Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Left_bar_bleue0/0Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Empty Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro]

Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:34 pm
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] HEADER_12-88d20258bae3cb12aff2bb8963a79df1

What a fucking nightmare.

Yuri had always been able to juggle her responsibilities and her other more personal interests. The Academy. Her little forays into how the other divisions were doing. She'd even managed to find time to go down to earth and Spectate some of those fights down in the city of lights.

But now everything was chaos. The initial incident itself had been jarring enough. Certainly, the Soul Society had had it's knocks, but for someone to have the gall to attack the sereitei from the inside. The investigation had more or less begun immediately. A number of the Division, herself included, had been on the scene almost immediately to begin processing the scene and secure the area. Digging people out of rubble. Keeping everything organized and surveying the scene itself. The Sixth division had been put into overdrive more or less.

And as luck would have it, while many individuals had been tasked in investigation, Yuri had been assisting with recovery and coordination. Which was.... a LOT more manual labor than what Yuri was used to. Digging, searching, carting people and materials and supplies around. SOMEONE had to do all the minute work. And well, somehow she'd wound up as a part of that.

And so, trudging toward the Third Seat's office, she couldn't help but feel a slight misery. By now most of the rescue work and such had been handled, now it was just a matter of cleanup and recovery. Which meant.....paperwork. Taking the load off those doing investigation by handling their usual tasks. She felt grimy, and sore. Thankfully, unlike....ahem... some of the more zealous divisions, Sixth was oiled enough that rest and recovery was not just allowed, but required. And so, she had decided to check up on the Third Seat.

She sighed outside of the door and for half a second, considered trying to tidy herself up a bit. But that warm, glowing, helpful facade wasn't up today. It took enough energy not to just head to her quarters and pass out. No, Yuri simply gave a gentle knock on the door and took a few seconds to relax, building up a bit of energy before putting on a more put-together expression. She at least could afford to try and NOT look ready to pass out around her superior.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Empty Re: Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro]

Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:23 am
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] CHnVZsf
KOKORO ZENDAN | THIRD SEAT

Kokoro felt like most people in her situation probably would have been a little bit testy. She hadn't exactly expected for there to be a terrorist attack when she was gone, after all, and there wasn't much worse for her to hear as soon as she got back. Right off a divorce into something this bad, huh? Well, that was fine. She wasn't here to cry about the situation, she was here to do her job, and as someone knocked on her door, she called out in a sharp, serious voice, a far cry from the usual sisterly demeanor she had around the division.

"Come in!"

The paperwork in her hands didn't go down even as she let her subordinate in, though she did look up to actually see who it was. Kokoro herself hadn't taken much time to rest lately, but she'd also just spent the last two weeks already relaxing and getting herself centered. Drinking with her family and enjoying nature had given her a pretty good reserve of energy to work with, and so while she visibly hadn't slept in a while, the Third Seat's expression didn't seem especially drained.

"Whatcha need, Officer Aiban?"

EVER-IMPROVING | END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Left_bar_bleue0/0Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Empty Re: Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro]

Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:12 pm
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] HEADER_12-88d20258bae3cb12aff2bb8963a79df1

The energy in the woman's ears grated ever so slightly, some small part of her a little miffed that there was such vim and vigor therein. All the same, she perked her brows, glancing across the woman's desk and tilting her head a bit to the side. Truth be told, she hadn't really had a chance to form an opinion on the woman, she hadn't exactly interacted with her more than a few scant times professionally. The woman certainly did her job, and for a moment, she noted the paperwork she had been working on, and some small sentiment of approval settled in her. For now.

"Third Seat Zendan, I hope I'm not interrupting anything. But I just wanted to check in." She noted with a friendly smile. Partially right, but well, it had a better ring than 'Hey I'm here to make sure you aren't working yourself into uselessness'.

A pause given as her brain lagged a little and parsed. It really was a little astounding the nature of the Third seat. Not only just how massive she was, but those unique features. Thankfully she was worn enough that she didn't have the energy to gawk, but she certainly took the woman in in her periphery. Huh... big gal.

"I'm sorry that things are so hectic just as you're coming back. I would have liked to welcome you back under better circumstances."
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:02 am

It was still at least somewhat odd getting used to being called that rather than Kuchiki (or Shihoin, for that matter), but it didn't really bother Kokoro. She kept glancing over the report in her hands even as her attention also turned to Yuri, not really too worried about the idea of forming an opinion on the woman. Her professional results would speak for themselves.

"Thanks, I appreciate it. No worries though, my issues're hardly even half as bad as what happened here. If anything, I'm a little annoyed I wasn't here to help soon as it happened, but I can make up for lost time no prob. How about you, you actually getting proper rest and everything?"

Not that Kokoro actually thought herself or her two superiors were probably getting that type of proper rest themselves. She definitely didn't plan to sleep more than she had to, and she knew perfectly well that she wasn't gonna be able to get the Captain or the Vice Captain to actually take any time away from this.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:27 am
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] HEADER___gilgamesh_and_ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_tarou2__sample-da521ab775d6e765ed0e2221a50f500b

Yuri's lips thinned the smallest ammount as she noticed Kokoro incessantly looking to the report in front of her, rather than the person who was addressing her. Yep, no that was fine, not like she'd just asked five seconds ago if this was a bad time or anything. The woman closed her eyes, a brief instant to calm the tired agitation that threatened to well up before that smile settled back into place.

Great. One of those.

"It's hardly a contest, no use fussing that you weren't here at the time. Besides, at this point a majority of the hard work has been done, the immediate response. Search and Rescue. At this point, it's a matter of investigation and restoration. And we have very capable people taking care of investigation." A little tinge in her head, as honestly she herself was a little miffed that she wasn't able to also be a part of that investigation, at least presently. But she knew better than to entertain those thoughts. She wasn't really suited to that kind of work. It was better she was doing what she was doing now.

"As for myself. MY work has....admittedly already gone past it's hump. I helped a lot with a lot of the emergency response. Supplementing members of Second Division. Now It's just the more uh... menial task of coordination and helping with construction. But thankfully, I'm not the kind of girl who burns the cvandle at both ends. though certainly a number of the other responders have had some ...incidents of collapsing from exhaustion, and now add to the number of patients with Second Division. So I've been making the rounds, making sure that people don't get carried away and shoot themslves in the foot." A glance toward the report in Kokoros hand, but nothing really more than that. The Hero types really could be the worst at times. Thankfully, Sixth division wasn't exactly rife with those types, but she still had to keep an eye on her subordinates.

Her superiors were a little harder to wrangle in.

"I hope you've been getting plenty of rest?"
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:49 am

It wasn't like multitasking was especially difficult, and Kokoro wasn't the type to focus her everything on a single simple task. Being efficient, especially in times like this, was pretty important. She'd have liked to be involved in the investigation too, but she understood that wasn't really her area of expertise. Could she do it? Sure, absolutely, but other people were definitely better for that particular task.

"That's a lotta the work here, not that I need ta tell you that or anything. Some people aren't quite used to dealing with all that menial work, wanna be out there and involved in everything. It's just as important to be here getting things done, though, and I'm glad you're paying attention to your health."

Setting the paper down, Kokoro offered a confident smile as she rested her head on one hand. She appreciated the question being leveraged at her here, and she didn't really bother looking any deeper into the motives behind it.

"I rest up when I've got some time, yeah. A short little nap does a lot to carry you through the day if you've got the time, and some shuteye in the office is way less time away from work than going home for the night."

It wasn't ideal, of course, and she didn't pretend that it was. When things mellowed out, she'd go back to actually going home and getting a nice proper amount of sleep every night. But for now, just going home to stay neat and tidy was plenty for her.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:53 pm
Embers on your Heels [Yuri, Kokoro] HEADER___gilgamesh_and_ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_tarou2__sample-da521ab775d6e765ed0e2221a50f500b

Yuri took several long moments to furrow her brows at the woman as they so casually admitted that they were substituting proper sleep with .... naps. She could understand if it was for physical work. But for ....paperwork? An absolute look of disgust ALMOST bubbled to the surface. Sure, she had her own paperwork she did, and she , at times, had to review reports and the work of lower officers. But that took...what... a few hours of her day? There was sufficient delegation of work that she either A, had the worst timing ever, or B, Kokoro was doing SOMETHING to file more paperwork to her desk than necessary.

"I see. It seems I just have bad timing then. I think it might be better if I come back in the morning, when you aren't so busy and you've had a chance to rest." She pointed out, without any real indication that she was anything but serious. Were she more awake, she probably would have had something to say about diminishing returns for naps and how if she kept this up then this paperwork would probably wind up having to be redone anyway. But well, that could always come later.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:25 am

"You're a real sweetheart, huh?"

Kokoro spoke so plainly, so bluntly, that nearly anyone would probably have taken her statement as some sort of cutting and sarcastic remark. She, however, meant exactly what she'd said, because speaking vaguely wasn't her style. Her subordinate was being considerate of the situation, and she appreciated that. Whatever was going on in Yuri's head wasn't even a factor for her.

"I'm pretty much finished for today. Helps that there's not much else to be done but wait for leads to come back and all the investigating to be finished. Well, I could keep helping with the cleanup and reconstruction, too, but I don't think they'll let me keep coming around to help if I don't actually get any rest."

Setting down the papers in her hand, Kokoro fairly unceremoniously stood up, stretching out as if it had all been rather calm despite her working near-constantly. There was a lot to be done, and she'd rather handle it than make the people below her deal with it. That was what a good leader did, in her mind.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:35 pm

That comment gave pause to Yuri, stopping her in her tracks and causing her to glance over her shoulder at the woman as Kokoro rose up and performed a stretch, that calm smile deepening just a little, to counteract the slight glare in her heart as the woman went and stretched all over the damn place. Oh yea, she was aware of Kokoro's reputation. Had quite a few boys more or less obsessed with her. And the sight of the woman just haphazardly stretching that already large frame briefly had her idly imagine the response many guys, and probably girls, would have had to seeing such a sight. Ugh.

But she masked those feelings well enough, and for just a moment, she almost felt like encouraging this woman's behavior. Maybe a little more time behind her desk would keep her off her back. But no, that would just cause trouble for Yuri in the long run. "Mhm, I imagine it's much easier to run on fumes without people to keep tabs on you. But I'm afraid you can't escape my attention that easily." She noted with a slightly widening smirk.

"There's a few lower seated officers who have been running themselves ragged helping with everything outside. I'll assign them to keep ontop of the paperwork for the next few days. Keeps them from wearing their bodies out, and gives you some room to get a bit of rest." Ignoring the fact that frankly she should be taking the time to rest as well. But she was hardly going to go bringing that up herself. Hm.

"When was the last time you put some food in you?" She asked, a bti suddenly at that. As much as she didn't think that Kokoro's body NEEDED any more calories, if nothing else, if the woman had been neglecting sleep, she might have been neglecting nutrition as well. And getting this woman some food was actually a fairly good excuse to eat as well. Like leading a cow to graze and having a snack for herself on the way, if this big beast of a woman wasn't going to take care of herself, then Yuri would simply have to intervene, like any good livestock herder would.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:28 am

Kokoro wasn't the brightest, but she wasn't stupid, either. You had to be pretty observant to do well as third seat in this division, after all, and she certainly noticed the fact that her 'sweetheart' comment had gone not so much unnoticed as ignored. She was pretty used to being ignored, too, so it was a familiar kind of feeling. Not that she was upset about it, but it did stand out to her.

"Everyone's running pretty ragged, and I can't be too mad at 'em for it, either. Sure, we've got the manpower, but nobody wants to feel like they're not doing something."

Well, maybe not nobody, but most people. Kokoro was pretty confident any slackers wouldn't last very long in the 6th Division, if nothing else. Other places, maybe, but definitely not here.

"'Bout half an hour ago or so? I keep a lotta dried rations and stuff here in my office for when I gotta work late. My mom sends 'em now and again whenever she sends letters. Why, ya goin' to eat? A hot meal does sound nice."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum