felt he could probably get the control part down. He could FEEL how close he was to that. He definitely had ALMOST fried himself the first time he'd tried this technique. Thankfully he hadn't been too overzealous and fried his reiryoku paths or something like that. This WAS a dangerous move to go learning. But that only inspired him MORE to try it. Well... that.... and seeing what he could BE. The prowess and grace and ease with which Shaoling utilized it. So incredibly different from any account of Shunko he'd ever learned about.

However, she DID bring up another point. He was fucking WIPED out almost immediately. Truth be told, he had never really even USED kido so much since his Shikai incident popped up. But ... how does one SOLVE an issue like that?

"I understand. How.... did you train to bolster your reserves?" He ventured to the woman. Admittedly running the risk that Shaoling's reserves had ALWAYS been this big. But still, he admittedly had ... no idea. "I've always....used....finer control of Kido. I was....really good at Kaido. So..erghh... I know I can get the control down . But..." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he peeled himself off the ground and gave a nervous smile. "Iv'e never had to train my energy reserves before. Whew. Just....trying to learn this ability, I've worn myself out a lot. And I THINK It's already improved. But ... not as much as I was hoping. Do you have any ...advice?" He ventured as he managed to ....sortof get on his feet. His hands planted on his knees as he took slow, steady breaths. Eyeing the food he'd brought with him. Honestly a little thankful he'd brought lunch for them. With a good meal he'd b right as rain. But well, he could hardly start bringing food to the battlefield. Should he just start....eating a ton to try and give himself a little extra to work with? Would that work? Hm. He looked to Shaoling.

Surely a woman of her experience would have some suggested regiments. Or really maybe just....some general advice. The look on his face would say it all. Even battered and tired. He couldn't help the look of admiration in his eyes as he looked up to the woman. Perhaps not the ...reverent gaze she might have seen on herself in her younger days. But if nothing else, he clearly respected the words she offered a great deal.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:57 pm

SHAOLING

Shaoling partly felt that Igen was asking her a stupid question. How to improve spiritually? But even she knew that she'd not known the answer to that question centuries ago, when she was younger and infinitely less experienced in the ways of the world. Instead, she spoke in a manner at least somewhat closer to what she tended to use with Yuujin and Yugiri. Igen was still far from at that caliber in her eyes, but he had potential. She wouldn't deny that.

"In the same way you train your body. Drive your spirit to its limits, and then do it again. It's no different from training your steps, your sword arm. There's no path other than rigorous training."

That was the simple truth of it. Shaoling had certainly been naturally gifted with great spiritual power by merit of her birth, but the gulf between her power centuries ago and now was tremendous. She certainly hadn't gotten where she was now entirely by being born so strong.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:18 pm

Igen watched her with undivided attention as she considered his question. Entirely aware that it may be a stupid one. Not really by merit of ...like...the question. Or even really who he was talking to. Igen had LONG ago come to terms with the fact that frankly, sometimes, he just asked stupid questions, or woefully missed some obvious answer that was right infront of his face. It just happened now and then. But thankfully that didn't seem to be the case (or rather she elected not to point it out to him). But even so, when she DID give her explanation, he ...balked a little. Startled. Wait, that WORKED?! For a moment, confusion was written across his face. But then...his own reserves had bumped up. But he also knew of a number of other students, back in his academy days, who struggled to get their reserves up, even WITH that sort of training.

THAT had been his primary reason for asking. Surely there was some OTHER factor at work, right? But if there wasn't , then did that mean there might just be some.....unknown limiter? The idea that there might be some hard ceiling was.......difficult to grasp. Sure, certain things he struggled with, but well..his energy wasn't something he'd considered. IN a way, Shaoling had given Igen FAR more food for through then she perhaps had realized. And if anything, he might seem a little more stupid by how deeply he seemed to receive her ...fairly elementary answer.

"Huh. Well that makes sense I suppose." He noted, before a big relieved smile flashed across his face. "Well that's actually kinda a relief! That's way simpler than I thought it'd be. Er...well..I guess simple like..logistically..." He admitted. It would still be hard work. But all the same, he groaned and slowly stood upright. Oh yea, that hurt, and he was a little wobbly, but he still smiled.

"Alright! How about we eat our lunch, that should at least pep me back up. And then we can give it another go!" He declared confidently.Promptly making his way over to the containers and starting to get things set up, More specifically, getting at his own food before he fell over.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:31 pm

SHAOLING

Realistically, even Shaoling knew that some simply had more potential than others for that sort of growth. It wasn't as if pushing every shinigami in the Gotei to their limits would eventually create a force of world-class warriors. Had that been the case, her own squad would certainly have been unrivaled, but she wasn't going to tell Igen that side of things. Why? One could maybe say that it was that she'd grown soft, but really, he simply hadn't asked.

"It isn't for the faint of heart. Exhausting your spirit leaves you vulnerable, to say nothing of how draining it is on the body."

Returning to their little meal, Shaoling began to eat once more, surgical and precise about it as she always was. She was judging the meal on its taste as well as its nutritional value, of course, but she wasn't going to say that. It was just information she'd have in mind.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:52 pm

Igen paused for a moment as Shaoling made that assessment and gave a nod of his head. Certainly he HAD considered the notion of well...being stuck out in these wastelands without any energy. Part of that was why he had, the last time he had been here, decided to bring food for the both of them for the purposes of the training. But well... aside from just that.

"You make a fair point. I guess I'm just not usually in a dangerous situation these days, given my Division. It didn't really occur to me till I was here last." He admitted. But all the same, that smile of his brightened again. "But don't worry, I'm not THAT dense. I wouldn't be pusing myself so hard if you weren't here." He pointed out, indirectly asserting that with Shaoling's presence came a certain feeling of safety for the young man.

Further conversation would have to take a backseat as the pair of them began to eat. Igen certainly having a bit of gusto with how he was eating, but honestly that was just because of how much energy he'd used up. The meal itself, thankfully, was simple and filling. Some rice balls, a bit of seasoned stirfry beef, and steamed vegetables. It certainly wasn't particularly delicious or anything. It was just good, simple, filling food. The notion of something....more showy or well-presented really didn't tegister with Igen. If it were say....Katori or someone he knew to be picky about that sort of thing. But that wasn't the impression he'd gotten from Shaoling, and truth be told, he was more about being filled up and having adequate portions. Why spend a bunch of effort on a tiny llittle fancy meal when you could have a nice bulk of good filling food? He'd certainly figured he'd need the energy a lot more than anything else after their last fight.

Igen was hardly through about a fourth of his box when he let out a sigh and perked up, rapidly looking much better than he had moments before. Thankfully, at his level, it didn't take much to fill up his tank.And as Igen got to about have his fill, he DID pause, and turn to look at Shaoling, a brief moment to make note of her manner of eating before he just sortof...looked at her thoughtfully.

"You're not at all what I expected." He observed simply. No real intent behind the words, rather from the way he spoke, it sounded as if he had simply realized it for the first time as he looked at her. He'd read a lot of reports, and even recognized some of the notes from individuals who had approached the woman for recruitment. He was aware that she wasn't quite the same woman that had once been Captain. But even so, that wasn't something he'd thought a ton about. But now? It snared in his mind and he couldn't help but be a bit....surprised at what a different person she was from those anticipations.

"I guess I don't really KNOW what I was expecting If I'm honest. Saying it out loud kinda makes it sound like I had some kinda...expectations you didn't live up to. But .it's...not quite like that." He murmured thoughtfully, tapping his chopsticks on the edge of his box before smiling sheepishly. "I thought you'd be like...really intense and clipped. Which... now that I say it... you kinda are. But ...not in the same...way I thought? I guess I just never thought I'd enjoy your company so much." He chuckled, more than aware that it sounded a little ridiculous coming out of his mouth. "Ahah...I'm sorry if that sounds a little insulting. I mean it as a compliment."
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:40 pm

SHAOLING

"I imagine you wouldn't be alive to be here if you pushed yourself that hard in poor company."

Then again, Shaoling wasn't entirely sure he was quite the sort to think about his surroundings before he pushed himself. He did seem like the sort who enjoyed being tossed around in a fight, and she'd never particularly understood those types. Was it just relishing the challenge of the bout? Or was he one of those sorts that got off on the whole affair? She chose to assume it wasn't the latter, lest she decide not to touch him again on sheer principle.

"I doubt I'm what anyone expects now. I prefer it that way."

Short, to the point. Shaoling didn't exactly speak much on her personal life, and her having left Soul Society was one of the most personal topics possible. But he'd asked, and he'd done so in a way that seemed to simply convey cheerful naivete rather than any malice. Once upon a time, she certainly would have beaten that sort of attitude out of him, but that was the sort of impulse she was still working to cut out of herself.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:15 am

Igen chuckled a bit at that and set his box to the side. "I did when I was a lot younger. Kinda just lucky I didn't get off worse than I have." He admitted lightly. Pausing to pick at what was left of his Shuhakusho. The back and shoulders more or less gone. Huh, would he have to start wearing bckless ones like her? All the same, even beneath the slight burns, a scattered riddle of scars decorated his back. Even hints of a few along his sides. Certainly evidence of that youthful stupidity. But well, he preferred not to dwell on the past.

"Heh, I guess that makes sense. If you were just like you used to be, that'd mean you hadn't grown or improved any." He pointed out, glancing at the surrounding wastes. "Still. It's always good to have someone who has your back." He mused thoughtfully. Noting the other spiritual pressures he'd sensed. Vaguely wondering who else she was with. He lightly flexed his fingers, feeling the strength making it's way back into his muscle. He took an idle moment to apply a subtle green glow to his shoulders, ridding himself of the burns, taking a few extra bites as he did. Glancing off in the distance where Ko was settled. He supposed he kinda always had someone watching his back these days.

He glanced back to Shaoling and considered for a moment what it'd be like to be in her position. Not a part of the gotei. Just kinda....out and about. He wasn't even sure what to make of it. He'd only ever known the rukongai and then the gotei. It was interesting to think about for sure. He smiled, chuckling a little to himself as he imagined roughing it out in the wildlands with Kyo. "Do you like being unpredictable?" He ventured, thinking back to her comment about people not expecting things. He'd kinda just assumed she meant because she'd changed, but it did occur to him that she might have meant it another way.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum