Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Baldragoran
Baldragoran
Starter Member

Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Empty Hisoka, the Magician of Death.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:25 pm
--

Last edited by Baldragoran on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:38 pm; edited 99 times in total

Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Yogenh10
Ludalfa
Ludalfa
The Living Microwave
The Living Microwave

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Left_bar_bleue30/100Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)
Tiers:

Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Empty Re: Hisoka, the Magician of Death.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:30 pm
Moving this app to Old WIP since it has been 2 weeks. if finished please refer to This thread or ask staff to move it.
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Left_bar_bleue227620/999999Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Empty_bar_bleue  (227620/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:32 pm
Originally, the core id of Hakyoku belonged to an ancient spiritualist possessing great strength and the admiration of all the nearby villages; he would even lease his services far and wide, dispersing anything from lingering spirits to the malignant Hollow-- which were regarded as "demonic spirits" during that distant time. He created Nen of the Flame.

Junshin quickly came to realize that, despite all his prowess in physical combat and Nen of the Flame, there was no way to protect everyone by himself and thus began choosing disciples. Though latent talent as a spiritualist was requisite in this selection personality was equally important, handpicking noble and idealistic defenders from all walks of life.

As the years passed and his disciples matured in wisdom and power, Junshin was free to continue leasing his services across the land without worrying about the safety of his native region, leaving it in their hands. Funds from such endeavors were reinvested in property and a gymnasium for training, along with living quarters and sufficient supplies to keep his disciples comfortable. Some were coming along quite well and would soon be able to journey afar and ply their own unique adaptations of Nen of the Flame.

Little did he know that his reputation had transcended the Living Realm, now spread throughout certain circles of Hueco Mundo's denizens as well, rousing the ire of powerful Hollow. One of which was an up-and-coming Adjuchas, seeking to prove himself superior and cement a reputation of its own, claiming Junshin's locale in the process. This raid was purposely conducted while he was away, dealing with a handful of Hollow terrorizing a mountain village and incapable of knowing what was happening back at his home.

The Adjuchas killed and devoured Junshin's disciples whilst his horde swarmed over the nearby villages, sating their hunger with innumerable souls, reveling in the horrified screams. Rarely was such an attack seen in the Living World, and this was long before Shino Academy was established so there were no Shinigami protectors to intercede.

When Junshin returned days later the Hollow occupation was still firmly rooted, leisurely devouring any that had managed to survive that long in a ceaseless massacre. He could sense that none of his disciples remained, nor were they likely to have escaped given the propensity Hollow have for devouring anything with a developed reiryoku. Enraged, he lashed out and slew as many as he could, fighting his way to the significantly higher aura.

An intense and savage battle ensued, each putting everything at stake to destroy the other in a high-pace display of destruction and bloodlust, inevitably laying waste to anything and everything unfortunate enough to be drawn in as the two clashed again and again. Junshin was eventually dealt a mortal wound and, as his life began to wane, devoured by the Adjuchas; adding his unique personality and power to its genetics... Ecstatic, the Hollow turned on its brethren and began devouring them as well, each having so recently gorged itself upon the enriched souls of humans. Thus was Hakyoku reborn as Vasto Lorde.

Hisoka's pure Hollow form, Hakyoku.

{( Cataclysmic Dragon )}

The region once protected by Toguro Junshin fell under the shadow of Hakyoku, and no-one could know that a significant part of that legendary spiritualist still existed somewhere inside his killer. The peoples of this land came to be known as Egyptians, all bent to Hakyoku's will, worshiping and reviling him as they began rebuilding their civilization under his direct influence; a "Pharaoh" was raised to act as the mediator between Hakyoku and the fodder he now governed. Rarely did he find cause to return to Hueco Mundo.

Essentially, his instructions were to bring all of the thralls together and make it easier for his newly appointed Hollow "honor guard" to feed and grow in strength, passing this off as a rite of sacrifice to ensure the continuity of humanity; as the generations passed this indirect, subtle touch created a passable illusion of free will and consistent leadership in the form of a fabricated Pharaoh bloodline which knew the truth. Mankind began to forget.

That was well and good, since he was beginning to lose interest in the petty humans as they didn't offer him any real sustenance since his evolution to Vasto Lorde; in fact, it didn't seem like anything he devoured would increase his current potential, vast though it was. No, Earth was quickly becoming boring as it offered no real resistance to his conquest... and so he resolved to conquer to his native realm, Heuco Mundo, instead.

When Hakyoku finally departed and abandoned Egypt to its inevitable downfall he left many myths and "fingerprints" behind. Alpha Draconis, a constellation as prominent as Orion, was given special significance in ancient civilizations across the world because of this era of tyranny. His likeness was slowly pared down, generation after generation, until it was simply that of a glorified serpent which is still a prevailing occultist symbol in modern day, a fact which the present-day "Hisoka" finds hilarious in all its absurdity.

Once back in Hueco Mundo he established himself in the high passes of a mountain range after ordering the honor guard to eliminate the previous occupants, intending to exploit its tactical advantages against any rivals, and there were sure to be many. More of a fossilized eerie than a mountain, anyone holding it could see as far as the horizon in any direction, though the distant Menos Forest offered some cover amid the ever-shifting sands.

There were several "Lords" among the Hollow, most of which were Vasto Lorde or uncommonly strong Adjuchas, and to Hakyoku's surprise they had all long since done exactly as he had; taken sanctuaries with natural defenses, guarded by the most powerful Hollow they could sway or force into servitude... and all were spread far, far apart.

As it would turn out, warfare among the upper class of Hollow mostly consisted of tweaking one another's noses so far as Hakyoku was concerned. None would willingly enter a conflict outside the boundaries of their own respective kingdoms unless victory was all but written in the skies, and only an complete fool would want to force the confrontation into the very dens of their enemies. It was all quite frustrating to him...

Instead of a climatic all-in battle between two kingdoms and their Lords/Ladies, things were conducted in a roundabout and mostly circumstantial way that didn't give him any gratification. Purposely ruining the raids of other kingdoms in the unclaimed regions of Hueco Mundo, which was the vast majority of this inhospitable land, and slaying vassals of rivals any time they were encountered as a general principle. It was all very petty.

Nevertheless, centuries passed in that endless game of counter-maneuvering...

And so he found himself abandoning the cause, seeking some deep delving far beneath the unforgiving surface to hibernate until... well, he wasn't really sure. Hakyoku only hoped that he woke into more interesting times. He remained dormant until the crescendo of Kurosaki Ichigo's final battle against Aizen Sosuke, awakened by the spiritual resonance.

Hisoka's current incarnation, the Magician of Death.

{( Removing the Mask )}

The act of removing his mask was a conscious decision and something he did himself, instinctively forcing an evolution after reaching the pinnacle of his Hollow form's potential. Devouring lesser Hollow-- and they all seemed lesser to his eyes-- had ceased to provide any spiritual enrichment long, long ago. Arrancar would become commonplace.

With a humanoid form, strongly resembling his previous self, he delved deep within to create an intricate personality to go with this new lease on life; heavily favoring the "core" of his id. Rediscovering Nen of the Flame was an intuitive process, adapting it to utilize Hollow energy to facilitate its techniques out of necessity, further distinguishing it.

This new turn of events eventually lead him to the Living World, where he could move throughout busy cities without unintentionally destroying everything around him with the immensity of his original Hollow form. New possibilities were everywhere, enough to slake his thirst for intrigue for some time to come, and it didn't take him long to discover a particular delight; humans capable of recognizing him in lieu of latent spiritual capabilities.

Though he had trained extensively in the use of Ren and Ten before departing Hueco Mundo, it was here in the Living World that he refined an aptitude for Zetsu to wholly conceal his presence from Shinigami and the uncommon Quincy while developing Phantom Aura-- his Hatsu-- in secret; concealing its existence behind the application of Ren's offense Ten's defense, avoiding the open usage of "Advanced Nen Techniques."

Things continued on like that for several centuries, in obscurity, but meddling with the humans was becoming... dull. As a "showman," it was time for Hisoka to put on a grand finale before moving on to bigger and better things... Perhaps these so-called Demons?

22,420 years and I can fill one month of information in the same you filled 22,420 years, and my information would all be relevant and exciting too. Either diminish the amount of time he's been alive or make this less boring and more detailed. Of course, the earliest agricultural settlements we are aware of would have been founded in 12,000 BC, or only 14414 years ago...and that's when we were just learning to farm and nowhere near the realm of concrete villages in which someone could peddle spirit extermination. So...yeah, lower the age, a lot, or explain how this is even possible.

With a completely concealed reiryoku he may slip through barriers and bindings intended to repel or ensnare spiritual entities unless they possess a provision for effecting the non-spiritual variety.

No, the rest is fine.

"Conceal / In," in application, is a means of cloaking a spiritual manifestation or object if it is coated with aura, but under ordinary circumstances it is impossible to cloak a living entity without first transferring a large quantity of reiatsu to it, which will act as a conductor for the ability; the effects parallel the concept of something existing in two dimensions simultaneously, being invisible yet still able to effect people and things.

Hisoka is able to sustain this ability through sheer willpower, and after centuries of practice it doesn't appear as if he needs to concentrate in order to produce its effects. Willing it away will cause the effects to fade, meaning whatever the ability had been concealing will slowly become visible to anyone possessing innate spiritual sensitivity.

So...he can make himself, in conjunction with the previous ability, completely undetectable? I feel the answer if that is the case is obvious...if it's not, you need to do a better job of explaining what this actually does.

Hisoka is able to pinpoint the exact location of any entity within the boundaries of his En projection through concentration, even if its spiritual pressure is masked, and if it is a spiritual presence he is familiar with through a past encounter it will be identifiable.

is this including specialized techniques, like the one you're using, or is it just the basic, routine suppression of reiatsu?

Hisoka's release to Resureccion is less of a gesture or pose and more of a gesture

Wait...what?

Baldragoran
Baldragoran
Starter Member

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:53 pm
Brevity is an art and the history made use of it because there's no real point behind having a glorified background when nine out of ten people just skip it; or skim over it, at best. I'll see about lengthening it when I get around to it.

I decreased the age instead of arguing the erroneous belief that man simply fell out of a monkey's ass and evolved into what it is, today, over the course of centuries while there's ample evidence that the species has been around and productive for a lot, lot longer.

I removed the bit about sealing off the reiryoku-- in the Zetsu state-- enabling Hisoka to slip through spiritual barriers and binds that have no provision for non-spiritual entities, and just assume that all characters MUST be spiritual at all times-- or it would've made sense.

If you actually read the bits about Zetsu and In, you'd realize that the character would be incapable of using In-- or any other spiritual technique-- whilst in a Zetsu state, thus they can't be used in conjuncture. Ever. Thought it was detailed enough, but I amended it for the sake of skimmers.

I elaborated on En enough to make it clear that the reishi work as a form of sonar, and it isn't the spiritual pressure-- or lack there of-- that he's picking up on, but that the particles give away people within their boundaries as they make contact. Whether or not their reiatsu is sealed is moot, hence being able to detect a character with a masked presence. It's their physical/spiritual body.

Aaaaand I reworded that line from Resureccion.

Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Left_bar_bleue227620/999999Hisoka, the Magician of Death. Empty_bar_bleue  (227620/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 pm
And if he was simply alive and human prior to the dates I listed, or even a little bit above like you currently have listed, that'd be perfectly fine, however he's peddling services to villages, plural, and organized civilization was NOT around in the time frame you had originally proposed and there is no evidence whatsoever to the contrary, but the reduced age is fine. As for the brevity, yes, it is an art and there is a time and a place for it but confusion on the stipulations with Zetsu aside(I was under the impression its limits pertained to the 100% ratio splits, thank you for rectifying my misconception) I don't skim and since the power base on this would require, and I assume you're aiming for, a higher tier. There are, currently, 14000+ years of experience that has led to shaping this man's personality and being and since you're unlucky enough to have me checking it, I want to know everything about how and why he is like he is and the relatively short history doesn't quite do that for me.

As for the barrier bypassing, I was told that was a non-negotiable no, sorry.

On to your sonar, does it work like actual sonar? As in the technique can be tricked if the victim is clever enough(for instance Sonar is echolocation, having something between you and the sound waves will fool Sonar in to not acknowledging your presence) or is it more of a detection field, where walking within that range of him automatically gives him your location regardless?
Baldragoran
Baldragoran
Starter Member

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:04 pm
I understand the history bit but I actually wasn't ready to be graded for acceptance anyway, and wanted a clear review so I knew what to brush up on for the real deal; this works just as well, if not better.

Zetsu completely seals the reiryoku in exchange for its set of advantages, so the character's hands would be tied when it came to other spiritual techniques unless he deactivates it; all in all, I never intended to use In on him or any other character, but it is applicable to manifestations of reiatsu. Essentially, the concept behind In is a means to concealing that particular type of technique for tactical advantage but is able to be seen by anyone actively using Gyo ( or any skill that exists here which parallels it ), but aside from that even if a character can't see it once it takes effect a "clever" mind should be able to piece it together as the information mounts. I don't intend to use this method to conceal ranged attacks either, though that may be circumstantial in future endeavors, and even then it'd probably be some sort of unison attack with another character to increase general difficulty in pulling it off.

In mostly pertains to the Phantom Aura ability.

En takes the "aura" spiritual beings subconsciously exude-- their "spirit pressure" in Bleach terms-- and projects it into a voluminous field of reishi which recognize anything they make contact with. Yes, a clever character could dupe this ability but it'd have to be done in a specific sort of way. An illusory ability wouldn't have any effect as it has no actual mass, but if a tangible clone or copy is implemented the sonar would pick that up and recognize it as a "real" person/thing-- at which point, *my* character would need to be clever to differentiate.

Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm
Alright, let me know when you are finished with the final product then, at the moment I don't like En. We have similar abilities on the site, but to my knowledge they all have substantially more drawbacks. So I'm either going to have to ask you to nerf it to be more like the sonar reference(the sensing can be obstructed by solid objects or some similar deficiency) or I'm going to ask that the ability be integrated in to the 100% usage system you have, forcing him to detract from portions of the rest of his abilities in order to focus on the sensory aspect.
Baldragoran
Baldragoran
Starter Member

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:14 pm
Haha, good thing I dropped the radius for En from what it has the potential for on Hunter x Hunter; a master can project a 3+ mile radius with concentration. Each character has one or a few favored Advanced Nen Techniques they show an aptitude for, so it's all pretty technical on what has the potential to override or overwhelm what.

Add in differences in potential, amount or "aura" and the personally unique Hatsu abilities that equate to Zanpakutō abilities in Bleach and it's all pretty variable.

I'm not really sure how to go about nerfing it as a sonar ability since everything it does is scaled to how an actual sonar functions, but with spirituality thrown in the mix. What sort of "deficiencies" do other similar abilities have?

Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:15 pm
Well, don't take this as patronization, but how sonar works is it sends out a ping, or a sound wave and then uses the rebounding sound wave that bounces off the terrain to generate a picture. The chief deficiency would be, if you used a Sonar-esque ability on a crowded street, you would get a clear picture of everything the sound wave touched(more or less, "clear" varies heavily). You would see the buildings, people walking near you, a dog pissing on a hydrant, etc. You would not however, know about anything inside the building, anything behind the building, anyone standing completely behind someone else, etc. Your ability isn't sonar so much as it is perforating an area with energy and being omniscient of everything inside that area. With Sonar, you are able to hide from it, with this not so much.
Baldragoran
Baldragoran
Starter Member

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:18 pm
True, sonar can run into obstructions and bounce back without giving any real indication of what's inside or behind it while En is depicted as a 3D field of aura that the character can use to identify things; not what's inside of something but what's around it. It'd be like a constant and instantaneous ping, since the aura being projected belongs to the character and there would obviously be an intimate and constant link.

Characters that used En in HxH had to really concentrate to produce any high effects, and only a few "elite" type characters that have really polished the skill could perform it while actively engaged in combat; one of the Ryodan would condense his En to a 5ft radius around himself, so anything stepping within it-- 360 degrees-- would alert him and immediately be drawn upon in an unsheathing maneuver.

I could chop it down to something more akin to technological sonar where a barrier-esque field expands from Hisoka and has to be repeated in rapid succession to achieve a real-time visualization of what's within its boundaries, or being sustained at a reasonable radius with concentration. Suggestions?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum