Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Empty I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana]

Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:32 am

Solhammond Palliser | GROWTH

Sol really did live an interesting life. It was only him that could suggest a fishing trip between a student and teacher, to tell his life story. And as they marched through the winding paths of the outlands, he seemed to know the way to a decent fishing spot. At least, he thought he did. Who knows.

He was currently carrying two fishing poles, nothing fancy just basic enough for either of them to use. And on his other hand was a tackle box holding all the things one might need on a fishing trip. Just as he felt he was going to be lost and make a fool of himself, they burst into a large clearing with an impressive lake.

“Ah! I remembered!” He’d shout with a grin of genuine excitement, he turned to look at her before motioning with his head to follow him. He did a small little jog over towards the edge, hopping over a log with a rope secured to it. There was a small boat, big enough for maybe three people comfortably that was tied to said log. He seemed to be ready to place the items inside as he prepared to push the boat on the water.

“Don’t worry, this boat is mine. Kinda. I found out just sorta upside down in the woods long time ago. You mind giving me a hand?” He’d point towards one of the two knots securing the boat.

END POST | WHITE KNUCKLE BRAWLER

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] JfH75kA
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] H8Tyk70
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Empty Re: I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana]

Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:56 am

LIANA UNOHANA

"Of course not."

Liana waved her hand, and from the waters came a frog-like apparition that hopped over to one of the knots. Its tongue tugged around and undid the knot, freeing the boat from the dock.

It was pleasing to see Solhammond so exciteable. While she enjoyed watching her fellow shinigami testing themselves and practicing, knowing that they had hobbies to enjoy was also quite encouraging. It was important to have stress relievers. More than just being good for personal and mental health, participating in hobbies improved the quality of work and efforts they could put into the Gotei.

Liana walked along the dock and took her seat into the boat, the box floating behind her with all her supplies coming down to rest on her lap. The captain brought her own fishing pole as well--preparedness was practically her middle name. With great care and attention to her research, this fishing pole was easily and adeptly used by beginners. At least, that's what the brochure she read had detailed.

"I apologise for not better communicating with you about my own supplies."

END POST | THE BLOOD MOON

I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:13 am

Sol, unlike Liana, was more of a handyman when it came to this sorta thing. As he placed the items into the boat, he’d kneel down next to the knots beginning to untie them with practiced ease. He looked like he knew what he was doing, or at least familiar enough with it. As he prepared the boat to get on the water, he’d speak without looking to her.

“In my homeland, Ethiopia, we did not spend much time at sea. But many rivers flowed through the mountains, and my pa’ show’d me how to fish.”

He’d remark fondly, his lips pulling into a smile as he got into the boat. The creak of wood was heard as he reached for a paddle, making sure everything was in order he’d push off the land and begin to row. To some it might be a surprise that Sol was knowledgeable in these rather mundane parts of life, but he picked up a lot over his life. As he paddled them out, there seemed to be a calm serenity over the water.

“It’s fine, good to have a backup if we lose a rod.”He’d shift his gaze to her, who was sitting on the other side of the boat. He hadn’t commented on her outfit yet, but he liked it. “I like your ‘fit.” He’d compliment as he turned his head to make sure everything was clear, as he paddled them deeper into the basin. Before slowly going to place the paddle within the boat, rubbing his hands together muttering an ‘ok, alright’ to himself as he picked up the tackle box resting in his lap.

It seemed he was ready to prep the fishing rods, but was open to anything she might want to say or ask.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000I don't even like fish [Sol/Liana] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:30 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Solhammond and Liana seemed to have a good amount in common, as it was a similar position for her. Restu, her adoptive mother, often took Liana to the mountains, mostly for foraging out in these outlands. Though, fishing along the rivers was something she always entertained--something her mother even wanted to take her on trips on. For whatever reason, the plans simply never lined up.

"How far do we go out for fishing?"

Though she did her own research, a lot of the information she came across involved fishing from civilisation. Something done on a lake, perhaps. In aid to her fellow fisherman, a kido spell formed beneath the boat wordlessly, pushing the water backwards and assisting the strokes of his paddle. Meanwhile, she felt good about receiving praise for her outfit--in a platonic sense, of course.

"Thank you. I hope these clothes are appropriate for fishing?"

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:48 am

“Hmm…”

He’d remark as his hands rubbed the top of his tacklebox, he looked across the open water before turning his head back to her. An almost impish grin on his lips as he spoke. “No idea. I just sorta feel in my gut, this is the right spot. All those years of fishin’ ya’ know?” He’d joke lightly with her. He was sure there was a science to this all, but that wasn’t the way he learned.

He learned by listening to the world around him, watching the water and feeling the brief if fake connection. The world responded to those who ventured into it, and he felt this was the right spot.

“I don’t think they’re bad. As long as you're comfortable, and it shouldn’t be too cold so… I think you chose well.” He’d nod as he opened the tackle box to reveal all types of items, mostly fishing lures. His fingers would play around with the sharp items for a moment, speaking as he did so. “Most of this is different lures based on what you’re trying to catch, depending on time of year and species. Also some extra fishing string, and spare parts.”

Provided she didn’t stop him and showed interest, he would briefly rattle off what types of fish might want what type of lures. But when it came to what to use here, he’d turn his gaze from the box to her.

“As for here, I have no idea what might be best! It’s exciting being in a new spot with someone. But I’d wager we can… use this.” He’d point to a type of lure that was generally good for fishing in freshwater, something he’d use back home in the rivers of Ethiopia to catch medium sized fish. As he began to prep the fishing rods, it was clear he took great pride and care with the way he worked with his hands. A profound appreciation for this craft, that wasn’t too dismissal from his fighting.

“Do you want to try to put a lure on yourself, or need any help? I used to end up poking myself in the fingers all the type.”

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:22 am

LIANA UNOHANA

It was best to place faith in the developed intuition of a veteran fisher. Liana kept a close eye on Solhammond as he attuned himself with the waters that told him where to fish. In a way, it didn't seem dissimilar to the spiritual senses shinigami developed to attune themselves.

When Solhammond opened his tacklebox, Liana leaned over to peer into it, the curiosity written all over her face. She made mental notes on the various types of lures, their shapes and apparent textures. She meant to ask him what differences made them more appealing to certain fish, but it was best to wait for him to further explain and ask questions at the end. It was fortunate, too, as he continued to do just that. Funny, on this trip their roles would reversed--Solhammond, the teacher, and Liana the student.

"I'll watch you, then try myself."

Liana was a quick learner that took up well to learning new tasks. With surprising grace, she fashioned the lure onto her hook without injury, just as Solhammond showed her. Once done, she looked back at him with an eager expression, as if to silently ask, "Is it time? Are we going to be fishing now?"

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:53 am

“Look at you, you’re a natural.”

He’d compliment offering her a thumbs up from his side of the boat. It was time for the most important part of all this: The cast. Such a thing was dangerous, many fishermen have stuck themselves or their companions attempting a good cast. And with the look in her eyes, it was urging him to get to the next step in all of this.

He’d shift his position so that he was looking over the side of the boat, the fishing rod in his hands. “Alright, now we’re at the fun part. I know you wanna get to the fishing part, but this one is important. Watch closely, press down on that button and-” He’d demonstrate pressing a button to make the rope go slack and with a quick motion would flick the rod towards him. This would send the string behind briefly, before a quick snap of the wrist would send the lure flying forward deeper into the lake landing with a small ‘plop.’

“You’re turn.” He’d beam, only minimally worried. He was sure she was naturally graceful enough to figure it out, but you never knew. Rather not catch a sharp lure to the back. He’d wait for her to cast the lure out, before resting the pole between his legs. If nothing went wrong, he’d offer an almost proud nod to her.

“And now, we wait. Congrats, you’re a fisherwoman, Liana.”

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:07 am

LIANA UNOHANA

A natural. A long time has passed since Liana has been in the position of being a learner to a teacher; yet again, Solhammond reminded her of the past, learning from her fellow orphans from the streets of outer Rukongai. The more she got to know him, the more Liana considered the two as kindred spirits, members of the same ilk.

"You flatter me. I'm sure there's much for me to learn here."

Still, she did her best to remain humble in the moment. That said, by merit of her zanpakuto's abilities, it was always a comfort to know that the words Solhammond spoke were genuine. It seemed that, as far as she's known him, Solhammond had always spoken to her with absolute earnest. She hoped it would stay that way.

She paid close attention to the man's movements, waiting for him to complete before attempting to replicate at his command. Liana waved her fishing rod back once the line went loose, letting the hook and lure swing back to build momentum and space, then flicking the rod forward to propel it. First try, and the lure went straight up, arching down only a few feet away from her.

Hmm. Strange. Perhaps her swing had miscalculated the weight of the hook, and in the end, improperly swung forward. Maybe the timing was off, or simply the force. Liana turned to Solhammond for help.

"Any tips?"

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:21 am

He just offered a smile to her first words, before watching her attempt her first cast. It was immediate he saw what went wrong, but he definitely caught it after the fact. And it made sense what she did wrong, all things considered. He’d hum lightly as she asked for tips, before slowly moving to secure his rod in a little holder that would make sure he didn’t lose it if something caught it.

“You’re… overthinking it, if that makes sense.” He’d remark with a light chuckle before shifting his eyes to look at her hands, while making the gesture to reel the lure back in. “It takes a bit getting used to the feel of a rod, but really it all comes down to just one fluid motion. Something like- here.” He’d begin before beginning to shift over to her, now sitting beside her he’d gesture with his hands to her rod silently asking permission to touch it.

If she gave it, he’d place his hands on the rod with her. Without fully committing to the motion he’d help demonstrate the smooth motion. “As long as you get that motion down with a quick snap, you’ll cast that thing out far. You don’t even need too much strength. Just smooth, fluid, motion.” He’d remark turning his head to look at her, a silent encouragement in his eyes as he slowly released the rod and offered a thumbs up.

“Try it again.”

This was nice.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:32 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Overthinking was something she often had issues in the past, yet another means in which this trip hearkened her back to the past; a good sort of nostalgia. She committed to memory with studiousness what he was doing, the explanation her offered. Her movement was too rigid to effectively gain much reach and distance in her throw. It had to be executed all in a single movement, not too dissimilar to some hoho techniques.

She gave no mind to Solhammond coming closer and placing his hands on the fishing rod. If anything, this hands-on learning was welcome. His direct guidance made things much easier, and in one swoop, her hook successfully launched off into the distance.

"Nice!"

Her arm went up in a fist pump that expressed her excitement, before she quickly, in a small panic, placed both hands back on the fishing rod. She had already come this far--it would be a shame for her to make a mistake now and lose the pole.

"And now, we just sit here and wait for a catch, right?"

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum