Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 Empty Re: Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen]

Sun May 21, 2023 12:43 am
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER_95077084_p3-CT

Igen blushed ever so slightly at such a claim and he honestly felt like she really probably COULD sing his praises for long enough if he let her! Not hat he'd do that, no he'd probably dis of embarrassment. But thankfully, he quickly was able to shift from embarassment to pride as she seemed to enjoy the scent coming from his meal. Which....frankly wasn't really all that impressive. He kinda added a bit more meat, a bit of japanese stirfry to the dirty rice. But it was good! And that's all that counted right?! And so he promptly began to unpack the food enthusiastically, chuckling just a little as Rio promptly decided that drinking would be fine.

"Well at least we know we won't wind up on the lawn." He chuckled softly, and some small part of hi was DEEPLY glad that he'd been blackout drunk. No doubt whatever they'd done while inhebriated, he was sure he'd probably made a fool of himself. "Man....that feels like only yesterday but it's been....what.... almost half a year or something since then? Maybe more?" He sighed and smiled sheepishly. It was almost crazy how the time flew, and truth be told, it'd been a blast. He poured a bit of Sake for the both of them as he took his seat, flashing Rio a bit of a little smirk.

"So, before we get toasted. Anything else interesting happen lately?"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun May 21, 2023 5:50 am
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 HEADING_manjuu_and_south_dakota_azur_lane_drawn_by_hayabusa__sample-edc500469ff0856b150122e54dafb499

"Yeah... it's been a while hasn't it? Who would have thought such a random, almost chance meeting, would lead us to where we are now?"

Rio leaned against her cozy seat by the coffee table, reflecting on that special day. It was such a chance meeting. She conducted her day as usual, as any other day where she carried out her duty, participating in the noble setting wherever her presence was requested, wholly expecting the day to end as uneventfully as it began. Of course, a curious mind led her to wandering around until he pointed her out in particular. The day took a different turn, and she found herself yearning to experience a life like that. Now, they were here, a vice captain and a third seat in their respective divisions.

She was drawn out of her reflection by Igen's inquiry. Casting her golden gaze on him, she stroked her chin softly. Many interesting things had happened to her since she joined the combat division. Most of those instances were pleasant to one degree or another, but one recent moment had left her rather disappointed, simply on account of the belief she held in a specific individual.

"Quite a few, actually. I had a group battle with my captain, Moe, and another combat division member. I fought someone from a lesser noble family, and... one other thing. Say, Igen... you ever fought in a spar or a battle you expected to go one way, but someone's one action totally threw your entire process off?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun May 21, 2023 7:42 am
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER_95077084_p3-CT

Igen chuckled nervously at that and rubbed the back of his head. "Well I'm certainly glad it did! It'd have really sucked not to meet someone as awesome as you, haha." He chuckled, that anxiousness kicking back in as he .....struggled a little. It wasn't just that she was awesome, honestly, she'd helped him out a lot. In truth, he was always a very confident guy in WHAT he was doing. But it was difficult to really know how he was doing with things. People politely praised him, and in a professional fashion, he understood that he did his ....JOB well. But those few people that seemed happy not just with what he did, but who he was, certainly were something a bit more ...special? His thoughts shifted to his teacher at the academy. To Katori who entrusted him with such an important secret.

And then there was Rio. Who of all things, said that he ...changed her whole life. She ALWAYS really laid it on that he'd had such a major impact on who she was and WHERE she was. It was really something else. SHE was really something else. Ahahahahahahahashhhhhhhhit.

He promptly poured himself a little MORE sake and took a steady sip. Fuck he hated this new way of thinking, and the idea of blacking out was sounding more and more attractive. Taking a long sip, and of course, taking a few bites! He didn't want to get smashed AND suffer an awful hangover after all.

Though as Rio's expression shifted, he raised his eyebrows just a little. "A leser noble who......made the fight...." Yea, his face scrunched ever so slightly. Bruefly, he didn't even really think of anything. That is.....until his face turned pale. Remembering that Dojo.

"Ah......uh.........maybe...once or twice..." He murmured.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 24, 2023 1:59 pm
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 HEADING_manjuu_and_south_dakota_azur_lane_drawn_by_hayabusa__sample-edc500469ff0856b150122e54dafb499

"Likewise! It's always a joy to be around you."

Rio took a moment to quietly observe Igen after she posed her question. He seemed to speak, and then paused, ending his explanation as quickly as it began, his expression growing discomforting. Rio wondered if she should explore the subject further, but perhaps he was uncomfortable with speaking on his experience in detail. Reflecting on her own incident, she could certainly understand the hesitation in speaking up, but Rio was reasonably upset with the way things had transpired, and so, naturally she wasn't going to hold back. Taking a long sip of her sake, Rio softly picked away at her food as she exhaled softly, ruminating on her words as she filled the awkward silence with her words.

"You, too, huh? Mine was only once. Recently, in fact. I sparred with one of my division members, and though I knew he had a reputation for being shamefully flirtatious, I didn't think it had any true weight in our battle. In fact, for a while, it didn't. He was fairly adept, matching my movements fairly well, and then he went and ruined it by resorting to biting into my thigh and slapping my ass. The nerve of some men, I tell you."

Rio took a longer sip again, frustration rising as she momentarily broke into a rant. To be certain, boldness in a man wasn't unwelcomed in her eyes, and depending on the approach, she found it a respectable trait. But there was bold, and then there was crossing a line in an environment she took incredibly serious.

"Who does that in the middle of a battle? In general!? I haven't dated anyone in years, but I'm pretty sure that's the worst way to make an impression on a woman! Ugh..."

Pausing on her drinking for a moment, Rio decided to hold back on losing herself too much in the Sake pool, returning to enjoying the meal Igen had prepared for them.

"Sorry, I needed to get that out of my system. It had been on my mind for a while..."

Last edited by Iori on Wed May 24, 2023 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 24, 2023 3:41 pm
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 HEAD_98550034_p9_master1200

"He WHAT?!"

Igen raised his voice, something that he had, perhaps, not done in the time that Rio had known him, as the sheer, pure, anject disbelief shot across his features at the news! Certainly he had understood her situation, and had thought abouth is own ...uncomfortable situation. But had presumed it was simply perhaps a.n....intrusive power or move that had done a lot of damage, or ...you know...something one might expect in the midst of battle.

But the report from Rio, that her squadmate had BITTEN her! Well, alright, that wasn't too alarming. A little underhanded, but he'd certainly been bitten. But the location, and then, the SLAP ON THE ASS. Suddenly put that bite into an ENTIRELY different light! And halfway through a long sip of Sake, Igen all but rose out of his seat! Half standing up before regarding her with a fierceness in his eyes!

"You should definitely inform an officer in their division about the incident if you haven't already. That....Grrr... I can't stand that kind of behavior. A spar is something that should be fun and exciting! Pushing people to their limits! NOT a venue for such inappropriate behavior." He huffed, not even JUST upset about Rio, which he absolutely was, but to hear that someone had ..SULLIED a practice that he held so close to his heart had certainly offended him.

Though as Rio backed up on herself he shook his head, sitting back down. "Hey, no need to apologize! This is exactly the kind of thing you talk to friends about! Ahah, I mean, certainly your issue is a lot more relevant than some of the things I've talked to my other friends about." He chuckled and sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, that nervousness now entirely gone, that pure rush of adrenaline from that indignation carrying him just a little.

"Ugh... I think back to a conversation I had with Kyo, a friend of mine from when we were in the Academy. I had a little too much to drink and spoke to him a bit about my own dating problems. He's a great guy though... even set me up on a blind date with his sister. Ahhh, but nothing really came of that. Well, at least in the dating end of things. I DID meet his family, which actually was a very rewarding experience! I had no idea his family was so nice. If you ever have the chance to meet the Sawachika, I highly recommend it." He noted with a warm smile, entirely unaware that Rio probably knew that name very well given their value to the Noble community.

Igen settled, taking a few more bites of food and sipping his drink before he blinked a few times. "Wait a minute, did you say you hadn't dated anyone in years?" He ventured with a soft chuckle, smiling a bit and shaking his head. "I didn't even think about that. I guess you must really have to keep Suitors at bay with a stick. That idiot that bit you wasn't a noble was he?" He ventured with a slight tilt of his head. Certainly he could imagine a woman like Rio probably had no end to such advances. Was that a good thing though? He actually wasn't sure. Naturally there was the 'snooty noble' reputation in the academy, but well. The few nobles he DID know were pretty cool.

But then, those were his friends, so hardly an impartial pool of individuals. Still, he did wonder what that was like. If he had been a noble would he have been tasked with trying to be considered as a suitor? And for just a moment, he imagined himself all decked out in fancy clothes. A mention that had him snorting and giggling a bit to himself. It really was a bit of an absurd mental image.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 24, 2023 6:41 pm

"It's certainly been a thought. I do plan on addressing it very soon. We share a division, and I've no desire to operate around him with that awkward air of energy in the air. I will fill you in what I did immediately after, though. I cocked my foot back real far... and kicked him right where a man hates to be hit most. "

For a moment, a wide grin curved against Rio's lips. She enjoyed appearing strong in front of her friend, and perhaps, as a result of loosening up, in due part to the alcohol, she felt good that she stood her ground. Rio didn't even know what she planned on doing next. If it was a one time offense, then perhaps she'd excuse it, force him to make a heartfelt apology, and never act on something like that again. The other scenario was simply punishment.

In which form that materialized, she had no idea at the moment. Surely Tento was capable of controlling himself, right? Whatever the case, she didn't wish to sully their celebration with this mode of conversation for too long, relaxing as she smiled in response to Igen's reaction. It felt nice having his support, all things told. She leaned against the table, curious golden eyes observing him as he began to speak at length about his experiences with dating.

Honestly... Rio couldn't quite say she had many experiences in the dating world. Hakuyou, a descendent of the Shiba clan, had courted her with dedicated effort. Those efforts had paid off until he desired to take a different path in his life. That... had been her first real relationship, and by extension, her first heartbreak. She genuinely envisioned a future between them, and yet it didn't come to be. Since then, her mind never considered the subject.

"No, no. It's not anything like that. I never purposely tried to keep suitors at bay. Before I met you, long ago... I sort of focused on my training and my family. I never envisioned dating anybody. And then someone asked me out. Unfortunately... it didn't end the way I would have like it. He courted me, we entered a relationship for a time, but somewhere along the line, he simply decided his duty lied elsewhere - with his family. I respected it, but it still... hurt, you know? I'm not against the idea of dating at all. If I like the chemistry, I'd at least consider it if someone asked, you know? I got the feeling that Tento fellow was into me, but he definitely made a poor impression. "

Part of her didn't dislike the idea of dating. No one... really asked her out. That's all there was to it. If someone asked, and she enjoyed the chemistry well enough, she'd certainly explore it. What woman didn't enjoy what it felt like to love and be loved? Judging by Igen's words, he didn't seem to have success on that front, either. A blind date, huh? A thought rose unbidden. What was his type of woman? Why didn't that blind date work out? Consuming more of her alcohol, she tilted her head curiously, wondering about what went wrong with his experience.

"I'd certainly look forward to meeting one of them one day. From what I hear, two of their family members reside in the Gotei in different divisions. I wouldn't mind meeting them one day, and I'm glad things went over so well with them, too! Why didn't things work out with that girl? She wasn't your type?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 24, 2023 7:12 pm
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER__astolfo_and_sieg_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_ikemeru19__acbc7691eb0423fbf222558e5d7b829a

Igen raised a brow before he WINCED at the description! He knew just how hard Rio could punch, so he knew it would have been awful, but he still smiled just a little, pleased that that creep had gotten his punishment. "I certainly hope he learned his lesson to be sure. With strength like yours I can only imagine it's one he won't soon forget." He chuckled, that warm smile popping right back up as he turned to take another sip of his drink and another few bites of the food. His thoughts ...wandering just a little as he considered the subject.

However, when she gave her response he was..... startled. "You.....don't? Wait, then how are you not SWAMPED with approaches?! You say you've had a single relation, surely that can't be the ONLY one. I'd no idea the noble community had such poor taste..." He murmured with slightly narrowed eyes. Honestly what wasn't there to absolutely die for about Rio? She was passionate, beautiful, strong, enjoyable to be around? What else could they ask for?!

But even more than that...he......winced when he heard that from Rio. Tento.... ZEFA? That caught him a bit by surprise. He paused...and ...vaguely remembered him being somewhat reliable on the bafflefield. Was such an upstanding man really turned out to be a creep? It was hard to believe, but if Rio said as much, he didn't doubt it. And even worse....he could see why Rio might have been hopeful. And .... to have that hope twisted in on her. In an instant he felt.....bad for her.

Though a soft smile formed as the subject shifted to the sawachika. "I've yet to meet a Sawachika I didn't like. Even ... Miki. She was brilliant. Pretty, and reserved, and just fun to be around. I admit.....I had fairly high hopes. And ...even more than that, she seemed to enjoy my company as well." He noted softly at that, staring off into the distance and letting his shoulders.....slump just a little.

"In fact I think we're still friends. At least I like to think so.... But as for ...dating." His voice trailed off and he lowered his head ever so slightly. "We just....didn't quite click I suppose." He raised his dish and took a slow, long....thughtful drink from his sake cup and sighed. "We got along. But it was.... more like a friendship. We had fun... we had laughs, a good time, but ....well. The ....chemistry I guess just wasn't right." He closed his eyes for a moment as he let his mind drift back to those times.

"I suppose we just didn't feel like much more than friends. I .... I don't know if maybe it was just all in my head. But .....I think maybe .....it was me who wasn't her type." He noted quietly, a soft and crestfallen admission. Before taking another slow sip. "It's.... not an uncommon situation. I've had dates in the past. But in the end, we wind up as friends.If that."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 24, 2023 7:40 pm

"I certainly hope so. Hell hath no fury, right?"

Rio didn't really take sadistic pleasure in his suffering, but she certainly felt his act was deserving of a punishment befitting the offense. Focusing on her food for a moment, her system properly loosened up, Rio would chuckle as she acknowledged Igen's shock regarding her dating life. Was it really that shocking? She wondered. He may not have intended it to be a compliment, but she was flattered by Igen's opinion regarding the noble's tastes.

"You flatter me with your words, Igen. If I'm being honest, I guess no one ever wanted to ask me after my last suitor. I'm a pretty approachable woman. Hell, I take pride in my looks too. If no one's asked me up until now, their loss. I'm not gonna toot my own horn, but I think I look pretty good."

This was a genuine statement. She was loosened up, sure, but she wasn't so lost of mind that she could be considered inebriated. Rio was a prideful woman. As a warrior first and foremost, but even as a woman... she certainly thought highly of her own appearance, her level of attraction. Did she flaunt it? Not entirely so. Even so, that didn't mean she didn't acknowledge it.

Finishing up on the majority of her meal, she returned right back to drinking, listening to him recount his experience with Miki. According to him, there wasn't anything in particular that went wrong, and she certainly had her own fair level of attraction; it simply didn't work out. That was the sum of it, it seemed. However, she rose a disbelieving eyebrow as she chuckled. She couldn't really see why he thought so lowly of himself, even if most of his love interests ended in friendship. He was a good man in her eyes.

"Those women are missing out in my opinion. I think you're a good catch, Igen. You just probably haven't found the right one yet."

Rio stated that plainly, perhaps without thinking it through too much, but the genuine honesty in her delivery couldn't be ignored. He wasn't a bad man in her eyes. A kind heart. A good spirit. A guy who loved a fun time. A strong warrior. What was there to dislike?

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 24, 2023 7:58 pm
Moving Up, Tiger [Rio, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER_22-1_3a-16

Igen smirked softly at that, not just at the fury comment, but also to make note of Rio's confidence. "I think 'pretty good' is a pretty big understatement Rio. I hate to break it to you, but you're ...REALLY gorgeous." He chuckled, sighing softly before his face heated up a little. Even drunk, he did realize that was a bit much. But he played it off, at least as much as one could in his tipsy state.

"That ... means a lot to hear." He noted softly before glancing fondly to Rio. As much as it felt like polite friendly encouragement. Yea, .... a 'good guy'. That was a pretty common one for him to hear. "Kyo said something to that effect as well. Which I guess he was telling the truth. He wouldn't have set me up with his sister otherwise. Right?" He reasoned, pausing for just a moment as he thought back. His relationships. His crushes. maybe he just wasn't enough of a man.

After all, he'd seen the approval in Lord and Lady Sawachika. Maybe Miki had just been ...waiting for some initiative? Should he have been more....bold? He could easily step out into combat or a fight. But with this....... maybe he just wasn't as much of a man as he had hoped he was. And for a moment, he felt guilt...wondering if Miki had simply been...waiting for him to sweep her off his feet, only to be left waiting. And he felt shame burning the edges of those thoughts.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 pm

"Am I now? You're going to make me blush."

Rio chortled happily, enjoying the conversation with each passing second. His compliment was well-received. Was it bold? Certainly. Did she find any offense in it? Of course not. They had known each other for months. He was no stranger to her anymore. She was no stranger to him. In response, she cocked her head to the side, as if contemplating a thought. Ruminating on it, reflecting, pondering... Until it came to a completion, she decided to answer his question.

"Of course he was telling the truth. And I'm telling the truth, too. I think it goes beyond merely being a good guy, though. If I had to be honest, almost any male can be a good guy if they try hard enough. I... feel like you have a lot to offer to a woman, to anyone really... like... me for example."

A mere thought grew into actual reflection on the time spent, the moments she shared with this exuberant man. From the moment they met until now... he had always been there. He didn't acknowledge her as a noble, never held her to some lofty pedestal. She was not a Shihoin. Not a noble. She was simply... Rio.

Someone to enjoy a drink with, to celebrate success, genuinely supporting her as much as she did to him. And so, she wondered... why not? Part of her took a moment to actually think, to recognized if this was a spur of the moment, to affirm if this was simply tipsy behavior overtaking logical thought. Yet, it simply wasn't any of that. Leaning on the table, she sat the cup down as a warm, curious smile lined her lips. He had been bold, called her gorgeous even. It was time to return the favor.

"I genuinely wonder... if I asked you out on a date, what would your answer be, Igen?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum