Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty Re: Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso]

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:23 pm

Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Artist: Baccano! - Song: Guns & Roses

While he was a little irritated that he had blown her backward with the thrust and not the Ikkotsu strike like he intended, Henrex simply readjusted his posture, returning to a more neutral stance, keeping his sword in one hand as she righted herself, pushing himself forward to attack again, only for Calypso to suddenly lash out with a kick at his arm.

While he was able to move it somewhat out of the way, the awkward shift in stance and footwork prevented him from completely avoiding the blow, causing her attack to mildly fracture his elbow. The half-breed winced slightly at the hit, letting his arm fall back to his side as his body went to work, expending some energy in order to mend the damage and put his body back in place. Immediately after the kick took place, Henrex moved backward, letting his wings take him back in order to allow him to have the time, even if little, to repair the damage before going back on the offensive.

Taking a deep breath to reaffirm his posture, Henrex took a stance again, lifting his sword above his head, pointed diagonally upward with his feet spread wide and his knees bent. Bending his knees just a tiny bit more, Henrex pushed himself off the ground, firing towards her at blinding speeds, all while bringing his sword down in a single, tremendously powerful overhead strike -- Suikawari.

He could tell that Calypso wanted a good fight, so, he decided to opt for the more aggressive approach. He was still holding back, as to not destroy anything in the park or disturb the others that were there, as well as to not end up accidentally murdering Calypso, but there was still a tremendous amount of power behind this strike and all that had come before.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty Re: Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso]

Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:01 am

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

His arm broken, or at least hanging down by his side, Calypso gave a smile. Koppojutsu was imported from Japan to add to the Western Blood Fists, and it was great. Disabling the enemy by breaking their bones was so fitting fore the style, even Calypso's Gandr sensibilities didn't put her off the thing.

When he retreated, Calypso exhaled and returned to a serpentine stance, ready to deliver more stinging justice until he fell over and collapsed! He seemed to keep to the same speed, and if his gait and swing was any interaction, the same level of strength. Just, a more aggressive style than before. Seemed weird to her, and she was going to complain later with him throwing the fight like this.

'Strike When Struck, for in this moment, you are absolutely within range' was one of the lines in the books she had read. It made sense, if you could maneuverer yourself to take a blow that wasn't as bad as the blow you delivered in the same moment, you would win. Only a fool tried to avoid every blow and still win the fight. So when the overhead strike came down, she'd lean slightly and take it on her shoulder. It hurt a lot, obviously. Even if she could deflect the edge, it was still a lump of metal smashing into her.

But, what would hurt more was Calypso moving in the same moment she was hit, driving Taiju Snake Palm into the back of Henrex's elbow, attacking joints and weak points to ensure that they snapped cleanly and disabled both his arms. Could always surprise her and suddenly break out Takkeyeon, but she doubted it.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:10 pm

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Artist: Baccano! - Song: Gun's & Roses

Feeling and sensing the emotions that Calypso gave off as his attack connected, as well as sensing the mild annoyance of the minor changes that he had made to his attacks beforehand, Henrex made note of it, intending to change the shape of his Zanpakuto in order to prevent further damage, while also giving himself the freedom to ramp up his offense.

But, before he got the chance to do that, Calypso moved as she was hit, fluidly targeting the joints and weak points of his arms, causing his elbows to snap rather easily and to suddenly fall uselessly at his sides. The attack immediately caused his fingers to release his Zanpakuto and the blade clattered to the ground. Wincing again at the brief moments of pain, he once again backed off, using his wings to keep him upright as his regeneration kicked in, beginning to mend his broken arms.

Thankfully, both of them healed quickly due to the extreme level of regeneration that he had built up over the years. But, even then, Henrex quickly pushed forward, lunging toward his Zanpakuto and grabbing it, changing the weapon's shape and properties into a bamboo shinai as he continued moving. The moment he picked up his sword, he swung around with his free hand, ramping up his strength as he threw another Ikkotsu toward her before righting himself and readjusting his stance and posture,

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:05 am

"Wait!" Calypso would exclaim as both his arms just snapped back into place on a dime. She'd cross her arms and scowl at him if he followed her sudden instruction. "Isn't it rude to hide an absolute victory button like instant regeneration? It's one thing to be stronger than your opponent, but when you literally can not lose, then it is just straight rude to not tell the other about that. Is winning really that important to you?"

Calypso seemed pretty damn passionate about this whole thing, as if the spar they were in was a lot more than just a spar to her. Which was possible, Cultivators did have a deep and intricate history and culture surrounding them.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:46 pm

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Artist: Code Lyoko - Song: Kadic Academy

As he closed the distance between them and was about to strike, Calypso called out, and he immediately slowed to a stop, lowering his weapon while looking at her in confusion. She crossed her arms and scowled at him, before grilling him for not telling her about his regenerative capabilities, calling it an absolute win button. Henrex rested the end of the shinai against the ground, leaning against it slightly.

"It's not an absolute win button. It's still very possible to defeat and kill me, even for someone like you."

He paused for a moment, shifting his stance and standing up straight again, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. It really didn't matter if he won or lost, he just didn't want it to be an overwhelming victory. He wanted to give her a good fight, while also not limiting himself to an absurd degree.

"Winning doesn't mean much to me. I'm just using what I have at my disposal to my advantage. I cultivated my regenerative capabilities for years because of my...not so durable body, and that's why it's so fast and effective. But, I can stop using it and just ramp up my regular speed instead, if that's better."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:32 am

"And now you are lying to me! Come on, guy. Hvit can-"
'Hey, you forgot something' Hvit whispered
'Ohh, come on. It's so long and wordy!' Calypso replied. It seemed to actually work, because Hvit just, melted back into the shadows.

"Hvit can see your spiritual energy and share that sight with you. It's massive! I can break you all day and you'll still be fine. I would die of exhaustion before I got half way through your energy supply, and that is if you just stood there and watched me do it"

Shaking her head and turning from him to get back to her book, she'd sit down on the bench and exhale. It was good to stop here anyway, she was getting a little peaked with all the hearty, full power exertion needed to keep up with him.

"Since you are so useless in battle, maybe you can be better at theory. Did she ever tell you anything about Ursa Takkeyeon?"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:44 am

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

"That's not what I meant, I--"

He wasn't given much time to respond before Calypso continued grilling him. At that point, Henrex just didn't speak, sighing softly. There wasn't really a point in trying to correct himself and explain at this point, was it? As Calypso sat down, he followed suit, sitting down on the bench as well, pulling a second bottle out of the container before putting it away, holding it out to her as he took a drink from his own.

He knew the term "Ursa" from both Mirja and Ulv, it had seemed to be a favorite part of her ability and technique naming scheme. But, the term "Takkyeon" was a bit foreign. He couldn't remember Ulv bringing it up anytime, not recently, at least. Ulv wasn't always someone who liked talking to him in the first place, especially not about hand-to-hand techniques.

"Mm...I don't think she had, no. I know that 'Ursa' was a big part of her technique and ability naming scheme, but 'Ursa Takkyeon' doesn't ring a bell, sorry."

He paused for a moment, before turning to face her again, offering a warm, yet bashful smile.

"Bit of an out of the blue question, but, would you wanna get lunch? It's somewhat close to that time, and a small spar alongside martial arts training probably works up an appetite. And, a way for me to apologize for the...kinda wrecked spar. Sorry about that."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 am

"Tsk, a right Albue lukkemuskel you are" Calypso commented, opening the book she had on the bench and reading through the passage again. "It's a whole frigging chapter, given how much she has to explain. But, even then it's hard to grasp. And Hvit won't teach me anything. She's got all the theory because she was there with Ulv the entire time, but is being so mysterious about it all"

She'd shake her head some more and keep reading. It had been read a hundred times over, and she wished she was Yu-Shan so she could use Incarnate Illusion to fight Hvit and really test the theory. But that was a long time into the future.

Then he offered lunch, which was cute. So, Calypso would close the book and look up at him.
"The spar was not the problem. You had no etiquette to tell me about the regeneration you had. And clearly you had intent to use it, so that's no excuse. You gave up explaining what you meant about the fact I can beat you far too quickly to actually care that I understood you, which is a poor impression. And you misrepresent where things went wrong, which implies poor introspective capabilities"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:18 pm

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Whatever Calypso had said, presumably an insult, Henrex blinked a few times before shrugging it off, the notion of her pulling out an entire book becoming arguably more interesting, as Calypso said that this "Ursa Takkyeon" that she had been talking about was an entire chapter.

Henrex found himself staring at the book, unsure of what to think. He wasn't entirely surprised that Ulv had done something like writing a book, but he never knew that something like this had existed.

It really made him wonder what all she had done in the span of the year he was gone, and perhaps thinking that it was all to make sure that she had made the most of her life before death. He didn't know how she died, only knowing that, according to Calypso Vael, it had been caused by something stupid, and that was all he knew.

He briefly looked over the contents of the pages she was on before she closed it, curious as to if there was a copy in Minatumi's library, and if there were, he'd have to take a more thorough look at it. But, as she closed it, she went right back to grilling him.

"I had the intent to use it because I don't have the ability to take hits, even from my own power. I only gave up explaining because it didn't feel like I could get a word in. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, the thought just...didn't cross my mind, for whatever reason."

He paused, sighing softly, before continuing.

"I never knew that Ulv had even written a book. I thought you were just talking about some technique she had invented while I was away."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:34 am

"The fact it never crossed your mind is the point. You are a guy so used to hiding his shit you need someone who is comfortable with shit being hidden. Someone who likes things out in the open is opposed to your very existence" Calypso explained. It was neither malicious nor cruel in tone, simply a statement of facts the same as the following statement.

"It came out eight, nearly nine months ago. I bought it from Zian-Zi because Ulv and Mirja are great. It's two volume set, the first one filled with all her techniques like a strict and proper tome. We got Recoilless Motion, Dragon Tiger Gate, Yī wàn yīnglǐ Sǐwáng, Wolf-Fu, Ssamsu Takkeyeon, Ursa Takkeyeon, and Earth-Grasping Step. All with diagrams and notifications on how best to pull them off, dangers inherent in pulling them off, and such like. Very pragmatic. Ursa Takkeyeon sounds the best but it was very personalized so I don't know if I can actually learn it, to be honest"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum