Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]

Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:55 am
Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 H52_ehgfwhvjown

RIO SHIHOIN

"You two have caused me no inconvenience at all. I find that energy quite endearing. Never lose sight of that spirit, okay, Mayumi?"

Rio offered a warm and reassuring smile, far from discomforted in their presence. If anything, this proved far more entertaining than wandering the Seireitei aimlessly. Of course, Rio couldn't help but listen in on their conversation. Ikeda Tamura, eh? Rio had no particular location in mind to begin with, and part of the sisterly side of her spirit was humored the idea of treating Mayumi to a visit to this restaurant. Rio had no prior engagements for today, and if Tsubine was alright with it, why not treat the young girl to a fine time for her troubles? She survived bumping into a steel wall. Her efforts ought to be rewarded. Rio turned her gaze between Tsubine and Mayumi, stroking her chin softly.

"Well now, I don't know. I think I like Mayumi's idea. This place she's speaking of sounds interesting. I don't think I've been before. Sure, it's not a quick lunch, but I'm not pressed for time, and I think she does deserve a suitable reward for handling things so well, no? Of course, I have other places in mind. I wouldn't wish to override a father's choice, after all."

SHIELD OF THE SHIHOIN | End Post

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]

Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:05 pm

Tsubine knew what the answer was going to be as soon as Rio agreed with Mayumi. He may not have a grasp on how much she had changed, but one thing she still did was smug at him. She did it to him when Kanna gave her permission to do something Tsubine had said no to, and Mayumi definitely knew it worked. With a defeated sigh, he shrugged. "No, no... If you're sure about going there, then we'll gladly take you up on your offer. Right Mayumi?" Mayumi responded with a tumult of excited nodding.

Just like Mayumi described, Ikeda Tamura did in fact have a pond behind a wall. Ryōtei restaurants like this were normally invite-only, and Tsubine was not on that list. He was almost turned away, but the sight of a Shihōin with him shut that up right away. There were at least some places that still feared noble retribution. The only thing that Tsubine did request was not to have entertainment. He wasn't willing to fork over that kind of dough, and he definitely wasn't going to ask a Shihōin to do it.

Tsubine hadn't been to this exact restaurant before—but he had been to one similar. He knew what to expect, and he explained to Mayumi that the food may not be the same as the last time she was here. Sure enough, the chef explained a different menu than what she had expected. In a show of maturity, Mayumi was OK with that. While the first course was being prepared, Tsubine struck up a bit of conversation. "So, what do you do for a livi—er, work?" To a Shihōin, anything they did wasn't "for a living" but was a sense of duty or responsibility or just a hobby to keep them out of the house—at least that's how Tsubine thought of people with true "fuck-off" levels of money.

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:17 pm

RIO SHIHOIN

Rio lowered a hand to give Mayumi a victorious fist bump, smiling warmly as she turned to follow them. The journey was neither complicated nor long, and Rio spent any moment speaking about anything that entertained Mayumi well enough.

The Shihoin woman felt a great deal of nostalgia, truth be told. It wasn't something she commonly revealed to anyone, but as someone who had to singlehandedly be a guiding force to the younger Shihoin of her household, Rio had a soft spot for children. They were fairly pleasant to be around, and by all accounts, she had yet to meet one that annoyed her to any degree.

Mayumi ensured that streak would be maintained. When they arrived at the Ikeda Tamura, Rio simply went with the recommendations offered her by the chef, regarding them with a pleasant smile as she turned to Tsubine and his daughter. While the food was being prepared, Rio answered Tsubine's inquiry with relative ease.

"For a long time, I simply tended to the duties befitting those of a noble. Most of my attentions were oft devoted to my family. Events, meetings, gatherings.... anything one could imagine a Noble engaging in, I engaged without questioning it. Nowadays, my living is fighting under the banner of the Gotei as the vice-captain of the combat division. Hm, what about you, Tsubine? What do you do for a living?"

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100Chairman and Shihoin[Rio, Tsubine]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:03 am

Huh. Another member of the Gotei in Tsubine's contact list. As time goes on, he might have a full division's worth of contacts. He was a bit surprised with her being a Vice-Captain. Though, after his encounter with a certain Captain, he shouldn't be surprised about anything... Tsubine's reply to her question was a response he had practiced many times. It was the official explanation of the Shirazumi-rengokai—and not a word of it was a lie. "I'm the head of a community outreach and private security firm in the Rukongai. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a community organizer."

Mayumi, sitting beside her dad and across from Rio, spoke up and brought the conversation back a step. "Aunt Kei and Uncle J are in the Gotei too. Do you know them? Aunt Kei is in... I think the 1st Division. Uncle J is in the Sixth. I don't think he likes it there... Aunt Kei likes where she's at. She says she likes being around pretty girls." Mayumi spoke the small bit of gossip without realizing how much she actually said.

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:04 pm

RIO SHIHOIN

"Oh? A community outreach? I commend those who aim to offer their best efforts in making the Rukongai a better place. How have your efforts fared so far?"

Rio arched an eyebrow curiously in response to that description. Community outreach and private security firm? An interesting piece of information, to be certain, and although Rio clearly had never dabbled into anything too much beyond visiting the Rukongai, it still elicited the woman's curiosity. She could certainly commend a man for bringing some sense of organization and stability to a place that was in need of it. Depending on how things went, she wondered if he'd broach the subject about offering her resources to aiding him in his efforts.

He seemed a respectable man. Perhaps she would humor the thought after more conversation. Before she could voice any other question on top of her own, golden eyes found themselves focusing in on Mayumi. Aunt Kei and Uncle J... Kei. J. Ah! Two members of the Saionji family. Although Rio didn't heavily involve herself in noble affairs anymore, she still kept herself updated. They were a fairly prominent noble family, and had been making something for themselves according to the inner circles. She hadn't met either of them, personally, but that was probably change sooner or later.

"Oh my. I take it Aunt Kei has a preference for women? Alas, I don't recall meeting them personally, Mayumi. They're from the Saionji family, correct?"

She inquired, directing that particular question to Tsubine, curious to know his relationship with them. Friends from the past? One of his connections? The possibilities were endless, but it was best to get confirmation from the adult to make sure.

Last edited by Iori on Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:28 pm

Tsubine was glad she seemed to have bought his explanation of the Shirazumi-rengokai. "It's gone well enough. The district we focus on has had an upswing in quality of life—especially after rebuilding." Mayumi decided to interject then, speaking her mind about J and Kei Saionji. Tsubine was a bit flabbergasted that Mayumi spilled some details that either he didn't know should be public—or just outright didn't know. J was unhappy in the Gotei? That may be a subject to be broached at their next meeting. It might even be a deflection point if Mayumi told J about what happened today...

Tsubine's response to Rio's question had to wait as the first course was brought out. Tsubine had no idea exactly what it was—he just ordered based on the price tag—but it was at least laid out nice. "As for your question, they are of the Saionji family, yes. J's an old friend who saved my life once upon a time. He's tried to get me to join up with the Gotei many times since I've known him, but it's just not for me." Tsubine took a small bite of the food and although he didn't know if it was worth the price, it was still very good. "Especially nowadays... Back when there were 13 Divisions, I had 'em all memorized. Now everything's all switched up. I don't know which one's which anymore. I think the 1st is still the one in charge of administrative duties, but even I wouldn't bet on my memory on that."

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:31 pm

RIO SHIHOIN

Rio was clearly amused by the way Mayumi so freely revealed information on the Saionji siblings. It was welcomed information, of course. It is inevitable that they might one day meet one another given their connection to whatever remained of the noble structure in the Soul Society as a whole. As such, any piece of information is welcomed notes in her eyes. When the meal arrived, Rio's eyes lit up with curiosity. There was always this theory she humorously spoke about between her and her peers in her division.

Was expensive food any better than cheap food? Naturally, she was always playfully teased about their perception of her and how she always likely enjoyed state-of-the-art meals day in and say out. Whether high-quality cuisine or something at a cheaper price, Rio held no bias. And so, she wondered, did this taste good? A bite or two hadn't really answered her question, but it was pretty tasty. As she indulged in the first dish, Rio listened to Tsubine, acknowledging his words with a nod of his head.

One of her conjectures were indeed correct. The past bond. J was a man who had saved his life. From his words, though, he seemed wholly against the idea of joining the Gotei. That was understandable. Military life wasn't for everyone, and although she had no basis to go off of, the man who sat across from her struck her as someone who beat to the sound of their own drum. Considering the Rukongai connection, his dreams likely existed elsewhere.

"There is little to be ashamed of there, Tsubine. For a while, I never humored occupying a position in the Gotei. Certain events changed that, of course, but it definitely didn't cross my mind at first. The Gotei now is slightly confusing to follow at first nowadays, so I won't contest you on that. The first should still be in charged of administrative duties, but I cannot say for certain. Since we're on the subject, what led to your desire to focus all your efforts on the Rukongai over a position in the Gotei? If you don't mind my asking, of course."

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:02 am

Mayumi was almost-quietly eating her small portion, seemingly enjoying it. It was odd seeing a child enjoying high-class almost-artsy food. That's what he got for sending her to live with J and Kei for so long he supposed. Now Rio's question was one he got asked a decent bit a while back, but nowadays it was pretty rare. "Honestly, the Gotei didn't, and I believe still doesn't, do enough for the Rukongai. Friends and eventual family were out there, and I didn't think I could help them out by being away in the Seireitei."

"I don't quite know how I feel about the current Gotei either. I met one of the newer Captains and to say it was tense was an understatement... It's been a while that I honestly thought the best option if it came to a fight would be to run." Tsubine shook his head. "Anyways, I do appreciate that the Gotei is helping out more, but I don't think that it's going to be enough. We've only just finished rebuilding from the incursion. The biggest help has been from the people in my district, but even that's only going to go so far." Tsubine wasn't meaning to talk business, but it may not hurt to plant a seed or two...

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:57 pm

RIO SHIHOIN

"Mm..."

Rio found no inherent fault with Tsubine's opinion. From a historical point of view, the gotei had rarely devoted effort toward to shifting the livelihood of the Rukongai in a positive direction. The scales of the past always seemed to favor those in the upper crust rather than those in the district of wandering souls. Nobility held far too strong a sway in the past, those who could get by on name alone were high in number.

The former captain commander put an end to that, stripping nobility of the power that had carried them for so long. At first, Rio didn't particularly view the decision as favorable, but no matter what awaited her family, she would support them until the end of her days. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course, before she could offer any opinion regarding that point of conversation, an interesting piece of info caught her ear in particular. A captain of the Gotei that left him feeling so uncomfortable that he wished to run away? Among the current order of captains, there was no one that particularly stood out as someone she would regard as unsettling in terms of their overall disposition, not offhand at least. Rio certainly thought the man had made a fine impression on her. Therefore, the conjecture that he incited anything seemed faulty at beast. Approachable men rarely incited anything. Unable to contain her curiosity, she leaned forward ever so slightly, her expression growing curious.

"Honestly, I find that shocking. You have but nothing but approachable and light-hearted to me, even if you had every reason to lash out for my inadvertent bump with your daughter. If... you don't mind my asking, did this newer captain have a name?"

Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:31 pm

"If I had lashed out, the only thing that'd teach Mayumi was that responsibility could be shirked... and that sometimes you round a corner and there's a wall standing there that you weren't expecting. If you hadn't offered to help, I'd be more upset. And as for the Captain... I'd honestly rather not say." Because I forgot her name was left unsaid. There was another reason, as well. "I'm having a couple of contacts reach out to see if maybe it was just a bad day or if that's just how she is. I'm not looking to rock the boat, and I feel like bringing anything up would just do that. Now, if this happens again, then I think I'd behave differently." Tsubine quickly moved to change the subject. "So how is the Shihōin doing, if you don't mind my asking? You're the first of the great nobles I've met. I think I saw Byakuya Kuchiki once at a distance, but that was years ago and it was so far away it could have been someone else." Needless to say, it was, in fact, someone else.

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum