Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Left_bar_bleue0/0Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Empty Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling]

Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:44 am
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

Igen had been preparing for this day for quite a while now! Between figuring out how to make Shibakuze and ...well....his training, it had been QUITE a week! But thanjfully Igen was a man who kept to his promises, and here he was! Seven days since the last time he'd been there. Of course it had taken a bit of ...adjustment. To figure out where their little group had or hadn't moved to. Potentially a bit of scouting, but eventually he DID feel that familiar spiritual energy. Or well, spiritual energies, and homed in on the one that he was looking for.

It didn't take him long to notice the familiar signs of Shaoling's training. The same kind of marks on the landscape, the occasional hollow corpse. And one or two hollows that he dealt with in prompt fashion. Compared to the last time, there was a considerable difference. He dealt with them quickly and thoroughly, as he approached the Ex-Captain, there was a notable lack of blood or damage to his uniform.

But it was still Igen. Smiling confidently as he made his way in and put on a big grin and waving once he entered her field of view, a bag under one arm, no doubt with the promised pickles as well as the lunch he'd said he would bring. He'd kept to his word after all.

'Good Afternoon!"
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Empty Re: Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling]

Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:01 pm
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] O56jPf1

SHAOLING

Shaoling supposed she shouldn't have been surprised to see this visitor again so punctually. Part of her had been half expecting him to not return, or to take at least a bit longer than a week on the dot. She had to give him credit for that, at the very least.

"I see you've brought lunch."

He'd said he would, but in a way, Shaoling hadn't actually expected that he'd be so thorough about it. After all, she wasn't exactly one for a full elaborate meal in the midst of training, and much of her food out here during their travels was plain, to the point, focused on sustenance over flavor or anything of the like. Occasionally Yuujin or Yugiri made something more impressive, but taste was hardly her chief concern.

HORNET WITH NO NEST | END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Left_bar_bleue0/0Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Empty Re: Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling]

Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:22 pm

Igen promptly gave Shaoling a proud smile and a thumbs up as she recognized his dedication. "Of course! I'm a man of my word after all." He pointed out, promptly setting the bag down gently before peeling it open and showing off the contents. Two very large bento boxes as well as a pair of jars. They were plain enough, the only actual markings or decorations on the items were markings on the boxes, one which was marked with "少" and another marked with his name.

"I figured you didn't seem like the type to eat a lot, so I figured I'd make something we could eat quickly. Rice, some meat, and some steamed vegetables. Sorry if it's a little plain." He noted with a sheepish smile. Though he'd at least TRIED to make it a little interesting. He'd properly stir fried the meat and seasoned it lightly. The sauce and juices from them were something that could be poured over the plain salted rice balls and steamed carrots and broccoli. He wasn't exactly an expert at making these little bento things. It was hardly pretty, it was just a lunch he figured Shaoling would be able to enjoy. Question mark? And of course, then he patted the jars. It was at this point that the pride in his expression deepened a little. He'd spent a hefty portion of the day or so after their first meeting looking up how to prepare these little beasties.

"Shibakuze. I uh... DID learn a lot about it. And unfortunately it seems the high grade stuff has to kinda sit for a real long time. So it's probably not fantastic or anything. BUT I brought two Jars. I figured its probably a pain in the ass to get stuff like this out in the middle of nowhere. I figured I'd at least give you a decent ammount. It was actually kinda fun to make." He noted. All the while, his Shikai simply settled behind him, sitting on her haunches and simply observing quietly.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Wasteland Rendesvous [Igen, Shaoling] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:30 am

SHAOLING

"Thank you. Shibazuke isn't easily found outside Japan or Soul Society."

Watching him set up this little lunch, Shaoling's eyes certainly noticed the markings on the bento. If that one was meant for her, he was certainly bold, but she also wouldn't simply let it slide. Her gaze lingered on the bento for a moment longer, then turned to Igen with a remarkably piercing gaze.

"And which bento is mine?"

She knew exactly which one was intended for her, of course. And that was exactly why she wanted to put him on the spot about it, see if he was in fact willing state it so openly. Did Shaoling especially care? No, not on a personal level. She was aware of her size. But she was interested to see if he would so bluntly tell her.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:46 am

Igen smiled, immediately pleased that she was thankful for the effort, not that he'd figured she wouldn't be but still the validation certainly was pleasant. "Oh, you're welcome! Hopefully you like it." He noted warmly, pausing for a moment when she asked him that question. He glanced down at the containers and then canted his head to the side. "OH! I didn't really know how to spell your name so I kinda guessed the first part." He noted with a little shrug, no real concern or further thought into the matter. It was pretty much what happened. Was she small and cute? Sure, but that hadn't really been part of his process. So he took the contained and promptly offered it to her.

You're an idiot, Igen. The bored voice in his head almost startled him before he glanced over his shoulder and then gave a nervous smile. [color=salmon]"Ahhhh, my bad. I almost forgot. This is my Shikai, Ko. Ko, this is Shaoling."[color] He promptly introduced the pair, his Zanpaku'to giving a dip of it's head in the woman's direction as if in approval. I like this one. She has a good look in her eyes. Ko noted.

Igen smiled just a bit wider as he passed the message along. "She seems to like you." Secretly thankful that Ko hadn't found some criticism for the woman. It was always hard to make a straight face when she made those little quips.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:16 am

SHAOLING

"Treetop design."

If he intended to write her name again, then she would at least prefer it be written correctly. She didn't intend to repeat herself, or to write it for him, but Shaoling assumed he was intelligent enough to piece together the correct spelling with the meaning handed to him.

"I see. Shikai, hm?"

Shaoling wasn't exactly the sort to consider a zanpakuto spirit a separate person, and she tended not to put much stock in the feelings of someone else's. Her own zanpakuto was the only one that particularly concerned her. Still, his having attained even that release was impressive, at least compared to the vast majority of shinigami, and that was more interesting to her than the externalized spirit itself.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:32 am

"Treetop...Design..." He took the moment to pull out a pen from behind his ear [sub]Did he always have one in there hidden in his hair![sub] and promptly took a moment to write out the correction. Pausing and tilting his head a bit before smiling. "Pretty." He noted, before setting it back down. Though as Shaoling's attention seemed to shift to his Zanpaku'to he couldn't help but perk up a bit. "Ah yes! Actually I learned her name a little after I met you last time... so I guess it kinda makes.... sense." He furrowed his brows, was that interaction what had made him worthy to her It was a strange thing to think about.

"I've been learning how to use her powers ever since. It's ... a bit of a slower process. Honestly I feel like I've made a lot more progress with Shunko than with her." He admitted with a sheepish smile, rising back up to his feet as a hint of ferocity lit up behind that smile of his. "Actually, that's what I've been most excited to show you." He pointed out, the food briefly forgotten.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:44 am

SHAOLING

Shaoling's eyebrow raised just a hair at the comment on her name being 'pretty,' though she certainly wasn't going to say anything about it. It was just a name, and it didn't carry any special meaning for her. The talk of progress with his zanpakuto was fairly inconsequential for her, though at the mention of progress with shunko, her expression immediately sharpened.

"To show me, hm? Then I hope it's up to par."

If he wanted to show her his shunko, then her expectations were naturally quite high. Was that unfair? Most would probably say so, yes. Shaoling, however, was not most people. It wasn't as if Igen had come here unaware of her skill in that technique, and even if he were, her pride would likely have only been offended at his having not heard of her. She stood, taking a single flash step to move away from the lunch, her eyes sizing Igen up.

"Show me, then."

It was clear, from both her tone and her stance, that she wasn't interested in some mere demonstration. Shunko wasn't a spectacle, after all. It was a weapon.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:19 am

Igen didn't miss that sudden shift in the woman's expression. And....uh... he definitely wasn't entirely sure if it was.... a good or a bad one? It definitely seemed much more intense. Was she insulted that he'd go trying to learn her shtick? Was she interested? It was kinda unclear with her. But he presumed it was probably interest. If there was ONE thing he'd learned when he was around her, it was that if she wasn't happy, she'd make that very clear. And the fact that she hadn't took him to town about something must mean she enjoyed his company right? Or at least found it entertaining.

That said, the sudden distance made caught Igen by surprise. Though that sudden demanding tone put a smile on his face. As it seemed this was Shaoling's version of interest, he couldn't help but grin just a bit as he got up and offered a slight bow at the waist. "As you wish."
He himself used shunpo to make his way over to her. Get a little distance away from the food. As ....well..ALL of his experiments with Shunko so far had taught him one thing: he was probably gonna need to eat after it. But now was no time to go second-guessing himself. He knew his Shunko was not complete. Almost every time he'd managed his own hackjob of one, he'd managed to lightly cook his own back and shoulders. But he had an idea for that.

Taking up a combative stance, he took in a deep breath, his reiryoku bunching up and condensing into his back and shoulders, but not for Shunko. Nope, rather, he was pumping Kaido into those areas. Jinjashō. A technique he p[ractically knew by heart and could perform as easily as he breathed. Which was good, because he needed his concentration.

Darken O Skies. Turn the Wheel and burn up the Sun. Open your mouth and shriek. He recited to himself in his head. It was a difficult technique, but like all Kido, an incantation helped him get through the steps, as his spiritual pressure spiked, that sky blue glow showing in his eyes.

Shunko

There was a sudden shredding of his Shuhakusho as the back and shoulders of his uniform promptly burned away as his reiryoku erupted. Shreds of dark cloth flying behind him, before slowly curving back and being pulled back against him, only to burn up as the cycling reiryoku tossed them around before they burned up. There was a spark, before the shunko promptly showed it's true colors, bright blue flames coursing along his back , arms and shoulders . Igen felt power WELL up within him, even as pain flashed across his back and shoulders, burns hissing across his flesh only to vanish just as quickly, but it wasn't as bad as before. Not as bad as when he'd done it against Rio or Moe. He felt so damn CLOSE.

And in the very next moment, he closed the distance between himself and Shaoling, one arm cocked back as blue flames roared around him. Just like with Hakudo, he channeled the roaring Kido into the one limb, his muscles pumped with energy as he executed a straight punch aimed at the center of the woman's gut. He actually had no idea how durably she was, but he imagined ...the great Shaoling? She had to be at LEAST as tough as Rio Shihoin. So he put his all into the attack, fully intent on plowing his open hand clean through her. Any shadow of a doubt as to if he should hold back was quickly discarded.

He may have a shitty shunko, but he was an expert when it came to healing.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:34 am

SHAOLING

Shaoling wasn't the type to show much in the way of anything on her face, positive or negative, unless she felt rather confident in the moment. An arrogant grin was the most one could expect to see, and if that was on her face, it certainly wasn't a good sign for anyone. But her eyes studied Igen's every step, every single second of the process, and as he rocketed toward her with his fist aimed for her, she wasn't nearly so foolish as to simply let herself be hit by it. Could she almost certainly negate it with only her spiritual pressure? Without a doubt.

But that wasn't her way of doing things. As Igen struck out, she did much the same, her foot whipping out to meet his fist in a simple, almost elementary display of Hakuda. It wasn't meant to crush him, after all. Merely to get a sense of how intensely he was striking her.

"You're lacking."

In technique, in power. Achieving shunko at all was certainly impressive by the standards of most shinigami, but Shaoling didn't hold herself to such low standards, even now. And if Igen wished to show her what he'd learned, then he, too, would be held to a higher standard.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum