Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede]

Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:42 pm
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 JdMzd8x

KAEDE AKIMOTO | THE WILD CHILD

Rather than continue the conversation, Kaede let the ideas set in her head as she rushed off to the bathroom, looking it over with awe. But, those thoughts of developing powers stuck with her as she slipped out of her clothes and stepped into the shower. She hadn't really thought of doing that, what would she even develop? Didn't those things revolve around who you were, personally?

Her soul was as much of a weapon as the stuff she created? She sat down on the bench in the shower, looking herself over, eventually bringing her arms around herself. She didn't even know what she would want from powers. All she knew was that it was hard to keep her attention when something didn't interest her, she liked tech and taking things apart, and...well, she was a shameless hedonist who held zero value in herself.

Groaning, she aggressively, angrily lathered her hair with shampoo and washed it off. Maybe she could do some kind of thing like she did, harnessing the energy around her to create weapons. That sounded...kinda cool? Maybe? Guess she'd have to think about it more.

Kaede stepped out of the shower, drying herself off and sighing, slinging through the Container and grabbing another set of clothes, little different from what she wore before. Pair of ripped pants, blue short-sleeved shirt, white socks, and a pair of worn-down tennis shoes. She peeked out of the bathroom, seeing Ehefra laying on the couch and resting her leg, Kaede quietly stepped out and sat down in one of the chairs.

"So...how does the whole substitute Shinigami thing work? Or...really, the Shinigami and Gotei thing in general? What kinda unique stuff do they got?"

A mixture of interest and wanting to have as much info as she could about it. She didn't know what the hell she was going to do, if she was going to. But, the idea of creating cool stuff unique to her, by her was interesting. So, knowing more about her options to go about that was important, now wasn't it?

Last edited by Henrex on Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Empty Re: Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede]

Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:22 pm
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 HEADER_EvA0k0JU4AEtrBp-cutout2-cutout

Ehefra took a moment to ....reflect as Kaede washed herself, sighing just a little as she furrowed her brows. She hadn't really addressed her feelings about Malaysia frankly. The idea of training another quincy ....wasn't good. So much that she realized that she was....perhaps...trying to push Kaede in any other direction. Even going so far as to suggest the gotei.

Was that smart? Especially since to a degree... the Vandenreich opposed the Gotei on some levels. Looking at everything she'd built up around herself, she vaguely wondered. If she had been something else. Would she be happier? A shinigami. A monk. Some religious person? A fullbringer? She wasn't sure. It was hard to really take into account all of the factors. Would she even be in the vandenreich? Hm.

But well, she didn't have forever to think about it. When Kaede emerged from the shower Ehefra raised a brow and smirked, a brief moment to look approvingly at the nice, clean Kaede in a different outfit before she spoke. "They have a lot of high speed moves. Uh... Spells. But well, just about anyone who awakens their spiritual power gets those. Their most unique thing I guess, is their zanpaku'to. Living weapons which they utilize for combat. It's sortof like.... a sword that they make into a companion. And as they grow, so does the sword. Hollows accomplish something similar by shaving off a part of themselves and sealing it into a blade. But ...well..I haven't actually studied any hollows to really know the difference. Not that I've had a chance to study Sinigami either, frankly." She conceded, scratching her cheek thoughtfully.

"Power really isn't ..... uncommon. People draw it from different places. Its just a matter of willpower and focus. A monk can find it by meditating. A Priest may find it through prayer. Demons, back when they were still around, had all sorts of ritual stuff they did. A master swordsman may talk about their blade as if it were alive. There's a certain level of innate talent involved. But theres also a certain number of things that frankly, are just a matter of effort and force." She noted, kicking her legs before turning to look Kaede dead in the eyes.
"The soul is what drives it all. even my own powers are something that my own personal energy fuels. No matter what you do. No matter what path you choose. Understand that your training means nothing. It's a road you walk. But there are plenty of roads. No particular one is special. What's important is the will to walk it."

She paused and smiled a bit sheepishly. "Just know that uh... some roads ...you can't take back. Even if I ...wanted to try and do something else. Becomming a quincy changed me on a very fundamental level. I can't become not a quincy without losing a lot. In the same way, joining the Gotei is a commitment. Some paths are more ...absolute than others. So just be careful."
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:52 pm
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 NeN5QYp

Even something as small as the approving look and smirk at her change from the shower, Kaede gave a sheepish smile, idly playing with her still-drying hair, having decided to keep it down for now. She drew her legs up to her chest, holding them close and resting her chin on her knees as she listened. From what she heard of Shinigami, it was what a lot of people became after dying, which...worried her. The dying part.

She wasn't really sure how to feel about a living weapon, especially about...making it a companion of sorts? Weird. Hollows had that kind of thing too? Did theirs talk like a Shinigami's? She unconsciously tilted her head to the side as she thought of it, but, was quickly drawn from her thoughts at Ehefra's other comments.

"Is that why you were collectin' the Hollow gunk earlier? To study it?"

People seemed to do all sorts of weird, personal things with their powers, like talking to an inanimate object. She had heard of some people being able to awakened and manipulate the "soul" of an object, though, she doubted how real that was. But, as Ehefra continued, Kaede tucked her mouth and nose behind her legs, staring at the other woman with an almost cat-like curiosity as she kept listening.

The curious gaze immediately shifted as she made mention of how...permanent some of these choices were. Seemed like it was most of the options that she had were a permanent thing. Doing Quincy stuff would probably change her like it had Ehefra, going the Shinigami route would probably result in her being dead and stuck in the Gotei, in their little world they had.

"...Seems like most of it are permanent things. I 'unno what I even wanna do right now. Quincy stuff sounds cool, but you...don't seem all that thrilled. What, got enough Quincies over there that you don't need some bum becomin' one?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:56 pm
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 HEADER2_sample-75b629b79df6a81c4ca3d613108cc0a8

Ehefra nodded lightly at that. "Naturally. I'm a part of the Research Department of the Vandenreich. So it's a part of my job." she noted simply. Actually the samples were for a specific reason, but well, that wasn't just something she went spilling. All the same, she leaned back and watched as Kaede seemed to think through a few things. Idly looking her up and down thoughtfully.

though, when she actually came up with that question, Ehefra's smile faded and she looked off to the side. A .... tired look shifting across her features as she thought about it. "No Kaede. I'm .... hesitant, to advise that path, because it's a dangerous one. Your soul changes. Becomes....sensitive. A long time ago, before I was a part of the Vandenreich.... I fancied myself a teacher. I made a lot of people quincies. I thought that I was helping them. But they had ... a very bad hollow probelm in the area. Most of them were killed. And those that weren't....died of hollow poisoning soon after." She trailed off and closed her eyes, sighing just a little.

"There is also the danger behind a quincy's powers. It's .... special. We don't just kill someone when we take them down. If someone dies from a quincy's power, their soul is destroyed completely. No afterlife. No next stage. They're gone. And that can be a problem. In fact.... it was once such a problem that the shinigami decided to kill every quincy they could find. We were hunted, and almost completely erased." She glanced back to Kaede, a very serious look on her face. "Becoming a quincy is dangerous, in many ways that are unique to them. And you become a target. In the past, I ignored those vulnerabilities, and others had to pay for that. I understand if that's something you want to pursue. But I also want you to understand what that means." She explained seriously.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:49 pm

Huh, she was part of the Research Division of the Vandenreich. That made sense. Cute robots, spirit programming -- whatever the hell that was -- collecting the Hollow stuff earlier...it was kind of a stupid question in hindsight. She brought her legs a bit closer to her chest, her eyes suddenly looking to the side in realization of this, a tad embarrassed with herself.

But, she saw the change in Ehefra's expression in the corner of her eye, and she went back to look at her. The soul-changing thing didn't really bother her, since...it really seemed like most of the options outside of just being regular old her had the same soul-changing results. She tilted her head to the side, slipping her nose and mouth from behind her legs.

"Isn't it their fault, then? It's not your fault they died. Just because you made ''em Quincies doesn't mean that you're responsible for what they do. You made 'em Quincy, they knew the risks. It's just...how life goes."

Her arms ever so subtly tightened around herself, turning to look at her legs, the chair, and the floor. If she made a bunch of people Quincy, then, she was a good teacher, wasn't she? But, the grip on her legs grew tighter at the mention of being hunted, erased, all at the hands of Shinigami.

She didn't know how the afterlife went, and she wasn't gonna pretend to know. She would be lying if she said that the thought of that didn't scare her at least a little bit. Her eyes closed halfway as she anxiously tapped at her legs, tucking her mouth and nose back behind her legs before she spoke. This time, her voice was quiet, slightly scared, and unsure.

"...Okay. I get it."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:01 pm
Why Is Your Hair Blue? [Ehefra, Kaede] - Page 3 HEADER2_sample-75b629b79df6a81c4ca3d613108cc0a8

"NO. They didn't." He voice came out ....harsher than she intended, as she was suddenly standing up, striding over and stopping directly in front of Kaede. Her expression dire and serious.

"I can see the look on your face. But Being a Quincy is NOT like anything else. A Shinigami's soul is .... different. they all are different in their own way. But ONLY quincy are changed so .....extensively. That destructive power. Their weakness to hollows. IT is not a choice. Everything about them is corrupted. I would have know that if I'd finished my OWN training....." Her shoulders lowered and a look of ...regret showed across her face. "I was stupid. I never finished my actual Quincy training. I just..... took what I knew. And went from there. I didn't know .....I ...didn't CARE to know what consequences came with being a Quincy. My Teacher warned me. But .... I left her. Even knowing that I didn't fully understand them. But ... my students. They did NOT.....now the risks. The weakness took them by surprise. Wounds that would normally have only crippled them.....slowly killed them. And they never understood why..." Her brow furrowed, guilt clear on the woman's face.

"Which is why I am where I am now. My own ignorance cost many people their lives. Or worse. And it's also why, if you DO choose to become a quincy. You won't be learning it from me." She murmured, turning away from Kaede and making her way back over to where she'd been sitting, wringing her hands just a little, grimacing a bit. She had snapped a litle..... tch. Not something she was used to doing. She'd been on edge ever since Miami.... but she pushed that out of her head, taking a slow, deep breath. Don't get caught up in what you've done, just focus on what you're going to do. Breathe in...... and breathe out.

"Sorry , I don't mean to get all....intense. But its better you know." She murmured softly, offering a sheepish smile to the other woman.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:29 pm

The sudden harshness brought Kaede to attention, the lax, low energy in her eyes quickly turning manic, wild...and afraid. A hand instantly went for the Container, and in no time at all, she had her gun in hand. She didn't point it at Ehefra, but, having it near her gave her a feeling of safety. She held the weapon with a death grip, her knuckles turning white as she kept eyes on the other woman.

In spite of that fear, it just...didn't make sense to her. Quincy being corrupted, their power and weakness to Hollows not being a choice. Weren't Hollows the "corrupted" ones? Everything she knew about Quincies -- which wasn't much, admittedly -- gave off the impression that they were kind of...pure, in a sense. They destroyed things entirely, with no afterlife. It was clean, and their weakness was the thing that they wanted to destroy.

She didn't respond to Ehefra as the woman stood in front of her. She just kept her eyes focused on her, hand wrapped around her revolver. She listened with all of the intent she could muster, and as Ehefra turned around and walked back to her seat, Kaede slowly relinquished the hold on her weapon. She shakily brought her legs back to her chest, her body trembling lightly as she hid her nose and mouth behind her knees.

Even with the apology, Kaede just nodded, staying silent for a few moments, before she lifted her head past her legs so that Ehefra could hear her. Her voice was even quieter than before, the manic fear in her eyes having ebbed away and instead, her eyes now were half-closed. The spike of adrenaline eased away, and just left her feeling...tired.

"...Okay. I'm sorry. I get it this time. I do, I promise."

She was kind of upset. She wouldn't be able to be taught to be a Quincy by Ehefra, if she even wanted to go down this path, she had made that extremely clear. Seeing her smile though, prompted her to lift her head again, offering a small smile in return. It left as quick as it came, and she ducked behind herself again.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:36 pm

She was aware of the hand on the revolver. She wasn't really all that threatened. She had already gotten an idea of what the weapon could output. Frankly, she didn't even bother aknowledging it. Her blut was already active, if the woman shot her, she wouldn't be hurt. But even so.... she closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh of relied as Kaede seemed to relax as well. And .... she .... felt a slow...exhausting guilt course through her.

She could already see it in the woman's eyes. That burning curiosity. The desire .... to be a quincy. And even though she calmed herself, even though she wore a smile. Some small part of her on the inside ...died a little more. Ah. And the thought crossed her mind.... that perhaps this woman would have been better off homeless. The notion that her ..... opinion of quincies was skewed by her past. IT didn't occur to her. Not as deeply as it should have. Even as down as it had been to explain to Kaede, her own relationship with Quincism was..... beyond worse than that. It had ruined her life in so many other ways. At least that's how it felt. But she kept that down inside. And tried not to think that she may very well have doomed yet one more person. Not even a shred of that worry showing on her face. She was far too used to pretending everything was alright.

"Anywho. I think I'm going to turn in for the night. Fighting wears me out." She murmured softly, and as she did, the circles under Ehefra's eyes would become just a little more pronounced as she headed toward the rather massive couch, sighing as she ... peeled off her jacket, and was greeted by her sweaty shirt underneath. Ah. Right.

"I'm gonna take a shower, and then turn in." She murmured, correcting herself as she started cane-ing her way over to the bathroom, tiredly peeling off her clothes as she did. She just wanted to sleep. Entirely unaware that she wasn't going to get to.

She didn't sleep much at all these days.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:55 pm

Watching with half-closed eyes as Ehefra calmed down and eventually stood and walked away. She didn't bother turning her head to look at her. She just listened to the firm clacks of the cane against the floor, the rustle of Ehefra's clothes as she peeled them off, and finally, the other woman's voice as she made her way to the shower. She didn't respond.

She just slowly slumped over, quietly scrolling through the container to get a medium-sized blue blanket with generic police badges on it, nowhere big enough to fit an adult woman entirely, and cradled the storage object close to her chest, covering her upper body with the blanket, head and all. Her waist and thighs pressed against the end of the chair, and her legs dangled over the other armrest.

She wondered if other Quincy thought the same as her and would try to steer her away from it. Maybe...she should try and go another way. She didn't want Ehefra to get angry with her like that again. She looked at the soft glowing blue light of the technology piece, wondering what she should do. Maybe she'd just wait and try to find more people. The thoughts continued to wrestle in her head as she fell asleep, into a dreamless slumber.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum