Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
taisuki
taisuki
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty Re: Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha]

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:16 pm

"I don't see Ichigo as much as I'd like to," she pondered aloud, her tone subdued, trailing off for a moment before she collected her thoughts, and spoke once more, "All I have aside from him, is well.. Byakuya, the Division, and an acquaintance in Mirja Eeola, for I hardly see Renji anymore," she concluded.

"As for why I'm here; don't play the fool, Yaksha. You damn well know why I'm here," Rukia interjected — her upper lip curling away from her perfectly white teeth in a sign of warning.

Had he forgotten so soon that she was here because of their agreement? Perhaps, Rukia ought to remind him. In a moment's notice, the icy woman raised one of the hands that was placed in her lap; blue fire licking at her fingertips, as she conjured an image — the image of his severed hand was brought before Yaksha. It was sitting on the table of the kitchenette in the room where Rukia was currently spending her nights in the World of The Living. As quickly as the image had appeared, it was consumed once more in the blue flames from whence it came.

Her gaze flickered to his own almost immediately as her hand resumed its position upon her lap.

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty Re: Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha]

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 pm

Yaksha, The Anthropophagus

For the first time, surprise registered on Yaksha's features, though only for a moment. His eyes widened, his brow furrowed, and he leaned forward just a bit more, pursing his lips. It had come and gone in a flash, to be replaced with concern and...just a touch of disappointment.

"Rukia, that is a debt owed to you. A limb, freely given, on my honor. There is no corresponding obligation. You no more need to show up here in person than a hospital need personally knock on my door to tender the bill for services rendered. That hand has no impact on today's conversation. For myself, at least. It will remain in your possession until you see fit to return it. That's a fact. My feelings on the matter change nothing, so I choose to feel...well, nothing. So why don't you tell me what exactly that hand is supposed to mean to you? You bring it up as if it's entirely obvious why it would bring you here. Do you wish to use it as a bargaining chip, in yet another game? I would happily oblige you. But I wouldn't accept it back were I to just beat you in another game of luck, or whimsy. This must be a genuine sacrifice."

He rose from the chair slowly, and as he did the ice sculpture did as well, moving with subdued, almost timid motions. It looked almost like some manner of whipped pup, sitting in the shadow of a master it knew would strike it without warning, and followed out of love and duty all the same. He towered over her, but his expression was calm, patient, and loving. There was a deep, warm, almost curious sort of kindness in his expression as he reached out, touching his remaining hand against her cheek.

"Mirja Eola is known well to me. She's hardly good company in my experience. Drifting so far away from Renji...don't you think that's betraying your time in the Rukongai? That is where you met him, no? And I'm sure he's the only part of that part of your life you wanted to keep close to you. Was it really that horrible, living that life? There was hardship, struggle, worries, stresses...but surely there was something from it that you still want to hold onto? Do you really think it's fair to yourself, to pretend that your life before the Kuchikis was just...a dream? Isn't that letting her have her way, Rukia? Forgetting what...and who...led to that chapter of your life. It's not healthy, to ignore such a significant chunk of your life."

He gestured towards the ice doll, and then nodded, just once; a curt, almost absentminded thing.

"Tell me about someone from those days. A missed opportunity. Something you wished you could say, or wished you could take back."

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
taisuki
taisuki
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:44 am

The Kuchiki was rendered speechless by the Hollow's sudden shift in position, and gesture. She didn't know what to make of his hand touching her face — it was almost reassuring. Almost. Her thin, inky eyebrows knitted together in confusion — the obsidian lines drawing together, creasing her forehead, her amethyst gaze reflecting the light of the room, while searching his face for semblance of an answer to why the man was being so... heartfelt.

Rukia's throat felt dry, as if she were stranded in Hueco Mundo, with sand freely flowing into her mouth. Her tongue danced behind her lips, as she battled with the urge to speak, a lump blocking the passage of air in her throat to her vocal cords.

"Renji is preoccupied. I haven't seen him in what feels like ages... But even so, I don't know if he'd care to see me. When I first met Renji, he and our later mutual friends decided upon fastening a street vendor's waraji to the leg of the table he was selling confections at, so they could make off with candy. They failed at first, until I arrived, and defended them from being pursued by the street vendor — shielding them from the pain they would have endured. You could say that we were the lowest of the low," she murmured, averting her eyes in the process; distorting their brilliance into a dense, midnight hue.

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Unforseen Comradeship [Rukia/Yaksha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Yaksha, The Anthropophagus

Once more, there was that sense of horrible, patient, and above all -smug- knowingness. There was something oddly...persistent about that personality over the others, something that seemed to give the impression his baseline status was that of a man who knew just a little more than you, and would never hesitate to drive that point home. And now it showed in the gentle caress of his hand on Rukia's chin as he pushed her head up and towards him. His own smile was insouciant, delighted, as he leaned forward, whispering in her ear.

"You can't hide anything from me, Rukia. This is Vegas, baby. With a pokerface like yours, you're asking to be robbed blind. I saw the smirk on your face, the one that flickered there for the faintest fraction of a second. I sensed the wistfulness in your town. Wicked you may have been, but you were good at it. And you lived for yourself, and your comrades. You didn't have to represent the Kuchiki family, or anything else. You were your own woman."

He took a step away, his smugness all but radiating off of him, the same sense of delight and excitement that he had exuded in their first meeting. It was an almost palpable aura, something that hung around him and seemed to suffuse everything he touched, everyone he looked at. It was a look that said 'We're all in on the joke, aren't we, and that's what makes it even funnier, so laugh even if everyone else doesn't get it', a look that lanced through you and suddenly made you feel like you were...part of something. The way a leaf being swept along a river was part of the current. It gave the sense, very intimately, of having been weighed, judged, marked, and stored away for consultation.

"Could it be you've been keeping your distance from Renji so you could cut that chapter of your life from you? Could it be that you think Strawberry wouldn't like such a...fierce girl? He does seem to have quite the fixation on damsels in distress, and were he to know what a fighter you really are Rukia...were he to speak with Renji and find out that you were once a baaaaaaaaad girl...he'd want nothing to do with you?"

He leaned forward, hands folding over his chest, tongue sliding out to moisten his lips, as he spoke with the air of a magician revealing a great trick. Each word slotting into place slowly, with the dreadful finality of a puzzle being formed, piece by piece.

"Or do you fear that your sister would think less of you, from her lofty place in the...hereafter? That she would suddenly regret pulling you up from the muck, if she ever saw you start dirtying your hands again? It's not that irrational, you know. Even shinigami only have the assurances of their peers and superiors as to whether or not they persist after death. If there's one afterlife, why not two? And who's to say Hisana isn't waiting for you, even now...? Who's to say all of this isn't some...test, Rukia? To prove you worthy of succeeding her?"

He chuckled, ever so slightly, brows raising. It was such a small, self-satisfied chuckle, something deep and throaty...it almost sounded like a very polite noble, clearing their throat. And it seemed to cement, somewhere deep down, the certainty that Yaksha had somehow seen through one of the Seireitei's best actresses.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum