Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty Re: Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya]

Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:31 pm
Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Byakuya_PostingHeader5
Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya kept his surprise hidden behind his usual stoicism. He expected this newer, more modern generation to have stronger opinions about the goings on of their organization. Instead, he was getting responses like the ones he expected from Shinigami over a century ago. They trusted their leadership, their elders, traditions, laws already set forth, and those deemed “superior” to themselves. Yet, one young, rebellious, teenager shook the Soul Society in unexpected ways.

“Shinigami have obeyed the laws of the Soul Society for centuries, and many feel their opinions unworthy of consideration. You are allowed to have an opinion on the policies that affect you and the life of your comrades. To say it is not your place, is to say you are not a citizen of this world. Do not let the power others hold fool you into believing you cannot talk on such matters. It is good to trust your fellow Shinigami, but if you see something wrong or unjust, you would speak up, would you not? Is there nothing you find flawed in the Gotei United or the Academy?”

End Post
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty Re: Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya]

Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:58 am
Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 JGYv9eD

MORIKAWA MIZU | 2nd Division Vice Captain

Nobody, and nothing, is perfect. Mizu knew this quite well. After all, she witnessed the imperfections of those who would hold their wealth and status above all else, and the suffering that could result from it. She also witnessed how that suffering could in turn give rise to its own hatred and elitism, spurring on the wheel of hate in perpetuity. But how could she fix it? What policy could she endeavor to employ to change things for the better? Mizu had never been able to come up with an answer to such an impossible question. Instead, she would give her answer to a different question entirely.

"Truthfully, Captain Kuchiki-sama, I don't know what I would change. I have seen how hatred and suffering begets hatred and suffering...but I don't know what policies could end that cycle. All I know I can trust is that if I had the strength to at least fight for change, I would. And...I think that is enough." Mizu doubted her response was what Byakuya was looking for. He seemed to be proving for something more specific, more definitive. But this was her answer, and she would stick to it until the very end.

TAKING IT SERIOUS | END POST
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:30 pm
Byakuya Kuchiki

"I understand." Byakuya nodded. She was young and fairly new. It was possible that she did not realize how much influence she had at her current station. There was no reason to rush a young shinigami into answering questions that someone like himself still struggled to answer. He appreciated her honesty above all.

"I may be at fault for how I phrased my question as well. It is occasionally not about policy, but about standards and behavior, or expectations one puts on themselves and those they lead. Either way, thank you for your answer. Shall we finish your delivery and head to the training grounds? I intend to see this kido of yours."

End Post
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:17 pm

Mizu was gladdened by Byakuya's acceptance of her answer. She wasn't sure it was a good answer, but it had come from her heart and such honesty wasn't always the easiest to come by. She ruminated on his clarification, about how it's not just through policy an organization or culture can be molded, but through things like behavior and expectations. Mizu was never one to arrogantly stand at the front and expect the rest to follow; for most of her life, even the idea of others following her lead was an alien one. Far more often she was the one dutifully standing in line, gazing up at the backs of mightier men and women.

Now, as a Vice Captain, Mizu could only continue doing her best and hope that would be enough for those now watching her back. The expectations she set for herself had not changed; she still put every ounce of herself into everything she did, and settled for no less from herself. If even one of her subordinates in the Second would witness how she works and emulates her ethic, Mizu would be prouder than she'd ever been.

"Hai! Yes, Captain Kuchiki-sama. Luckily we're already here!" After a quick bow to Byakuya, Mizu abruptly turned and walked into the small records office they stood in front of and in just a few short moments later she came back out and bowed again. "We should be able to get to the Second Division training grounds in a short time from here, Captain Kuchiki-sama."

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:09 am
Byakuya Kuchiki

They had arrived. Byakuya watched the energetic young woman enter the office and chose to wait for her outside. He appreciated her work ethic and the energy she exuded. He could see why Rukia chose her as a Vice Captain; maybe Mizu's joy would help bring Rukia out of the rut rumors said she was in. A few moments later, Mizu returned and was ready to go to the... Second Divisions... training grounds?

Right. That was one of a few frustrations he did hold with the current Gotei. The rearranging of certain Divisions felt exceedingly unnecessary. The fourth could have stayed medical and the second could have stayed stealth.

Byakuya gestured for Mizu to lead the way and would follow her all the way there. However, the closer they got, the more tense he seemed. His shoulders stiffened, he clenched his hands, and his jaw was tighter. Though not far from his normal demeanor, those observant enough could catch these small changes.

End Post
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:25 am

Normally Mizu would be plenty observant enough to notice errant changes in a companion, but her mind was not what it usually was. Not with Byakuya next to her, talking to her, actually with her in real life and not just in childish daydreams. Though she possessed no romantic feelings for him as an adult, especially not since meeting Kyo, she had dreamed her entire life of meeting Byakuya. He was, in many ways, her hero. Unyielding. Righteous. Powerful. The greatest Captain in Gotei history.

Stop looking anywhere but at him. she demanded of herself. Since she dropped off the parcel and they began making their way to the Squad barracks, Mizu's golden gaze had managed to analyze every single tree, building, and stone block on the path they walked. But it never turned back to face the man she walked next to. Though now past her initial extreme reaction, this still felt entirely surreal to Mizu.

Eventually, as they neared the barracks, Mizu did begin to notice some subtle and not-so-subtle changes in Byakuya's demeanor. He seemed more...statuesque. Stiffer. Was she imagining things? It all came to a head as they finally reached the Second Division and turned to head directly to the training grounds. As his symptoms peaked, Mizu finally spoke up and questioned the change "Um, Captain Kuchiki-sama, is everything alright...? I don't mean to pry, but you look uncomfortable. If I've done or said anything to make you feel uncomfortable, I sincerely apologize."'

Last edited by Paradigm on Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:10 am
Byakuya Kuchiki

There was a long silence between them as they walked on. Mizu was distracted in her own way, and so was he. When her voice pulled him from his thoughts, he glanced her direction. Her concern was surprising, her observational skills keen. Though he had faltered in his normal behavior, it would not be enough for the general shinigami to notice. Though, after requesting a demonstration from Mizu, the fact that it made her feel the need to apologize was shameful.

“You have done nothing wrong, so there is no need for an apology, Lieutenant Morkiwa,” Byakuya said and looked toward the barracks of the Fourth. “This technique you’ve created. What inspired you?” Though Byakuya was interested in her new kido technique, he was using it as a way to move the conversation away from him social blunder. It had been a long time since he had spoken to his sister, so entering her Division grounds without visiting may cause unwanted problems.

End Post
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:08 am
Small Chances, Pure Brilliance [Mizu/Byakuya] - Page 2 O2HaqQt

MORIKAWA MIZU

Byakuya's question immediately reminded Mizu of all those fights she had been in that led up to her experimentation with Kidō. Though Kidō possesses many tools by itself, she thought about how often she was pitted against monsters and people with such extreme differences between them and their abilities that she felt it necessary to come up with some other way to fight them. To be better prepared against all possible threats. And just like that, she had her answer.

"Though I would not be here without it, Shin'o Academy training didn't, couldn't, prepare me for all there is in the world. Hollows who can make themselves hotter than fire, Quincies who fight with lightning bolts and complex spells, Arrancar with fists of steel...a better Shinigami could deal with these threats with Kidō normally, but I knew I needed something to, um, "bridge the gap" so to speak." Not one to hide her weaknesses, Mizu confidently spoke of her own shortcomings without embarrassment. "I have done my best to come up with new spells and ways to use Kidō to be prepared for more situations."

GENIUS HARD WORKER | END POST
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:52 am
Byakuya Kuchiki

Mizu’s answer was refined. She was clearly a young woman with ambition and a strong understanding of her own limitations. Too many shinigami failed such a simple thing and it got them or others killed. It had been a long time since Byakuya felt the ambition he had when he was younger. He could not remember the last time he truly pushed for something he wanted, at least outside of family matters. His life had become stagnant, based in boring business.

“I see. With your creativity and ambition, I expect you will be a powerful asset to the Gotei for many years, Vice Captain Morikawa,” Byakuya said as they finally arrived at the Second’s training grounds. He followed Mizu to wherever she found herself comfortable showing him this technique of hers. “Please, demonstrate.”

End Post
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:02 pm

Praise from her personal hero was not something she ever expected to hear outside of sleepy daydreams. Byakuya's words were music to her ears, beautiful notes she would not soon forget. She bowed at the waist as she gratefully accepted his compliment. Afterwards, having arrived at their destination, Mizu looked around and scanned the area for any of her subordinates; luckily the training yard was mostly empty, with only the rare soldier relaxing or training nearby.

When Byakuya requested a demonstration of some of her Kidō, Mizu bowed again and said a quick "Hai." before moving to away a half dozen feet or so and taking a strong stance. Though she could still hear her heart beating in her chest, Mizu did her best to relax then raised both hands in the direction of a nearby training dummy and cast a spell "Hadō #4: Byakurai - Apply Ice!" At her fingertips a small sphere of light blue energy formed before quickly discharging in a bolt of lightning which crossed the field and struck the dummy, covering it in a thick layer of ice as well as leaving a trail of ice between Mizu and her target.

Turning back to Byakuya, Mizu bowed before explaining her spell "Genso Kakusan allows me to change or enhance the 'element' of Kidō spells. It's not limited to ice either, there's a handful of elements I can apply to Kidō."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum