Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
They Call me the Catman Left_bar_bleue20650/20000They Call me the Catman Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

They Call me the Catman Empty They Call me the Catman

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:50 pm
The King of Cats

"Hmm…"

A voice let out, its owner's arms raising up in the air as his mouth opened, taking a very large yawn as his body stretched, his eyes widening as out of his hands emerged claws, his entire body changing as his pink hair began to fade away, changing to black. His stature became decreased, growing smaller and smaller as the shirt that he was wearing faded away, his pants becoming shorts as his the changes happening to him continued to progress.

The final change was in his eyes as they shifted from becoming wide and brown to slits, black in color. Slowly rising from the peculiar nest made out of furs in the tree, the male's eyes shifted from side to side. What's going on today… shall we find out? The Werebeast wondered, as Madeo Lucas, the Silver Werecat King, leaped down from the tree.

Walking along with all fours throughout the streets of Karakura, the small boy moved his head from side to side, inspecting everything as he walked. People noticed him, but simply let him continue moving without stopping him. I love days like these, lazy days~ His mind thought, drifting slightly as he simply allowed for his fur to emerge, coating his body as his hands turned into paws, ears rising out of his head as his tail bushed out, the anthropomorphic simply gliding along through the city streets…

He arrived at the Housing District with little trouble. Ever since he had arrived in this city, the Werecat King had found that things were generally at peace. Occasionally he would pick up the intense feelings of hatred and dislike were found, but on the whole the people were appreciative of where they lived. That made the Werecat King happy. Speaking of emotions of distrust and confusion…

The male's head slowly shifted, spotting a narrow alleyway nearby. Debris and junk scattered along it, but at the end of it was green space. There was also… a conflicted presence. Hmm… now what could that be…? The cat wondered as he slowly smiled, his body dashing forwards down the alleyway as he crouched, seeing the small park that it lead to. Lifting his body up, he jumped onto the stone barricade that closed the park off from the rest of the city, his haunches slowly lowering as he sat down.

His gaze slowly shifted, taking his surroundings in. At last, he found the source of the discord he had been feeling. In this corner of the park there was a single man, a peculiar wooden stick in his hands. Madeo watched as the man awkwardly struck out, impacting the tree, not hard enough to damage it, but enough that the shock was obviously coming back to his body.

"RAAAAAAARUUUUUUGH!"

Slowly drawing back his throat, Madeo smiled happily as his tail curled around his body, looking directly at the man as every other living thing near the park felt its hair standing on edge, before running away very, very fast. Having released his Roar of the Werecat King, Madeo now simply looked at Takeshi with a smile, playing absolutely innocent as he hopped off his perch, his fur slowly receding again as he finally came to a stop before the male, looking up at him.

"Hmmnyah, what are you up to, sir?"

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Anonymous

They Call me the Catman Empty Re: They Call me the Catman

Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:14 pm
They Call me the Catman Tol0JGb

Today was a slightly not normal day to start with.

Firstly, he had gone to somewhere else then his usual hangout after work - a habit he'd been sporting for nearly four years now, broken. It was probably a shock, but otherwise he knew he had to do it. Of course, luckily for him, that the prescence of superpowered beings made such things as carrying a weapon around pretty much commonplace and no longer illegal. He had seen some of the old laws from way back in the day, and was glad that was changed. Namely because of the non-descript pair of wooden swords he kept on his person - luckily for him, he had found something to wrap them in like sheaths, so it wasn't that visible.

He did get like two inquiries about it already however.

Takeshi just shrugged and told them he was going to practice. They seemed to become a lot happier, and told him things like 'about time' or some such. Was he really that unprotected before? He couldn't help but wonder, but then it just slid away. Naw, that was too bothersome to care about, so he was back at what he was doing - breaking his four year ritual to try a couple of swings. Of course, he didn't want anyone to see him, so digging deep into one of the park's layout was the only option. So that's what he ended up doing, and found himself a nice little place, far out of the public eye, but still good enough for him to move around and what not.

So now he just had to start swinging.

He did - and it was soft at first. But he started to pick up strength, trying to judge the construct. What was more, is that the other sword was holding down the ribbons and material that he had used - it was slightly windy at times. And then, as he made a particularly hard swing, something happened he didn't expect. A sudden yell like sound - more like an angry shout, or perhaps even a growling scream - rang out. ''Wow, with my luck the tree is alive and is about to try and eat me for hitting it.'' he said. Of course, his voice was deadpan about it too.

Then something caught his attention - or rather someone.

When the creature - cat boy? Whatever it was, it was near him now - spoke to him, the male tilted his head. ''Erm... training?'' he said, knowing that a questioning hint was in his tone. Well he was used to things always go so fantastically wrong, but it seemed lately it was starting to try and one up itself every time. Or just get progressively worse the more he acknowledged it. Like someone was challenged to make his life even more a living hell. Well, whatever it was, he wasn't going to give into it, as he tried to keep a relax posture for the most part. Although, he knew that his squinting would probably get on people's nerves - it did on his pretty often anyways.

Oh right, he should pay attention, shouldn't he?

JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
They Call me the Catman Left_bar_bleue20650/20000They Call me the Catman Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:59 pm
The King of Cats

"Nyah, training?"

The peculiar cat boy asked, his body jumping off of the stone as he slowly walked over to Takeshi. Without pause, his body slowly began to shift, his height returning as his hair slowly turned to black, flowing down his back, muscles growing in his arms as his pants slowly grew up his torso, running along his arms as they shifted to silver, creating arm guards along with a cuirass. Around his hair formed a silver braid, creating a ponytail for his now vibrantly wild hair, all of which could not be contained.

"How are you supposed to train without a proper target?" The male enquired of Takeshi, his hands slowly gripping around a spear that had formed in his grasp. Rotating its length around his body, he began to spin it with one hand, before sticking its pommel onto the ground. The cat ears that had been purple were now black, as was the tail that was behind his form. "You are not really comfortable with the way you're currently doing it, are you?" He inquired, giving Takeshi a bit of a knowing smile. "After all, it does not seem to me that someone unused to holding a weapon would be… so tell me, how did you come to possess that sword?" Madeo asked him, before slowly reaching out his right hand.

"I am Madeo Lucas. I am a Werebeast. A cat, to be exact. I do not believe you have any reason to fear me." He explained calmly to Takeshi, his tail batting back and forth a bit behind his legs, before tilting his head. After listening to Takesih's story, he would look the man directly in the eyes, placing his weapon onto the ground. "For whatever else, I am still a human being. If you would like to train, then you can do so with me. I have been fighting with these arms and legs for thousands of years now… though in modern times they have become a bit rusty. So, novice, would you care to help me awaken them?" Madeo finally asked, making his proposal as he waited for the man's answer. He did not know whether the response would be favorable or… unfavorable. He could only trust in that discomfort he had seen, that awkward discomfort that reminded him so of Enui...

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Anonymous

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:05 am

You know, he shouldn't be surprised.

''Erm...'' he started, and then stopped. His squinted eyes stared at the shifting creature. The whole suddenly change around thing was freaking him out a bit, admitedly. He didn't even get the chance to explain what kind of training, before the male's transformation was complete, along with a seemingly talking and personality change - was that a spear!? - to boot. The male shifted uncomfortably, before shrugging at the question. Actually, this would be his first time in a very long time to touch a blade. So yeah, he was not only rusty, but uncomfortable too. The male debated on just turning heel and walking off, but the morphing cat boy wonder - he had to relax somehow you know - instead, seemed to keep going.

''Erm.. I guess.'' he said, before taking his hand. ''I'm Kimura Takeshi. Nothing special, a normal guy. Picked up a demon baby, he turned my arm into a flaming, drilling hollow beater. Met the dad, who looked... well I can't describe it honestly. He tinkered in my mind I think - after staring at me with weird eyes for a bit. Got a huge headache that night for it. And he gave me both swords,'' he said, jerking his thumb towards the still wrapped one ''for some reason. I guess for helping his kid.'' he finished, shrugging. Honestly, Takeshi was considering just disassociating himself with the expectancy of normalacy. He was pretty sure it left him by now.

Man, he should have gotten a divorce, rather then being abandonned.

Although, the clarification - was the werebeast just like a legit werewolf? But as a cat? Because that was new - was welcome, Takeshi was a bit more surprised. ''Spar? Me? Last time I held a sword was in gym class - and that's long gone. Well... just don't kill me I guess, I'm not made of super stuff. I'm just a regular guy.'' he said. For a single moment, he attempted to flash a smile, but it looked more like an awkward grimace. Well good job Takeshi, couldn't even be nicely social without it turning weird. Honestly, he was just going with the flow, pretty much giving himself up for now.

Well, his instinct screaming DANGER DANGER seemed to help too.

The male scratched his head, before shifting his weight awkwardly again. ''So um... how does this work?'' he asked, because honestly, he had no idea. The closest he'd been to a fight in years - without running the other way and eluding said combatants - had been.. what when he was fourteen? That was over twelve years ago. Yikes. That was a problem he didn't want to really face just yet. But he tried really hard to remember just how to hold a sword, and tried to adjust his grip. Only for it to slip out of his hands, and land on his foot, as he scrambled to get it back.

Man, if he was the type to show embarrassment, it would be so clear right now, he was sure of it.

JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:53 am
The King of Cats

Madeo smiled softly at the man's discomfort. It was fairly obvious from his physical signs that if he had another choice, he would not be doing what he was now. They say that curiosity killed the cat, but, well, Madeo was walking proof to the contrary. "Good to hear, Takeshi. Can I call you Keshi for short?" Madeo inquired, a smile dancing on his lips as he asked, before raising an eyebrow. "Hollows are nasty. Good on you and said baby." Madeo told him, before laughing gently afterwards. Though, it was strange; his laugh didn't… feel like it really used his voice box. It was more like a rumbling noise that echoed from his throat.

"He must have liked you then!" Madeo said, finally calming down as he gently wiped underneath his eye, taking a deep breath. "Well, you obviously need to change that, for some reason or another." Madeo told him, his facial expression changing as his smile became more knowing, his eyes not opening all the way, almost… like a cat who had found the cream. "I can show you how to survive, even against those who are made of the impossible. But.." Madeo told him, before the smile ran away from his expression, his eyes staring directly into Takeshi's.

"If your heart doesn't want this, and if it stays conflicted, then it doesn't matter what I teach you. You will suffer and you will die." Madeo told him firmly, before relaxing once again, his smile returning as he showed Takeshi what he was talking about. "It works by keeping a calm spirit, just like this." Madeo instructed him, before slowly widening his eyes, swinging his spear around as he brought the blunt end forwards, rapping it quickly against Takeshi's shoulder. That is, unless it was blocked, which was unlikely as the man dropped his sword, Madeo stopping his attack to prevent it from coming down on the back of Takeshi's neck.

"Now that, would have knocked you out cold." He said firmly, nodding his head as he backed up a step, waiting for Takeshi to get back his weapon. Madeo was patient, and knew exactly what it was that he wanted. He hoped that he could show this man the value of those two emotions. "Reading your opponent's emotions is key to fighting. If you can, you will live a long and productive life, getting stronger and stronger. If you can't, then you will lose that life before it has a chance to go anywhere." Madeo told him, before slowly drawing his weapon back, holding it with both hands as he pointed it directly at Takeshi's chest.

"Now, where do you think that I will attack with this spear? Assume that I have come to kill you and that you have stopped my first attack, leaving me to step back like this and assume this stance. What do you think I will do, and how will you react? Second… will you react to my attack that you believe I will do… or will you plan for more than that?"

- Buddha
Anonymous

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:04 pm

So now he gained a nickname.

Great. Normal people would call him Take. But Keshi? That was different. Strange. If anything, Takeshi was starting to feel more awkward - he didn't feel comfortable about this. It was way out of his zone, and it was not only that but it was... strange. What the heck, he was fine living his life alone, and now a whole bunch of people, almost all the time, ended up meeting up or talking to him, or what not. It was something difficult for him, as he was so used to fading in the background and not being acknowledged. Yet, all these differences in the last week and a half was giving him a headache. If anything, he'd get whiplash off it to be honest.

Sometimes he wondered what did he do.

The other male seemed to catch a lot more then Takeshi wanted him to, and slowly the male was realizing that his awkwardness was making his isolationist face drop. He should fix that problem. Of course, the cat-man-thing's offer of training was something that most would like, he was sure. But Takeshi wasn't a person that sought things like power. Despite the fact that he had to find power in order to keep himself both sane and secure was a problem on itself. And in a few moments, and a few words too, the cat-thing showed him that indeed, he was probably going to die. Because he didn't want to seek this power, and only sought it out of necessity. He didn't want it.

His normal life was slipping away at each moment, and he could no longer protect it as he had.

His shoulder smarted from the hit, and the adrenaline hit him. Generally he picked flight - but today that wasn't a choice was it? Digging his memory for his lessons, the male switched his grip on his sword, and gripped firmly. Breathe, he told himself, just breathe. He had to relax, and let himself hit that stride - his kendo skills were not amazing, but most certainly he had some, along with most of the other aspects of his gym class. That's why he had such physical jobs, to stay in shape and he had the talents to make it work. - the stride that he used to have.

Breathe. Hear.

Feel.

Think.

Takeshi let out a soft breath. The instructions were clear, and Takeshi was not stupid. Anyone that had an idea of fighting would have gone in when they repelled the attack, seeing an opening. But he didn't have the skills for that - he would barely have the skills to be defensive. The spear had longer range - he could see that - and the cat man was stronger then him for sure, but yet was holding back. Takeshi's face became impassive, like it often was when he dealt with things. But his eyes were focused, despite being squinty. Something throbbed at the back of his mind, and his eyes throbbed in beat to it. He ignored it.

Another breath, and he waited for the attack, knowing he had just one chance.

JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:33 pm
The King of Cats

"...Keshi-san, where are you looking?" Madeo's voice asked him unexpectedly, likely breaking through his thoughts as Takeshi tried to calm himself down. "...Miserable people live in the past. Anxious people live in the future. Only the calm of heart live in the present." Madeo hoped that his words would reach the young man, even as he prepared his battle stance.

"Regret, longing, unwillingness. Those will only get in your way." Madeo continued, his eyes slowly closing as they opened again, his slit pupil staring directly into Takeshi's eyes. Slowly, they began to dilate, as the cat man prepared himself. "If this is something that you need, then take it. Otherwise, someone else will have to look after you. In either case, you will have this new burden. Will you accept it, or will you forsake it?" Madeo asked him, before finally dashing in to strike.

His spear moved quickly, the flat end striking towards Takehi's heart. IF he did not block, he would feel the wood smash into his torso, knocking him off balance and back a few feet, but nothing more damaging than an intense bruise. "STRIKE MY LEG!" Madeo roared, his right arm reaching out as he grabbed onto Takeshi's arm after the attack, bending the man's wrist and giving it a tug, exerting a great amount of force as the blade smashed into Madeo's leg…

And in that moment, Takeshi's gaze would be filled with red. Red spilling and pouring out onto the ground as its owner slowly stumbled back, his arms reaching out around him as one leg was held up high, his tail having gone rigid as he leaned back, looking up at the sky with a pained expression, before leaning back in and looking at Takeshi. His eyes were still wide open from the pain, but it brought him greater focus. His leg had been slashed open, that was true. However, the cut was not deep, merely wide, thus why he had been spilling so much blood.

"Ha… there it is, Keshi-san… That is what you are reaching for… to block… and counter attack… To draw blood… To stop… someone else from hurting you… you have to hurt them." With those words, Madeo would slowly put his leg down again, his teeth clenching as he placed it firmly downwards, leaning forwards…

As with amazing flexibility his spine bent completely around, letting his torso reach down to his leg as his mouth opened, and his tongue peaked out. Laying the tongue around the bottom of the wound, Madeo brought his head upwards, sliding it along the length of the injury… as it began to seal behind him. "There it is.. See… no worries…" Madeo told him, before assuming a fighting stance once more, not putting much pressure on his left leg as he stared into Takeshi's eyes once more.

"..Again!"

And with that word, Madeo's body would shoot out once again, this time striking at Takeshi's left hip. If he did not manage to move his arms after his block or failure to block, Madeo would grab onto his arm again, before forcing him to slash into his waist.

This was Madeo's way of getting Takeshi to come out of his shell. Even if he did not like the idea of hurting others or getting into fights… he had to at least be exposed to them...

- Buddha
Anonymous

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 am

@jj

Words were just that.

Words.

Takeshi was looking at the man's body, aiming mostly to understand his pattern. Sure in a real fight, he'd have to do it much faster, but right now he was appreciating the reprieve of fast logical thought. His life was a train of snap decisions, always acting on received information rather immediately. And the words could always be looked at later. Right now, the brown haired male was waiting, and then it came and went before he could react. Sure he was good at reacting, but sometimes he just couldn't get it down pat, like right now - the strike came towards him, and he had to think on how to block it. It didn't come instinctively, so he had barely moved when it was over.

And that wasn't good enough. The force of the blow had him tumbling back, but he caught his footing, feeling the throbbing starting to form into a huge headache. The sudden roar would have had the male flinch, but as it was, his face was resembling stone. The cat man took his arm and forcefully moved Takeshi's arm, the male not even showing a flicker of emotion even as the cat man forced the wooden item to strike at him. And then suddenly, blood spilled from the wound - and anyone watching Takeshi would notice how he became rigid. Part of him wondered how a wooden sword just ended up cutting someone, but the male pushed it out of his mind watching.

That cat flexibility though, did make him raise an eyebrow.

And then it was again. Takeshi could feel his emotions wanting to break free. He could see what the cat man wanted him to realize - wow did he just lick that wound literally clean and shut? And what the heck was with the masochistic approach? - but that's not what was holding Takeshi back. It just proved to the male that this man was working off assumptions, as he gripped his blade, and let out a solid breath. It didn't have to be flawless, it just had to work, as the cat man seemed ready to resume his assault. And would probably keep doing it until he showed some form of progress.

And with a sudden flick, the blade slipped. Jerking the lance up, it was out of hit range, and if he had the skill, he could counter attack. But instead, Takeshi pushed the spear away completely. Something inside of him was like steel. It wouldn't move or bend, and to be honest, the human knew that if he let it go too far, it would be dangerous. The pounding headache was now starting to really hurt, but again he pushed it back. It didn't matter how much it hurt, he had to work through it, the male setting his jaw as he stared wordlessly at Madeo. If anything, Takeshi feared that he would become involved if he kept trying to move forward like this. He hated that train of thought, but he also knew that he had no choice, not anymore.

No matter what he tried to tell himself.

JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:45 am
The King of Cats

The boy wasn't saying a single word. ...I hope that this isn't.. Too rough for him. Madeo thought to himself, beholding the damage that had been done to himself as he saw the negative emotions in the boy's eyes, again and again as Madeo continued the assault that was essentially against himself.

Preparing his next attack, Madeo looked directly into his eyes, before releasing it as his eyes widened, feeling his attack moved out of the way. "Great!" He called out, before feeling the movement just… stop. "….Well, that's the first part." He said nonchalantly… though he felt a kind of awkwardness in the air. It seemed that part of what Madeo had been saying was getting through to Takeshi, but the whole of it was not. Madeo supposed that he could understand that. He remembered back in his own lifetime, back in Ancient Egypt. Well, the memories were rather faded due to having happened thousands of years ago, but they were still there.

"...How about we take a break?" Madeo proposed, slowly lowering his weapon before dropping it, the steel vanishing as he smiled at Takeshi. "Sorry… I know it probably feels like I'm rushing. But.. Well, you can either block like you did right there and not take advantage of my weakness… or you can pursue that advantage. ...While those two, as well as the path of simply taking the blow, are all options… I have to wonder whether or not you feel like you are forcing yourself." Madeo said, noting the irony in how he was forcing Takeshi to draw his blood earlier compared with forcing himself.

He stood there for a moment, before looking around. His eyes slowly narrowed as his form changed once again, fur slowly growing out of every pore on his body as his face slowly shifted and changed, becoming anthropomorphic in nature. Leaning down, he looked over at Takeshi. "I'll be right back." With those words, he vanished, with incredible speed, the grass itself slowly unfurling from where he had crouched. If Takeshi's eyes had gotten any better from the adrenaline that was pumping through his body, he could possibly make out Madeo's leaping form as it raced away…

Where it then stopped in front of a general store, a breeze passing gently down the mostly deserted street. Not long after that, the man reappeared, standing in front of Takeshi with a bag full of fruits and chips. "How convenient the modern day is. " He said with a chuckle, thinking about the money he had left behind at the counter. It was far more than what the items in the bag were worth… but it was entirely coins.

"Here." He spoke, slowly drawing a pear out of the bag and handing it to Takeshi, before pulling out a can of sardines himself, sitting back against the tree that Takeshi had been practicing with earlier. "Come over here, I have a question." Madeo informed his student, gently patting the grass next to him as he opened the can, pulling out one of the fish before opening his mouth and consuming it. "Nothing in the world like fresh fish…" Madeo spoke with a smile, before looking down at the creatures while speaking.

"...You know, they didn't have a choice either. They simply swam and swam, living out their daily lives, never thinking about the predators around them. Finally… something far more powerful than they are came to take them away. They became processed, laying with the other sardines, their corpses moved about." Madeo's description became slightly grotesque, before he closed his eyes slightly and shrugged, picking up another one before consuming it.

"Kill or be killed… While it isn't always that way, it is more like… 'win or lose'. What bothers you most?" He asked, having decided to take a load off with the young man for a while, in order to find out how to best help him...

- Buddha
Anonymous

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:57 am

@jj

When you came out feeling like you rammed face first into a wall, your head aching, something was wrong. The catman seemed to calm down, and called for a break. It took a few moments for Takeshi to realize it, as his arm dropped like a wet noddle, the blade slipping out of his grasp. He hid his trembling well, most eyes would see it, but he wasn't sure if the not so quite human person would catch it anyways. Well, at least he got a change to relax, and maybe push away whatever that was. Surely Takeshi had enough brains to understand something was really wrong with him, but what, he couldn't say. It probably had to do with how his eyes were closed permanently, and how he could still see as if they were wide open even though they were closed.

A large, explosive sigh exited him. Was it worth to keep his distance at this point? Takeshi was a prideful man in his own way. He hated stepping out of line, he hated asking for help. He never had a reliable source of authority as a child, and he knew it. Help was not something he sought for himself, but gave to poor innocent damsels. In fact, that grizzled old cop was probably the only one that Takeshi could confidently say was an elder figure in his life. The male half-listened to the cat man, and when he left, the male took another sigh. Man, could he even be honest with himself about the whole thing? He probably would have to. It was the only way he could see now.

So when the cat-man reappeared, Takeshi took the pear and sat down with him. ''I'm lucky this isn't an apple, or I'd look more like an asshole.'' he said somewhat lightly, to prepare himself. Shaking his head at the cat-man, the male laughed softly. ''Look, what I'm about to tell you, you absolutely can't repeat.'' he said, his voice serious. ''Just keep an open mind until the end.'' he added, before he leaned back against the three. Taking another breath, and then counting to three, he began speaking.

''Everyone I ever get close to dies. Either an accident, an attack, or they just vanish and their bodies are found months later. Whatever it is, people just die around me if I get to close. I have a faint memory, as a child, that there was a pretty place. It felt nice and clear, and then I saw a girl. And then everything turned black and horrid, and a soft voice told me that it would be alright. Then, I woke up to my parent's bodies draped over me. I still remember the sharp smell of their blood, and do you know what I thought? I thought it was such a waste.'' he said, pausing. A dry laugh escaped from him, the male playing with the pear in his hands.

''It was then that I noticed I could see, but nobody could see my eyes as my eyelids are always closed. They seem to get a vague impression of my eyes, but it's been odd. I seem to be the only one to notice that my eyelids are permanently shut and I can't open them. But, that's just part of it. As my parents died, I got examined by scientists. Poked and prodded over years, them trying to figure out if I had a powers. I didn't. Not even power-sensing or energy-censors could see something odd - nor did they see my eyes sealed either. So I wonder - is that just me?'' he said, pausing yet again. Slowly, he took a bite of the pear, letting his words sink in.

''Since then on, I was normal. Just one of the masses in the crowds. Shinigami? Arrancar? Hollows? Demons? Special Powers? Not my concern. Not my realm of influence. I'm just a normal, typical japanese guy. Went to high school, did some kendo, graduated, started working three to four jobs constantly to make ends meet, and didn't go to college. I have no friends, because if I get close to someone they die. And yet... I can see how crazy this world is. These giants that move around, up heaving nations and just literally the power shocks they leave behind.'' he said, sighing.

''And yet I'm separate. Doesn't matter to me right? I've always thought that. I've fought hard to keep my normal, boring life. Because I knew if it stopped, if my life changed and I got sucked into everything like a manga protagonist, that I would change. That I would find the secrets kept from me, the secrets I was fine with not knowing, and then I would have to face the fact that I'm one of them. That I wouldn't be a normal person anymore. And that's frightening.'' he said. Another bite of the pear as he thought.

''So I always told myself it didn't matter. I didn't pick up the right skills to survive entry into such a world. And I was fine, until one day I met a demon baby and he literally fused with my arm. Since then, it's been getting worse. A girl breaking down my door because she thought I was killing myself. My stalker neighbor busting through my wall and trying to blackmail me with a shotgun that broke my wall. Demons, spirits, and other things that just crop up, and now the one time I decided maybe I should figure out how to kendo again, I get a transformer catman that tries to tell me how I should feel. Sounds ridiculous right?'' he said, laughing a bit.

''So now I can't run anymore. I can't hide. I have to do what I've always been afraid to. I have to train, learn how to fight before I get dropped in something that would kill me without a second thought. I'll need to pull through all the things that have been hidden from me, understand all the mysteries to myself on the quest to become strong enough to not die. I can't be the clown, and I can't be the loner. So what am I left with?'' he said, sighing again. His headache, although much receded, started to throb again.

''Urg, and maybe I can find out how to get rid of these goddamn headaches.'' he added. Biting into the pear, he was done speaking, as he let out another sigh. Pouring himself out like that, he couldn't tell. He knew what had to be done. He just didn't want to do it. He didn't want to sacrifice his safe place to go intermix with things that had never concerned him before. And he told all of this to a catman, one that was just trying to teach him how to work a sword of sorts.

Man, luckily he never went into psychiatry like he wanted to, or he'd have to label himself crazy for sure.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum