Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
LazarusJeager
LazarusJeager
Starter Member

First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly) Empty First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly)

Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:56 pm
Lazarus had come to Japan as part of his first mission, apparently there's been an increase in hollow activity in the area, and as a result, more humans have been attacked or even killed. It was strange to see a sudden increase in hollows seemingly out of nowhere, but then again anything was possible in this realm, for all he knew someone could be luring them out for one reason or another. He had been tasked with investigating the area of activity and dispatching any hollows he deemed enough of a threat to the surrounding populace. It was unfortunate that such a thing was happening, however Lazarus didn't see it the same way as his superiors, though he'd never openly admit to it. In his eyes this was just the natural order of things, hollows eat souls, humans have to die one way or another, and everything is in balance. This uptick in hollows might simply be related to an uptick in human births, but it wasn't like anyone looked into the specifics of that, just go out and kill the hollows they say, no thought to how that might effect anything else.

The cirmson-haired Quincy found himself sitting in a farther large park, and although it was midday with the sun hanging high in the sky, the park itself was relatively quiet. There were a few people here and there but nothing like he imagined it to be, perhaps the humans were still busy with work or whatever it was they got up to during the daylight hours. A sigh escaped him as he found a bench to sit on, sun-kissed skin a stark contrast to the amber eyes that scanned the environment around him. He wore unassuming clothing, a pair of joggers and a t-shirt, both grey in color, with a pair of black sneakers. As he sat there he would start the process of investigation, first, he'd open his mind to the spiritual world around him, letting his sense of spiritual energy scan the area. Next Lazarus would go about controlling his reiatsu output, holding it for a moment, and then letting it rise back to its normal level after a few seconds. He'd repeat this process while he sat on the bench, more or less using his spiritual energy as a ping for anything around that would sense it. This served the purpose of alerting any hollows in the area of a tasty morsel that was ripe for the picking, but in the same vein, it also called out to any that might be spiritually aware. If he happened to find anyone who could sense him, it might prove to be more interesting than just fighting off some lowly hollows.
Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly) Left_bar_bleue0/0First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly) Empty Re: First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly)

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:22 pm
Hollow attacks were something Nanaly's family tried to keep under control. Though with half of them being gone, those duties went all on her father since he insisted she didn't fight Hollow. Nanaly understood though she went against his wishes, keeping the small fodder level Hollow in check. They usually could never fly, so her arrows struck from a safe position. So this was pretty much how she was spending her day. She had a lot on her mind as of late, constant clinic visits, the same prescriptions, her life was... well stagnant, a woman who can fly was just shackled down by her illness. The Vandenrich sounded more appealing, after all, Meni mentioned it might help with her condition. Flying out like this every day was always a good way to clear her head and think about everything happening. Just her, and her broom. Of course, the hollows she took down kinda faded in the background.

It would appear Lazarus' energy would prove tasty. A hollow was making its way toward the Quincy, the Hollow appeared to be a tiger, a low threat to be certain. The witch was quick to pick up on the spiritual pressure pulsing, that much was strange. As she flew over, she felt the faint energy of the tiger. The white animal appeared to be trying to sneak toward Lazarus as she sat on the bench, using the nearby bushes and trees as cover. Though it was good at blending in, it was terrible at masking its energy.

It grew closer and closer. This was where the witch would get involved. Now she floated roughly ten to fifteen feet in the air, firing many arrows at the Tiger. The first two would miss, though the third was the one that connected. Directly piercing through the Hollow's mask.

The creature dissipated, as Nanaly flew closer to the ground, now only lightly hovering above the ground, roughly 3 feet off the ground, sitting upon her reishi broom. To a bystander, this looked like some fancy levitation magic trick...

She pointed directly towards Lazarus. "You're special huh? I was wondering what that pulsing was... any reason you're trying to get those things to attack you...?"
LazarusJeager
LazarusJeager
Starter Member

First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly) Empty Re: First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly)

Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:51 pm
The sensation of a chill ran down his spine as the presence of a hollow came into range, feeling the monster stalk about somewhere behind him, prey sitting ready for the taking. While it did feel like a low-level hollow anything was possible, and he wouldn't get up from his spot, going so far as to pretend he was unaware of the hollow entirely. He wanted to see how close it got before actually attacking, he would be ready to draw his weapon if needed, but it was better to study the creature's movements and actions before dispatching it, or that was the plan at least.

'Oh well this is interesting, let's see how this plays out.' Lazarus thought to himself at the presence of another coming into range. Given the pathing and speed, they were moving quickly, and from an angle that meant they weren't bound to the earth, someone was flying. Content to see the events play out before him, Lazarus remained stationary as this would-be protector came in to save him from the hollow hunting him. His eyes would catch sight of the arrows as they were fired, counting them off as they flew by, sensing them all the while to hear and sense the hollow falling victim to the third shot. His amber hues fell upon the woman who had defeated the hollow, taking in the sight of his savior with mild intrigue. Taking in information about this stranger for his report if nothing else, Lazarus would make a mental note of anything he thought might be worth remembering, like the fact that she had fired arrows and was sitting on a reishi broom. If he had to venture a guess his mind would come to the conclusion that she was a Quincy like himself, and as such he would pull his peft hand from the pocket of his joggers to reveal the Quincy cross specific to the Vandenreich. It served the purpose of giving his being here legitimacy as well as letting her know what kind of person she was talking to, a fellow Quincy.

"Pretty sure you're supposed to start by introducing yourself when talking to someone, but hey, I can't complain much after you took the time out of your day to come help." His other hand would come out to join together with his left in front of him, elbows resting on his knees as he leaned forward with a smile. He had to be inviting enough to not scare her away without being too friendly, he didn't want her to get the wrong idea about the organization he worked for after all. "I'm just out on reports of increased hollow activity, you wouldn't happen to know anything about that now would you?"
Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly) Left_bar_bleue0/0First Day On The Job (Lazarus/Nanaly) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:59 pm
Well, The Quincy DID notice the cross but didn't know it was from the Vandenreich. Pausing, Nanaly took a minute to let things process with what he said. "I- Nanaly..." Saying her name she was a bit taken aback trying to figure out the correct words. "No. I just live here, so I take out any Hollow I get a sniff of."

She would put a bit of distance between her and the mystery man. Using her broom to float up a couple of feet, about 6 feet off the ground. Enough to speak clearly without yelling. "Though it does feel like more of those things as of recent. My dad and I do our best to take them out when they pop up."

"I've noticed spiritual people kinda draw them in." Nanaly crossed her legs one over the other as she sat comfortably on her floating broom. Moving around she would look out for more Hollows that could be around as she spoke with the man. "You gonna give me your name orrrrrr? Not every day I see a Quincy quite like you"

She was curious about this man, maybe more so than the other Quincy she'd met. "I've met a lot of Quincy these past couple of days. So I guess the Hollow's around must be pretty severe~ Nothin the great Nanaly can't handle~" A clear joke.
LazarusJeager
LazarusJeager
Starter Member

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:17 pm
Her lack of acknowledgment when he showed the cross was a sign that she might not be as aware of the organization as he first assumed, interesting to have found a Quincy who wasn't a part of it, even more so that she had no information about it. Lazarus took a mental note of her moving away from him, as well as what she said about the increase in activity which would confirm the reports they were getting. "Well you'd be correct in that spiritual beings can be particularly interesting to hollow, considering the stronger the soul they eat the stronger they in turn become. My name is Lazarus, I work with the Vandenreich to protect the people of this world from the other beings who might be of danger or harm to them."

"It would make sense that more of us would be dispatched to deal with the problems, though I can't say for sure if all of the Quincy you've met have been with us or not. There are several sects and family lineages that separated generations ago, much like any large group of people do at some point." She mentioned that her father also dealt with the hollows in the area, he wondered just how wide that range of territory spanned for a pair of Quincy.

Lazarus sat up a bit more to look at Nanaly, smiling a bit more as he spoke once more. "Does your father travel far to deal with these monsters, or is it more keeping the local population low?"

His mind was still open to the world around them, scanning the area around them every couple of seconds to make sure nothing else was creeping around in the park. It would be a shame to cut their conversation short due to some pesky little hollows.
Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:55 pm
Nanaly made sure she listened carefully to everything Lazarus was telling her, after all, she didn't even know who this guy was, so she wanted to understand what he was saying. The sickly woman looked towards the boy, as she sat upon her broom. "Nanaly." She quickly introduced herself. "I have a couple of friends in the Vandenreich, so I'm somewhat familiar with what you guys do."

"My dad? No, he stays local, me and my dad don't exactly venture out. As for my brother... I can't exactly tell you what he is up to. I dunno if he fights Hollow or not..." She tapped her chin when it came to Doku he was... unpredictable, I mean he lived further in Tokyo so she couldn't keep tabs on his activities.

"I feel like I've been fighting them for hours..." She yawned heavily, stretching out as she laid back on her broom, before going a bit higher into the air.
LazarusJeager
LazarusJeager
Starter Member

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:04 pm
He would nod along as he listened, a small affirmation of his attention to show her respect as she spoke. It was surprising to find that only two Quincy were looking over such a large area, it would explain much of why Lazarus had been sent out, something to think about as he continued to scan the area as they had their conversation. "I can imagine how exhausting it would be to have to hunt for hours at a time, though I'm sure travel is pretty easy with that broom of yours. Tell you what, why don't you help me help you, if you know where the hollows are more concentrated I can help in the effort to keep them from attacking other people. I'd have to do the searching myself otherwise, and that takes time, more time means more hollows, I'm sure you get the picture."

His tone was matter-of-factly, though it wasn't condescending by any means, more so the way a businessman would strike up a bargain with a potential customer. It helped that she had an idea of what the organization did, however, that left a grey area for misinterpretation that he wasn't fond of. He'd have to see how she felt about them as the day went on, perking up a bit at the sensation of something creeping into the realm from another. Lazarus would sit up, turning to look in the general direction of the presence, too far to see but just at the edge of his range of spiritual awareness. "They weren't kidding about the hollow problem huh..."
Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:50 pm
Nanaly took a few soft breaths. "My broom eh~ It makes it a lot easier to get around. Plus, the little hollow can't fly or anything so it's easy to shoot them from the air~" Nanaly flew up just a little bit in the air, only about 10 feet, showing off her abilities a bit more. "Well yeah... Keeping them away permanently is a pain. Japan has a super thick population of spiritual people, so Hollow sees it like an all-you-can-eat buffet..."

Nanaly would shake her head as the man noticed the Hollow. As soon as he spoke Nanaly would look from her height advantage to see if she could spot the Hollow. She would shoot a few arrows from her broom at the target if she could see it. Even if she didn't hit, she hoped it would help Lazarus find out where the Hollow was so he could advance and help her take it down.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum