Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Wild Alaska Empty Wild Alaska

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:30 am
[PLAY POSTING MUSIC]

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 1901

It wasn't exactly in his plans to be this disgruntled normally. But Boros Guard or not he had a job of more importance. He had to carve a path for his people. Emperor once, Emperor always was his motto. Bankai Medallions were outdated technology that wasn't of use to them now. They weren't fighting the Soul Society after all. It was about time he took this chance and left the Karakura area completely. A journey was in order to find a method to make something new. He was quite familiar with the Bankai Medallions his people used to steal them. Having one of his own he customized and changed. It did help, in the long run, to study and be aware. He trudged through the snow-covered wilderness not caring about his spiritual pressure. If they noticed him and where he was it didn't matter. He didn't really care that much about the situation going on. Karakura was safe far as he was concerned. Ghislain didn't devote himself to defending that place. Its defenses were well managed, truthfully he thought his group was a bit pointless.

But humanity was entitled to their pointless little things. So were heroes and groups in general. That was the difference he guessed in some things. But it didn't matter because what he sought wasn't there in Karakura. They couldn't help him find the answers he sought. The Quincy needed something past those medallions. Ghislain did have one advantage others didn't. He could tap the knowledge of Yhwach and Hulderic. He had a virtual library in his brain from two ancient beings as well. This allowed for him to remember and find things or at least some things. He walked towards a mountain finding his way rather casually. Ghislain didn't startle wildlife or do anything that really tore away. It wasn't like he knew where he was going exactly. He was drawn to it almost like he was following a line. Almost in a trance as his determination was settled on it. This wasn't going to be easy, the only thing he knew of was Regalia. They were a technology of themselves that required testing.

Quincy technology was different from the regular kind. Even the Shinigami's technology was vastly different on a spiritual level. Ghislain was the only expert on their technology left around. But being an expert on something missing and largely dead. Well that was the problem, wasn't it? He stepped through the snow, not feeling the cold chill of the Alaskan winter. It was a beautiful thing, in truth it reminded him of home. He'd grown up in German and found his childhood often involved cold weather. So the question was, what did Ghislain seek out in the wilderness far from man. Was it a piece of equipment to combat the demonic forces? No that wasn't it, he was learning something else. How to make something special for his people. In terms of technology, they needed this badly but it required research. First a study of the Bankai Medallions and what made them tick. Secondly and most importantly was the replacement. Ghislain had an idea, but it would require something powerful to equal out to a Bankai.

Could he do it himself and make something to push past the boundaries. Sofia made him hopeful for a future of their people. She did glimmer as Yhwach once did before his fall. There was a potential untapped there, so it was his job to do one thing. To make sure she had the best equipment possible. The Anomaly could only do so much for her at this point, it felt familiar the feeling in his heart. Sort of a strange feeling he got around his wife Elizabeth. She was someone special who just had that same pull that Sofia did. It was a strange thing to see, this was going to be the route things went. He was helping the Vandenreich to build something. But his power alone wouldn't be enough to create something equal to a Bankai would it? That was the main question that needed an answer. Technology didn't work how people thought it did. Often times for Quincy especially it was a different animal. He'd likely approach Nif once he had the information he required.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Kai Lam
Kai Lam
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wild Alaska Left_bar_bleue34500/99999Wild Alaska Empty_bar_bleue  (34500/99999)
Tiers:

Wild Alaska Empty Re: Wild Alaska

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:43 pm
Wild Alaska 6EdIfMt

ENTER KAI LAM'S POST

With the announcement of the Vanguard's Regent Commander stepping down from his official duties and essentially just staying on as a figurehead, the inner workings of the organization had been closely monitored by its Northwestern Warden. While others might think it a good time to solidify their own power and potentially try snatching the reigns of leadership, Kai was entirely focused on ensuring the continued stability and health of the organization. For that reason he'd begun taking up more difficult missions and communicating with his fellow Vanguard members more. One of the main individuals he wished to grow bonds with was a more recent recruit, Ghislain Eberhart. As First Sword of the Boros Guard, his responsibilities focused on protecting Karakura and Japan. However, Kai knew neither was lacking in protectors. It was obvious, especially for someone with a history of command, Ghislain likely wouldn't be satisfied with his limited and uninteresting role.

For this reason Kai sought him out. However, it seemed Kai managed to just barely miss the Quincy. Ghislain had already left on some adventure, determined to reach the end no matter what. Fortunately Kai was just as determined to achieve what he'd set out to do. Finding out the general location his target had left for wasn't too difficult as practically everything in the world was video taped or had a paper trail of some kind. This was made even easier by the fact Ghislain had done nothing to conceal his movements or presence whatsoever. So with the newfound information of the Quincy heading for Alaska, Kai set forth on his journey.

Soon after departing Kai found himself in the tundra wilderness of America's lost state. At some point the Yayjuu had taken over as the region's authority, separating it from the rest of its old Union's states. This bit of history was important to Kai's adventure because the United States was occupied by Shadowfall, an organization which would be significantly less welcoming to a Vanguard Warden such as himself. Residual evidence of Ghislain's Reiatsu made the next stage of Kai's tracking only a bit more difficult than the beginning. Through kilometers of both forests and plains green and white alike, Kai continued his trek unburdened of worries. Worst case scenario he'd head home and wait for Ghislain to resurface, so he wasn't too troubled by the hours spent hiking and marching.

The sounds of bubbling brooks and crunching of leaves beneath his feet were rapidly replaced by the eerie silence inherent to Alaska's colder northern territory. The temperature change meant nothing to Kai, his bloodline's Jade Flame raging within his body. Following Ghislain's trail caused him to change direction once again, this time turning him southeast. The Quincy's spiritual pressure was strong here, and with his eyes laid on the same mountain as Ghislain's Kai quickened his pace. Even from this distance he could sense his target's general position, near the base of the mountain. Sprinting forward with renewed vigor and purpose, Kai aimed to cut the gap between the two as swiftly as possible. After another hour or so he was finally caught up to Vanguard's Boros Guard leader. Though the trip would have been next to impossible for any regular man, Kai stood strongly and confidently against the wind and cold which permanently covered this remote Alaskan region. Wanting to get the man's attention Kai sucked air into his lungs then expelled it in a yell that he believed would reach Ghislain's ears. "GHISLAIN EBERHART!"

Coding Altered From:
[THEFROST]'s
Anonymous

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am
[PLAY POSTING MUSIC]

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Ghislain was a hunter by nature and a man who grew up in these situations. He knelt down checking tracks when he heard a voice echo throughout the wilderness. It wasn't subtle by any means and whatever he was checking had fled. Well, he guessed that dinner was off the table now in terms of food. Ghislain didn't believe in using his powers for everything or relying on them. That held little meaning this late in the game as he turned to look at Kai. It was an interesting venture to see a Warden out here. Ghislain walked to him casually as he watched him with cerulean eyes. Interesting to see the man come this far out considering the situation. Ghislain didn't have much information on Kai of the Wardens. Though he doubted that went both ways, Ghislain didn't really socialize with the Vanguard members. He stayed normally by himself meditating or training. What brought the Quincy to Alaska was a different matter. Having departed Sofia's company and the lady Ulv who reminded him deeply of Mirja.

Finally, he got close to Kai and smiled a bit as he looked around. "Well, nice to see you, Warden. If it's about me leaving my post I am out to prepare a couple things." Ghislain said his gaze shifting to the Mountain. He sensed some of the building blocks needed for the new forge in there. But opening it without damaging the entrance was always fun. It required a delicate control and hand with things like this. Ghislain opened his pocket watch to see both Sofia and Elizabeth looking at him. It wouldn't be long before that girl replaced Elizabeth entirely in his heart. She was a crafty girl really when it came down to what was going on. He couldn't really argue that his heart didn't feel a bit of difference in it. That familiar hunger remained within him. A taste of her lips still remained on his as he closed his eyes. It had been quite a journey up to this way. He enjoyed doing things the old-fashioned way for a reason. Life was too long for people to try and use powers for everything.

That lazy way of thinking lead to Quincy issues in a long run. "Walk with me, need to keep moving while the area isn't filled with animals." Ghislain didn't use a movement skill or do anything like that. He simply began walking forward towards the Mountain. He would listen while Kai spoke and say things only when it was time to do so. This was a place similar to home and it felt nostalgic in the long run. He'd been here before and walked these roads so many times. He could see tracks for deer and other animals that frequented the area. Kai had frightened off anything of danger really in the long run. Bears and other such creatures were off now and hunting. This region did have a couple Polar bears who specialized in this time of year. Their hunting prowess was often spent on Frozen water among other things. Catching fish so where they were should have been fairly clear. He walked to the mountain making it after a moment or two of walking.

The stone was cold and the markings covered in snow. He gently and gingerly moved the snow off of the mountain. Reading each symbol carefully as he gauged what needed to happen. It wasn't simple translation as he spoke now. "When our people were a bit more populated we had temples and hidden enclaves. The Ancient Quincy were an interesting bunch. Spent most of my life studying them and trying to understand things. The beauty of life is you are never done learning." He said as he gently controlled his energy through the symbols making them glow a brilliant blue. As the door's creaked and gently slid open. This way nothing was damaged or harmed as he stood still. Ghislain always enjoyed this moment of opening a new find and smelling that smell. The smell of the long-dormant worlds always has a rather interesting one. It could be called dusty to an extent, but it meant nothing had been here. In who knew how many years as one looked through it. No animals or creatures had been through this one in a while.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Kai Lam
Kai Lam
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:43 am
Accidental extra post

Last edited by Kai Lam on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Kai Lam
Kai Lam
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 am
Wild Alaska 6EdIfMt

ENTER KAI LAM'S POST

When Ghislain turned to walk to meet Kai, the latter started moving again. There was little to fear here out in the wilderness away from civilization. In fact, Kai didn't even bother looking around to assess whether his yell had aroused any hidden troubles or predators. If there were any creatures or enemies capable of drawing his attention, Kai didn't think he would have much trouble dispatching them. For this reason his gaze remained calmly trained on the Quincy walked toward him. This was the first time he'd met Ghislain Eberhart face to face so he certainly wanted to make a good impression. Appearing completely at home in the frozen arctic tundra in just a green suit and brown loafers, Kai definitely stuck out like a sore thumb against the white backdrop of snow stretching to the horizon. Despite this, a great big smile stretched almost from ear to ear on the human's face.

Once Ghislain reached the Warden, he might notice a calming unseasonable warmth radiating from the man. Despite no extra clothing or machinery of any kind, Kai's footprints behind him were entirely devoid of both snow and water. It seemed whatever his power, at the very least it was heat related. When Ghislain guessed at why Kai was there, the Warden spoke up in response in order to clear up any confusion about the situation. "Oh no, not at all. I'm here because because I've been wanting to meet you ever since you joined the Vanguard. I definitely don't expect you to spend every hour of every day in Karakura." Kai ended his statement with a small chuckle at the idea of Ghislain being forced to stay in Karakura. While the Vanguard was a large organization with organized military aspects, members were still given some autonomy and free will to make their own decisions. At least, if it didn't go against the Vanguard's mission statement.

When Ghislain spoke and turned back to the mountain, Kai began walked too. After patting the Quincy's back with his right hand in a gesture of friendliness, Kai spoke again to his fellow Vanguard officer. "Listen, the real reason I'm here is because I wanted to talk to you about the future of the Vanguard. With Desmond Hayden retiring from his official duties, what we need right now is stability and leadership. I know you don't interact much with other commanders or Wardens, but I want you to know we need people like you now more than ever. In fact-" As he spoke Kai pulled a folded document from his jacket's inner pocket and handed it to Ghislain. "- I was hoping you'd accept the position of Unknown. It comes with more freedom and makes it easier for you to live your own life and, in times of war, join the front lines. This would be your new job description and contract. Ok well, with that out of the way. Today I want to spend some time getting to know you and working with you, so I'll follow whatever you decide."

With official business done, Kai continued walking alongside Ghislain. Once they reached the mountain, he listened to Ghislain closely, hanging on to every word with growing interest. Kai watched him open the ancient Quincy door, enamoured by the magic and technology. As they stepped through the doorway, he spoke again except this time more quietly. "It's incredible ruins like this can still exist given all the chaos and war in the world. Here, I've got a light." With his left hand lifted up, a bright green flame appeared above Kai's palm, washing the dusty walls and floor in a verdant glow. The next step of their adventure was just beginning.

Coding Altered From:
[THEFROST]'s
Anonymous

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm
[PLAY POSTING MUSIC]

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Ghislain nodded and listened quietly to what Kai had to say. So it was true the rumors about Hayden leaving the Vanguard. That was a shame, they'd been having troubles with Leaders for a while. Azure and now Hayden, it did seem unlikely they could handle another departure at the moment. His cerulean eyes spied the document. "It's tough times, with Hayden leaving that does give a lot of work for Warden's I imagine." He said acknowledging the journey as he was grateful they didn't expect him to sit there. Karakura was a fortress in more ways than one. It was difficult to picture someone getting there. And not being taken out by all those who gathered to defend the home. His digits gripped the folder, they wanted Ghislain to switch positions from Boros Guard to Unknown. It was certainly a promotion and something he'd need to consider. Especially with his bride to be since she was quite opinionated on it. Ghislain could do two jobs at once without much difficulty. That was a fact he didn't mind visiting in his head now and again.

"I see, I'll think about it...It does sound more interesting than just being a member of the Boros Guard, to be honest with you. "
Ghislain said answering the portion about the Boros Guard. As Kai stated he wanted to come along he didn't mind that much. "By all means, it's nice to show people our culture that remains hidden. He didn't mean anything offensive by it as he stated that sentence and moved towards the ruins. He had something he wanted to see here and gain to help with the prototype they were building. There was a missing piece to the puzzle that Ghislain wanted them to have. Everything did rely on time and effort with training. Ghislain spent much of his time studying archeology to be better at this. "I spent a lot of time studying and such so I could make sure when studying our old culture to be careful. Everything is so fragile and must be treated gently. "

He watched Kai give them illumination as he smiled and looked on. "True, but some things are meant to stay through the test of time. Believe it or not, I was there the day Radioactive blew up a majority of our people. I was only the strategist that day, but I did see everything go up in smoke. Took me a long time to realize, that there were things worth seeing beneath the surface like here." Things were always buried deep beneath the skin and required a moment to truly see the outcome. It wasn't enough to just walk forward and see what lay buried. "For example, my wife died around nine hundred and fifty years ago. So I thought destiny was to sit alone and wait for my time to come. Then I met my new wife, whom I am very happy I met. She pulled from a darkness that you can only imagine. Our people were bitter for so long over what happened. They didn't realize that bitterness consumed them. They forgot about living a true and full life."

As they entered the ruins dust and the smell filled the air. Ancient writings in dialects not spoken in this part of the world. Germanic tribes roamed these parts back in those days. Ghislain read the writing as he smiled a bit. So that was the culture from this area, it would make things easier. He knew a bit more about the world and controlling his energy. Ghislain didn't mind the battles and fights coming along the way. The Unknown though did interest him, they were special units selected by Wardens. That was how their ranking and order was set up, special and different from others. His gaze went to an altar in the center. It was made of several markings, he smiled deciding to point to one of a bird. "This marking here indicates that this was devoted to a certain group of Quincy's training. " Necromancy was one side of the coin. But there was a group who believed firmly in rebirth among other things. They had specialized energy technology they kept from their brothers and sisters.

"Our people were greedy with knowledge of their technology and techniques. We never were truly united on any sense of the word. " He said commenting on it softly before continuing deeper into the ruins. Ghislain had deactivated the traps so none of them would activate at the door. They did exist, but if the sequence was entered correctly. It was an easy task to go in and get what you'd come for.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum