Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Empty The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose]

Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:39 pm
The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] NsOqTkn

KAGAYAKU NO MURASAKI | CAPTAIN COMMANDER

Murasaki hadn't especially enjoyed the last time she was in America, but she knew that wasn't something that mattered much when she had a job to do. This was extremely important, and she knew that she couldn't afford to send anyone else when it came to a diplomatic approach like this.

Stepping down into one of the many little subterranean haunts that lined the streets of Memphis, Murasaki ordered a vodka and water. It wasn't exactly a fancy drink, but it was about the closest she'd really found to sake in places like this. The sound of guitar echoing through the bar told her she was in the right place, and she simply watched and listened until the song was over. When it was through, she gave a quiet little applause.

"You're good, Mr. Outoribashi. I'm kinda disappointed I haven't heard ya play until now."

END POST | THE WAY OF THE SWORD
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Empty Re: The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose]

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:08 am

The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] UGxbTGb

Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi | Musical Wanderer

It was entirely effortless, the way that his fingers worked the chords with such dexterity that it could almost be considered an inhuman performance. Almost, though, for the player was not as much a master of jazz as he was the guitar and that discrepancy irked him. It was not like people were complaining, most everyone had no idea when he narrowly missed a timing or played a fraction of a beat too fast, but, to him, it was the difference between enjoyment and irritation. Something was messing with his vibe.

For the first time since his impromptu performance began, Rose turned his eyes to the crowd. That was when he saw her, sitting at the bar looking a little out of her comfort zone. She was making the effort to listen, so he lamented that his music was not the reason she had come here. For he could tell that he was her target, and so he could not go on now she was here. How was he to refuse the Captain Commander of the Gotei? Especially after she had gone to the trouble of coming all the way down here.

Bringing his music to a slow and winding conclusion, he bid some small thanks to the crowd for staying with him and slipped away from the small stage. It didn't take long for him to wander over to her, a glass of water in one hand and a neat whiskey on the rocks in the other.

"Earth's a big place. You might go your whole life without ever crossing paths with a drifter like me."

His expression was one of indifference, tempered with just the lightest dusting of intrigue. What did she want with him? That was on the tip of his tongue.

"But you're welcome anytime, Ms. Murasaki."

Looking for a rhythm | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:32 am

"No kiddin'. I never ran into ya once when I was wanderin', ya know."

But she knew just from his expression that he wasn't terribly interested in idle smalltalk, and to be fair, it wasn't like Murasaki had come here just to chat. Naturally, she was all too happy to do that some other time, regardless of the outcome of this little meeting. But for now, it was her responsibility as Captain Commander not to avoid what she'd come here for.

"I guess I oughta cut right to it. Don't quite wanna waste your time, especially since I'm askin' a lot of ya. I'm sure you heard the news about what happened at the City of Lights."

Murasaki didn't want to speak quite so openly about this, but she wasn't trying to beat around the bush, either.

"You've got experience as a captain, and you've got experience with him. I'd like you to come back. I know you didn't leave on the best terms, and I understand plenty that it doesn't sound great. But somethin' like this means I can't afford to just not ask."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Disposessed [Murasaki, Rose] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:02 am

As Murasaki stiffened a little, switching into her Captain-Commander shoes perhaps, Rose did much the same. The easygoing Jazz player replaced by the easygoing former Captain. He sipped at the water, letting it soothe his vocal chords, as he listened to her proposal. She was asking for him to come back, he should have expected as much. Perhaps Rukia had kept him out of her report, perhaps she hadn’t, but it mattered little now.

“I heard about that terrible thing. A lot of innocent lives caught up in the chaos and the Vandenreich couldn’t even stop the guy. If the stories are to be believed.”

He sighed softly, his face taking a certain weariness as he knocked back a good half of the whiskey in one quick gulp.

“But who could stop him when he really got going? The kid was insatiable.”

His gaze fell, looking down at his shoes for a moment before returning back to Murasaki with an all too apparent weight.

“Centuries of watching the bodies of my colleagues and friends pile up whilst we all pressed on because duty demanded it of us. But, why me? I’m a relic, a has been. I just play my little songs and keep to myself.”

He was selling himself short, of course, nor did he limit himself to purely musical activities. But was he doing it intentionally or was there another reason why Rose didn’t want to return that lay beneath the surface?

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:07 pm

"I know. I hate asking you to come back, and if you don't wanna, I'll leave it at that."

Murasaki understood that he'd been through more than most people in the Gotei had. She'd always looked up to those original vizards, and in a way she'd considered them role models in her own life. But now she was asking one of them to come back, and to leave a life she herself would have found entirely agreeable.

"I think you'd have a different outlook on these things than the rest of the captains I have right now. I don't think you'd treat it so clinical as Urahara does, and Miss Kuchiki...well, I don't blame her for taking it so hard. The rest of my captains don't have the history you do. I think your outlook's one I'd like to have."

She took another sip of her drink, thinking about the situation and her intentions for the Gotei going forward. She hadn't made any formal announcements yet, but she'd already been considering another major change.

"I can give you a new division, one that'll operate however you'd like it to operate. I wouldn't ask you to come back in a position below captain. I don't want you to come back just because it's your duty, though, so please don't feel like I'm pressuring you."

This wasn't a matter of bargaining or demanding. She was simply asking if he would consider coming back, and being as honest about it as she was about every topic.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:25 pm

“A different outlook? Is that what I bring to the table these days? I don’t know what you’ve heard about me but that was not a reason I expected.”

It was humbling, to be thought of only as a means to an end. Whatever Murasaki really wanted him for, she likely wouldn’t say until it was upon them. That didn’t stop him from prying though, he hadn’t been headhunted in a while.

“And you’re prepared to make a new division just for me? I’m flattered, naturally, but I don’t know what special skills I would bring to the table.”

He eyed up the second half of his whiskey warily, considering exactly what he was going to do. He was slowly wasting away down here, living in the moment and dealing with one problem at a time. But he was living. Now he was being asked to go back to that soulless place and try make something respectable of it. That was no small task, and he would be going it alone by the sounds of it.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:14 pm

"I don't think of a different outlook as somethin' small. I know the last commanders probably don't care much about the people they have as captains, but I'm not like that. You have experience, and I know from how much I read about you guys that you're not someone who'll go down easy in a fight."

Murasaki finished off her drink, knowing perfectly well that she was operating in a way she wasn't necessarily proud of. She'd wanted to be different from her predecessor, different from all the previous commanders. If she was acting like this, was she even really succeeding in that endeavor?

"I want people I can talk to, people I can understand. I spent a long time away from the Gotei too. I'm half zanpakuto, ya know. People didn't like me much, and I didn't like them, either. I get it, I really do, not wantin' to go back."

With a sigh, she looked over to Rose, fully intent on just letting him go if he wanted. She didn't want to force the issue.

"Even if you don't wanna come back, I'd like to keep in touch. I won't make ya do anything, but I can't ignore someone who can help me keep things safe. Right now, none of my captains are vizards. The only ones who know Ichigo well are Miss Kuchiki and Mr. Urahara, and...well, I dunno if I can totally trust them on this, for different reasons. That's two things nobody else I can think of would bring to the table, that I'd go to you for even if you don't join."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:01 am

Stroking his ego a little was certainly one way to win Rose over, but he was not so baseless as to fold at the first sign of such. He knew that it was likely a decision she had made, to try to pander to him a little just to make all of this seem more favourable. She was right to do so, of course, but there were still plenty more reservations to be had.

“I don’t quite know what that means, to be half of a Zanpakuto, but I can imagine the sticklers having a problem with it. They had a problem with anyone different until they realised they could use them for their own ends. But I don’t hate them, I don’t think most people hated me. I just didn’t want to grow stagnant.”

Again he turned his drink in his hand. He had left the Gotei to make something else of himself, and for a while he had. He had walked across the stars themselves and seen the sun set behind the moons of Neptune. But now he was back on the ground, and humility was not a shade he quite liked for himself.

“If you want someone to talk to then I’ll have to be there to reply. Leaving you with Urahara and Rukia doesn’t sound like the best of company anyway, little bit cut-and-dry for my taste. But this isn’t a forever gig for me, I’m not looking to settle down and put myself in a box again. So if you want me then I’ll stick around until the music stops, but nobody’s song lasts forever.”

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:10 am

Murasaki's eyes brightened at Rose's words, a genuine sort of expression that was near impossible for all but the most manipulative to replicate. She wasn't that kind of person, and she didn't want to be.

"That's fine. I don't want anyone to feel like they need to be there if they don't want to be. When you decide you're done, just let me know and I'll let ya go without any trouble. But I really appreciate the help right now."

She held out her hand, perfectly willing to simply seal a deal like this with a handshake. She could handle all the formal paperwork later, once they were really settled in the Seireitei, but right now they were still in a little bar in Memphis. No sense getting too formal, right?

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:08 pm

Rose could not help but smile as Murasaki's eyes lit up. It was infectious, after all, to bring joy to others even if only for a moment. That was one of the reasons he had started doing all this, to spread just a little bit of happiness. Maybe this was the right choice. Hell, now he was even convincing himself.

He knocked back the last of the whiskey, slamming the glass down with just enough vigour to show his intent without making too much of a scene. His mind was about made up, he would sleep on it to be sure but there was only really one thing left to do.

"Then alright, I'll dance to the beat of your song, Ms Murasaki. But you might have to loosen your collar once in a while and come on down to Earth for another one of my performances. Maybe we'll even get you up on the stage one day."

His laugh was innocent, as innocent as his words, but the grip on her hand had a little more to it as he reached across to give her his affirmation.

Finding His Pitch | END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum