Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Abbot
Abbot
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
"Reserving a post"? Left_bar_bleue0/0"Reserving a post"? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

"Reserving a post"? Empty "Reserving a post"?

Sat May 10, 2014 2:07 am
EX: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t11820-i-m-not-a-truant-open

Is that a thing? It hasn't been a thing for me in multiple years of RP. I've seen people send PMs, but this prevents someone from joining an open thread and is rather irritating, to say the least.

Are there regulations on reserving posts? Etiquette? Or is it unregulated? I want to understand this, because I haven't encountered it in 6 years of RP.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
"Reserving a post"? Left_bar_bleue25/100"Reserving a post"? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/100)
Tiers:

"Reserving a post"? Empty Re: "Reserving a post"?

Sat May 10, 2014 8:01 am
I'll still post... unless it was just done... or done say, an hour or two ago. Other than that, I'd say that their reserve is just as plausible as the next person's. So screw it post anyway. Not gonna hurt anyone...

"Reserving a post"? Sbb1I7e
Teitoku
Teitoku
Blackblood

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun May 11, 2014 6:30 am
"reserving posts" is usually used when you want to put in a post before anyone else joins that specific thread. We do this because it makes the flow easier rather than having to jump in and change everything you thought of once another person join. So it's mostly used for a person who plans to post within a day or two, as if the reserve is there for too long without a following post, the reserve can be skipped. It's more of an unspoken form of etiquette on PH.

"Reserving a post"? Ap8OoJO

JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
"Reserving a post"? Left_bar_bleue20650/20000"Reserving a post"? Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Sun May 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Wat.

First -
Reserving posts is done as Kyle and CPK said, to make sure your work will go in uninhibited. Due to the nature of open threads, something could happen at any time. Do you or do you not want protection in ensuring that you can react without missing anyone?

Second -
This is my biggest wat point. IT DOESN'T PREVENT ANYONE FROM JOINING AN OPEN THREAD. See: Starrk vs Kakeru vs Cirno vs ???? - Multiple reserves were made in an open thread, one after another. You can make reserve posts on top of reserve posts. If a person makes it impossible to join the post cycle with a reserve, it is up to the OP to decide what the new posting order should be.

Reserve posts:
1. Are helpful to all concerned and help reduce stress.
2. Do not inhibit a thread in any way, so long as they are not abused and the members of the thread are mature about communication and withholding their reserve.

Hope that helps with the confusion,
JJ

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
"Reserving a post"? Left_bar_bleue25/100"Reserving a post"? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/100)
Tiers:

Mon May 12, 2014 5:35 am
Just throwing this in there as well, for any future threads you may have as people can still do the same thing if it is within a private thread. Also, is not limited to just location, but purpose too, I believe. I'm quoting this from the rules:

Location Rule: You CANNOT have private or personal threads if you are in a highly dangerous area where your character does not belong. For instance, if you are an Arrancar, you are NOT allowed to have a private thread in Karakura Central as that is a danger area for your character. And, on the flipside, a Shinigami CANNOT have a private thread in Demon or Hueco Mundo.

Location Rule 1.a: However, if you have a special license to be in Karakura Central, you can possibly bypass this rule. For neutral Demon's/Arrancar, they would most likely need to buy some sort of passport in order to be allowed into these cities with permission and are easily located, documented and contacted through the many types of networks, systems and etc in most places like Earth or K-World.

So if you're in Karakura, no matter your race, and you're destroying the town... Expect some form of the Yuudeshi or others popping their heads in and putting an end to that.

Abbot
Abbot
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 12, 2014 9:38 am
Thanks, JJ. You explained it extremely well.
CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 13, 2014 7:30 pm
Resolved.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum