Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Empty Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin]

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Colin Washi

…Not again.

Colin's right foot was pressed up against… steel, this time. This man was sick of doors. Always in his way. Always making him get past them. The last two times, there was nobody home when he kicked them down!

He sighed, his head tilting back as he looked at the ceiling. His leg shifted, a…

Craaaaaoooonk

…noise echoing throughout the office as the man relaxed his posture.

I mean, they used to be Monsuta…

Colin had spent an annoying amount of time hunting this guy down. First, there had been the matter of finding a guy who had been so closely involved with such an antagonistic force as the Monsuta. On the other hand, we did get along with Hakai for a bit…

Craaaaaoooonk...

Colin's leg pushed hard against it, before relaxing his foot again. This guy isn't Jaeden. He isn't some Shinigami punk. And… Colin's eyebrow twitched in annoyance behind his orange glasses…

Craaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooonk...

I owe him one for finding my brother.

The Eagle God sighed, taking his long leg off of the metal door. The entire compound had shaken from that last one. I wonder if they'll think it was an earthquake. He mused to himself, contemplating the situation in front of him.

Colin Washi had once been the commander of the Vizard Corps' Stealth Division. With those skills, he had managed to locate an individual who he believed would quite enjoy the proposal he had in mind. The man needed recruits; and Colin needed someone who could educate living Humans on how they were viewed by the world. Who could possibly bring him more prestige than the guy he was here to see? Whether everyone else can get along with him, though… why do I do this to myself? Colin mused, his right hand extending. A single knuckle pressed against the metal…

Rap-rap-rap-rap-rap-rap-rap-rap-rap.

In less than a second, all the sounds had shot through. He imagined that it would not take long for the people who were supposed to be watching this place to notice such a rapid, chirping sound.

So there he stood, waiting. If the man he was here for was not fast enough, it was perfectly possible that Colin would be tackled to the ground, his body forcibly dragged into a standing position to be taken away.

Before such a thing happened, though.. If the man on the other side of that door opened it, he would see a gloved hand waving at him, a clear voice calling out.

"Woah, hey! I'm Colin Washi! Nathan's brother; I wanna talk with you about your recruitment problems!"

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Empty Re: Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin]

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:16 pm
[PLEASE LISTEN TO THE POSTING MUSIC WHILE READING THIS!]

https://soundcloud.com/wearenoir/hyperforms-endorphin-international-ep

Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] 6EdIfMt

Artist: NOIR - Song: Hyperforms - ENDORPHIN - Word Count: N/A

There wasn't much need for a surprise in the mind of Adam. After all, it wasn't as if he was born yesterday. The man had cameras, survivance gear and sensors scattered all over the lands that he watched over. So, it wasn't much surprise that he picked up on Colin Washi's presence. And, given the relationship he had to Nathan Washi, Adam didn't have to know what he was here for; but it didn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that it might have something to do with his brother.

Thus, on Adam's call, most people within the compound were otherwise ordered not to bother him since he didn't perceive him to be a threat at this time. Instead, The Eden Leader merely waited, sighed and opened the door after it felt like the whole damn world was falling apart after The Washi's dramatic entrance. When he opened the door, the male could be seen shaking his head and wagging his finger; as if he were a disapproving mother upset the actions her wild children were taking against her.

"Yanno, I doubt you were raised in a barn. Ya could have just knocked on my lovely shin-dig if ya wanted to see my lovely little face that badly. Maybe even send me a love letter or two if it was that urgent."

Always with the jokes, Adam couldn't help but play coy after someone went well out of their way to raddle his head a bit. Of course, there was then a casual roll of the shoulders given as he moved on from the jokes to otherwise address the reason why the big bad Vizard leader was here to address sweet little old him.

"Surely you didn't come to my place just for hugs, kisses, and cuddles. Ya have been making moves nearby and I'm assuming it has something to do with your brother, right? If so, you are free to sit down, make yourself at home and not try to break my precious home for dramatic effect. Some of us have to work for a living, yanno. Money doesn't grow on trees."

And with that, Adam whipped out a small gray circular device from his sleeve, pressed a red button atop the gadget, forged a bean-bag chair below him and plopped down as he looked up at Colin.

"Oh, ya want one of these or do ya just prefer to stand? My feet are killing me so I just want to sit down if ya don't mind."

Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] WVMWLOu
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Empty Re: Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin]

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:32 am
Music: Ben Prunty - The Wasteland.

Colin Washi

"Nope. Suburbia." The lanky man replied, glad that the door opened without any extra kind of hassle. Though, on some level, he was also disappointed. Guess stealth work really is just about impossible with these things… The orange glasses that he wore glinted against the artificial light that filled the hallway. Though I also can't really remember the last time someone literally wagged their finger at me.

"Yeah, I'm sure you'd be super eager to just meet with a guy like me. What if I… haa, hahaha." Colin just laughed, one of his hands moving back inside of his hair. He was solidly embarrassed. Yeah, like I'm going to try to blow up this place or am the kinda guy who cares who he used to work for.

"Well… yes. And no." Colin explained, looking at one side of the building, and then the other. And then… back at the guy in front of him. His Zanpakuto spirit's voice suddenly entered into his head...

Holy shit, Colin. I think he's appropriating the culture my appearance is derived from.

I'm wondering if it's supposed to be some kind of intimidation tactics. Those are a lot of feathers. The Eagle Man paused, and then shook his head at the idea that he would attempt to break Adam's home; if he had wanted to do that, he would have already. "Nah. I wouldn't be here by myself if I wanted to muck things up."

His eyes glanced at the bean bag chair, a wry smile growing on his face. "Yeah sure, I'd love one." If he were given one, Colin would rest his wiry frame on the bean bag's surface, comfortably easing in.

"Well… No. I'm not here about Nathan, exactly; I'm here about you." Colin explained, leaning forward. His gloved hands laid relaxed on either side of his lap, his tone even. "You… fixed my brother. He's… not right in the head; hasn't been for a long time. But… I got to see him over the holiday season last year. I really appreciate that." The red-garbed man explained, the opaque lenses looking directly at Adam.

"So I did some poking around, and some research.. well, a lot of research. Haven't had much else to do, other than this side project I'm working on..." At those words, Colin's face seemed to brighten. Adam could make out a smile, as well as Colin's eyebrows noticeably rising. "Which brings me to why I'm here. I'd like to offer you a… job? Recruitment post? Thing?" Colin blinked, looking at the ceiling, trying to figure out what he wanted to say. "I'm making a campus, out in the Wastes. I need a real human. One that's still alive. One that's had to deal with Shinigami and Demons and all kinds of others... one who cares about Humans and believes in their improvement." Colin paused, figuring out how he wanted to describe the next statement, whether he should pause… Aw, fuckit. Beating around the bush is kinda pointless.

"How would you like to be an Adjunct, or a resident teacher? I suppose you could send one of your staff; but if what happened with my bro is anything to go off of, you seem to like getting your hands dirty yourself."

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Communion of the Headdress Lords [Adam/Colin] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:10 am

https://soundcloud.com/acounta/beautydecay

Artist: ACOUNTA - Song: Beauty Decay - Word Count: N/A

Adam was observing the male like a hook. With another snap of his fingers, a honey gold hookah vape appeared at his right side. Inside this machine was a cluster of prime chi energy that was extracted from the earth itself so that he can continue to otherwise inject his body with the utmost of pure power from the planet. In fact, Colin would feel noticeable potent energy emitting from both Adam and his little hookah vape. Of course, he just wanted to relax as well as he listened and watched Colin.

Inhale in, exhale out.

"I'm fucking with you, birdie. If you were on the warpath you wouldn't be dumb enough to storm straight in and I wouldn't be too chickenshit not to have already gone into offense and defense mode to protect my people."

There was then a chuckle held as the room started to fill with a haze of emerald energy from his chi-infused hookah vape. So, unlike regular smoke that would choke the air out of your lungs, there would instead be a pleasant aroma of fruits and spring-time air filling the room from this natural energy. Adam may be a cheeky bastard, but he wasn't gonna disrespect his guest by blowing toxic fumes in his face. If anything, the breeze may outright relax him given the tranquil elements of its properties.

At any rate, the male seemed to be telling the truth with how direct he was about his intentions. With recollections of Nathan Washi flowing into his mind, Adam recalled giving the crazed vizard a helping hand when he was so insane he thought living in a hole in the ground was the best way to live. Indeed, he was a perplexing fellow, but it was nice to hear that his efforts were not wasted on the Washi. So, a smile of content eased its way across The Eden Leader's face as he appeared pleased with the turn of events Colin had mentioned.

"Good. It's always wonderful to know my charms have their way of working into the spirit of a person and giving them a loving boost~"

After another exhale of his hookah, Adam noticed Colin beginning to smile about his research and it was then that he knew that this conversation was steering into a more interesting topic. It's why he waited for him to awkwardly stumble the words out until he admitted that he sought out The Eden Leader's expertise on the human race. Apparently, he required the assistance of someone bold enough to spread the wisdom of mankind's whispers to the ears of a new generation. And, to that degree, Adam could do nothing more than give a nod of his head as a smirk crept across his face.

"Sure. If you trust me to do such a thing, I don't have any issues helping you with that. But tell me: what it's in it for me? Would you be willing to assist with our efforts and try to get your buddies to see I'm not on the warpath of being a terrorist?"

There was then a pause before he chuckled at the thought of a certain individual Colin may be very familiar with coming into mind.

"Perhaps I'm seeking something like pardon in the same vain that Hakai did when he left the Monsuta himself. If he could receive such a gift, do you not believe I could as well?"

JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:54 am
Music: Ben Prunty - Red Sands.

Colin Washi

"That's good. When a guy who uses a lot of bird references walks into a room with another guy who's covered in feathers, I can't help but think you're either really trying to intimidate me, or you're really fucking with me." He explained, a chuckle on the tail end of his comment.

…I kinda miss cigars. Colin thought to himself, remembering the time before he became a Vizard. He was not bothered by the vapor; he thought it was pleasant. The more Adam breathed, the more smoke filled the room. Colin's head shifted this way and that, seeming to observe the different hues. "I like the color." Colin explained, the emerald vapor wafting around his head… but not quite reaching it. Where the smoke came into contact with him, it sped up a bit, sliding quickly and easily past his body. It did touch his body before sliding past, and it seemed that the man Colin had come to visit had a penchant for spring-scents.

"…" Colin did not comment on how Adam gave his brother a 'loving boost'. He was not particularly homophobic, but it was still… A hella fruity way to talk about my already fruity-looking older bro. He maintained his relaxed expression, though. It did not bother him enough to raise concerns about, and he was hoping they could continue the conversation he had come here for without too many tangents.

"…Yeaaaaaaah." Colin let the word out, his Cybermind ticking away as he reflected on the Eden Leader's words. He had already thought about that to some degree; and the solution he had in mind, while not an easy path, was still probably going to be helpful in the end. "As long as this little operation of yours doesn't wind up doing something… well, overtly destructive to a group like Lux Orior or the Soul Society… Yaknow, the people I used to work for and still have friends in. Well, I don't see why you couldn't use your position as teacher to recommend your students to your organization. Especially students who will have to lead others through... well, big wars and stuff. The kinds of things myself and some of my pupils had to deal with."

At that last comment, one of Colin's legs lifted up, resting on his knee. "………Well." He was not dismissing Adam's proposal; he was, however, trying to work out the feasibility of it. "…On the issue of trust… well, again, I'd like to repay what you did for my brother. I'm happy to give someone a chance if I can. Let's say I go to the Lux Orior and request that you no longer be considered a hostile threat." Colin explained, his fingers threading between one another as the beans in the bag shifted. "Let's say they don't want to based off of just my word. I've got connections, yeah. But I also don't directly report to anyone there." He continued, pausing as he thought.

"In which case… I offer them a 'trial'. I request a non-aggression pact. If you are on my campus frequently, teaching… then what if they had a moderator there, as well? It's politics and fairly annoying… but if they don't trust me to keep my… eyes open, then that might be a path to get you what you want... and I'm sure that at the end of the day, they'd rather be on good terms with an organization like you're trying to make than bad ones. World's a bit crazy as things are right now to begin with."

Colin concluded, his arms sliding back through the smoke as he leaned into the chair. He had obviously thought about this a great deal before arriving here. Whether it's a student or a teacher though, and whether we'll even be aware of it… ugh. Politics gives me a headache.

At least the smoke smells nice.

- Buddha
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kXa2gVQvSY

Artist: A- Song: Beauty Decay - Word Count: N/A

"We are all a bit birdy in the head, aren't we?"

Adam tapped his head with his right hand and stuck his tongue out playfully at Colin as he winked at him and snickered. Clearly, he was in a playful mood. Though, perhaps, it could be interrupted as someone else if they weren't as aware of his thought patterns as The Eden Leader himself was. Sure, the guy could contemplate these mass schemes with the utmost of solemn and stern thinking when he is with himself, but there is something about chattering among the people that brings out the chipper side of him that makes him an approachable enough person when not dealing with blood, death, war and all that fun juicy stuff.

In fact, more than anything else, it was childish prodding as opposed to anything sexual or flirtatious. If Adam had an interest in such a thing, he'd take actions to make it clear what he wanted. Instead, acting so flippant like this brought back subconscious happiness to the days when he was a but a mere youth and child without a care in the world. So why not bring back that self when he could if the weight of the world and humanity's fate wasn't resting on his shoulder?

At any rate, he'd took another hit of his hookah machine and let Colin continue speaking. Adam wasn't usually one to interrupt or get in the way of other peoples speaking. As, if he did that, he wouldn't be able to discern what it is they were thinking or saying. Sometimes you had to learn to shut the hell up to get more out of the situation for both parties involved. And from shutting up, it was apparent The Vizard Man was willing to at least offer him a potential opportunity to help redeem some of his bloody reputation.

So, when Colin had otherwise summarized his offer, it was apparent enough that this would be done on a trial status and he had the good faith of another person within the Lux Orior to otherwise get the heat off of himself and his people. As, while he didn't what happened to himself as he has lived a life of risk, being a leader meant thinking of the bigger picture and he didn't want the people associated with himself to the pay the price of his sins. Which meant that he needed to tidy up any loose-ends he left during his former life of terrorism in the Monsuta however which way he could.

"Works for me. As long as I can use you as a medium to get resources, assistance and allyship from the Washi Family and Lux Orior; I'd be more than willing to do the same. As, if you hadn't already known, I do hold the ability to evolve and develop the beings and objects in the world around me."

Adam then looked up directly at Colin once more and added on:

"So, if you need any assistance from me in that regard, don't be afraid to give me a ring. This isn't just a relationship where I take, take, take and take. That isn't how relationships work remotely, after all."

Then there was a pause before he had one more thing to layer on to his engagement with the Washi.

"And, since we are making this official, do you mind being a legitimate ally of Eden's Evolution? I ain't looking to take your soul for my own or anything asinine like that, but I'm building up a network of diplomats to otherwise vouch for us and all the influence and support we can get is crucial to our growth right now."

JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:11 pm
Music: Astronautilus - The River, the Woods.

Colin Washi

…This guy really worked for the Monsuta? Colin was a bit disarmed by the level of familiarity that Adam showed. He gave the man a good-natured smile, but that was more on account of not knowing how else to react. "Uh, yeah… but some of us are just more, uh… bird-brained than others." He got out, in his own head trying to figure out exactly why the guy was just so… relaxed.

Alright, obviously he's huffing off of a hookah, but like… this seems like a bit much. Colin thought about the other leaders he had met over the years; they had been significantly more tense than the guy that was in front of him now. Wonder if that's because the operation he's got going on now isn't very big, it's just that well managed, or he's… simple. None of those thoughts necessarily showed on Colin's face. …In any case, I'mma chalk it up as a good thing. I'd rather have someone approachable like this around my students than another guy like me or Jaeden or, uh… moss head.

"Well…" Colin's left hand rubbed the back of his head, the sound of half-choked laughter leaving his throat. "'The Washi Family' that could give you a hand is more like just me and Nathan.. My nephew would help if I asked him to… He's a member of Lux Orior… and Alex might if I guilt him into it. Justin's… got like this weird personal god-voice thing in his head? Oh, oh, actually -" Colin blinked, having just realized something. "He's not a pure-blooded human; but my youngest brother, Brian, he's still technically alive and I don't think he signed up with Lux after the Yayjuu dissolved. You might give him a call if you have some kind of air forces." Colin explained, the other half more… difficult to deal with.

"…I don't like… making promises I can't keep. I dunno how much sway I'll have over Lux Orior; but you do have my word that I'll help you with them how I can." Colin's hand moved off of his head, his attention focusing directly at Adam as he explained what his abilities were. "…Yeah. I was pretty confused when Nathan showed back up; I have… somewhat of an idea of what you can do. That's the other reason I think you'd make a great teacher." Colin told the guy sitting in front of him, his head tilting back and forth at the last proposal he was offered.

…This, the thing with Takehiko… well, if I want staff, I've gotta be willing to give back. And… well, it's given me way more to do. At least I'm not bored all the time, now. Colin extended his right arm, sitting up on the bean bag. "Here. You want the best way to show that I ally myself with your interests?" Colin asked… his hand moving to his glasses and folding them….

Zip-zip-zip-zip-zipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzip--

What Adam saw next would depend on his observational skills. If he could not follow extremely fast objects, he would just see that Colin's eyes were completely filled with a bright green shine. If he could, then he would see that Colin's eyes were uncontrollably, chaotically dashing about in every direction, bouncing all around the inside of his head. They moved in tandem, but there was no seeming pattern between them.

Colin set his glasses down onto the ground, the emerald haze wafting around his arm as he extended it in front of his body. …Do it, Soringuiguru.

Colin's back shifted and changed… his Shikai being released. He let out a slow breath, the wings folding in as along the length of his arm… literal feathers grew out. Emerald green in color, just like the fog. "Careful. The edges of it are sharp as my Zanpakuto. Just grip it flat-wise, and pull." Colin told him, his intent obvious.

"Anyone who knows me and what I can do should recognize it; it won't be absorbed or dispersed until I can't support it any longer." Colin explained… his eyes focused again, no longer jerking about as his Shikai's power flowed through him, emerald hues staring directly at his new tribal-themed ally.

- Buddha
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:39 pm

https://soundcloud.com/dm-dokuro/shootem22-solar-dokuro-remix

Artist:DM Dokuro - Song: Shootem22 - Word Count: N/A

"I'm adjustable, flexible and adaptable. As long as we both have a line of communication to each other, it works for me. There is no need to make things complicated as I'm assured that the two of us are men who dislike making circumstances convoluted."

There was a gentle nod of his head as the man spoke with clarity and sincerity behind his voice. Hearing the arrangements that Colin wanted to make as far as their alliance was concerned was all that Adam wanted to hear. Given that the world is an ever-changing place, the exact details of their arrangements would undoubtedly vary from incident to incident. Which is why he was instead more comfortable with just getting that certainty that there was an open line of communication between the two.

"And I'll be sure to look Brian up after this meeting of ours. Sounds like he could use the place to make something of himself as well. Who knows, maybe I'll learn a thing or two from him myself. Every person has some type of knowledge they can bestow upon the world."

Still, despite the aura of caution bleeding from the essence of Nathan, Adam was still as cool as a cucumber in the face of these negotiations. And why shouldn't he? All throughout his life he had face obstacle after obstacle despite not having the power to outright bring entire armies down to his knees with but a mere blink of his eyes like the monsters around him. He has thrived for many centuries in this planet despite having been better off dead through his encounters. As far as he is concerned, there is some type of force in this world keeping him alive and he has a belief that it wants him to live and he is focused on adhering to that energy to execute what it is his heart desires and focus on what he was put on this earth to do.

"I don't believe in miracles to a certain extent, but I'll take what I can get as it always helps to have support within the inside. Even if you fail in that endeavor, the support is all I care about. If we fail, we'll just have to dust ourselves and try again, friendo."

Adam spoke in a matter-of-fact tone because that's all there was to it in his mind. You either succeeded in what you did, or you failed and endured long enough to achieve the goal. Since he came back from the ashes of his defeat, he has used that hell to otherwise build himself to something better and wilder than whatever it was he was driving for in the Monsuta. That was his belief at the moment and nothing could sway him from that. As, if he lost that belief in himself, then everything he was doing now was pointless and the lives of those who have invested him, by proxy, were meaningless as well. So, despite his catty exterior, some part of his heart didn't like the taste of that and he wanted to carry forth with this redemption arc of sorts.

At any rate, it was apparent Colin was ready to take Adam up on his offer. As there was a swift change in the acceleration of energy flowing in the body of The Vizard. So, instead of replying to anything he said, The Eden leader switched back to his active listening mode and observed. Having fought beings that moved at super-sonic speeds before, you tend to get an awareness for the absurd amounts of speed they move in. Despite the power gap between the two, the bloody eyes of the human had no issues keeping up with the movements of the vizard. Actually executing the speed, however? Well, that was another story.

Nevertheless, it seemed that he wanted Adam to grab his sword, but before he could do that Adam had his own condition to state:

"There is a condition of my powers that you must state what it is you desire to evolve within yourself before I can proceed. So tell me: what is it you exactly want to manifest within yourself, Colin?"

JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:59 pm
Music: Hollow Point Heroes - Calm Before The Storm

Colin Washi

That's… a lot of words for 'okay'. Colin thought to himself, blinking at the man in front of him. He did not usually use quite that much of a vocabulary; he knew what all the words Adam said meant, it just took him a bit by surprise to hear someone else talk that much. "Yeah, the more complicated things are, the more difficult it makes it. Simple things just work better." Colin explained shortly, following what the man said about his brother. Speaking of things that are complicated… I can't tell who owes who anymore.

"…He's pretty uh, sharp. Worked for the Rinyauru way back in the day. Has seen a lot of the world." Colin explained, scratching the back of his head. He neglected to mention that Brian had actually taken command of that particular organization for a startingly brief period. He also neglected to mention that his other brother, Alex, had been another one of its prominent members. If he finds out, he finds out… and if he does, hopefully he'll know what I don't really wanna talk about it.

There was no doubting that the man in front of Colin had an… aura. It was as though there were a flow around his body, similar to the emerald smoke that covered his form. But it was also different; like he could be here or gone in an instant, if that force guided him away. …I really do think he'll do well as a teacher. He thought to himself, unable to completely shake that uncertainty that something would go wrong. …But then, what is it they always tell me…? Life's no fun without a bit of craziness. His emerald eyes locked on Adam's, waiting for him to respond.

"Sorry. I'm not really interesting in dusting myself. Gliding off and coming in for another attempt at a landing? Sure. But uh… that's not really what you meant, is it. The way you talk'll probably take me a while to get used to. Sorry about that." Colin told the man with an apologetic half-grin.

His arm was extended toward Adam, showing him the feathers that covered its length. But the more he talked… the more Colin's eyes looked into his. "…Sorry, Adam." Colin told him, his eyes growing… weary. They began flickering again, dashing back and forth. Within that gaze was no longer the enthusiastic desert-wind chasing Eagle God. Within his gaze… was age, and exhaustion.

"…" Colin's eyes looked directly into the Eden leader's. He most likely could see the acceptance within them. …I've evolved plenty. I want to watch it happen to others. I... Look what I'm trying to do. Isn't that enough? Can't that just... be enough? And if it's able to be enough, then... His eyes closed, brightening a bit as he widened them again. "…I want to manifest the ability to prevent other people from gaining that.. apathy. You're a bit of an empath; aren't you?" Everything Colin had seen had pointed toward such a thing. The way the man talked, what he had done to Nathan, his own research… and now, the suggestion on the nature of his powers. "…I want to evolve into something more like what you have. Teach others how to better themselves. Prepare them for this world... Maybe then I'll be able to…" Colin's voice trailed off for a moment, a low sigh leaving his mouth. Regret hung within his gaze, but he calmly shook it off, his head shifting back, and forth.

When his eyes opened again, they were his normal self. The words that followed were… torn. There was an incredible amount of reluctance behind them. Perhaps that reluctance was, in a way… tied to what Adam had seen in his gaze. "There. That answer well enough? My body doesn't take well to lasting effects of others, good and bad. I'd rather… Really, really, really... really rather, you not screw with my head, for better or worse. If that is the only way you're willing to proceed with this........ I guess… I'm not able to do anything with that stuff but avoid it… so, well, I've got no promises on how long it'll last."

To be completely honest, Colin did not like this condition one bit. He wanted to reject it. He wanted to just shrug and tell Adam that it was straight out unreasonable. But.. At the same time, he knew himself. He knew that even if something happened to him, that eventually someone would try to pin him down again, especially if what Adam did to him made him try fighting the way he did in the past.

And when that happened… he would have every part of his mental state snapped and freed from those things that prevented him from being himself. His mouth opened again at last, his voice low but… wanting to make his emotions known before Adam tried anything else.

"…Please... don't make me let you screw with my head. It's the only thing that's always stuck with me. I don't want to not be me."

- Buddha
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum