Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Empty Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon]

Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:03 am

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

Hijiri Aramaki was well over his head when he entered the headquarters of the Vandenreich. He'd been accepted into the organization, but he was still awaiting his official posting. He adjusted the strap holding the cloth bag around his Zanpakutō and held the piece of paper directing him to his temporary quarters tightly.

After almost running into another sliding-glass door (which were immaculately cleaned), Hijiri looked at the paper again to get his bearings. He blinked. "...Shit." The smudged ink only revealed a partial number—34—among the Rorschach-like remnants of his instructions. Everyone around him walked like they had a purpose. If anything, that was more reinvigorating for he was among purposeful people.

It took about an hour to admit he was lost. After three locked doors, a cafeteria, and two supply closets, Hijiri was about to call defeat on searching the variations of "34." He slumped against a wall and sighed. He tried to recount his path so he could get back to the front desk, but there were almost too many left turns—and twice as many right turns. "First day and I'm already lost..."

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Left_bar_bleue0/0Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Empty Re: Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon]

Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:13 am
Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Nc14v0I

SOLOMON RICHTER | STERNRITTER

Solomon's day had progressed along about as well as he would have imagined. Outside of his typical duties as Sternritter personnel, there was nothing of particular note on his plate today. On one hand, these sort of days made him restless. He was a man whose goal was to consistently prove himself in the eyes of the Vandenreich, after all. To him, it was a matter of pride and loyalty. Pride in honoring his fellow Vandenreich members by displaying significant progress, and loyalty for the people who welcomed him into their forces.

He really enjoyed his time among the Sternritter. His peers were absolutely exceptional. Of course, he greatly admired every other division and the purpose they served as well. Roaming the hallways, Solomon would project a holographic image from his mobile device, azure eyes observing and sifting through any potential duties on the docket. Momentarily, his gaze wandered forward to lock onto the raven-haired male who looked slightly defeated, slumping against a wall with a sigh. Subsequently, Solomon closed the mobile device, canceled the display, and approached the man with a curious expression. He didn't recall seeing this man around before. Was he a new recruit? Did he enlist personally? More importantly, was he lost? Such would be the series of questions he would ask the man, to gauge his presence, and naturally, learn more about him. It was nice to see a new face.

"Excuse me, but is everything alright? You look a little defeated right now. My name is Solomon. Solomon Richter. It's always nice to meet new members. I'm not gonna assume anything here, but are you struggling to find where you want to go? If so, don't worry. I got lost on my first day of the job too," he humored, gesturing a handshake.

The Oncoming Storm | End Post

Last edited by Iori on Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Empty Re: Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon]

Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:49 pm

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

Once again, Hijiri was faced with a familiar sight: the ever-growing height average of the human race. Solomon was about two-to-three inches taller than him—just enough to really be noticeable. He also looked to have at least some pride in how he carried himself. He was probably important. A book Hijiri read once said that the best way to blend in is to act like you belong somewhere. He supposed he still didn't feel like he belonged here. But that was for day two.

Hjiiri removed himself from the wall and gave a small smile to the "giant" before him. He took Solomon's hand in a respectful, almost practiced manner. "A—" As he went to give his own name, Hijiri hesitated. Which way should he introduce himself? Last, first? First, last? Either would technically be correct, but was that going to make him look weird if he did it the wrong way? Was this hesitation making him look weird. Deciding to follow what he believed to be the way Solomon introduced himself, he continued speaking. "Hijiri Aramaki, sir." He finally released Solomon's hand after their handshake.

Hijiri chuckled to himself. "Worst part is... I don't even think this is my actual first day. I'm just trying to find a temporary bunk while my first posting gets ready." He gestured the way he came from with his thumb. "I was trying to get back to the main lobby so maybe I could get the directions to where I'm supposed to go. The, uh... ink was a little runny." With yet another small, nervous chuckle, he showed Solomon the wrinkled paper that once contained an address. "You wouldn't happen to know where I might be able to find a temporary lodging with the number 34 somewhere in the number, would you?"

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Left_bar_bleue0/0Wrong Doors and Right People [Hijiri/Solomon] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:21 pm

"No need for the formalities, Hijiri. Solomon is just fine. Although, my more playful peers prefer to call me Solo. I have a former member to blame for that," he snorted softly, shaking the man's hand as he parsed his words for pertinent information. From the looks of it so far, he seemed relatively normal. The manners he displayed so far were delicately polite, his demeanor equally so. Solomon wondered if those polite mannerisms were merely the result of his first day, or if they were undoubtedly genuine. Of course, it was far from his place to think on such matters, especially if he intended to join a division other than the Sternritter. Better to simply help him along and go from there. Hijiri Aramaki? Japanese descent? Well then, interesting...

Solomon took a long look at the wrinkled piece of paper, stroking his chin quietly before clicking his tongue a bit. "Hm... not off the top of my head, no. Fortunately, I do know most of the headquarters from top to bottom, and I should be able to lead you back to the main lobby, and serve as a guide from there. This place is pretty big, so it's easy to lose direction real fast. Come, follow me, so we can find your lodging until things are made official."

Gesturing for Hijiri to follow him, Solomon would walk forward through the hallways, striding the first corridor to lead them out of the dead end Hijiri had found himself in. As they traversed the halls, Solomon turned back to him with measured interest in his eyes, drumming up a conversation as they walked.

"So, you mentioned that you don't even know if this is your official first day on the job, and your waiting till' your posting is ready. If you don't mind my asking, what division are you interested in joining, Hijiri?"

Last edited by Iori on Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:47 pm

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

Well, this guy was definitely important if he was that dismissive of formalities. Hjiiri had only seen or heard important people trying to be friendly do this. Perhaps he could be a loyal ally—no, the term was asset—in Hijiri's goal of justice. Well, that was if Solomon was a Quincy. He assumed that Solomon was, but he wasn't quite sure. Hijiri couldn't quite tell, as everything kind-of felt human-y and Quincy-y to him here. And besides if a Shinigami joined, what's to say another race hadn't? This guy could be an Arrancar even. Though, without the telltale mask that was doubtful—yet not impossible.

Whatever Solomon was, he was helpfully unhelpful. Hijiri didn't want himself to be remembered by lobby staff as "That guy who sure did get lost on his first day" and yet, he likely was. With a sigh and a smile, he nodded. "Thank you very much." Adjusting his strap again, Hijiri fell into step slightly behind and to the right of Solomon. There wasn't a moment of silence, however, which was honestly a little much for Hijiri. He wasn't quite used to speaking about himself this much.

"Well, it's not really which one I'm particularly interested in. My interviewer said it was a tossup between the..." Hijiri paused to try to remember—and pronounce—the names of the two groups he had been given. "St-ehrn-ritter and the... Towed-gehs-tall-ten." He was going to have to quickly unlearn his pronunciations and learn the proper ones. "I had no real preference, which I think is making the process take longer... What about you? What division are you part of?"

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:13 pm

Though Hijiri struggled to articulate the names properly, Solomon's quietly turned his head in curiosity as he revealed that his fate was a tossup between the Todgestalten and the Sternritter. When Solomon made his intentions known to join the Vandenreich, he was automatically thrown into the Sternritter division. His abilities were ill-equipped for every other division, especially the Todgestalten.

He did not operate in subterfuge nor did his collective set of skills make him anything a peer would dare call deceptive. In a word, the division of stars was overwhelmingly ideal for a man of his stature and skill. Oh, there was also the fact that he wasn't exactly the spitting image of an archer or a gunman, but that was neither here nor there. He really had to work on his ranged attacks one day...

"I am apart of the Sternritter Division. Our roles are, in no uncertain terms, to fight on the frontlines. In other words, direct battlefield engagement. Funnily enough, my interviewer told me that I was basically a shoe-in. I'm not exactly the spitting image of discreet, so I guess that made their decision pretty easy," he humored, walking through another corridor.

"While I'm simply personnel at this stage, it would certainly be nice to have another Sternritter fighting alongside me. Of course, I have no say in that. Maybe they think you'll be better suited in the Tod. In fact, in your honest opinion, where do you think you'd be best suited? The man behind the shadows, working in subterfuge and misdirection or a frontline soldier with blade or bow in hand?"

It was certainly a valid question, and Solomon perhaps thought it would help him come closer to settling into whatever division he was chosen for. He seemed rather companionable and unassuming, but appearances could certainly be deceptive. Maybe there was more to him that met the eye...

Last edited by Iori on Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:00 pm

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

Just like he was lost, Hijiri was wrong too. This guy may have personal importance, but in terms of the organization? They were basically the same with the only difference being seniority. Though they had only known one another for a few minutes at this point, Hijiri had a vague idea about how Solomon was. Subtle and sneaky were two adjectives not in that pile. There was a genuine-ness about Solomon that actually put Hijiri at ease and on edge.

Hijiri shifted the shoulder strap once more—this time more out of nervous habit than anything else. "Honestly... I don't really know." He scratched at his cheek. "I'm not particularly good at combat, nor am I particularly smart or anything. I think I can dampen my Reiatsu pretty well, but I'm still pretty weak so it's not like there's much to dampen, haha..." Hijiri let out a nervous chuckle. "I think the... Tod, as you put it, is probably better. In a chaotic battle, I'll probably get mistaken for a member of the Gotei..."

Hijiri thought for a moment. He realized he had let that slip. His eyes darted from side-to-side. Thankfully the hall was empty save for these two. "The fact is, I'm not what people would think of as an ideal member of the Vandenreich..." Hijiri started to count the lines on the floor tiles instead of trying to meet Solomon's inevitable gaze. "I'm not even what people would think would be allowed in here... I'm... not a Quincy. I'm a Shinigami." Hijiri braced himself for the incoming shock and potential violence for that reveal...

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:46 pm

As the two continue to traverse the hallways, Solomon quietly listened to Hijiri voice his opinion on what division he felt suited his talents most. From the way he expressed himself, he had concluded that the Todgestalten befitted his skills the most. That was to be expected. Nothing about this man screamed sternritter, but again, appearances mattered little. His performance on the battlefield would be the determining factor, truth be told. Though, Solomon turned his head slightly at Hijiri's next words. Not an ideal member of the Vandenreich? His interest was piqued. Did he belong to another race? A demon, perhaps? An arrancar? Solomon had only met Kokuto in passing, and the arrancar that aligned herself with their forces was someone he hadn't seen in person. He simply knew she chose to align herself with them.

He certainly didn't think any of his answers would shock him to any particular degree. Of course, when he finished, Solomon's assumption shattered like so many pieces of glass. A Shinigami... For a moment, an awkward atmosphere set in as Solomon cleared his throat. A Shinigami? In the Vandenreich? It was odd. Then again, an arrancar should've been just as worse considering how antithetical an existence they were to the Quincy. Turning towards him with a stupefied expression, Solomon found himself utterly curious as to why he wished to join their forces as opposed to the Gotei.

"Well now... I certainly didn't expect that answer. It's a good thing the two of us are alone here. I'm sure those who despise soul reapers would've reacted poorly. As for me, I guess it's just adding another non-quincy to the list who wish to fight on our side. First, it was a demon. Second, an arrancar. And now... a Shinigami," Solomon noted, chuckling as though he couldn't believe it. Even so, Solomon remained level-headed about the revelation. What was he going to do about it? The Grandmaster had consistently displayed an open-minded philosophy towards allowing non-quincy to join their ranks, especially if it served to bolster their overall effectiveness as an organization. So as long as Hijiri genuinely wished to assist them, Solomon held no ire towards his eventual inclusion. As they walked, he posed another question.

"If you don't mind my asking, what makes us so appealing compared to the Gotei?"

Last edited by Iori on Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:08 am

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

Hijiri blinked. Okay, so he wasn't the only anomaly—just the third. That was actually surprising, especially because Arrancar were natural poison to Quincy and Demons were, well, demons. Hijiri had a bit of a pause because of that. If this organization let that kind around, perhaps this wasn't the right step for him... A shake of the head threw that thought away. It wasn't the organization he sought, but the members within. Maybe there'd be a "workplace accident"...

Hijiri thought about Solomon's question. "Well, honestly," he lied, "I just think that the Gotei is just not right for me. Their ideals and mine don't exactly agree." There was another small pause as he spun the web of deception. "I think the Gotei has been over-reaching in some ways, and I think perhaps giving them a reason to step back might be good for everyone." There was no reason to tell Solomon about his justice just yet.

"And you're right, Mister Solomon. I don't expect my being here to be taken very kindly. I already underwent some hazing back at the Shin'ō Academy—that's the school for the Gotei—just because I'm... well, me." Hijiri shrugged and chuckled sadly to himself. He was a mild-mannered, genuinely kind guy—the kind of person that's compared to a doormat. Hijiri no longer was a doormat inwardly at least. "I fully expect to probably be put into danger more than once."

"All I can hope is that it doesn't come from you too." There was an empty falseness to the smile Hijiri flashed there. In some ways, it was a threat. In others, it was a plea. "So what about you? What made you join? ...I assume that's just what Quincy do, but I honestly don't know."

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:48 pm

Solomon listened to Hijiri's explanation with a poised measure of interest. According to him, there was a clear divide between their point of views. Nothing more, nothing less. In some ways, he supposed he agreed, if only meagerly. As long as the Gotei weren't pointing their blades towards the Vandenreich, Solomon's opinion on them would remain decidedly neutral. They had made efforts to strengthen their bonds, and he viewed that as progress... but how long would it last?

He wondered. By definition, he would like to think that he was an optimistic man, but he had always felt that the Vandenreich walked on a tightrope when it came to the Gotei. There forces were clearly not strong enough to match them, and if they did anything to disturb their sense of ethics? Well, then, what would stop them from repeating what happened in the past? No, he was ruminating on this too much. The past was the past. He genuinely hoped he and his peers could learn from it and not fall victim to the hubris that nearly ended their bloodline long ago.

In any case, those were thoughts to mull on some other time. Solomon was at least satisfied to hear that how prepared he was to face judgment and be put through the ringer. He didn't think anyone in his division would do so - save, perhaps, Freyja. Fortunately for him, they hadn't crossed paths yet. Liltotto... how would she take it? Natasha? Kokuto? Hm, certainly thoughts to ponder.

Turning towards him, Solomon would offer a reassuring, yet challenging smile.

"Nah. I'm not that type of man. I've met soul reapers recently, each of whom I've developed a significant respect for. As long as you are serious about this, I'll be the last person giving you any issues. Now... if we spar, I can't make any promises," he humored, finishing that sentence with a light jest.

"Mm... well, as far as my reasons for joining the Vandenreich. Apart from it being something I felt ought to be my natural duty... I genuinely wanted to get away from my family's household---particularly, my father. I couldn't spend a day longer in his presence, though I never told him that to his face."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum