Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Empty The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus]

Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:38 pm
The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] HEADER_sample-183a079839c6b6d9e5a4565d1130875b

It wasn’t often that Giselle took such matters. Outside of precautionary conversations when she had first joined up she had remained considerably quiet so far as administration was concerned. She kept up with paperwork. She did her job. She partook in patrols. And she took things as they came to her. But something had been hanging over her head in recent moments and with …. Her own recent developments. She had found…. Disdain in her heart. Before she had tolerated some things simply as a resignation to who and what she was. But a lot had happened. She could not be so permissive. Now that Liltotto was here. Now that…. She had someone to serve as a reason to better herself. Someone who she wanted to see grow and be better.

And that meant SHE had to be better too.

She’d notified ahead of time that she was coming, it wouldn’t be a surprise like her meeting with Armstrong. She waited until she was called in and promptly made her way into the man’s office.

”Grandmaster. Sternritter Gewelle, thank you for a moment of your time.” She greeted him, making abundantly clear that this was a professional meeting.
Some small part of her was…. Concerned how this would go down.
But never had she let fear get in her way.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Empty Re: The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus]

Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:12 pm
The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] MKPVPsr

CYRUS

Recent days had certainly worn on Cyrus, far more than he would ever have been willing to admit. Not to Ninsianna, not to Arcadia, not even to Shirohime, had she been present. It was not a matter of simple pride, or of feeling as though he needed to carry all matters on his shoulders. He, of course, had accepted that he simply could not do that. That he was far too human, far too fallible.

Well, no matter. He wore the face of professionalism as he heard the words of one of his most unusual subordinates, as he met her gaze with nothing but his typical determination and pleasant demeanor. He was, after all, the Grandmaster, and even if he still did not have complete faith in the woman before her, she had done more than enough that he did not consider her something that required constant surveillance.

"Certainly, Gewelle. What is it that you require?"

There was nothing else that Cyrus particularly did of late, other than the formalities and officiation of his position. It caused him no small amount of irritation, but what else was he to do? If this was his role, then so be it.

END POST | MESSE NOCE YOR TES MEA

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Empty Re: The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus]

Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:22 pm
The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] HEADER_sample-183a079839c6b6d9e5a4565d1130875b

Good enough start at least. She offered a lopsided smirk for just a brief moment, reflecting at what a different experience this had been from the first time they spoke. But that wasn’t too important to focus on right now.

”I understand that measures were put into place when I joined the vandenreich in the interest of safety. Measures I fully understood and have thus far respected. But there were other stipulations put in place that were less than ideal. But I accepted them regardless. But I’ve been here a while. Doing as I’ve been asked, and I feel that I’ve shown the distinction between what is on my records and who I am now.

Presently I have an assigned watch. However when I had my meeting with miss Copeland in regards to this matter, there was another surprise stipulation that was brought to my attention. That my particular talents would be utilized outside of my duties as a sternritter. I honestly don’t know your awareness on the matter but I gotta say: really didn’t enjoy the description.”
she noted firmly, trying her best to maintain a professional tone.

She reached into her uniform’s pocket and produced a piece of paper to set on the man’s desk. A letter whose function seemed fairly obvious.

”I joined the Vandenreich to be a sternritter. I would very much like that to be the extent of my duties around here. If that’s not doable then I don’t have any interest in staying here.”
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Beaten and the Damned [Giselle/Cyrus] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:40 pm

CYRUS

Cyrus supposed this had really been inevitable. In truth, he would likely have initiated this conversation himself, had there not been a myriad of other things for him to focus on. He would be the first to concede that he had done little to address the woman's reputation, or how others had perceived her, but he would also be lying if he said that he regretted that terribly.

"I understand. I have naturally followed the reports regarding you and your work ethic, those of both the handlers assigned to you openly and those who have kept track in less obvious ways. I have no intention of maintaining that surveillance upon you, based on those reports."

It was fairly simple, really. She had done perfectly well, been perfectly trustworthy. This was not all to say that he would ever completely fail to have the woman in mind as a potential threat, but she was far from alone in that respect.

"I will see to it that you are treated no differently from the rest of your compatriots among the Sternritter. Is there anything else that you require?"

The threat of her resignation had not been lost on Cyrus, but he put that matter to the side. It did, if nothing else, give him something further to bear in mind.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:11 pm

She felt.....relief? Sortof. The fact of the matter was that she was ...at the very least, pleased that this was being put forward. However....there were other things to consider. But well...baby steps right? She gently bowed her head for the slightest moment and smiled. "Thank you Sir. I.....admittedly wasn't really concerned about the surveillance. even IF I'm like...all trustworthy and shit, personally if it were me, I'd still have the zombie girl kept an eye on, even just like, now and then. But hey, if you trust me THAT much then I'm not gonna complain. It was mostly the whole uh..... 'being borrowed for extracurricular prisoner reform' that was my real issue. Trying to turn a new leaf, but I kinda would like if that leaf fell further from the tree." She noted idly.

And she .....paused when he asked her if there was anything else. Hm.

"There ....is. In regards to Mazda. I had a conversation with him a while ago. One that's been on my mind a lot. I talked to him about my whole situation around here. And that got into what it is that HE's looking to do around here. and it sounded awful familiar. A whole lot like a guy I used to work for." Still work for. You fucking wish.

She folded her arms, below her chest this time. "He was .....alarmingly open about it. Has been calling himself the God of the Vandenreich more or less. And seems to have some ...ominous-sounding plans for the world. Overtyhrowing the Gotei. And it sounds like the only thing stopping him from just, doing it NOW, is that he thinks we wouldn't survive the process. Even playfully floated the idea of going to soul society and digging up Yhwacht's body. So I gotta say. There's an awful lot of talk about like...who this guy MIGHT be? But not a real lot of definite answers." She paused and .....considered her next words carefully.

"I'm not gonna stand here and demand answers from you. But the way he spoke to me, was pretty free. I didn't like....DIg answers out of him. Chances are, he's had that conversation with a lot of people. This is just information he ....hands off. And people are just kinda coming to their own conclusions. Like...WHY is this guy here? Why does Cyrus seem fine with him just considering himself the God of this city? Where'd he come from? And most importantly: are his goals in line with yours?"
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:33 am

CYRUS

Mm. So it seemed that Cyrus' suspicions toward Mazda had not been unfounded, and that indeed the man had begun to simply lord himself over everything even outside Cyrus' authority. That did not surprise him, and if anything, it simply made everything he had already considered all the more assured. That he had failed in nearly every capacity as Grandmaster, and that his authority had become soft, uncertain.

"Thank you for informing me, Giselle."

He stood up from his seat at his desk, then, an effort to the action that gave away the truth of his condition. Even if he had recovered a touch, he was far from the man that he had once been. But, frankly, he supposed that was a good thing. He had cast everything given to him aside, for better and for worse. Now was simply the time for him to take what he wished by his own hand.

"I have no doubt that you are aware of exactly how much you would likely have to gain by simply deceiving me, by letting him do as he may and not informing me of the truth. He would be furious, I am sure, to know that you would tell me of this. But I respect that frankness, and that tenacity. Perhaps this is simply some ploy on your behalf to put yourself into my good graces, but I don't believe that it is. I believe quite genuinely, as you have said, that you are working to turn a new leaf."

Walking past her, to the floor-to-ceiling windows that surrounded the office, Cyrus looked out at the City of Lights for a few moments before he spoke again.

"Mazda is the embodiment of all my ambitions, and all of my failures. I had wished for something to achieve the things I could not do alone. But I did not consider that such blind ambition was a foolish, cruel endeavor. What you see in Mazda is nothing less than the essence of what I once was, the power that I used to build the Vandenreich, and the power I gave away in a vain attempt to guide it."

He glanced back at her, a sad sort of smile on his face. Did he care that it was her, of all people? No. Perhaps she was the best candidate to hear it, for Cyrus wished for the truth to be known.

"He is evil. A cruel and vain creature. But my aims, Giselle, are to bring an era where the world may know peace as it once did. You are old enough to remember it. I do not call it a utopia, but it is certainly a better world, and I cannot make it without Mazda. Let him think what he wishes. I have learned much, and I doubt he ever will."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:35 pm

Giselle blinked a little, tilting his head to the side and staring just a little. Damn she just lost 400 bucks. So much for them being brothers. All the same she gave a slow and careful nod as she absorbed this information, watching as the grandmaster paced around as best he could. God she missed Yhwacht. In SOME ways.

He had certainly felt less complicated.

Don’t be afraid. The future you want is never too far from reach.
A surreal experience, being comforted by the voice for once.
”I mean not like I can ignore this shit, Liltotto’s around here now.” she pointed out. Her daughter. A pause before she looked out the window as well. For a moment wondering if she should speak… but ultimately she figured she may as well ask.
”So Mazda came from you. And you talk about…. ‘Ambitions you once had’ or whatever. Just how far have your goals deviated from his?” she asked with a hard stare in Cyrus’ direction. A slight tension in the air as she watched him.

He wasn’t the only one considering possibilities. Including the one where Cyrus and Mazda wanted at the very least: similar things. ”Armstrong. Ninsianna. Shirohime. They were around before the split, and certainly seemed to support you back then. Thats a whole lot of people who might agree with this Mazda guy. You talk about how things used to be. How far back are we talking?” she asked quietly. Unaware of what she might be toeing. She remembered a lot of… eras. Before ender. Before the genocide. Before the Gotei war. There were a lot of ‘peace’ times. And given the situation, she was feeling bolder than usual with these questions.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:46 am

CYRUS

"In some ways, our goals could not be further unaligned. In others, they are all but perfectly matched. But let it be made very clear that I have no ambitions of godhood. I have already made the foolhardy effort of stealing such power once, and I do not wish to have it again."

That ambition was, indeed, the crux of the issue. That Mazda wished to take the place of the Soul King in the cycle of things, that he wanted only to be the center of creation. Cyrus, by contrast, would hardly ever wish for such a position.

"Of them, I doubt any of them agree with him. My intention is the time before Ender, when the world was a quieter place. Far from perfect, certainly. But a place where one might live their life without the fear that some malign beast, or some unfathomable god among men, might simply appear and snuff out one's life without even a warning."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum