Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Empty The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus]

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:15 am

Laplace Iramasha | HONOURABLE COUNCILLOR

The doors opened automatically.

"Thank you."

Laplace waved to the secretary behind the desk and walked through the doors. His head stayed, but his eyes wandered the room for the briefest of moments. He noted the dichotomy between the structure of the room and the city; the openness and minimalist arrangements of the office versus the fanciful glimmers of every inch of the city, except here. He wondered, for but a moment, what sort of man Cyrus was.

The councillor sent word ahead asking for audience with the leader of the Vandenreich. An arrangement of mutual benefits to discuss, as it were. Laplace was cordially invited to come, and so he did. In turn, Laplace familiarised himself with the Vandenreich and the city beforehand. Its publicly known members, the infrastructure of the city, even the hierarchy. With an even gait, Laplace walked up to the lone desk in the room and politely bowed.

"Thank you for inviting me, Sir Elect. You lead a wonderful city."

END POST | LEADER OF THE UNION

The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Empty Re: The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus]

Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:19 am
The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Anl52ks

CYRUS OF THE SWIFT FLAME

"I am quite honored to welcome one of your position to the City of Lights, Councillor. Your praise is quite highly appreciated; my people strive to create a better future for themselves."

In truth, Cyrus was not especially confident in these Iramasha. Not as a race, of course, for Cyrus was not one to deny others any respect based merely on their birth. No, his misgivings were wholly with this Iramasha Union. One would need to be rather well-studied on geopolitics to even know the organization still existed, and hadn't simply fallen apart in the last few years. Well, given the state of the Vandenreich only two years prior, perhapos he ought not be so critical.

"Well, I do not wish to distract you with idle pleasantries, though if you desire tea or a luncheon, that can certainly be arranged."

Cyrus was no fool. First Lux Orior, and now the Iramasha Union. Even if perhaps he had never intended it, the Vandenreich had become an exceptional powerhouse in Earth's affairs; it followed that those other organizations which had once done the same would seek to ally, in one capacity or another. Not that Cyrus held any malice toward them, of course. He understood quite well the difficulties of working around incompetent personnel.

END POST | HOW FAR AWAY, THE IDEAL WORLD

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Empty Re: The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus]

Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:54 pm

"Please, the honour is all mine. May I?"

Laplace gestured to a chair, and with Cyrus's blessing he took a seat, placing one leg over the other.

As much as he did his due diligence in knowing the Vandenreich, he still had no particular expectations of a face to face meeting with their leader, and specifically what kind of character they had in more personal context. Political experience lended to him that whatever shown from outside a space as enclosed as this office was never the accurate picture.

"No, I don't wish to impose. I'm quite grateful for the meeting as is, and I am not one for distractions in these important conversations--and I do believe this to be a very important conversation."

He paused for a moment to read the room, read the person before him, and to the best of his ability understand the correct means to maneuver the conversation. As far as he could tell, being straightforward was the best approach with Cyrus.

"I am sure you're a busy man, so I have no intentions to waste too much of your time. Correct me if I am wrong, but to my understanding you have the intentions to preserve this world to many great lengths, and you understand that the greatest threat to that is, while a many host of variables, very much the presence of those foreign to this realm?"

Provided that was the extent of it, this would be an easy conversation. However, if there was more to these goals, a greater depth and aspiration beyond pragmatic altruism, things would be more complicated.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Start to A Better World [Private/Laplace, Cyrus] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:07 am

CYRUS OF THE SWIFT FLAME

Ah, and there it was. He expectations thoroughly met, the Iramasha speaking on his aims for the future. He did not particularly mind the fact that the Iramasha would seek him out, but of course such a thing could feasibly change.

"The continued weakening of the borders between the realms is the greatest threat which faces not only the Earth, but all of the adjacent worlds to it. Those who do not call the Earth their home already ought stay within their place. Of course, this is not feasible to simply shut the boundaries forever, for the cycles demand some manner of travel between them. But this world, where one might go from the Soul Society, through Earth, and into Demon World all in but a few moments is a danger to all three."

Watching Laplace with the almost distant gaze of the divine, Cyrus wondered where the Iramasha stood on Cyrus' professed neutrality. He found it often misunderstood that he was simply a champion of the Earth, no matter the circumstance. This was not the case.

"All realms must retain their sanctity, for such a thing is not only a matter of security, but of moral good. Rest assured, any who seek to interlope will be met with appropriate retribution."

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Internally, Laplace frowned. His face was neutral the whole way through, but some things said weren't to his favour or liking. Nevertheless, it was insightful to know more about Cyrus's intentions, and by extension the directions of the Vandenreich, rather than heresay and second hand information.

"In my views, the Iramasha Realm and the Earth are of the same coin. Those on Earth, native to it in particular, are no more distant to me than my own family. I think it is rather pertinent to know whether you view the Iramasha as foreigners, or also as native to the natural world."

Frankly, Cyrus's views on the subject would make little difference to Laplace's immediate goals, and the hopeful outcome of this discussion. The bigger picture might change, however.

"On your views concerning the other realms, I have no opinion on their own well being. That is to say, them thriving also bears no issue to me, so long as their troubles do not bleed onto the Earth. I say this not simply out of a defensiveness for a favoured folk, but as a matter of avoiding apocalypse. I don't know if you can feel it, but in the simplest terms, this world is dying. The centuries of conflict has left their mark, and in a very short amount of time, Earth and this whole universe is soon to fall. In turn, I am absolutely certain this would effect the other realms as well."

Laplace paused for a moment. Perhaps simply habit in speaking politically, but he let the weight of his words sink in. Though, he was sure Cyrus already knew, given his comment on the threat to all realms in their continued intermingling.

"That being said, I would like to contest one thing you said. I don't believe it's an impossibility to shut the boundaries forever. Of course, if it suits your needs, I'm sure we could find a way to allow small systems persist, such as the soul cycle. However, as far as the mass movement of people and energy crossing all over the place, I believe something could be done about that. We already have two successful examples, after all."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:30 am

CYRUS OF THE SWIFT FLAME

This was all, generally speaking, what Cyrus had broadly anticipated from the Iramasha. Even if he were not one of their kind, he knew of their existence, and of the likely stances that one in Laplace's position would take. Did he mind? Not terribly, no.

"The Iramasha Realm is indeed but another facet of the Earth. Its boundaries are by and large the Earth's boundaries, and there are many places where one might cross between the two through wholly mundane means. Those who hold the Iramasha as alien are simply shortsighed."

Cyrus naturally understood the weight of Laplace's words, and of the situation he described. It was that which drove him to steal godhood in the first place.

"Yes, this world is certainly diseased. The links forced upon it to other realms are killing it, and must be closed. You are correct, however, that there are still those few things which cannot be simply removed. The soul cycle, and the role of those shinigami who purify unclean souls. This system cannot simply be dismantled without annihilation every bit as dire as that which we already face. It forces a precarious balance onto us."

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Good. It helped that they were on the same page. A great segway to address another potential issue as well.

"I'm glad to hear that. Though I am afraid that there are some peoples which disagree, and do in fact find us Iramasha as foreign influencers. To my understanding, Vastime is one. Though they are not hostile, I believe the state believes us alien indeed. The coveted the nations guarded by us, after all, where we still have settlements of our people to peacefully live on Earth. Unfortunately, Cirno Iramasha, if you are familiar with her, offered the authority over those lands to Vastime."

Frankly, a shinigami in charge of such a large portion of the Earth was unacceptable. Though he was now out of commission, what replaced his position was yet another shinigami--moreover one which presided over the Gotei, which was certainly a step towards the wrong direction.

"Closing the greater links to the realms is manageable. Though I'm not at liberty to divulge all the details in the current moment--bureaucracy and all that, I trust you understand--there is a means to act on it. As you say, the much more delicate subject is the parts for which we can not simply shut out, or shut down. I would like to address, however, that I don't believe the 'role' of the shinigami is necessarily held by shinigami.

It's been well established already that they are not the only ones with means to access or assess the fragile Soul Cycle, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you know that better than most anyone. Forgive my crassness, but I'm also of the opinion that Gotei don't need to be trusted with that role, either. It's astonishing the amount of times their decision making has been more than detrimental. I think the quincy are more than familiar with their transgressions.

Frankly, there are many groups that I have little trust for, as much as they claim better interests for holding a balance, or the well-being of the Earth and all the other realms. Am I alone in this opinion this time, or do we yet again share similar views?"

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:14 pm

CYRUS OF THE SWIFT FLAME

"Yes, I am quite keenly aware of Vastime's stance on the Iramasha. It is a rather peculiar stance, would you not say, for an empire which carries the best interests of Earth supposedly at heart. Even more strange to see a demon of such high import at the side of its king. But I am not here to cast judgements upon the dead. I agree with your stance."

Cyrus certainly saw eye to eye with the Iramasha before him on those topics which carried the most import. In fact, their consistent agreeance made him feel the faintest degree of suspicion, if only on account of how consistent it seemed. And, of course, he had an intrinsic distrust for the Iramasha Council on account of their seeming disappearance.

"They are not, this is true, but they are certainly the group with the most consistent means to handle the grave matter of Hollowkind. We Quincy are certainly aware of the Gotei's failings, and put no more faith in them than is merited. Until such time as there is access to a manner of purifying Hollows in any mass scale, however, their role must still be acknowledged in that alone."

He could not particularly help but suspect a bit of a barb in Laplace's final point, but Cyrus was not the sort to be angered over discourse.

"I would agree, yes. Nearly all of the groups who represent such interests have proven thoroughly lacking."

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 pm

"Hahaha, wonderful, wonderful. Sorry for asking you so many questions, Cyrus--if you don't mind me calling you so closely. I just feel like we're two birds of a feather, but I apologise if I've overstepped my boundaries."

From a serious topic to a hearty smile and laughter. It was Laplace's trademark at the table of councilors to move things along by bouncing between the two tones, it helped to keep things moving at his pace. Many members of the council were turning senile--they grew slow and sedentary.

"If you're not too busy some time later, while I'm still on Earth I'd love to have a drink with you after business hours."

The best political work occurred outside the office, after all.

"But before then, the reason--the core reason--for my asking an audience with you. I don't mean to only ask about our mutual views. I also mean to act upon them, to yield real results. There are plenty of little details to hash over, and we should carefully consider each one. But, as a whole, I'd like to ask for a cooperation of our two groups."

Laplace took a moment to see any changes in Cyrus as a response, but he didn't expect to see any insightful expressions. He continued on with an elaboration.

"My main goal is to properly close down these borders between the realms, and to push out these influences which haphazardly threaten the stability of the natural world. To do that, we Iramasha intend to start acting against the remnants of Shadow Fall, and the demons and hollows which act recklessly. If the number of them which wishes to remain on Earth are not of the unruly kind, there should be no issues. Though their total absence offers better chances to allow the universe to repair itself, I have no intentions of being unreasonable, or impractical. The universe is still big enough, and strong enough, to maintain its stability so long as they remain peaceful.

We also intend to remove the influences of the Gotei from the Earth. I anticipate no progress in a diplomatic approach with this goal, but I will personally try nonetheless. If, as I presume, the Gotei has no intentions to do so, I'd like to try a means of forcibly preventing their intervention, while the role of maintaining the soul cycle is handled by another group--the Vandenreich, as I believe appropriate. On the topic if purifying souls such as hollows and their kin, the Iramasha are equipped to do so. Normally, our powers of purification are suited towards purifying substances of the natural world from invasive entities, but there are instances in which this purification has worked towards souls as well."

There was more to Laplace's plans, like the existence of Vastime and Lux Orior. Being led by Shadin Yuudeshi was absolutely unacceptable. Putting aside how anomalous and dangerous to the health of Earth Karakura Central was, Shadin himself was just like the elder council members of the Iramasha Union. Sedentary and unmoving. He may have acted heroically in the past, but what mattered was the here and now.

Vastime being led by the Captain Commander of the Gotei also meant that the quest to remove the Gotei's responsibilities from the Earth pitted the resources of the African nation as a potential threat to their goals as well. Sooner or later, they'd have to be removed as well, if at least only the top-brass which held divergent allegiances, Abalia and Liu namely.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:40 am

CYRUS OF THE SWIFT FLAME

Laplace may have spoken about the two as if they were quite similar and well-acquainted, but Cyrus did not feel terribly much camaraderie toward the Iramasha emissary. Their Realm may ostensibly have been of the Earth, but Cyrus knew that it had still proven every bit as fickle as the others. If it were feasible to shut it away as the others, he would do so without hesitation.

"You ask much for a preliminary meeting, Councillor. I will bring your position to my circle of advisors. It would, of course, be imprudent of me to make a unilateral decision of such import without their wisdom brought to consideration. However, the Vandenreich does acknowledge the aims and the authority of the Iramasha Council over the Earth. You may rest assured in this."

Cyrus, personally, had no faith in the man before him, nor his organization. He had no qualms with the Iramasha, of course. Disdain for others by merit of race or creed was not his way. But the Iramasha Union had proven lacking for a long while now, and to ally with them, when their full aims were assuredly as obscured as his own, would be foolhardy.

"I do, of course, look forward to seeing the results of the Iramasha Union's efforts, and I will inform my Sternritter that they need not intervene in your affairs. I believe this to be a suitable agreement without denying the value of my trusted leadership, do you not agree?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum