Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Left_bar_bleue40300/10000 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Empty Next Step (Steiner/Khaana)

Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:34 pm

Since his failure involving the helicopter project that he had been working on, Steiner had been spending his days focusing on his work at the shop. A shop that was steadily increasing in work flow thanks to his powers and his father's keen business sense, it did also help that his father was well connected in the community, and people came by almost exclusively for his help in repairing all their mechanical issues. Most of the time it was kind of fun working with the old man. Talking shop and learning from a seasoned mechanic could at times make up for all of the time he felt he was wasting taking apart some knick-knack hand me down from before he was born. But still, there were times when Steiner longed to experiment, and craft things to expand his repertoire. Sometimes it could be harmless, but sometimes these crafting experiments turned out to be prone to explosive accidents.

Steiner had lost count of just how many times he had to help repair the attic that he called his room because he had flubbed something or made a miscalculation of some capacity, but needless to say patience was wearing thin. On this particular morning, after messing around with a combustion engine, he had on accident fed it too much power, which had resulted in a pretty substantial explosion. Sure, nothing in the shop had been damaged, but his parents had basically thrown him out on to the street, demanding that he do some odds and end errands while they cleaned things up. He believed that they were angry beyond belief at him, but deep down he was quite angry at himself. After all, for a guy who was seeking to become one of the greatest inventors to ever live? He sure as hell wasn't making anything of merit outside of a few explosions and some mundane items.

The list of errands was a pointless endeavor as his brain was already focused on trying to remedy the issues with his own experiments and solve the conundrum of what to do next. Truly, he was at an impasse in both regards. Sitting down in a particularly calm part of the local park located in the city, Steiner would begin to fidget around with a piece of metal in his hand, bending it around into different shapes with pure force of will as he frustratingly stared out over the almost completely empty park.

"I need to solve the engine issue. Perhaps something to help me gauge the level of spiritual energy I am imbuing into the engine?"

As if to answer his question, the metal in his hand began to morph into a gauge of some kind, not too dissimilar to the gauge on a water heater that would tell you just how hot the water was going to be. He had repaired a few with his father and he presumed it would be easy enough to mimic the gauge of a water heater to some degree to help him not overdo the energy output.

"Could work, but then what do I do when I miniaturize it?"

The gauge turned back into a shapeless mass of metal as Steiner let out a sigh, kind of caught in a sort of internal rock and a hard place scenario.

"Perhaps I need to just...start doing my own thing."

He said to himself again, looking at the shapeless metal in his hand. While experimenting with things that already existed was useful as practice to get down the intricate parts of design, he knew that just playing around with the same basic stuff over, and over again was getting him nowhere. Perhaps it was time for him to actually design something new and exciting, but for the life of him he just couldn't decide on what to do. He continued to stare holes into the metal in his hand, lost in thought, and trying to consider every possible scenario. The metal would continue to change, flipping through to different types of shapes as quickly and effortlessly as someone turning the page of a book.

Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) OlBPPj4
 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) VewULRr
 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) AQodtc6
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Left_bar_bleue0/0 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Empty Re: Next Step (Steiner/Khaana)

Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:48 pm
 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) HEADER_sample-238683fc701de8fb51d3c9e3c43ae576

Khaana hummed happily to herself as she made her way through the park. A nice little expedition through some quiet little greenery was JUST the thing she needed! She couldn't help but smile from ear to ear as she went, a little bounce in her step as she reached up and lightly itched along the edge of her eyepatch.

Nothing but a cool breeze and relaxation~

That is until a strange scent caught in her nose and her expression turned... a bit less serene for just a moment as she stopped in place. What the heck? She looked around, before finally spotting the source of the disturbance. Some kinda.....machine? And a guy? What was he doing? WHY was he doing it out in a park? Instantly curiosity got the better of her, and soon she began walking her way over to the man as he muttered to himself about the ....uh....whatever this was he was working on. A ...Helicopter? She kept a ...respectable distance, far enough that she felt out of range of the helicopter blades if it suddenly like....turned on and went funky.

"Hey there! This yours?" She asked with a calm smile about her face. Was this weird? Absoflubbinlutely, but she wasn't gonna be rude about it. She was dressed in her usual attire. Some black slacks, a nice red jacket and a black shirt with her merch logo on it, though with the jacket zipped up that was out of sight. And then there was just her black gloves and her eyepatch. Her hair done up in a little ponytail. The picture of just a normal gamer girl!
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Left_bar_bleue40300/10000 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:59 pm

Steiner was normally very careful when it came to messing around and experimenting with his powers, but on this particular day he had probably went a bit overboard, and by doing so had probably drawn some unwanted attention. Turning to face the source of this attention he was greeted by the sight of some girl dressed up like some gamer girl streamer, for a moment he evaluated her before simply nodding head. Really unsure on how to take it that someone would just walk up to someone in the middle of constructing a machine with just trace metals in the air. Most people would have probably panicked upon seeing something like this, but there were always the weird ones who tended to ask questions, and approach for their own inspection.

Not that he wasn't weird himself, but it still surprised him at how often it happened.

"I'm trying to perfect this helicopter. The frame is much better than the last one due to improved materials, but I'm afraid the result will be the same."

He spoke calmly to her, humoring her, but also trying his best to be polite. It wasn't like he minded sharing what he was doing with others, but it was also quite dangerous if other people got involved. After all there was always a chance that even with improved materials, more focus, and better comprehension that the thing could fall apart. Honestly he didn't want to be the reason anyone got hurt, wouldn't sit right with him if his little experiments ended with him injuring somebody. Still, he stopped what he was doing, and crossed his arms across his chest, taking his time to analyze the strange girl in front of him.

"Yes, this is mine, I'm sorry if my experiment is interrupting your jog."

He stated honestly as he continued to stare almost uncomfortably so at the young lady in his presence.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Left_bar_bleue0/0 Next Step (Steiner/Khaana) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:17 pm

She blinked, tilting her head just a little and eyeing the ...large machine as he explained what it was he was doing with it. A slow and steady nod of her head before she cleared her throat. This guy was a little weird. Was he seriously not like....gonna explain? She looked around, as if expecting to see some like...sign about a convention or ....event that would explain the presence of the helicopter in the park, before ultimately looking back to him and giving a polite smile.

"Oh, awesome. Uh... why are you .....doing it in like the middle of a park?" She asked with a tilt of her head, attempting to not sound like...rude or something. It really did SEEM like there was some reason, given how casually he was just...out here. But whatever it was, she didn't understand it, and so she waited patiently for an explanation. There really wasn't ...anything she understood here. She didn't know jack about helicopters. Or really mechanics in general aside from just the maintenance of her suit, but that was just following a manual. Truly this helicopter stuff was beyond her.
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:22 pm

He glanced over at the young lady and blinked a few times, taking her question in stride. She hadn't been there when he had been attacked in that old amusement park and clearly didn't understand why he was doing it here or even why he was doing it at all in general. Still, it was an odd thrill to him, and not an unwelcome one at that, that he would have to explain his reasoning. Most of the time his parents condoned his actions and barely ever wanted to truly ask why he was doing what he was doing, but people who he had just met were fresh faces. Fresh faces meant possible new ideas and new directions to take his work. So, he took a few moments to think of a proper answer.

"The park is safer, well safer for me as it has defenses, and if a wild Hollow decides to come around the parts I'm sure somebody will take care of it. My last foray into the wild, an abandoned amusement park to be precise, nearly got me ate for my troubles. If I am to get better with my abilities, I need to hone them, and push my limits. Preferably somewhere with defenses or protection, relying on my own battle skills will not due, and my powers are not as quick or as potent as I would wish they would be."

He was honest and straight to the point about what he was doing making a helicopter, but he supposed he should take it a step further. He gave her a weak smile and then stopped working entirely to keep speaking.

"As for why a helicopter? It is a machine with a lot of moving parts... complex machines still give me quite a bit of trouble. I can make some simple stuff, but that isn't really going to change the world. Well maybe not in the way of making some great invention can...I don't know, maybe I'm hoping by making some complex machines something will click, an idea, or something."

Steiner wiped the sweat from his brow, shrugging his shoulders, and kind of felt good about himself about talking to someone he assumed was around his own age. In truth he had never done the whole peer bonding thing and in his school years had mostly kept to himself, so it was actually a tad bit refreshing to have someone to talk to at the least. Well more like explain things to.

"Sorry for ruining your jog. I am Steiner Halford by the way...when did you move into town? I know a lot of people in this place and you are new and I would definitely remember if I saw someone like you."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:46 pm

Khaana was .... still confused. She didn't quite understand ...why he was still working on a helicopter. Was hit HIS helicopter? Was it for work? Wouldn't a garage to better? Weren't there like...contaminant possibilities for like animals sneaking into the machinery or like...taking shits on the frame? But well, she didn't actually know much about most of that, and frankly she was just kinda ready to ..accept that he was doing this and not really ask any further questions. For ONE SMALL MOMENT! She absolutely felt a well of hope. This guy sounded stupid and autistic....was ...was he .. a main character?! Those eyes lit up and for a brief moment she got excited! That is until he ... started talking about relying on the powers of others to keep him safe? Wait, he was doing this out in the open so that he could rely on...just...the general public to protect him? She made a slight face. Thus guy was definitely no main character, ugh, what a letdown.

"Your special power is you can fix helicopters?" She asked, something of an amused smirk playing across her lips as she chuckled just a little. But still, she listened as he gave a ... better explanation? He was fiddling with a helicopter for ...inspiration? She eyed the machine itself and couldn't help but feel like this wasn't like... the best way to do that. But well, she was hardly an inventor. And the only one she knew was responsible for her not having parents.

However, his comment about ruining her jog brought that smile back and she let out a snort, waving dismissively. "It was more a jog than anything else. Don't worry about it. I was honestly just kinda bored anyway. So then, you're an inventor..." Total supporting cast. "And uh.... not so much new to the area. I'm just kinda in town for business. So makes sense ya wouldn't recognize me."
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:34 pm

She seemed quite unusual and her question about his power being something as mundane and worthless as what she insinuated made Steiner kind of glare for a second. He didn't like the ridicule portion of this particular interaction and shook his head in disbelief. Still, she wasn't from around here, and didn't really know about the Halford family, so he buried the feeling that was swelling in him. Probably hurt pride at this point and then let out a rather large sigh.

"No, my power isn't something as dumb as being able to repair helicopters...though it can be used to do that. I believe the term that people use to describe people like me is, technomancer?"

He held out one hand toward the frame of the machine he had been constructing and decided to make something else. If she was feeling bored, perhaps he could entertain her a bit.

"What sort of business are you planning on doing here? Shopping? There is a nice little shop that sells crepes down the road from the flea market, pretty nice food for the price."

He said making small talk as portions of the helicopter began to fall off and almost slither across the ground, twisting, and contorting into new shapes than their original purpose. In his mind he tried to think of what to make, something that would entertain a modern gamer girl he supposed and in that moment inspiration struck. He decided to make a statue, a life like statue of one of his favorite characters from an old RPG game he had played on a refurbished gaming system he had helped restore. He did his best to make it as accurate as possible, pulling it together, and molding it to his whim. He breathed heavily as the effort he was putting in was beginning to tire him out, but he knew losing focus would only cause the creation to fail.

"This is one of my favorite characters, Cole McGrath from Infamous."

Steiner said as he kept working the statue, trying to keep his focus, but occasionally looking over to see if he was entertaining her even a little.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:47 pm

Khaana blinked, her head canting to the side for a moment at the sudden defensive response from the young man. Was he serious? Huh, well still she raised a hand up and gave a dismissive shake of her head. "I wasn't serious guy, I was just making a joke. I kinda figured your power wasn't exclusive to helicopters." She noted with a calm smile. She wasn't sure if Technomancer was the word she'd use to describe the guy, but she wasn't gonna say otherwise if its what he wanted to be considered.

"No, I do all that stuff online these days. I was just going to take a walk, stretch my legs, maybe get something to eat." Technically true. She'd actually been sweeping the area for hollows by going through the park. But well, she wasn't gonna go outting her vigilante ways to this guy.

Uh.....oh... She blinked, taking a couple steps back as she watched chunks of the helicopter start to peel off of the thing and begin reconfiguring itself into... uh. Huh. Cole something? She really didn't recognize the character, which WAS weird. It was from ...Infamous? How fuckin OLD was this game that even SHE didn't know about it? Still she smiled and gave a little clap at the demonstration. "Oh wow, so you can just kinda metalbend. Nice. Uh...you totes didn't have to like... take your helicopter apart tough, I feel a little bad now." She noted with a sheepish smile. It was certainly a neat trick, but well, now she DID look at the helicopter. Was he gonna have to start over? He;d said he'd just been working on it for inspiration and she certainly didn't want the guy to have to tack back on another chunk of work time just because of her. Though certainly the statue seemed to have garnered her intrigue before the concern kicked in.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum